Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Noob question:

Why are there 2 videos of the MV? RBW and CJEN. 

Which one should i be watching to increase their ranking? 

I know it's kind of a dumb question but i've always been wondering about this and just asked now..

:smile:  :smile:

Noob question:

I know it's kind of a dumb question but i've always been wondering about this and just asked now..

:smile:  :smile:

As far as I know and remember (haha), both views are counted/considered in music shows ranking.

Fun fact: my school wifi doesn't allow Youtube or Messenger, but it allowed my friend to send me the link and it let me watch it?? I think my school secretly supports Mamamoo  :hurr:  :hurr:

Or maybe the album title?

But how does this all relate to the third clue?

If it's a Broadway themed song/album, I'm going to dieeee because I absolutely adore musicals  :rlytearpls: Btw, there's a musical called Victor/Victoria with Julie Andrews that involves crossdressing, but I doubt that's what they were hinting at with the third hint. Maybe they're going to do what SJ did and comeback with a song that's a mix of Kpop, trot, and rap??

Noob question:

:smile:   :smile:

As far as I know and remember (haha), both views are counted/considered in music shows ranking.

i think both count, but views in mamamoo's own channel gives them money or something. i say watch more in mamamoo's channel, but also watch in the other channel too (if u want).
Edited by my moos #AngelLineTeam😇
  • Like 1

I may be late spazzing in here but I was definitely in time on streaming the MVs. I'll do it again later with different accounts :chu:

Now onto the song.

It really feels like RBW is subtly pushing other 'combination' (or ships, as we know) like the earlier releases of "Angel" from Angel Line and "Dab Dab" from Rap/Rare Line. This pre-release is where Performance Line shines the most (their parts are more prominent than LeaMak) with LeaMak supporting them WITHOUT being overshadowed. How they did it I'd never understand, it's so amazing that they were able to do it since I doubt any group can do it unless they have a tight knit with each other + have any say in the song production.

The song itself is beyond my expectation! I always know that Mamamoo has this skill to give us surprises with their musicality and this is just another proof! Moonbyul gets so many parts in this and her flow is just so, so good... And it seems like her technique has changed ever since she debuted gradually.

Wheein~ her vocal, her tone... Just as expected from the main vocal! :rlytearpls:

The whole MV, even if the plot is meh, I love the color palette, their visuals are :chu: and let's not forget the treasure hunt that actually makes us paying attention to every single detail of the video. Brilliant marketing.

Last but not least, I'm hyped with their next comeback! I don't care if we lost to Park Hyoshin, I'll be a proud Moomoo instead. :)

• Like 5

^ the plot of the mv is kinda meh imo too. It entertains me though.

The first teaser of the mv had a really different feel, like the plot looked totally different and that was something I was super expecting. Some funny story about some cool girls (actually nerds) finding this weirdo who sits on old mattresses in the middle of the street like some kind of hobo. And soon they become ot4...

I had that in my head, I wasn't expecting something big, and is not like the actual mv is super boring or anything... but I really wish we knew why were they side eying tf out of yongsun in the teaser lol

MV making film  :ahmagah:

I LOVE THEM SO MUCH  :rlytearpls:

I hope they enjoyed/are enjoying today and celebrating how well the song is doing on the charts. They work so hard  :cry:

I'm loving my new dp :rlytearpls: :rlytearpls: :rlytearpls:  Thanks for the maker in neighbor thread :chu: :chu:

It's great, Byul's so hot and seductive in that gif :omg:

• Like 1

It's great, Byul's so hot and seductive in that gif :omg:

So many great gifs to pick but this one kills me :chu:

So many great gifs to pick but this one kills me :chu:

Omg yes i had a really hard time choosing one too (I love your so much

Is the song #1 on melon? I saw something on twitter but couldn't see the time. My phone is messing with me

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is the song #1 on melon? I saw something on twitter but couldn't see the time. My phone is messing with me

It's the other way around, song is #1 in 7 charts, not in Melon but they peak there at #4 at debut and #5 during peak hours. Pretty impressive for a pre-release considering the competition.

:chu:  for Hyejin's kiss in yours

Really? *off to Twitter*

OH WAIT I HAVE TO WATCH MRJ REACTION TO NEW YORK BYE

It's the other way around, song is #1 in 7 charts, not in Melon but they peak there at #4 at debut and #5 during peak hours. Pretty impressive for a pre-release considering the competition.

Oooh you're right! I saw the pic and I thought it was from them but it was the overall chart with the #1 position on other charts as well. Sorry for misunderstanding lol

That one comment about Mamamoo being a tryhard bugs me a bit.

So, I want to start a discussion with you guys.

Do you agree with that? I don't.

Do you think the commenter's "tryhard" comment is referring to the fact that Mamamoo is singing a song about another city, another country, and as a matter of fact, another culture?

But isn't the song about the hilarious experience of a girl lyring to her boyfriend that she's gone to New York?

Do you think some people judge the song too soon just because of its title?

What about being "tryhard", is it the same case in your culture that when someone releases a work of art about a different culture, then it's considered as "being a tryhard"?

I'm sorry for throwing a lot of these questions, but I just want to have a nice discussion with you guys, since for me this fandom is not like other fandoms, and I mean that in a good way.

Also, I'm asking all of these questions just in case there is someone here who comes from SK, so you guys can answer my questions and fulfill my curiosity.

I personally think they're not being a tryhard. Like I said, and the song itself proves, that the song isn't about kissing some country's ass, nor even trying to heavily promote some other city and culture. The song is just about a girl's experience for lying to her boyfriend, right?

Because, in my culture, when someone is trying to kiss ass about some other culture, the society here will judge the person as being a tryhard and even as far as condemning the person to be "forgetting his/her own root". But that's so harsh, and I don't like the way the society here thinks most of the times, so I disagree.

Edited by AbsoluteGarbage

That one comment about Mamamoo being a tryhard bugs me a bit.

So, I want to start a discussion with you guys.

Do you agree with that? I don't.

Do you think the commenter's "tryhard" comment is referring to the fact that Mamamoo is singing a song about another city, another country, and as a matter of fact, another culture?

But isn't the song about the hilarious experience of a girl lyring to her boyfriend that she's gone to New York?

Do you think some people judge the song too soon just because of its title?

What about being "tryhard", is it the same case in your culture that when someone releases a work of art about a different culture, then it's considered as "being a tryhard"?

I'm sorry for throwing a lot of these questions, but I just want to have a nice discussion with you guys, since for me this fandom is not like other fandoms, and I mean that in a good way.

Also, I'm asking all of these questions just in case there is someone here who comes from SK, so you guys can answer my questions and fulfill my curiosity.

I personally think they're not being a tryhard. Like I said, and the song itself proves, that the song isn't about kissing some country's ass, nor even trying to heavily promote some other city and culture. The song is just about a girl's experience for lying to her boyfriend, right?

Because, in my culture, when someone is trying to kiss ass about some other culture, the society here will judge the person as being a tryhard and even as far as condemning the person to be "forgetting his/her own root". But that's so harsh, and I don't like the way the society here thinks most of the times, so I disagree.

Where did you see this tryhard comment?

NB article most comment are positive though. Only the thread title and a single comment mention tryhard.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

In the thread about NB comments. It's posted in this forum.

But like I said in that thread, I know that the comment wasn't meant to be harsh. I think whoever said that meant that as a compliment, but it's just interesting to see the way he/she thinks about the concept of being a tryhard. That's why I started this discussion.