Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Lol i didn't realize Hwasa looked like a bulbasaur! :lol:

As for Showtime, i love the show so far! I don't really follow gfriend but i fell in love with them through this show! SinB is amazing lol. I was kind of felt conflicted about Mamamoo sharing the show with gfriend who had One Fine Day already but it is what it is and I'm just happy Mamamoo is being recognized as popular enough to be on a show like Showtime. As for the Mamamoo, I noticed they don't have much screentime as gfriend but i don't really mind that much. The girls are hilarious as always and i loved their footage in the car just them being them. Yall know they're relaxed af if Hwasa is putting her feet up on camera lol. I also love their interactions too. Also it was a nice surprise to see Showtime lowkey shipping Moonsun lol

Edited by baechulgi

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the help and opinions!

Aaah I see! And yes! she did really good. Yongsun is so pretty in those performances, I watched some already and her hair is so cute like that too.

Yeah, I also thought about the lips (not judging, I think her lips [and everything about her] are cute as well), I just feel that, at that little moment we see her face-when she flips her hair, the factions are quite similar.

Haha, ook, well thank you for the hard work- I'm trusting you on this! ^^

Welcome to the thread! Feel free to post as much as you want man, we're always happy to meet new radishes ^^

That first part around 1:40 is when she joined Geeks on Music Bank while they were promoting their song Wash Away:

Ailee was actually the feature in the song but Solar took her spot for this performance (and the next one) and slayed, as expected. 

The second one, I think that is Moonbyul bc I'm almost positive I've seen pre-debut stuff of her with that hair color, and when the girl flips up I can kinda see her mouth (my favorite part of Moonbyul's body don't judge) and it looks like hers. The comments are saying that's not her though, you're right about that, so lemme do some more research on this and get back to you lol 

Also adding this: you're right that the shorts don't seem like something she would wear a lot (many of the videos I've seen of her dancing like this from predebut and even after debut she's wearing jeans) but it could have just been an exception idk

Okay so I found another version of this video but only labeled as Solar and Wheein and some of the comments on this one are saying the girl next to Solar is Moonbyul? Argh why does her hair have to be covering her face so much

I am on the SBS website, lemme try to find the episode/video they posted and see if they say anything about that being Byul or not

Edit again: I found the video people are claiming it's from on the SBS website, they wanted me to pay to watch it but they also posted it on their youtube channel in like ten parts so I'm watching those rn and I'll let you know if I come up with anything lol

I answered to the first part of your comment without quoting you, heh sorry. Well here it is again:

Aaah I see! And yes! she did really good. Yongsun is so pretty in those performances, I watched some already and her hair is so cute like that too.

Yeah, I also thought about the lips (not judging, I think her lips [and everything about her] are cute as well), I just feel that, at that little moment we see her face-when she flips her hair, the factions are quite similar.

EDIT: Responding to your edit- Alright! Thank you again, I'm kinda excited to know now lol 

I answered to the first part of your comment without quoting you, heh sorry. Well here it is again:

EDIT: Responding to your edit- Alright! Thank you again, I'm kinda excited to know now lol 

She really is pretty ^^ she always is

That's what I'm thinking, she looks similar enough to Moonbyul that I wouldn't be surprised if it was her, but at the same time if people are saying it isn't then it's something to look into...

Here is the original video segment on the official SBS Youtube channel, Mamamoo is at around 4 minutes:

This originally aired on July 11, 2012, aka almost two full years predebut. That means a couple of things: first, we shouldn't really be looking at this girl's weight to judge because you can lose a lot of weight in two years, and second, they didn't really have a reason to say "so these are girls from RBW's new group and their names are..." because they weren't really relevant yet. 

Disclaimer though, even though I know enough Korean to be able to read those comments, I'm not near fluent so I can't understand everything they're saying. However, from what I can tell, and anybody can correct me if I'm wrong, they're comparing what stars who had already debuted went through while they were training to what current trainees go through. I'm pretty sure the caption (if that's what it's called idk) on the screen is something along the lines of "even now, it is hard to become a star". Idk if that helps anything, though. 

And no problem man, when stuff like this comes up I'm always too curious to just let it go lol

Edited by kpopsnake
  • Like 1

She really is pretty ^^ she always is

That's what I'm thinking, she looks similar enough to Moonbyul that I wouldn't be surprised if it was her, but at the same time if people are saying it isn't then it's something to look into...

Here is the original video segment on the official SBS Youtube channel, Mamamoo is at around 4 minutes:

This originally aired on July 11, 2012, aka almost two full years predebut. That means a couple of things: first, we shouldn't really be looking at this girl's weight to judge because you can lose a lot of weight in two years, and second, they didn't really have a reason to say "so these are girls from RBW's new group and their names are..." because they weren't really relevant yet. 

Disclaimer though, even though I know enough Korean to be able to read those comments, I'm not near fluent so I can't understand everything they're saying. However, from what I can tell, and anybody can correct me if I'm wrong, they're comparing what stars who had already debuted went through while they were training to what current trainees go through. I'm pretty sure the caption (if that's what it's called idk) on the screen is something along the lines of "even now, it is hard to become a star". Idk if that helps anything, though. 

And no problem man, when stuff like this comes up I'm always too curious to just let it go lol

wow, two full years pre debut... my babies :') idk why i'm feeling emotional, just think about how hard they've worked.

You really went full detective, thank you for your help, I'm glad I brought this here hehe. 

Well, at the end it doesn't matter who that girl is, if it's moonbyul then "wow! she looks so pretty!" if it's not then "i hope she's doing good nowadays!" (however, i think that other bg was the one that disbanded, the one rbw was training... so i feel they were showing their two groups: s4[?] and mamamoo- maybe thats rly byul).

I'm thinking tho, I didn't know wheein could play the piano... well she probably doesn't know much, and she was just showing off to the camera lol, but i find that so attractive, she playing the piano I mean. And also, can we talk about how yongsun kinda sucked at dancing? haha, well she wasn't BAD she just... well the other girl was better. But we know that yongsun isn't the strongest of dancers as of now, I suppose back then she wasn't any better either lol Aaah they're so cute, my mamamoos. 

Edited by my moos

wow, two full years pre debut... my babies :') idk why i'm feeling emotional, just think about how hard they've worked.

You really went full detective, thank you for your help, I'm glad I brought this here hehe. 

Well, at the end it doesn't matter who that girl is, if it's moonbyul then "wow! she looks so pretty!" if it's not then "i hope she's doing good nowadays!" (however, i think that other bg was the one that disbanded, the one rbw was training... so i feel they were showing their two groups: s4[?] and mamamoo- maybe thats rly byul).

I'm thinking tho, I didn't know wheein could play the piano... well she probably doesn't know much, and she was just showing off to the camera lol, but i find that so attractive, she playing the piano I mean. And also, can we talk about how yongsun kinda sucked at dancing? haha, well she wasn't BAD she just... well the other girl was better. But we know that yongsun isn't the strongest of dancers as of now, I suppose back then she wasn't any better either lol Aaah they're so cute, my mamamoos. 

Yeah I tend to do that lol, I like to think of it as a good side to my tendency to obsess over anything and everything xD

They definitely have worked hard. 

I was thinking the same thing, that I don't know who else that would be other than Byul. I doubt any of the POP members (the girl group they're training rn) would have been practicing dance with Solar four years ago lol and the only other girl who would have been around is like eSNa, and that's not her. So I think that it's a safe bet to say it's Byul. 

Wheein playing the piano is super attractive, but when is Wheein not tbh ^^ she's always adorable, as they all are.

Yeah I tend to do that lol, I like to think of it as a good side to my tendency to obsess over anything and everything xD

I was thinking the same thing, that I don't know who else that would be other than Byul. I doubt any of the POP members (the girl group they're training rn) would have been practicing dance with Solar four years ago lol and the only other girl who would have been around is like eSNa, and that's not her. So I think that it's a safe bet to say it's Byul. 

Wheein playing the piano is super attractive, but when is Wheein not tbh ^^ she's always adorable, as they all are.

Welcome my moos into the farm :)

I'm going to butt in  in this interesting conversation; I think i heard in an interview that they are about 12 of them back then i dont how many was two years before debut. As what i got from the interview was at the beginning there are about 12 divided into 2 groups with i think 6 each in where all of MAMAMOO happens to be in one group and they did they're choreo and concept for evaluation eventually at the end when they announced they are going to form a group it was eventually only 4 who was left out of the 12 and that is the four people we now love and know as MAMAMOO.

Edit: found the interview : http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/post/98844309423/interview-140912-mamamoo-dc-inside-interview-%E2%91%A0

so they have like a survival esque competition and all mamamoo are team A.

Edited by kaichi

Dropping by for opinion:

I think the person in the video is Moonbyul. She had said that she's kinda big predebut (which was also the reason why she got dropped by her former agency). In V-app, she talked about how fans found out about her predebut picture and she had shared her dieting secret (forgot which one, but I think one of the earlier YKBK v-apps). There's also an Instiz post about her look predebut and how she had lost weight  (cant find the original instiz post but here's the 'translated' one: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/09/mamamoos-moonbyul-shocks-fans-with.html

MOONBYUL%2BBEFORE%2BAFTER.jpg

• Like 1

Lol i didn't realize Hwasa looked like a bulbasaur! :lol:

As for Showtime, i love the show so far! I don't really follow gfriend but i fell in love with them through this show! SinB is amazing lol. I was kind of felt conflicted about Mamamoo sharing the show with gfriend who had One Fine Day already but it is what it is and I'm just happy Mamamoo is being recognized as popular enough to be on a show like Showtime. As for the Mamamoo, I noticed they don't have much screentime as gfriend but i don't really mind that much. The girls are hilarious as always and i loved their footage in the car just them being them. Yall know they're relaxed af if Hwasa is putting her feet up on camera lol. I also love their interactions too. Also it was a nice surprise to see Showtime lowkey shipping Moonsun lol

Sinb is variety gold. I love her bluntness. Her and wheein and hwasa interactions please Edited by Kayden411

:shock:

We're all familiar with Solar being a distant relative of Squirtle, but I can't believe I never noticed the other three comparisons, especially Hwasa and Bulbasaur!

It's been pretty slow in the Mamamoo thread recently, even though they've achieved the awesome feat of being recognized as the trend girl group (with GFriend) and have been invited to Showtime.

So I'll ask any MooMoos who want to get a little conversation going:

What does everyone think of Showtime two episodes in? I think even we will see some extreme sides of Mamamoo we've never seen before, and I've loved their minimal interactions with GFriend so far.

I really do think this will bring the groups and fandoms extremely close Invincible Youth style, especially Moonbyul and Umji  :happy:

Mamamoo are the mood makers of the K-Pop world for sure~

I love that Mamamoo is just acting like their natural, goofy selves, just like on MMMTV (I love how the second episode showed Gfriend running around but Mamamoo was just chilling in their car the entire time). I expected them to be less crazy and maybe more conscientious in the first one to two episodes (because nerves), but they don't seem to care, lol (as expected, Angel line was their normal crazy selves-especially Wheein). I love hearing them sing and act dorky so that was a plus. Gfriend was funnier than I expected tbh, I've never seen them on a variety show (besides their 2x fast dancing) but it was a pleasant surprise.

I didn't like the heart rate mission in the first episode; it was too cringeworthy for me. I like it better when I can see the groups just having fun naturally. I hope they do activities together in future episodes so they can get closer.   

• Like 1

Sinb is variety gold. I love her bluntness. Her and wheein and hwasa interactions please

Her deadpan humour is the best. Her 'I'm so done' face reminds me of Hwasa :P.

Oh, so POP is for real? I thought it was only a rumor, and I thought people found out it was going to be a soloist instead of a group. Anyway, I'm with you in that, I doubt it was them.

Welcome my moos into the farm :)

I'm going to butt in  in this interesting conversation; I think i heard in an interview that they are about 12 of them back then i dont how many was two years before debut. As what i got from the interview was at the beginning there are about 12 divided into 2 groups with i think 6 each in where all of MAMAMOO happens to be in one group and they did they're choreo and concept for evaluation eventually at the end when they announced they are going to form a group it was eventually only 4 who was left out of the 12 and that is the four people we now love and know as MAMAMOO.

Edit: found the interview : http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/post/98844309423/interview-140912-mamamoo-dc-inside-interview-%E2%91%A0

so they have like a survival esque competition and all mamamoo are team A.

Hi! Thank you for the welcome~ (:

Oh I see, so they were all in group A but with some more girls. That could be the truth, Yongsun actually not with byul but just practicing with another girl. It could also be that by the point of that video, it was only the four of them by then... who knows.

Dropping by for opinion:

I think the person in the video is Moonbyul. She had said that she's kinda big predebut (which was also the reason why she got dropped by her former agency). In V-app, she talked about how fans found out about her predebut picture and she had shared her dieting secret (forgot which one, but I think one of the earlier YKBK v-apps). There's also an Instiz post about her look predebut and how she had lost weight  (cant find the original instiz post but here's the 'translated' one: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/09/mamamoos-moonbyul-shocks-fans-with.html

MOONBYUL%2BBEFORE%2BAFTER.jpg

Tbh I'm with you, I do think the girl in the video is byul. Byul in those days she was losing weight... I hope we can have the truth some day haha.

A new doubt rose in me tho: do you know if byul did trained under SM at some point? some people say it was sm that dropped her bc of her weight, and some others say that she TRIED to get into sm but didn't, and it was actually another company that dropped her. I feel that she did got into sm, because I remember I once read that wheein was a trainee at sm and that byul and her knew each other from before since they trained together under the same company. So probably that company was sm?

Edited by my moos

A new doubt rose in me tho: do you know if byul did trained under SM at some point? some people say it was sm that dropped her bc of her weight, and some others say that she TRIED to get into sm but didn't, and it was actually another company that dropped her. I feel that she did got into sm, because I remember I once read that wheein was a trainee at sm and that byul and her knew each other from before since they trained together under the same company. So probably that company was sm?

According to this interview Byul was never a trainee at SM, she only attended SM Academy. And I honestly haven't read a single thing about Wheein training under SM either, (I know she was a CCM trainee but that's about it) so it's probably a different company.

Welcome to the thread, btw!

New here ^^! Mamamoo is one of my favourites GG. They're all so beautiful and talented, I'm so happy I discovered them.

My bias is Hwasa, she's just stunning â™¡

• Like 5

:shock:

We're all familiar with Solar being a distant relative of Squirtle, but I can't believe I never noticed the other three comparisons, especially Hwasa and Bulbasaur!

It's been pretty slow in the Mamamoo thread recently, even though they've achieved the awesome feat of being recognized as the trend girl group (with GFriend) and have been invited to Showtime.

So I'll ask any MooMoos who want to get a little conversation going:

What does everyone think of Showtime two episodes in? I think even we will see some extreme sides of Mamamoo we've never seen before, and I've loved their minimal interactions with GFriend so far.

I really do think this will bring the groups and fandoms extremely close Invincible Youth style, especially Moonbyul and Umji  :happy:

Mamamoo are the mood makers of the K-Pop world for sure~

I'm enjoying watching Showtime, both Mamamoo and Gfriend's cuts. I do feel that the airtime is short but it's probably because I want to watch them more. I like that so far they're given some freedom to achieve the mission in their own way. I think Gfriend has to limit themselves more than Mamamoo because of their cute and innocent image but also because their more on the shy side when on camera. 

As for Mamamoo x Gfriend's interactions, from what I saw both are shy but mostly Gfriend. I watched their V App together and I liked how Mamamoo kept the conversation going and not just focused on one member, they tried to get the other Gfriend members to talk also. Mamamoo are definitely moodmakers, I like it when I watched Gfriend laugh a lot during their interaction in episode 2. I think that when they do have more interactions together in the later episodes (as the pd explained during the presscon), they can get closer. Also, I could tell that Mamamoo and Gfriend are doing their best!

One thing I really loved about watching Showtime (even thought its only 2 episodes so far) is the genuine chemistry between the Mamamoo members, they play really well together and one can see how they are comfortable with each other. From the warm up dancing in episode 1 to bouncing off ideas as they came up with a slogan with Gfriend to keeping themselves entertained while in the car in episode 2.  

I think I already wrote a lot so I'll stop here.

• Like 1

According to this interview Byul was never a trainee at SM, she only attended SM Academy. And I honestly haven't read a single thing about Wheein training under SM either, (I know she was a CCM trainee but that's about it) so it's probably a different company.

Welcome to the thread, btw!

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Ooh, I see. Yeah, I probably remember wrong then. Thank you for answering my doubt as well. Really,.. I'm gonna learn a lot about mamamoo here, hehe. 

Edited by my moos

I'm enjoying watching Showtime, both Mamamoo and Gfriend's cuts. I do feel that the airtime is short but it's probably because I want to watch them more. I like that so far they're given some freedom to achieve the mission in their own way. I think Gfriend has to limit themselves more than Mamamoo because of their cute and innocent image but also because their more on the shy side when on camera. 

As for Mamamoo x Gfriend's interactions, from what I saw both are shy but mostly Gfriend. I watched their V App together and I liked how Mamamoo kept the conversation going and not just focused on one member, they tried to get the other Gfriend members to talk also. Mamamoo are definitely moodmakers, I like it when I watched Gfriend laugh a lot during their interaction in episode 2. I think that when they do have more interactions together in the later episodes (as the pd explained during the presscon), they can get closer. Also, I could tell that Mamamoo and Gfriend are doing their best!

One thing I really loved about watching Showtime (even thought its only 2 episodes so far) is the genuine chemistry between the Mamamoo members, they play really well together and one can see how they are comfortable with each other. From the warm up dancing in episode 1 to bouncing off ideas as they came up with a slogan with Gfriend to keeping themselves entertained while in the car in episode 2.  

I think I already wrote a lot so I'll stop here.

I think that we didn't saw a lot of Mamamoo in the second episode because we're going to see a lot of them in the third. The clothes they are wearing are when they were leaving for KCon NY ! 

So third episode: lot of Mamamoo in the us o/

Her deadpan humour is the best. Her 'I'm so done' face reminds me of Hwasa :P.

I'm praying for a simultaneous "done with these unnies" look. I feel the hwasa x sinb x umji maknae team could deliver this.