• President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hi guys.

I've been a long time lurker on this thread & thought it was about time I said thank you to those who translate/make English subs. Your hard work is greatly appreciated :)

graphics-thank-you-341366.gif

Edited by MooStar
  • Like 2

I found out what WGM when Victoria from f(x) appeared on it & my thoughts about the show are still the same.

Watching WGM is like watching a documentary about ppl who are forced into an arranged marriage. Its wrong & creepy. It could be bearable if it was presented as a fun variety show. But to present it as reality & to force skinship & fake personalities on them? No.

I personally believe that idols who are with large/powerful companies are forced to appear on their there by those in charge because, despite the controversy, it is a popular show.  And idols who are at smaller companies, such as Solar, are forced to appear on it because these large/powerful companies own/control many major radio shows & music shows etc, & if a small company want their stars to appear on them, they have to do deals. (eg: you want Mamamoo to have a Showtime series? Well then one of your girls has to appear on WGM)

I hope Solar (and Eric too as he seems like a nice guy) is having fun & its not just clever editing. But I can't wait for it to be over.

Edited by MooStar
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hi guys. Does anyone have a link to an eng sub version of this video 

Check on mamamoo-trans.com, on the top right corner there's the video index list. You should be able to find it there :)

I have that list saved so I'll have a proper look through it. Thank you

I know that everyone in this forum want the group to do well and be as successful as possible, because they have the talent and they deserve it. But my biggest fear is that 'Mamamoo' abandon their identity to try to achieve mass popularity, you know? I think the retro sound of their songs was something very original for a k-pop group, and something you immediately identify with 'Mamamoo' . I don't know if I explain myself very well... That doesn't mean they can't do something popular AND great at the same time, of course not! I'm just saying that I hope they maintain their originality and all that differentiate them from the rest. That was the reason I started listening to their music.

So I wanted to ask you guys a question: what do you prefer? A song that is a commercial success no matter if you don't like it, or a song that is not so popular but  you like A LOT. 

Because I would take the second option anytime. 

Cheers, bye!

pd: i didn't mean to offend anyone.

I think a groups success isn't always reflected in music charts. Lets not forget that they've had solo concerts already. Other groups who've had huge chart success haven't even had that, and many have been around a lot longer than Mamamoo.

They're a young group, but their management give them a lot of freedom when it comes to musical direction and style. And I think that is one reason why they wouldn't go full on with a mainstream sound as a group. It just isn't their way.

The other reason I've already mentioned; the success of their solo shows. Add to that the popular reality shows etc, and you can see that there is no pressure for them to become more mainstream/fully mainstream.

If they keep on writing and making music that I enjoy, music they enjoy making and performing, then I have no problem with which direction they take. 

quite off the topic right now but the stage was wet due to the rain today, Wheein and Solar almost slipped and fell.

:cry:  :cry:

I hate it when groups are made to perform in the rain. And I hate it even more when members slip/fall but carry on, and then people say its professional. Its not professional! Its a goddamn health hazard  :twitch:

Wheein on vlive: since the comeback is in the winter, the overall atmosphere matches the season

Me after seeing new teaser image: Is winter now bondage season?

• Like 4

They look great

tumblr_ofx62m8RqQ1u6tgdko1_540.gif

But I do hope Byul & Hwasa wear those suits in the vid too

• Like 4

THEY REUPLOADED THE MV!!! HONESTLY SO PROUD OF THEM FOR TAKING ACTION!!!!! GO WATCH IT!!

i'm sooo  :rlytearpls:

I'm glad they took action.....but part of me wants them to just remove the whole slow/kisses section because I don't think the video needs it. It spoils the flow of the song too, and the song is great

Incoming YamaRant.

Not that it's even been a problem in this thread (I think I talked about it more than anyone else), but let's not get too focused on how the song is charting. It's a really bad habit in K-Pop to obsess over it, as if it validates the quality of the music, and I have to check myself sometimes from being swept up in that tide. 

It's not like any of us are here because of Mamamoo's charting. We're here for the fantastic music, hard work and passion they put into the production of said music and their endless charms on and off-stage. 

And we have positives to look at with the comeback, regardless of how the public received it. Clearly our fandom is surging in number. When I saw Memory was mostly songs we've all heard, I honestly thought the mini-album wouldn't sell as well as Melting (if not just for being a mini), but it's honestly kicked Melting's butt for their respective first week of sales.

But what made me feel way better than any number was to hear the loud fanchants and strong support Mamamoo has received during every performance. The Radish Farm is representing better than ever, and if Mamamoo themselves are disappointed with the charting, I'm sure the deafeningly loud sea of radishes makes them feel a lot better. 

After all, Moonbyul personally expressed her gratitude for the support in one of their recent diaries and the rest of the girls agreed. 

I hope we can reward their efforts with a music shown win at least  :smile:

Many fandoms rely so much on the charts that, imo, some MooMoos believe they have to do the same. They don't. Because from the very beginning Mamamoo has done things differently. Of course they want their songs to do well, but they don't focus on the charts. They act like themselves, they make the music they want, have the concepts they want; and they have fun while they're doing it. RBW has given them that freedom, they told the girls to enjoy making music and not to give intense focus to the charts. Which is great advice. It takes away a huge amount of pressure which other groups have to suffer. 

:har: watching their reaction vid made me imagine what it will be like to have Solar as a mum even though we're the same age . I can imagine her going through my report card or homework with that look on her face :cry:

It looked like they all wanted to point out things that they didn't like, but didn't want to do it on camera, lol

Twice have star power as much as SNSD in oh! era. They are young, fresh and appeal general public. Literally you will find them (Song, photos, cf, etc) whenever  you go in Seoul

Applause for RBW who always try to test the limit of their artist. Mamamoo always comeback mostly with strong contender. Somehow they have successfully steal some spot against "Big names/Senior. I assume this comeback might be not like what people expected them to be. But honestly, I think blackpink, red velvet, gfriend, IOI, or any other girl group can't win against Twice right now. Maybe the only group who can give Twice competition is EXO (with full members). 

For me, Decalcomanie is much better than YTB. imo...

I like Twice, but I don't think they have such a huge star power compared to other groups. JYP is a massive company compared to RBW . therefore they can afford to make sure images, videos and songs of Twice appear everywhere and on everything. Clever marketing doesn't equal star power. 

Edited by MooStar

But they're on the track to become one.... Then again I feel good on decalcomanie isn't in the right mood because of presidential scandal.

True. Which is good because they have some great songs.

I also think the original edit of the Decalcomanie video hasn't helped, as many people found Solar's scene uncomfortable/offensive. Which it was, and they were right to edit it. Its just a shame that someone thought it was a good idea. Watching the video started like  :ahmagah: and then it became  :omg:  Some are still stuck here, :soul:  :omg:  when we should all be here :ahmagah:  and here :smile:  and here  :lub:  

• Like 1

the more I listen to decalcomania (nicknamed it DeCom) the more I enjoy it

I always feel like MVs with breaks in it kinda ruin the flow of a song on first listen but the more I listen to it in my playlist the more I enjoy it.

also agreed with some of the other users that said wheeins voice is really shining lately.

lol @ the troll threads.... moomoos don't care about "flopping" (tbh everyone said that up until UOAY that I spoke to on forums etc because they hadn't hit it big) but I always prefer quality content over mass hysteria and bulk buying. call me crazy but class lasts a lot longer and leaves an impression. And our girls always serve it

I thought the same regarding the video, and its a shame the dance version doesn't have the mirror's. But I love the song :)

My reaction after wacthing mamamoo perfromance at MMA:

tumblr_inline_oen9apqVZf1tb94dk_500.gif

Agree. Though I'm not sure why they had a load of guys wandering around during Decalcomanie section.

I liked the "girl  empowerment" angle I read on some of the yt comments with the runaway guys acting just accessories to their performance (plus they're "girls" in a "suit" which can also be a metaphor). But yeah, it's quite confusing unlike their intro which is pretty much spot on (gender switch).

That kinda makes sense. 

Excluding some big groups that get their fans into mass hysteria states mamamoo was probably the only one that was able get the crowd pumped up and stay pumped up until the end.

Is it just me but did the crowd seem more into decalcomanie than YTB? The vocal slayge must have got to them.

I'm so happy that they can get crowds not full of Moomoo's excited. Plus hey sounded amazing.

And I agree that the crowd sounded more excited for Decalcomanie, which is great because it really is a wonderful song

aaaah awesome

this may help

the subs team has an index... i love the subs team! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ck-dPOKb301Z74-5GqV2Ey5F4QS4F7kAw7g4zr5qsgU/edit#gid=0

The one downside to having Mamamoo everywhere is having to wait for the sub teams to get through all the videos. My mind swings between, They do a fantastic job but they need to plz hurry the hell up; and, Be patient. These wonderful people take time outta their day to do this. Be patient:smile:

• Like 1

Thats the life of an ifan for sure. Legit mad grateful tho yoongi!!!

Haha im forever like "this would be easier if i understand korean. Damn my life"

Yes lol. It would also be better if I lived closer to Korea. Living on the other side of the world has its drawbacks. Especially when you think you've found the latest video, photo etc and you go to post it only to find its already all over the internet and has been for about 12 hrs  :lol:

I'm actually glad that Mamamoo got a chance to talk about which members they are awkward with on Idol Party. I think as fans it's good to be checked on some of our assumptions and beliefs, and from what I've seen (not so much here), this is definitely something that shook fans up a bit.

I think all of them are great performers on stage and they rely on each other to get through a brutal schedule while still being entertaining. But I also understand that's their job, it doesn't mean that off the stage their dynamics will be exactly the same or their personalities or interests will mesh perfectly together.

Also, depending on how much control they have over stuff like VApp this could possibly explain a few things.

I don't know why some fans are shook by this, Wheein has mentioned before that she felt awkward having meals with Solar, just as she's talked about her grandmother's death before.  The fact that they have to bring out old stories tells me that they don't experience that awkwardness anymore. Tho i agree groups can have very different offstage dynamics coz the worlds a big place and you can't get on with everyone you meet, nor can you all share the same interests. I just don't think this is anything moomoos need to worry about.

Where are you guys watching Idol Party? Is it out with eng subs?

I found these links. No eng subs tho. And if you have adblocker or something similar, you'll have to turn it off for it to load and play.

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/k3a2rLhhBSx4EylgNov 

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/k6Aofr2623177nlgNoR

Edited by MooStar

this was a very good read. although it saddened me at most parts, i'm glad they openly shared their struggles and insecurities. some times Mamamoo looks so carefree and happy on screen that i forget they also have it hard like any other idols. i know their laughter has faded a bit because of the schedules, but i guess everything has its price, i just hope that popularity won't take away their enthusiasm in the future. also most of the negative comments Hwasa and Moonbyul mentioned, it's like they read them straight from the bashing thread on OH (and here i thought comments from i-netz are irrelevant, i forgot the fact that k-netz could say the same thing, and even harsher). 

You have to wonder about people who thought/think Hwasa is unattractive. Its like, have you suffered some major head trauma that's impaired your vision some how. lol

• Like 4