Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hi! Sorry, first time posting here! but I have a doubt! 

Um since i'm new here I don't know if you guys already had a long chat about this or not, but this is my first time seeing this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYijkf8CXjo  and, in minute 1:40 there appears a pre-debut(?) Solar singing in music bank it seems? i wonder if some of you guys know about it, and if you could please tell me where can I watch it full o: and also, a little explanation of the whole thing hehe.

Also, I found this vid too! 

and I was wondering what are your opinions about the girl dancing next to yongsun! the op says is moonbyul, but I think the comments are saying that is not byul (they're in korean, idk korean)... In my opinion, I think that's byul but before she lost some weight and with a different hair color... Her legs also don't look like byul's, but i think that's because she was a little more chubbier then (idk if that's really her but if it is, she looks so cute!!). And I have to say that the shorts as well, they're too short idk if that's something moonbyul would wear but who knows? she's practicing after all.

I would love to know your opinions on this and I hope you can help me! ^^ 

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the help and opinions!

Aaah I see! And yes! she did really good. Yongsun is so pretty in those performances, I watched some already and her hair is so cute like that too.

Yeah, I also thought about the lips (not judging, I think her lips [and everything about her] are cute as well), I just feel that, at that little moment we see her face-when she flips her hair, the factions are quite similar.

Haha, ook, well thank you for the hard work- I'm trusting you on this! ^^

Welcome to the thread! Feel free to post as much as you want man, we're always happy to meet new radishes ^^

That first part around 1:40 is when she joined Geeks on Music Bank while they were promoting their song Wash Away:

Ailee was actually the feature in the song but Solar took her spot for this performance (and the next one) and slayed, as expected. 

The second one, I think that is Moonbyul bc I'm almost positive I've seen pre-debut stuff of her with that hair color, and when the girl flips up I can kinda see her mouth (my favorite part of Moonbyul's body don't judge) and it looks like hers. The comments are saying that's not her though, you're right about that, so lemme do some more research on this and get back to you lol 

Also adding this: you're right that the shorts don't seem like something she would wear a lot (many of the videos I've seen of her dancing like this from predebut and even after debut she's wearing jeans) but it could have just been an exception idk

Okay so I found another version of this video but only labeled as Solar and Wheein and some of the comments on this one are saying the girl next to Solar is Moonbyul? Argh why does her hair have to be covering her face so much

I am on the SBS website, lemme try to find the episode/video they posted and see if they say anything about that being Byul or not

Edit again: I found the video people are claiming it's from on the SBS website, they wanted me to pay to watch it but they also posted it on their youtube channel in like ten parts so I'm watching those rn and I'll let you know if I come up with anything lol

I answered to the first part of your comment without quoting you, heh sorry. Well here it is again:

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the help and opinions!

Aaah I see! And yes! she did really good. Yongsun is so pretty in those performances, I watched some already and her hair is so cute like that too.

Yeah, I also thought about the lips (not judging, I think her lips [and everything about her] are cute as well), I just feel that, at that little moment we see her face-when she flips her hair, the factions are quite similar.

Haha, ook, well thank you for the hard work- I'm trusting you on this! ^^

EDIT: Responding to your edit- Alright! Thank you again, I'm kinda excited to know now lol 

She really is pretty ^^ she always is

That's what I'm thinking, she looks similar enough to Moonbyul that I wouldn't be surprised if it was her, but at the same time if people are saying it isn't then it's something to look into...

Here is the original video segment on the official SBS Youtube channel, Mamamoo is at around 4 minutes:

This originally aired on July 11, 2012, aka almost two full years predebut. That means a couple of things: first, we shouldn't really be looking at this girl's weight to judge because you can lose a lot of weight in two years, and second, they didn't really have a reason to say "so these are girls from RBW's new group and their names are..." because they weren't really relevant yet. 

Disclaimer though, even though I know enough Korean to be able to read those comments, I'm not near fluent so I can't understand everything they're saying. However, from what I can tell, and anybody can correct me if I'm wrong, they're comparing what stars who had already debuted went through while they were training to what current trainees go through. I'm pretty sure the caption (if that's what it's called idk) on the screen is something along the lines of "even now, it is hard to become a star". Idk if that helps anything, though. 

And no problem man, when stuff like this comes up I'm always too curious to just let it go lol

wow, two full years pre debut... my babies :') idk why i'm feeling emotional, just think about how hard they've worked.

You really went full detective, thank you for your help, I'm glad I brought this here hehe. 

Well, at the end it doesn't matter who that girl is, if it's moonbyul then "wow! she looks so pretty!" if it's not then "i hope she's doing good nowadays!" (however, i think that other bg was the one that disbanded, the one rbw was training... so i feel they were showing their two groups: s4[?] and mamamoo- maybe thats rly byul).

I'm thinking tho, I didn't know wheein could play the piano... well she probably doesn't know much, and she was just showing off to the camera lol, but i find that so attractive, she playing the piano I mean. And also, can we talk about how yongsun kinda sucked at dancing? haha, well she wasn't BAD she just... well the other girl was better. But we know that yongsun isn't the strongest of dancers as of now, I suppose back then she wasn't any better either lol Aaah they're so cute, my mamamoos. 

Edited by my moos

Yeah I tend to do that lol, I like to think of it as a good side to my tendency to obsess over anything and everything xD

They definitely have worked hard. 

I was thinking the same thing, that I don't know who else that would be other than Byul. I doubt any of the POP members (the girl group they're training rn) would have been practicing dance with Solar four years ago lol and the only other girl who would have been around is like eSNa, and that's not her. So I think that it's a safe bet to say it's Byul. 

Wheein playing the piano is super attractive, but when is Wheein not tbh ^^ she's always adorable, as they all are.

Oh, so POP is for real? I thought it was only a rumor, and I thought people found out it was going to be a soloist instead of a group. Anyway, I'm with you in that, I doubt it was them.

Welcome my moos into the farm :)

I'm going to butt in  in this interesting conversation; I think i heard in an interview that they are about 12 of them back then i dont how many was two years before debut. As what i got from the interview was at the beginning there are about 12 divided into 2 groups with i think 6 each in where all of MAMAMOO happens to be in one group and they did they're choreo and concept for evaluation eventually at the end when they announced they are going to form a group it was eventually only 4 who was left out of the 12 and that is the four people we now love and know as MAMAMOO.

Edit: found the interview : http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/post/98844309423/interview-140912-mamamoo-dc-inside-interview-%E2%91%A0

so they have like a survival esque competition and all mamamoo are team A.

Hi! Thank you for the welcome~ (:

Oh I see, so they were all in group A but with some more girls. That could be the truth, Yongsun actually not with byul but just practicing with another girl. It could also be that by the point of that video, it was only the four of them by then... who knows.

Dropping by for opinion:

I think the person in the video is Moonbyul. She had said that she's kinda big predebut (which was also the reason why she got dropped by her former agency). In V-app, she talked about how fans found out about her predebut picture and she had shared her dieting secret (forgot which one, but I think one of the earlier YKBK v-apps). There's also an Instiz post about her look predebut and how she had lost weight  (cant find the original instiz post but here's the 'translated' one: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2015/09/mamamoos-moonbyul-shocks-fans-with.html

MOONBYUL%2BBEFORE%2BAFTER.jpg

Tbh I'm with you, I do think the girl in the video is byul. Byul in those days she was losing weight... I hope we can have the truth some day haha.

A new doubt rose in me tho: do you know if byul did trained under SM at some point? some people say it was sm that dropped her bc of her weight, and some others say that she TRIED to get into sm but didn't, and it was actually another company that dropped her. I feel that she did got into sm, because I remember I once read that wheein was a trainee at sm and that byul and her knew each other from before since they trained together under the same company. So probably that company was sm?

Edited by my moos

According to this interview Byul was never a trainee at SM, she only attended SM Academy. And I honestly haven't read a single thing about Wheein training under SM either, (I know she was a CCM trainee but that's about it) so it's probably a different company.

Welcome to the thread, btw!

Thank you for the welcome! :)

Ooh, I see. Yeah, I probably remember wrong then. Thank you for answering my doubt as well. Really,.. I'm gonna learn a lot about mamamoo here, hehe. 

Edited by my moos

ive never used scripts to automate polls before bc it feels to me like cheating but if they're doing it (which I just saw us lose .1% of votes in like thirty seconds so I'm pretty sure they are) I feel more justified in doing so... 

Alright I'll get it set up then have a bit of an ethical conversation with myself before I run it to make sure I want to do it lol

but if you do that, isn't it going to look too obvious that we cheated? i mean, i say, do whatever you want... but who cares if AS wins, is just a poll. and as is cool anyway, had been in the industry for far more yrs than mmm. voting like crazy for mmm tho :^)

Edited by my moos

hey! i was wondering, do you guys think mamamoo is actually gonna make a comeback this august? byul and solar kept saying the only thing they had in their heads was the concert and nobody mentions a comeback, not even in showtime. i know that probably means nothing, and they are still doing that comeback anyway in late august or right away after the concerts, but... Idk. I want them to rest, but if they want to keep working hard then I'm totally down for that comeback (obviously). Is that source that said about the comeback reliable anyway?

Well i just want to know your opinions! (:

Yeah. That's why I push the thought of comeback rumor to the back of my mind. I hope they return around winter so that they can rest (and Byul to gain more weight please)

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

Oh so it was just a rumor? i thought it was some kind of respectable source that claimed had talked to mmm or rbw about it. but now that i think about, i don't think k-moomoos even did or are doing a big deal about it or even acknowledging a comeback? 

Oh, about that.. a lot of fans keep saying that byul is looking skinnier than usual nowadays - but somehow, imo i don't really see a change? lol i feel like a bad fan since everyone seems to think differently, but in my defense I think all freaking idols seem way too tin and need to eat more! (and rest, rest pls) Hmm... i feel, in their debut days is when her cheeks looked chubbier heh, but idk ^^u

Edited by my moos

Yep. No official statement from RBW yet, as far as I know.

Byul is thinner than UOAY era (and even then she was already thin!) I personally prefer her debut/Piano Man era, she still looks healthiest to me. Around Aah Oop she lost some weight, but still looks healthy. Now whenever I see her thighs I want to feed her.

Sent from my Lenovo A536 using Tapatalk

Oooh, I agree about her thighs, those shorts don't fit well at the thigh section, but somehow i feel that that's just byul, idk she just doesn't seem like the kind who eats a lot (as those times i have seen her eat). Maybe pre-debut yes, but now... Well in the vapp w/yongsun they said they had been eating a lot, and in showtime they also said they had not been eating a lot of healthy stuff ^^u That's not necessarily a good thing hehe! but i hope she gains a little, and all of them feel good and energized. Lately i think hwasa is looking very healthy, her body looks really pretty- i hope she feels just as good emotionally as physically.

Edited by my moos

Nope, it's barely 6:00AM in Korea ^^ people are already queuing tho.

CpsAW2uVUAAN8s3.jpg

I'm so jealous right now  :rlytearpls:

aaah ok :) i was reading wrong the time haha

those outfits are really nice **

Edited by my moos

I'm sure people will take some pictures and videos. I mean, all those exo concerts and they say the same "you can't use cameras/phones" but then you see on youtube all those professional fancams lol. I went to an exo concert and they said as well, no professional cameras, but right behind me there was this girl with this camera with them big ass lens...

wooow whats that. are they dancing. i'm obsessing over wanting them to dance TT

EDIT: is that BYUL RAPPING AND DANCING MAYBE???

Edited by my moos