Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

FAM WE BEEN BLESSED BY THE MAMA OF MAMAMOO

https://twitter.com/esnathesinger/status/778153846015201280

Very interesting. So here's something I dislike about this (Korean?) credits system.... :donthinkso:

We all know that eSNa is a great songwriter and has several producing and songwriting credits to her account (eg. she's credited for producing "Ahh Oop!" herself..). So I don't doubt one bit when she says that she wrote the guide/demo to "I Miss You". However I was a surprised that I did not know of that before. And it turns out it's because her name is nowhere mentioned in the official credits for that song!!

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like the lyrics/melody of a song guide represents more than 50% of the final product (which in a lot of case in K-pop involves only a translation from some language to Korean). If anybody knows more detail on how credits are shared among a song's songwriters in Korea, please do enlighten us on it. But for now it seems like people who write guides are given no credits at all. 

Right now, "I Miss You" is officially composed by Kim Do-Hoon, and written by himself, Hwang Yoo-Bin and Moonbyul. No word on eSNa.

I already noticed the same thing happening to "Piano Man" after Hwasa released a guide to "Piano Man" in a fan cafe where we hear a very early demo/sampled version of the song's beat with Hwasa "singing" pretty much all the lyrics' melody (I'm actually not sure of who wrote the guide). The actual lyrics came later when Kim Eana got on board to actually come up with the idea and story about the piano man and the smart lyrics techniques and whatnot. But again, "Piano Man" is officially written by Kim Eana only...

I have definitely observed this happening for several other companies' songs as well (especially SM which translates a lot of foreign songs to Korean) and so I wonder how royalties are being distributed. Like do they buy out the songs/guides while getting rid of the creative ownership that came along with them??

I mean, I think it makes a lot of difference now to know that eSNa actually came up with "I Miss You" and potentially not KDH or Hwang Yoo-Bin...  :soul:

• Like 4

CtFpd5_WYAIn7bG.jpg

Hwasa's collarbones  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

You can see all the pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/TV6OU

They look absolutely gorgeous. Love these pics :) As beautiful as they are talented.

Very interesting. So here's something I dislike about this (Korean?) credits system.... :donthinkso:

We all know that eSNa is a great songwriter and has several producing and songwriting credits to her account (eg. she's credited for producing "Ahh Oop!" herself..). So I don't doubt one bit when she says that she wrote the guide/demo to "I Miss You". However I was a surprised that I did not know of that before. And it turns out it's because her name is nowhere mentioned in the official credits for that song!!

I don't know about you guys, but I feel like the lyrics/melody of a song guide represents more than 50% of the final product (which in a lot of case in K-pop involves only a translation from some language to Korean). If anybody knows more detail on how credits are shared among a song's songwriters in Korea, please do enlighten us on it. But for now it seems like people who write guides are given no credits at all.

No expert, but I kind of relates how this work... It's the same with publishing outside USA (where you find the easiest sue on intellectual rights because there are tons of laws on this). Someone wrote a blog or a pilot, let's say a travel guide with interesting anecdotes. A book on the same subject is published. That someone won't be credited unless his or her exact work (participation) is included in a book. The format and collection of these stories in the book could look the same, but it doesn't mean money to the blogger or pilot project. Does this make sense?

Right now, "I Miss You" is officially composed by Kim Do-Hoon, and written by himself, Hwang Yoo-Bin and Moonbyul. No word on eSNa.

I already noticed the same thing happening to "Piano Man" after Hwasa released a guide to "Piano Man" in a fan cafe where we hear a very early demo/sampled version of the song's beat with Hwasa "singing" pretty much all the lyrics' melody (I'm actually not sure of who wrote the guide). The actual lyrics came later when Kim Eana got on board to actually come up with the idea and story about the piano man and the smart lyrics techniques and whatnot. But again, "Piano Man" is officially written by Kim Eana only...

I have definitely observed this happening for several other companies' songs as well (especially SM which translates a lot of foreign songs to Korean) and so I wonder how royalties are being distributed. Like do they buy out the songs/guides while getting rid of the creative ownership that came along with them??

I mean, I think it makes a lot of difference now to know that eSNa actually came up with "I Miss You" and potentially not KDH or Hwang Yoo-Bin...  :soul:

I don't think this is necessarily the case, if Hwasa or eSNa took part in creating the melody of the song they most likely would have received credit for it. What most likely happened is that Kim Do Hoon wrote the instrumental and the melody, but had Hwasa and eSNa record the guide giving them freedom to sing whatever they wanted over it. Maybe it'd be one thing if the lyricist was inspired by the guide tracks, but in the case of I Miss You, none of eSNa's lyrics were used.

This reminds me of the demo of Coffee & Tea which was in English lol (Maybe Esna wrote those too?)

Edited by sparkilene

I'm bored, so I decide to make these while streaming New York.

g4YNHeT.pngsMuAX2E.pngJIXwLby.pngsCvFwEG.png

TpH9XmO.pngCPlO06E.png4kmPTBV.png1prW6xv.png

U4ud4QL.pngMYtwmor.jpgTKjOk1R.png

aw you're good  :ahmagah: . do you also know how to make sig?? and moonbyul with that lighter blonde hair  :stare:.she's so pretty

aw you're good  :ahmagah: . do you also know how to make sig?? and moonbyul with that lighter blonde hair  :stare:.she's so pretty

I can try to make one for you. Which image do you want?

I don't think this is necessarily the case, if Hwasa or eSNa took part in creating the melody of the song they most likely would have received credit for it. What most likely happened is that Kim Do Hoon wrote the instrumental and the melody, but had Hwasa and eSNa record the guide giving them freedom to sing whatever they wanted over it. Maybe it'd be one thing if the lyricist was inspired by the guide tracks, but in the case of I Miss You, none of eSNa's lyrics were used.

This reminds me of the demo of Coffee & Tea which was in English lol (Maybe Esna wrote those too?)

I remember eSNa saying she wanted I Miss You for herself but KDH didn't haha.

Edited by InWheeWeTrust

It always shocks me just thinking about all the future releases mamamoo will be making wow

OMG I think I accidentally neg you while zooming out my phone screen

The universally acclaimed Mamamoo:

Girl group MAMAMOO has quickly become one of the most popular girl groups in K-Pop, attracting fans of all ages and demographics. 

In addition to being a rising group in Korea, the group has also continued to inspire fans from many foreign countries as well with their music.

In fact, the group made international headlines recently after a 72-year old American man Jerry Giebe wrote a comment on MAMAMOO’s official Facebook page thanking them for giving him strength with their music. He explained that their music helped him overcome his illness, and added that he loved their new music video “New York,†which was recently released as a pre-single on September 21st.

Fans who saw Jerry Giebe’s heartwarming comment have shared his words online, with many praising MAMAMOO for producing such universally-loved music.

BSQR74A2WL824LG7722O.jpg

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/72-year-old-american-fan-writes-heartwarming-letter-mamamoo/

• Like 5

^

wheein and moonbyul are going to hello counselor.

i remember that show as the one where some ass called sulli (?) from fx fat  :soul:  so i have... mixed feelings about this. but byul and yong had already gone before, no? i don't know much about that... Was it good? what is the show mostly about?

Edited by my moos #AngelLineTeam😇

^

wheein and moonbyul are going to hello counselor.

i remember that show as the one where some ass called sulli (?) from fx fat  :soul:  so i have... mixed feelings about this. but byul and yong had already gone before, no? i don't know much about that... Was it good? what is the show mostly about?

it's a talk show where regular people come and share stories about problems in their lives. the hosts, guest stars and the audience listen to their stories and discuss. iirc at the end of each episode everyone will have to vote for one story and the story with most votes will win a prize or something.

anyway, it's another talk show from KBS (where most guest stars just come to laugh and show their facial expression), but i still hope Wheein and Moonbyul won't get cut again. i wouldn't be surprised if they would but i'd definitely be so freakin pissed. 

it's a talk show where regular people come and share stories about problems in their lives. the hosts, guest stars and the audience listen to their stories and discuss. iirc at the end of each episode everyone will have to vote for one story and the story with most votes will win a prize or something.

anyway, it's another talk show from KBS (where most guest stars just come to laugh and show their facial expression), but i still hope Wheein and Moonbyul won't get cut again. i wouldn't be surprised if they would but i'd definitely be so freakin pissed. 

i see. i would prefer if no one (audience, other artists) had to give their opinions or whatever on the girls themselves. all i wish is for what happened to sulli to not repeat again to anyone (especially not mmm).

i also dislike when that happens, but well at least they still get paid for going. what would piss me off is if they give another kind of summary of what the girls say or did on the episode only to not show anything, just like what happened in unhappy together.

• Like 1

Wow. Amazing. I'm so proud that Mamamoo and RBW are producing music that is universally loved. I really hope they get more and more recognition worldwide for world domination!

I just had a weird dream last night and it involved Mamamoo (or at least some of Mamamoo):

So I was in this village in the mountain area, but it doesn't really look like a village. The road is smooth and made of asphalt and there are houses on each side of the street. However, there is this one house that has a lot of tall bushes on its front yard and then I decided to get into the bush.

Suddenly, I ended up being in a very long bridge above a very wide river. (I even doubt if it was a river since it looked more like a lake). It was raining so hard and the sky was very dark and there are a lot of thunders. I was afraid so I started to run, although the bridge seemed endless. But suddenly, Solar came from behind me with a yellow umbrella. And we started running together but then her umbrella was blown by the strong wind and the umbrella fell to the wide river. She looked sad and I apologized to her, but then she continued running and I swear to God suddenly the end of the bridge is there.

I continued to run and follow her (and it was still raining) and then I saw her running into the woods, and weirdly enough I came back to the same bushes in the first place. I ended up in the same street again like the one in the start of my dream but Solar was there and soaked wet and suddenly Moonbyul greeted her and they both walked away together. And then the dream just ended.

What a weird dream and I don't know why MoonSun was there.

Plus, I suddenly remember as I woke up that Moonbyul's official colour is yellow right? The same colour with Solar's umbrella... I wonder what that means.

I think it's pretty safe to say that subconsciously, I'm stanning MoonSun. But the dream is so weird, I even still laugh it off as I'm writing this.

new (or old?) tattoo  :ahmagah:

edit: wait i just notice the ri is bold, do guys think it's related to rihanna?   :hurr:

By the way, did you realize that she keeps singing the word "Maria" in the New York song? (I hope I'm not mistaken).

Edited by AbsoluteGarbage
  • Like 2