Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Lee Hi had a pretty big margin to start. Were her 9000 points mainly from digitals? Because next week Mamamoo should be tops in that category for every show.

I think the 5500 points are from the digitals and the 3500 points came from SNS which the big chunk of are from YouTube views. Hopefully next week with their small digital lead from Lee Hi they can still snatch another win. Streaming and increasing their mv views will also help.

By the way, I'm a casual lurker on this thread since Piano Man era but today I finally decided to create an account. I feel like I'm missing something out since I'm not interacting to fellow moomoos. :)

• Like 6

Are OST songs artist excluded in the Gaon artist of the month? So far, I think March will be between Mamamoo and Lee Hi

They are. There was only one exception in 2012 with a Reply 1997 OST. But since Infinite Challenge was still excluded last year I don't think they'll make any exceptions anymore.

It will be pretty close between Mamamoo and Hayi I think. YTB's first week and the first 2 days of the 2nd week will not count since those days fall into Feb. That's about 200k downloads. That puts YTB around the same downloads as Breathe, which still had a bit more downloads this past week. In streams YTB is a ahead though but the award is based on the "Digital" chart in which YTB is above Breathe as of the last update. It's going to be a close race.

Thanks for the info. If my math is correct, cumulatively, Hayi's Breathe is ahead by about 30,000 downloads on YTB but Mamamoo have a huge lead in streaming. It's like Gfriend and Taeyeon last month.

Yeah, I just don't understand how a song not even in the top 100 on Melon has a higher digital than a song still in the top 10. I've officially given up on making sense or really even caring about how these Korean charts and digital rankings are calculated.

Exactly, that's really weird , they didn't even chart high on streaming. It seems that 20k download difference with YTB puts them 3 spots ahead or does album chart position affects digital aggregates?

Edited by acadz_

Speaking of Wheein, all the girls were great in that Big Bang cover on MCD but she was particularly strong in that performance. I don't know if I've heard her go for so many high notes in a group performance outside of Immortal Song :)

Yeah, it seems Wheein was the one that belt out the notes at the end. They all did great, singing while walking, especially Solar, belting while climbing down the steps. They were really professional, this is like that one-take shot mv in Unpretty Rapstar, I wonder how many times they did the practice though.

Edited by acadz_
  • Like 1

Week 1 - 147,904

Week 2 - 204,888 / 352,792

Week 3 - 112,678 / 465,470

Week 4 - 86,026 / 551,496

Week 5 - 66,098 / 617,594

Week 6 - 56,517 / 674,111

You can find it here: http://gaonchart.co.kr/main/section/chart/online.gaon?nationGbn=T&serviceGbn=S1020&termGbn=week

You can toggle the date to see their downloads in that week.

Thank you! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Wonder when they'll cross the 1mil mark~

UOAY crossed 1 million downloads at week 18. Comparing the two songs week per week, UOAY has already higher download than YTB in Week 5 (68,340 vs 66,098) and Week 6 (60,103 vs 56,517) so even though YTB had a big burst in its first three weeks, UOAY has a lower percent download loss per week and imo has a slightly edge in longevity. If YTB follows UOAY download pattern, I think it will cross the 1 million mark in Week 15 at the earliest or Week 17 at the latest.

Edited by acadz_

Mamamoo has Song of the year for March. Just wanted to let you know guys if you didn't know yet. I updated it on wiki as well. And congrats :)

Wow, so fast, I was just looking at the wiki a while ago. So it's really official, I had doubts because of the DOTS OST.

I just saw the Gaon sales. I'm a little disappointed that the number is 'only' 26k, which of course is still great but not as much as I had hoped (30k or more). Gfriend is doing much more fansigns like I hoped Mamamoo would do and they are nearing 30k... I wish RBW took note but it seems they don't care that much.

I'm positive that Melting will also cross the 30k mark and more (hopefully) since it's only their 2nd month. What I wonder is if the late and sudden reprinting due to the demand (if rbw did so) reflected on the almost 60 percent dropped on album sale.

The new Gaon update is out and Mamamoo LG G5 OST is no. 5 in the download chart with 111,845 downloads.  :) Not bad for an OST. Hope it reaches the numbers of Girl Crush before it charted out.

• Like 2

Apparently, BTS are also coming to KCON NY and some redditors commented on how good tickets will be harder to get now due to competition. Just sharing to all moomoos who will be able to go. Good luck!

Are they finally going to win?!!

Congratulations! They finally get a final win in IS2! :rlytearpls:

• Like 1

Isn't it theirs second IS2 win? Congrats ladies, i got chills:) And MoonByul in white outfit, I'm in heaven.

Yeah, they already won and got a trophy but it's only for the 1st part of the special (1st episode) and they actually lost on the first singer of the 2nd episode. This time they finally get their own episode (legend) trophy overall.

Edited by acadz_
  • Like 4

Speculations being supported by other speculations, it seem antis are trying to build a narrative to put Solar down. They can brew all the stories they want, all the while, Mamamoo will rise more in popularity.  

Edited by acadz_
  • Like 1

Since Mamamoo has finally made a history of IS2 win for girl group, I think I will summarize their performance from beginning to last one

What's your favorite one?

Way to Sampo/Backwoods for a ballad-like stage; Blissful confession for a choreograph performance stage.

p.s. lowkey trying to convert her into a moomoo and i think it's working haha. what's more is that she likes and follows sugarman and mmm's going to be on it soon..  :happy:

This is actually Mamamoo's second time on Sugarman, the first one is versus f(x). I think its the sixth episode of the show.

Yongsun and Hyejin on the runway;

Hyejin cut her hair shorter today. XD Maknaes surprising me with their hair adventures.

Lol, Solar is all smiles and can't keep a poker face while doing the walk. Reminds me of what she said in WGM. Hwasa though...

• Like 1

YESSSS!! a good friend of mine recommended me this drama and I was debating whether to watch this drama or not, but guess I have to since my fav is singing an OST for this drama  :rlytearpls:

It's a very good one. It also got quite high ratings for a cable drama which is why its OSTs are charting high in melon.

And my happy virus bc her smile is just soooo infectious. ^.^

382ec3c8adaa63a8201257c768947556.jpg

Hope you fellow moomoos are doing good!

I wonder what Hwasa's face looks in here... :hurr:

Edited by acadz_

lol probably wheein was laughing at hwasa messy eyeliner or mascara  :hurr:

I'm imagining a grumpy Hwasa with Wheein trying to do an aegyo to make her smile...

• Like 1

JREKML MAMAMOO TRASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDzBL3_KAo

Finally he did one. Not gonna lie, with half a million subscribers, he somehow contributed to Mamamoo's international awareness as he had been a moomoo/following them even before they blew up.

• Like 1

Is it me or they seem kinda tired? Their vocals were still spot-on though. Hoping they get a long rest after these hectic schedules.

They have 3 events yesterday , but after this they only have few - based on the 5/30 version of sched for June(assuming no private events or shooting happens). 

X - Fri - June 3 -  Hansan Ramie Festival / Chungnam National Disabled Sports Festival / (Some other Festival)

X - Sat - June 4  - Dream Concert

Thu - June 9 - Chungnam National Sports Festival Islanders

Sat - June 11 - Happiness Sharing Concert

Sun - June 12 - Mamamoo Concert with 10cm

Sat - June 18 - Kpop Super Concert Suwon

Sat - June 24 - KCon NY

Wow, 3 events yesterday? And though this is only their schedule today, I'm pretty sure they're still preoccupied most of the time with the waiting and rehearsals (which still tiring) before the concert. I don't know but sometimes i feel it when they're not on their best, the usual "spark" are not there.

i know this is just me with my negativity but i think vixx announcing an album and concert dates today the same as mamamoo is just...ive never seen anyone do that b4.

Not really a problem since they have different set of fans. And it's not unusual to have same concert date/s among artists as it happened multiple times before.

Edited by acadz_