Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

girl... the struggle is real!

legit, solar's getting her ultimate stalker fan for her birthday #jokebutserious

Meanwhile I'm saving money, to try and ship myself to mamamoo.

9f9b9a078abd1a35480baf7a95cbd9e2.jpg

WOOOOO THAT'S WHAT WHEEIN WILL BE GETTING ON APRIL 17!!! ME!!!

Edited by wheeined
  • Like 2

:har: :har: LMAO SO CLOSE TO ME

there's a kpop club night in markham tomorrow night, they'll probably be playing mamamoo songs too but I can't come!

You can find me in Koreatown a lot wandering around :imstupid:

Sis I'm still new to the GTA area so u gotta point to all the best places to get shit 😭😭 however I did went to just you too Sarah and Tom and got 2 Mamamoo albums â¤ï¸â¤ï¸ I got byul photocard 😭😭😭

Sis I'm still new to the GTA area so u gotta point to all the best places to get shit [emoji24][emoji24] however I did went to just you too Sarah and Tom and got 2 Mamamoo albums â¤ï¸â¤ï¸ I got byul photocard [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Ahhh yess yesss I always go to Sarah and Tom for kpop albums! What albums did you get? The last time i was there i bought all mamamoo albums except melting and found out that there were no photocards lmaooooo

0e74145371ddb954b1a9398b0f8e7d54.jpg

i mean they kinda need to comeback more than once a year to keep up guys. its not like they're all over tv and magazines all the time so. this once a year thing isnt gonna work considering they aren't some GINORMOUS thing in korea lbh. groups are coming up and you have to stay in the spotlight unfortunately..

i thought they'd just put out a single tbh

Edited by tastypasties

i mean they kinda need to comeback more than once a year to keep up guys. its not like they're all over tv and magazines all the time so. this once a year thing isnt gonna work considering they aren't some GINORMOUS thing in korea lbh. groups are coming up and you have to stay in the spotlight unfortunately..

In my opinion, i don't think they "need" to. It might be far fetched but the year is almost over, and ''i am the best'' is still on the charts. The girls might even have secret events they still get invited too + moosical still brought in a lot of interest. Also on a recent happy together the host said Mamamoo alongside Gfriend and twice are still high in demand. 

I rather have them wait a bit till the near end of the year, or the start of 2017, to comeback with something that's thought over and not just a comeback for the sake of rushing to stay in the spotlight.

I never want the girls to end up feeling like props for fame, i want them to still have that spark when they perform and actually enjoy their own single.

Edited by F.P

In my opinion, i don't think they "need" to. It might be far fetched but the year is almost over, and ''i am the best'' is still on the charts. The girls might even have secret events they still get invited too + moosical still brought in a lot of interest. Also on a recent happy together the host said Mamamoo alongside Gfriend and twice are still high in demand. 

I rather have them wait a bit till the near end of the year, or the start of 2017, to comeback with something that's thought over and not just a comeback for the sake of rushing to stay in the spotlight.

I never want the girls to end up feeling like props for fame, i want them to still have that spark when they perform and actually enjoy their own single.

idk i think 1 cb every year for a group that doesnt really make many tv appearances is a bit too little exposure for my pleasure at least. its not about fame its about exposure for fans to enjoy. the less you're seen the less likely opportunities to be seen is kinda what im getting at.

i thought they'd just put out a single tbh. but i guess thats not worth the investment really. meh w/e if anything id just like to see them on variety shows if they arent pushing out their own stuff. cuz even their vapps and mmmtv are slacking big time.

Edited by tastypasties

idk i think 1 cb every year for a group that doesnt really make many tv appearances is a bit too little exposure for my pleasure at least. its not about fame its about exposure for fans to enjoy. the less you're seen the less likely opportunities to be seen is kinda what im getting at.

i thought they'd just put out a single tbh

I can kinda see what you're trying to say but also not.....

(Not trying to be rude) but i don't see how you think they have little exposure for us as fans. They have wgm, showtime, did random Vapps, we had commercials, countles public school events they went to, dream players, moosical. We also need to remember that they will cater more to the korean fans then international fans.

But then again, I can't speak for everybody.

In my opinion, i don't think they "need" to. It might be far fetched but the year is almost over, and ''i am the best'' is still on the charts. The girls might even have secret events they still get invited too + moosical still brought in a lot of interest. Also on a recent happy together the host said Mamamoo alongside Gfriend and twice are still high in demand.

I don't think RBW is rushing things, gfriend has comeback twice with rough and navillera this year. Not to mention red velvet will make a comeback soon. And yes, they're still high in demand...

image.jpg

So for the sake to staying in the Spotlight isn't a correct word. They don't need to do that.

It's more about supply and demand. Obviously they have planned it since the beginning.

MB just posted several memos on official fan-cafe...

Edited by vanbun

I can kinda see what you're trying to say but also not.....

(Not trying to be rude) but i don't see how you think they have little exposure for us as fans. They have wgm, showtime, did random Vapps, we had commercials, countles public school events they went to, dream players, moosical. We also need to remember that they will cater more to the korean fans then international fans.

But then again, I can't speak for everybody.

id rather not go back and deconstruct my messy explanation lol soo ill just say i agree. but they should use their vapp a lot more at the very least. they get lots of viewership and new fans from it. they use it the least for having their own channel haha.

I don't think RBW is rushing things, gfriend has comeback twice with rough and navillera this year. Not to mention red velvet will make a comeback soon. And yes, they're still high in demand...

image.jpg

So for the sake to staying in the Spotlight isn't a correct word. They don't need to do that.

It's more about supply and demand. Obviously they have planned it since the beginning.

You're right, i wasn't saying that's what RBW is actually doing tho. Just the thought, that oh they need the spotlight instead of just enjoying their job... if that makes sense   (don't judge me this group makes me say cringey stuff)

id rather not go back and deconstruct my messy explanation lol soo ill just say i agree. but they should use their vapp a lot more at the very least. they get lots of viewership and new fans from it. they use it the least for having their own channel haha.

Doesn't matter lol you can prove me wrong too. Can keep the thread going, gives it a boost :lol: during down times. True though we need more vapp but hey be happy they ain't a YG group...... 

Edited by F.P

I would be excited for another comeback. They'll have even more fans and public interest since Melting, and the rave reviews for Moosical, not to mention its incredible success, should be a nice boost as well. 

As long as Mamamoo is working at a pace that won't burn them out, I have no complaints. We're already closing in on September and they had their last official comeback in February. 

I'm sure they have plenty of new music to share. Maybe we'll get a sub-unit too  :ahmagah:

Omg angel line as a sub unit...? Or wheebyul? Wheein singing and byul rapping? Idkkkk so many options

Every year since debut they've promoted two releases. I doubt they'll break that pattern this early.  They've slowed down a bit since UOAY but I suspect it's because they've had so many other offers and promotions to deal with outside of music release (all of which helps). I reckon we'll get another comeback before the end of the year (even if moomoos want them to rest).

As long as they're ok with it I'm fine. During my whole time involved in Kpop I've never stanned another group that has offered me such a high level of content (quantity and quality). I feel spoilt. I think it's because they still genuinely enjoy their work. When Wheein starts to look like she's done with everything then we'll know that they actually need to rest.

When Wheein starts to look like she's done with everything then we'll know that they actually need to rest.

When Wheein looks like this we'll know

ezgif-1651304999_zpsinzwi9zx.gif

• Like 3

When Wheein looks like this we'll know

ezgif-1651304999_zpsinzwi9zx.gif

keep an eye on your wife mate and ill keep an eye on mine

i wouldnt be against a MMM comeback but tbh i'd prefer it in october/november

because of olympics it feels like a lot of groups havent done their comeback in august and I think September we are going to have a slew from groups (pray I'm wrong) and it's not that I don't think MMM couldn't compete but I'd like to enjoy their releases properly with decent promotions and nothing being cut short because there's so many groups etc.

praying for a hallowe'en concept and release though because that would be so so so so good!

If their schedule (rest included) still can afford a comeback, why not? They'll probably slow it down few years from now when they're already more established and have more projects outside releasing music (more concerts and events, shows, individual projects). They are still pretty new group imo and just like almost all the top groups at the present did in the past (comeback more than once a year), its a good move when there is a big demand of it, all the while, making the radish field grew more.

I think they're due for another comeback this year and from that instagram post of the orchestra, it looks like something is in the works. I expect them to comeback in the fall or maybe early winter. But Mamamoo has never been completely quiet. Their monthly streak of officially released songs is a testament to that.

If they aren't releasing a song or doing a feature, they're on TV shows like Immortal Songs. I don't know about you, but I could go for another IS performance. I'm so spoiled when it comes to that show. Showtime is ending and I felt that went well for them. I have no idea about ratings or netizen reactions, but as a fan I generally liked the episodes. I would love Mamamoo to do more task oriented reality/variety shows, since my favorite episodes were the cooking and haunted house episodes. 

Haven't heard any rumors about Solar and Eric Nam's tenure on WGM ending (even though I have to confess I don't follow the show, I'm so hopelessly behind on everything), so that's still something that's happening. 

Honestly, I'm less stressed about the timing of comebacks now that they've won music shows. Of course I'd like them to maintain their fanbase and grow it, but the urgency isn't as much as it used to be. I think the only reason why I'd want them to comeback again is because despite being burned last year, I do think that this year Mamamoo has a legitimate shot at winning Top 10 in Melon's Music Awards. But I'm still super pessimistic when it comes to awards shows which are purely politics and scheduling these days. So I don't dare hope for anything else besides Melon and Gaon next year. 

• Like 1

My thoughts:

Their position in the music industry is already established, but that doesn't mean they'll go slack and have long rest (even though that is the exact thing I want them to do). This is just another beginning for them; they need to maintain the spotlight as long as possible. Not necessarily by having a comeback.. It can be from appearing on variety shows that suits them, concerts, drama OSTs, and yes, Immortal Songs will be appreciated too.

I'm not really afraid by the (possibly) tight competition after the Olympic - Mamamoo had been on the girl group summer battle before and gained their first large recognition from the GP, so *shrugs*

So if they wanted to have a comeback, I'd rather for them to have it around mid September/October. I think it'll be ideal time for them: they have enough rest + preparation for the title track and the whole mini album/single/even a repackage album.

Ahhh yess yesss I always go to Sarah and Tom for kpop albums! What albums did you get? The last time i was there i bought all mamamoo albums except melting and found out that there were no photocards lmaooooo0e74145371ddb954b1a9398b0f8e7d54.jpg

well since my mom was paying this time around I only got Mamamoo's debut album and Melting (which costed me like 70+ dollars for 2 ), and my sis got herself Winner albums. I'm pretty sure all of their albums prior to Melting does not any photocards . However I'm probably gonna get Piano Man and Pink Funky sometime next month or for my birthday gift

well since my mom was paying this time around I only got Mamamoo's debut album and Melting (which costed me like 70+ dollars for 2 ), and my sis got herself Winner albums. I'm pretty sure all of their albums prior to Melting does not any photocards . However I'm probably gonna get Piano Man and Pink Funky sometime next month or for my birthday gift

Yeah I didn't know about that lol and i only found out about the limited pink funky albums after i bought all of them AT ONCE lmao my broke ass was crying

radishes from toronto :D

Hello!! You live in Toronto too?

Hello!! You live in Toronto too?

yaaa :--)