Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

what is this?

I don't know much about it, but this is from the 51st Seoul National Skills Competition. 

And my two cents on the WGM thing:

I feel like the show could be fun if they just set people up and let them do their thing but that isn't what they do, and that's why it's so awkward. This was the first season I watched any of because I wanted to support Solar, and I made it a few episodes in then stopped bc it was too much, then I watched the one with all four of the girls just bc it's all four of the girls. It's all so obviously manufactured. Then you add in the useless reaction panel and it's clearly just an attempt to somehow touch everybody's fangirl/fanboy heart in one way or another instead of a way to display people whose personalities are worth getting to know. I could also go on a long rant about the show's heteronormativity here as well as the unhealthy relationship standards it tries to promote but I won't

That being said, it's definitely helped the girls become more popular which isn't a bad thing, and I really like Eric. Granted I know almost nothing about male idols, but I would much rather her be paired with Eric than with some others, despite the hate that she's getting because of it. She's strong, she can handle the hate and I'm sure that she's aware it's because she's with "the nation's boyfriend".

tl:dr, I'm not a fan of the concept of the show because it's too manufactured, but it has helped Solar's career and hopefully helped her make friends with a great guy, so I don't wish it hadn't happened, but I'd like it to end asap. 

I found out what WGM when Victoria from f(x) appeared on it & my thoughts about the show are still the same.

Watching WGM is like watching a documentary about ppl who are forced into an arranged marriage. Its wrong & creepy. It could be bearable if it was presented as a fun variety show. But to present it as reality & to force skinship & fake personalities on them? No.

I personally believe that idols who are with large/powerful companies are forced to appear on their there by those in charge because, despite the controversy, it is a popular show.  And idols who are at smaller companies, such as Solar, are forced to appear on it because these large/powerful companies own/control many major radio shows & music shows etc, & if a small company want their stars to appear on them, they have to do deals. (eg: you want Mamamoo to have a Showtime series? Well then one of your girls has to appear on WGM)

I hope Solar (and Eric too as he seems like a nice guy) is having fun & its not just clever editing. But I can't wait for it to be over.

Edited by MooStar
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Not going to fuel the WGM talk fire some more. I agree with everything you all said, y'all took the words right out of my mouth. 

It's great how mature and honest this fandom can be, i'm happy to be a part of it. 

well as a lurker i know what you guys have been doing there in the shipping thread, but i didn't count it in my previous post because i just automatically assumed that it was the only legit place to whine about it :ninja:

I see you lurking boo!

do moomoos hate solar's partner should moomoos be happy paired to a gentleman guy like him and less fanbase in short bashers? or some of here ship eric to other girl? look eric is really take care of solar properly and i believe that they just getting to know each other they just natural lols im soo glad she paired to a bigger fanbase idols its scary tbh if she paired a a-list k-idol lols

BTW they have a radio interview outside of WGM tomorrow no script needed for them lols

SORRY HOPE MY FELLOW MOOMOOS DONT NEG ME I SUPPORT MAMAMOO AND BOTH OF THEM INDIVIDUALY :cry:

NO HARSH PLEASE IM SCARED :cry:

I actually like Eric for Solar tbh.

Well I've been busy elsewhere these days (mainly playing Overwatch), but I feel the need to bring a little bit of a different perspective on the WGM conversation as well as play a little Devil's Advocate. I only feel the need to do this, because I feel like one certain and undeniable positive of the show has yet to be mentioned after all this conversation.

New fans.

It's no different from the reason why I was actually fine with Mamamoo collaborating with GFriend for their much-anticipated Showtime appearance. Thanks to We Got Married, Solar (and Mamamoo by proxy) is reaching an audience that otherwise may have never gotten into Mamamoo.

I can't tell you how many times in youtube comments on popular channels and even my own videos where I've seen people say "I only got into Mamamoo after discovering Solar on WGM. I love them so much!"

If at the end of the day, WGM is having a big impact on increasing Mamamoo's visibility and in turn bringing a wave a new, excited fans into the radish field, then can it really be all that bad? 

Eric is a good dude, through and through. If I had to choose a male celeb for Solar to be paired with, it would probably be him. 

Yes, I take issue with some of the same nuances of the show many of you have discussed, but I'm a glass half full moomoo. 

With Showtime and WGM airing, Mamamoo is gaining a lot of new fans. For the long-term success of the group, that's so important for them, and I'm glad to see and meet more MooMoos and catch them up on what they've been missing out on.

Just my 2 radishes on WGM. All I'll say on the topic.

Moosical is around the corner!

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

WGM - is a good opportunity. The show itself could actually be alot better if they just let them be rather than force skinship, cringy mission, etc.   That would come of more naturally. I actually enjoy the mukbang moments from random clips i saw as Solar seems really happy eating and that is more inline with the two of them.

All this talk about WGM.. I hope MeiTzu gets the gist of our opinion who have mixed feeling over it and understand?

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

long time no post, it's been a busy couple of weeks for me  :rlytearpls: just caught up to the discussion and:

about wgm -- agree that it's a great opportunity. although i do find myself cringing a bit with the scripted parts, it's the few natural moments that really get me smiling. eric and solar are two awesome, kind and funny people and i'm really happy that it got new moomoos into the fandom

left them on their own -- agree, it would've been less awkward or stunted that way, maybe? but korean shows (variety shows, to be exact) are known to be scripted and planned down to a T so it's really up to viewers to separate fantasy and reality...i just hope they can continue w/o all the negative feedback that seems to plague all wgm couples (sighs)

(p.s. segue because i'm a random af radish) random moosical thought: this is really late but this was from mamamoo's vcr in kcon ny.. would a lady marmalade cover be possible? i mean it just screams moulin rouge to me  :ahmagah:

Edited by nutellapancakes

(p.s. segue because i'm a random af radish) random moosical thought: this is really late but this was from mamamoo's vcr in kcon ny.. would a lady marmalade cover be possible? i mean it just screams moulin rouge to me  :ahmagah:

I would sell my soul just to see that live. I have been thinking what things I would love to see Mamamoo do in their concert, and cover of moosicals are on the top of my list.

• Like 1

I would sell my soul just to see that live. I have been thinking what things I would love to see Mamamoo do in their concert, and cover of moosicals are on the top of my list.

me too  :rlytearpls: i just also recently watched dreamgirls and chicago and got so much mmmoo feels from it too (i have been meaning to watch them for a while now, but i can't deny that i caught up because of the moosical pun haha)

I'm already looking for contacts in Korea to sell my soul to, so I can see this Moosical somehow.

I really, really, really hope there's a live stream  :rlytearpls:

• Like 1

I hope RBW release a DVD of Moosical..

• Like 3

i think i'd cry and feel blessed for the rest of my life  :cry:  i was thinking about moosical today, actually and it came to me that i will not be able to deal if we have a 'words don't come easy' live performance. 

SO MUCH YES

0855777E-1762-43EE-BAAE-13D553A04F95_zps

me too  :rlytearpls: i just also recently watched dreamgirls and chicago and got so much mmmoo feels from it too (i have been meaning to watch them for a while now, but i can't deny that i caught up because of the moosical pun haha)

You make me imagine moosical cover + l (RBW is pretty clever with that moosical :hurr: ). Start with rent Seasons of Love, Something from Hairspray or Cats, lady marmalade, then end with Dreamgirls (I want them to really cover Dreamgirls -  ) - Moonsun take me or leave me lol  - why did it suddenly pop up on my head.

RBW Moosical DVD Please.

i think i'd cry and feel blessed for the rest of my life  :cry:  i was thinking about moosical today, actually and it came to me that i will not be able to deal if we have a 'words don't come easy' live performance. 

LEt me add that to the list of things I want to see in the Moosical.

Edited by kaichi
  • Like 1

You make me imagine moosical cover + l (RBW is pretty clever with that moosical :hurr: ). Start with rent Seasons of Love, Something from Hairspray or Cats, lady marmalade, then end with Dreamgirls (I want them to really cover Dreamgirls -  ) - Moonsun take me or leave me lol  - why did it suddenly pop up on my head.

RBW Moosical DVD Please.

LEt me add that to the list of things I want to see in the Moosical.

these references  :ahmagah:

what would your dream setlist be like? 

Yes so much. I never buy Kpop goods because I really can't afford it. The only physical things I own are a small collection of concert DVDs. I find concerts so special, the number one thing I value is the ability to put on a damn good performance. And I'm already sure Moosical will beat every Kpop concert I've seen so far in that sense because they're such unique and competent performers. 

If they release Moosical as a DVD I will be absolutely over the moon.

• Like 1

Now I'm imagining Hwasa singing All That Jazz ///dead. Chicago is one of my favourite musicals!

Speaking of set list, I know we see a lot of Piano Man performance.. But I really, really want to hear the piano version! And Gentleman too [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

I have no doubt they will perform their IS2 perf other than Flying Into The Deep Night (Passion Flower? Delilah? Wonderful Confession? Or the underrated Way To Sampo?)

For dance cover.. Can we have another hip-hop WheeByul, complete with all black outfit? *dead*

I also wonder if RBW fam is going to take part in moosical.. We have talented bunch in the company, after all [emoji7] [emoji7]

Now I'm imagining Hwasa singing All That Jazz ///dead. Chicago is one of my favourite musicals!

That would be lit.

oh my god  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :ahmagah:

I kinda agree with your guys opinion about WGM, BUT I have my opinion too.

This couple is far from the ideal couple. They look good together, Eric is a nice guy, Solar is a good girl, but seems like they are not enjoing the experience. I know everything is scripted, but to be there you must have an open mind and a bit of acting skills, or things will start getting weird. They are a weird couple. No chemistry, no skinship, they don't want try something really new. It's not Solar or Eric's fault. It's just that they don't want to be there. Watch them is tiring sometimes.

I take for a good example Seho and Cao Lu. They are totally opposite, but their work as a couple, cuz they left aside what people think about them and just enjoy recording together. Making the thing look real is part of the show. You have to make people believe in the couple. Jota and Jin Kyung are doing the same. Joy and Sungjae did the same.

The last couple I saw in the show I didn't liked was Song Jae Rim and Kim So Eun. In the beggining that was so good and funny, it was a cat and rat game, but because of the Soeun dating scandal, she completely changed, and that screwed their engagement in the program. (this part have nothing to do with Solar and Eric, I just hated that couple)

Henry and Yewon would be sooooooo good to watch, but knetizens f*cked up everything! Again.

Edited by Master Of Species
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

@LilDiaphena - Setlist? This will  what i come up.

How many song are usually in a concert?

I want them to start with

YTB + 1cm - Mamamoo really got hype up with 1cm and YTB opening is just COmmon hey MOOMOO'S!!!!!
Freakin Shoes 

Girl Crush

Something slower - Emotion or Self Camera 

Wheebyul Hiphop dance break

Solar/Hwasa Solo

Hwasa all that jazz (Turn the clocks- thank you),Seasons of Love or We can't stop the beat,Lady Marmalade,end with Dreamgirls(Basically Moosical Medley) 

Ahh Oop / Wait a minute

Backwoods or Love story of a girl

end with Um Oh Ah Yeah + Mr. Ambigious + Piano Man (I think Piano man bow is the best ending)

Encore: Never letting go(full version with Wheein part) or a hint song for the new album.

I tried to keep this grounded - I'm still delulu XD I want Hwasa or Mamamoo cover of Empire State of Mind somewhere after hearing the adlib from Kcon NY.

Whatever ended up in real set list I'm pretty sure it will be lit. :3

Moosical fever.

Edited by kaichi