Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I know there was a movement with a twitter account to boycott RBW back in October/November when Mamamoo got in a car accident and they didn't get a lot of time to recover before they were performing again, so it could be from that?

Edit: Ah, I saw the account and it looks like they are talking about the CD and photobook now. I wouldn't pay them too much mind, honestly. Nothing happened when they started this the first time lol.

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

Edited by spiceworld

No problem!

But the more I read about it the messier it gets. It sounds like some fans got photobooks with torn and folded pages and some copies are missing the poster. :( I am a little disappointed now honestly..

On the bright side the pictures I've seen from the photobook look really nice!

• Like 1

but now when you see all those defect products moomoos received, wouldn't you want them to do something to make RBW take action?

"I wouldn't pay them too much mind, honestly. Nothing happened when they started this the first time lol."

this is some kind of indifference I get from you....

Yes, of course I want RBW to take action now. I wrote that before I saw the extent of what was happening. I thought it was people complaining about not getting a DVD still, which was my mistake.

Edited by spiceworld

btw, I stumbled upon this "old" clip from 2015 .. does anyone know who the guy with Moonbyul is? (or does anyone know korean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD42rDA3a3Y

I think he might be a staff member from their Googims shoot? On the Googims Instagram there's a lot of behind the scenes pictures with him in the background with the staff and there's one where he's adjusting Hwasa's hat. Idk for sure though!

I think Hwasa has two older sisters and Wheein is an only child :)

Edit: actually I've seen Hwasa listed as having two older sisters or one younger sister... what is the truth...

Edited by spiceworld
  • Like 2

Wait seriously? Because I saw someone contact RBW and they said group orders aren't allowed...

I think what was meant in that case is that one account can't order multiple memberships. Like several people from one area can't use the same account to order multiple memberships and then split that shipping cost. In this case, you're buying your membership with your own account and shipping it to someone's Korean address and then will have it shipped to you. That's at least how I understand it, I may be wrong though.

Honestly this whole thing has just made me incredibly tired and done with the kpop community. I'm only here for Mamamoo anymore. At least we can rest easy about their position in Korea, where things really matter. It's not like these people trying to spread misinformation about them bought albums or streamed or anything in the first place.

Anyway, I have some questions about leveling up. How exactly does it work? I bought the fanclub membership, so do I level up from 1 to 2, and then 2 to 3? Or what happens?

Edited by spiceworld
  • Like 2

You can actually see P.O.P. performing here if you're curious.

http://www.vlive.tv/video/14927

They perform at like 0:18 and around 48:00. It looks like they're going to be more of the usual, cutesy girl group and that they're trying to appeal to a completely different demographic then with Mamamoo or Vromance. It'll be interesting to see how RBW handles a more typical idol group.

Edited by spiceworld
  • Like 4

Ummm...so guys, I found this tweet/Twitter thread directed at @RBW_MAMAMOO, it's in Korean so I don't know if I get it right, but from Google translate, it seems there was a strain in the fancafe between Moomoo(s) regarding commenting things and the Twitter OP want MAMAMOO or RBW to straighten them up? Can anyone who understand Korean confirm this? And if my interpretation was somewhat right, should we be worried for the girls' image because of this?

Seconding this, if anyone knows wtf is happening.

I'm seeing something spread to other accounts and outside of moomoos, though, and people are asking for feedback from the company. I'm really confused by this whole situation. Does anyone know what Moonbyul's memo that keeps getting reposted says?

^ it's not between k-moomoos and Moonbyul, but k-moomoos and someone who's not a fan. I've been on edge about it too, but k-moomoos say that they're handling it and not to worry, so I think we just need to trust them for the time being.

Hi everyone~

first time user here!

I've been following this thread for a long time and with Mamamoo coming back in June, I just wanted to make an account here lol

I've been a Mamamoo fan since 2014 (piano man era) and i still love them so much ilikeitplz.png L OL anyways...can't wait to talk with y'all more smile.png

Welcome!

Edited by spiceworld
  • Like 6

I think "hex" is just what all online color codes are called, actually. It's not just that shade of purple.

Which is unfortunate because your idea of a Bewitched summer bop sounds amazing :)

Edited by spiceworld
  • Like 1

Well, I for one can't wait for all our theories to be entirely wrong! :lol:

LMAO this is the truth. Throwback to the Alice in Wonderland concept.

I think wheebangu on twitter said that they would try and do an audio stream!

• Like 1

I don't get the issue with Wheein's shirt. It's an anti-racism shirt, what's wrong with that?

I would also like to point out that this isn't the first time a Mamamoo member wore something like that. Solar and Moonbyul wore a "say No To Racism" hat on different occasions before their scandal.

C5H3ByqWEAAFalq.jpg

C5H3Cf6WIAAO_C1.jpg

So anyone who says this is MAMAMOO pretending is care is oviously a load of crap. Whether they know what the clothes stand for or not is another story but they are definitely not pretending to care.

HUGE THANKS TO THE MAMAMOOTRANS TEAM!!!! This is only the second fandom that I've been in but subbed fancams of their fansigns are such a treat. MMMTrans team makes it so easy for new moomoos to catch up on past MAMAMOO stuff.

Moonbyul had also worn a shirt that has the same picture on it that Wheein has on the back. I think they know what it means, it's pretty hard to miss it with the picture. I think it just shows that the scandal was out of ignorance, not malice.

• Like 2

does anyone know the IDOT airing schedule? is there a new episode every other day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's aired Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Okay, first, I'm not sure if I should share this since the topic has been beat to death, but I thought it's a good video. MAMAMOO was implicitly mentioned in an Asian Boss discussion regarding blackface in Korea. They didn't mentioned them right off the bat, but they attached their VCR pic, and also mentioned the racist blackface skit done by SBS long after MAMAMOO's. The people and the interviewer who discussed this were really level headed and open-minded towards their case, because they see the difference between what MAMAMOO did and what the racist skit implied.

It's quite thought provoking imo, here's the video if anyone's interested. MAMAMOO's case was briefly mentioned on 16:16 mark.

This was a good video, thank you for sharing it!

• Like 1

That instagram video is so cute. I didn't know much about Somi before, but I'm starting to really like her. I'm happy her and Byul seem to have gotten pretty close. :)

I think it looks pretty! I'm excited, Wheein's collabs always deliver :)

Don't be too worried, Mamamoo have a huge fan base and the general public loves their music. Let's just make sure to support the girls as much as we can :)

That being said I am kind of annoyed, honestly. Like the 23rd was just too far away? On the bright side, it will be fun to watch them promote at the same time, MMM love taking rookie girl groups under their wings.

Edited by spiceworld

I bought one and I haven't received an e-mail. I don't think she's sent them out yet, she just said that she would be doing it soon.