Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I WANT THE RING! I WANT IT TO BE MY WEDDING RING PLEASE MY WEDDING RING WITH WHEEIN

*delusional mode: on*

Excuse me but I'm already married to wheein

I proposed to her with the same ring but bedazzled with dyamonds yo

• Like 1

so, i bet most of you guys have listened to the audio stream by now. shall we have a discuss on which performance is your favorite (base on the audio only)?

so far i think my faves are Piano Man, Don't Be Happy, Love Lane, Sting, all the solo performances, Taller Than You, UOAY and Never Letting Go. the live band and the songs' new arrangements were so amazing, especially Piano Man, Taller Than You and UOAY, i was totally blown away. Love Lane and Never Letting Go sounds so fun and emotional at the same time, because the fans were all singing along. the solo performances were so lit omg Moonbyul dancing + rapping + singing; Wheein's new song sounded so hot; and then there's Solar and Hwasa....... i don't have any words to describe those ok i went nuts when the solo perfs happened.

i'm a bit sad that they didn't perform Freakin' Shoes and Gentleman, well at least they've performed FS at a event before but for Gentleman, i'm still waiting. hopefully they'll surprise us by switching up the setlist for tmr. 

overall the concert was amazing and that was what i felt based on the audio only. RBW, the live band and Mamamoo themselves, did an excellent job. and i think everything was live 100%, right? (except for the dance cover ofc) Most of their high notes left me speechless, they were like x100 times better than usual. i'm so proud of them. 

I was busy tweeting and listening to the live stream, but from what I heard this was an epic concert. The fans who were able to go and see this live are so lucky and I am so jealous of them. 

I'm hearing mutterings of it being recording so I'll just have to hope that it's true and RBW plans on producing a DVD.

The live band did an excellent job. Mamamoo is live, so their music needs to be just as live. They did very good. I particularly liked Taller Than You and UOAY's arrangement, but it was all good and Mamamoo sounded fantastic.

agree so much.

Edited by Dolores Haze

Excuse me but I'm already married to wheein

I proposed to her with the same ring but bedazzled with dyamonds yo

Okay, with Hwasa then!

i'm a bit sad that they didn't perform Freakin' Shoes and Gentleman, well at least they've performed FS at a event before but for Gentleman, i'm still waiting. hopefully they'll surprise us by switching up the setlist for tmr. 

They did say they would perform slightly different songs tomorrow, so we may see an appearance by Freakin Shoes and Gentleman.

And yeah, they performed Freakin Shoes at the LA Moo Meet~

trivia: their outfits and styling in this performance were designed by moomoo :lol:

Wow thankyouuuu!!! Finally watched the full stage^^ how I wish theres a moonbyul focus fancam from this performance

wowo ikr moomoos are so creative

Hellooooo! Welcome here new radish! ^.^

^^ hellooo fellow radish

LOL. Moonbyul is the ultimate girl crush

Solar is our YeBa (Yeppun Babo)

Wheein is our precious Pupwhee

and our fatally sexy maknae, Hwasa

You just cant help but fall in love to their 4 different colors  :lub:

Yeba unnieee lol I just watched mamamoo comedy clips 'when solar being bullied' poor leader-nim

Hello, welcome to the farm. 

They are just so charming and talented, aren't they. :3

YES YES YES. The most charming girl group I ever come across

And wow. They just had their first full scale concert?? Daebak and the name is so creative wow the moosical

Gonna check the link now. Thank you for providing sources of my new inner moomoo thirst(?) guys

Anyone know when they're going to release the official audios of the new song(s)? I NEED a legit version of Whee In's solo in my life :/ 

Also.. is Moosical just a thing for Korean fans or are they going to travel around?

Anyone know when they're going to release the official audios of the new song(s)? I NEED a legit version of Whee In's solo in my life :/ 

Also.. is Moosical just a thing for Korean fans or are they going to travel around?

the concert is just gonna be in korea

Listening to the audio right now and :rlytearpls:

Me too!  :cry:  It was so amazing! I wonder if there will be someone trying to stream tonight as well? Also, it starts at 5 pm? kinda anxiously waiting for at least 1 fancam

I'm hoping Lisa will stream it again for us. she's attending both days.

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping Lisa will stream it again for us. she's attending both days.

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

Neat! She's the real MVP. :rlytearpls:  People are guessing they'll probably change a few things tonight and I didn't want to miss it  :derp:

Neat! She's the real MVP. :rlytearpls: People are guessing they'll probably change a few things tonight and I didn't want to miss it :derp:

Yeah me too!! They already said that 'performing the same routine is meaningless' so I pray that there's MoonSun and WheeSa unit and a slightly different set list for today's concert.
  • Like 1

Yeah me too!! They already said that 'performing the same routine is meaningless' so I pray that there's MoonSun and WheeSa unit and a slightly different set list for today's concert.

Omg that would be so amazing  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Ahhhhhh! I was so hyped all work all today! It's absolutely brutal I can't be at Mamamoo's first concert and likely won't see full footage for a long time, but I'm so happy for the girls and the MooMoos who get to attend what will assuredly be an amazing concert.

Look how far they've come 

From "They'll only ever have a niche following" in 2014 to "Fastest girl group to ever hold a solo concert, and it sold over 6300 tickets in seconds"  :dave:

I'll be there in spirit. You MooMoos fortunate enough to get tickets and attend better report back here! The thread has been slow the last couple of weeks, so this may be the injection of excitement we need to get some more Mamamoo discussion going.

On that same note, I didn't see this posted here. Cosmic Girls once again proving their MooMoo status with Dawon deciding to cover You're The Best on Girls Spirit

The theme was hit songs from 2016 (and I guess 2015..)

Look at all those female fans fangirling, haha. I absolutely love the fact Mamamoo is a girl crush girl group 

Words don't come easy fancam.. short but .... *dead*

https://www.facebook.com/mamamoovn/videos/548123498707219/

Chairs, white button ups, shorts.. just kill me why don't you 

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

NEVER LETTING GO!!!!?????

and omg this is goddamn beautiful

201608131954779229_57aefe4441054.jpg

MAJESTIC 

They all look so beautiful in these stills  :cry:

CpvIgJGVYAAa7q1.jpg

CpvIZGxVMAAZCwo.jpg

CpvIZGEVUAA9_Ut.jpg

CpvIgL0VIAAaqE0.jpg

and the live band is so fucking amaaazing. respect! 

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

it's over. the streaming had 11.6K listeners and 4.6K hearts.

SETLIST (compiled by me)

1. Mr.Ambiguous
2. Baton Touch
3. Peppermint Chocolate
4. the outro from Don't Be Happy MV
5. Piano Man
6. Ahh Oop!
7. Hi Hi Ha He Ho
8. Don't Be Happy
9. Love Lane
10. Sting 
-> VCR
11. Moonbyul's solo dance + cover Crush's "Don't Forget"
12. Wheein's solo "Moderato" featuring Hash Swan (SMTM5) [NEW]
13. Solar's solo cover Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You" + Justin Timberlake "Sexy Back"
14. Hwasa's solo cover Rihanna "Stay" + Bon Jovi "You Give Love A Bad Name"
15. 1cm Taller Than You 
16. Girl Crush
17. Pink Panties
18. Girlgroup Hits Dance cover (GF's Rough, AP's NoNoNo, EXID's L.I.E, Sistar's I Like That, Twice's Cheer Up, RV's Dumbx3)
-> VRomance: Kpop Hits Medley 
-> VRomance: SHE (with Mamamoo Medley in the middle of the song)
19. Angel Line - Angel [NEW]
20. Rare Line - DAB DAB [NEW]
21. Words Don't Come Easy
22. Emotion 
23. Funky Boy
24. I Miss You
25. Never Letting Go [NEW]
26. You're The Best
[ENCORE]
27. Um Oh Ah Yeh
28. Love Lane (inst)

they sang 28 songs in total, the concert lasted for about 2.5 hours.

28 songs  :cry: That's amazing 

Once I sang 9 songs at a performance and it was tiring, but 28...wow...

The ring is sold out.

Of course  :derp: the apple of every Moomoo's eye 

28 songs  :cry: That's amazing 

Once I sang 9 songs at a performance and it was tiring, but 28...wow...

#QUEENS

By the way, are you a singer?

What is this?

Another thing stolen by me from the IU thread. My only contributions to my fellow Moomoos.

Mamamoo is in some sort of music concert as "Korean Idols" along with Red Velvet, Winner, Tara, others. I don't know the context so all I can really say is that there will be other Korean idols, Korean singers (aka non-idols, I'm assuming), Chinese singers, and Japanese singers there (as well as the DJ, PD, and MCs). Oh, and that it will be on a Thursday. That's all I got from the Chinese I read, sorry.      

#QUEENS

By the way, are you a singer?

I used to take singing lessons and I'm part of an acapella ensemble, so yes. I used to be part of a choir too, but quit because I didn't really fit in and wasn't too fond of the music :rolleyes:    

I forgot to say it here, but apparently Mamamoo is already set for work schedules this month. Around the end of the month, I think? And September too. I'll post it if I found them.

These girls really like to work, sigh. Was hoping for them to rest for a full month at the very least but I guess I asked too much [emoji53] [emoji53]

TENASIA INTERVIEW “MY NAME IS†- MOONBYUL

tumblr_inline_n8s5qkfAZx1qbzdsu.jpg

My Name is Moonbyul, real name Moon Byul Yi. On the day I was born, my father worried about what he should name me. He looked up at the sky and on that particular night there were so many stars shining that he end up with Byul (T/N: Means “star†in Korean). The intended meaning [of my name] is that I would be a person who sparkles and shines [like the stars].

Born December 22, 1992, I’m in charge of rap and performance in Mamamoo. I also personally created the dance for “Mr. Ambiguousâ€.

When I was young, I saw TVXQ’s “Rising Sun†performance and fell in love. I have a timid personality so I would copy the choreography at home. Speaking of it, that reminds me of the first time I was able to stand in front of an audience. I really liked the feeling of being onstage. From that point on, little by little I would self-study, go on auditions and eventually become a singer.

The strong point of my voice when I rap is my low pitched tone. On top of that, my style of rapping with clear pronunciation makes for good delivery of the lyrics. I enjoy R&B and Hip-Hop and compared to other genres, I also feel confident that I can do well in them.

Hi, Byul-ah? It would be good if you weren’t afraid of challenges. It would be good if you weren’t afraid of change either. Let’s not be afraid of anything. Now is just the start, and things will be more difficult and also more happy later, so don’t crumble. You’re doing what you want to do, so make it a happy ending. Got it, Byul-ah? (T/N: This section is Moonbyul writing a message to herself.)

Source: TenAsia

Translation by mamamoo-trans.com

Please do not take out without proper credit.

---------------------------------------------

TENASIA INTERVIEW “MY NAME IS†- WHEE IN

tumblr_inline_n8s8rt50sZ1qbzdsu.jpg

My Name is Whee In, real name Jung Whee In. The Hanja for my name is written as “Shining Person†to mean that I will be a person who shines. It’s the same meaning as Moonbyul’s name? HoHo. When my aunt was young she liked romance comics. At the time of my birth there was a comic called, “For the Mermaid Princess†and the male main character’s name was Jo Whee In. My mom thought it was a pretty name and attached a good meaning to it [with Hanja].

Born April 17, 1995, hailing from Jeonju, Jeollabukdo. I’m in charge of vocals and performance. When I introduce myself, I say “Whee In†as if I’m whistling. “Hello. I am ‘Whoosh~’ Whee In, who is in charge of vocals and performance in Mamamoo.â€

My mother did Art Photography at the College of Fine Arts. I also have a lot of interest in the arts. I did art myself and listened to a great deal of music. Because of that, I developed a lot of sensitivity and it had an influence in music as well. I found my way to being a singer.

I didn’t think I had a husky voice, but people around me said they thought it was husky. Although I don’t have vocals that jump right out at you, I think I have a voice that melds well with any genre. I enjoy listening to Urban R&B.

Hi, Whee In-ah. I hope you keep the same (more or less) balanced mind and continue working hard, going straight ahead. Don’t be shaken. I hope you will go down your path with conviction. Let’s treat the people around us well.

Source: Tenasia

Translation by mamamoo-trans.com

Please do not take out without proper credit.

I'm gonna do Hwa Sa and Solar's after work tomorrow~

I've been backtracking since yesterday, and found this gem again.

Byulyi's message for herself reminds me of her solo performance and I get so emotional I have to rein on my tears (guess I'm a bit hormonal since it's getting close to my period lol). She has improved a lot and gained more confidence slowly but steadily in every performance (I wonder if the amount of festivals + IS2 + Sugarman also help her to get rid off her insecurity). I hope that she will sing more in the future and everyone knows that she is also a complete package: singer, rapper, and fantastic dancer (and great lyricist as well).

Byul-ah, if you read this, please know that unnie here loves your singing voice :lub: and every part of you (but please keep your greasiness to everyone but me; I just want to live and not end up digging my own grave lmao).

Okay, love letter ends here now :happy:

• Like 4