Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hello, I'm a new fan of mamamoo. Hello everybody!!

• Like 3

7th win WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cof..cof...cof...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Let me add something: solar's smile makes my days better.

Thank you.

• Like 2

On a random note, while we wait for sxsw fancams (still crying like that moomoo who got the hug from MoonSun since I can't be there), I've been thinking that Mamamoo's R&B tracks are really, really good.

I really, really like each and every last one of them, and when I'm promoting Mamamoo to the masses who haven't been indoctrinated into the Church of Moo, the R&B tracks are usually the biggest hits for them. 

Don't Be Happy, I Miss You, Emotion, any of their R&B collab tracks--They're all brilliant.

I hope one day they'll do a complete R&B mini at the very least to explore their "Velvet" side a little more. They're terrific within practically any genre--Hell, I'm convinced they could pull off Bluegrass if requested--but I think they have a very, very strong affinity to R&B

Just my random two cents.

I agree %100.

And I just found how amazing "JUST" is . What a wonderfull track. First I rank it as the worst song on "Melting", but man.. the other day I put my headphones and went to bed listening to that song. Blown away

1cm Pride while driving.

Feeling like a gangsta  :datass:

Well here is a 25 years old male that went from listening to Arctic Monkeys,Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Radiohead to Mamamoo early this year. Like WTF hapened?

This group made me appreciate k-pop. I had a lot of prejudice but that changed after hearing "I miss you", the pre-single. Then I began to listen their old songs, like Gentlemen, piano man, mr ambiguous, Ah Oop!, etc. Love the jazzy sound in most songs, and the energy and "happiness" they deliver in every performance.

My little sister also loves Mamamoo, she used to show me their funny videos and thats how I learned about them (fell in love with solar). But I didn't know about their music yet. When she was on vacation, she asked me about this new song called "I miss you". She couldn't hear it because of bad internet signal. So I listened and tell her that it was a great track. That's how all started for me.

PD: sorry for my english.

PD2: ...and of course I like their personalities and cuteness too. Makes me like this group even more.

Edited by Romade
  • Like 13

Welcome to the Moomoodom. I think there's a lot of us here that have Mamamoo as the entrance point (or exception) to Kpop in comparison to our "usual" music genre tastes  :)

I myself am a guy too, older and listen except for Mamamoo and a couple of other Kpop/Kartists to completely different music genres as you do, so, just trying to say you're not alone. There's more and more guys I'm seeing, so Mamamoo is slowly becoming a really great mixture of fans of both/all genders, ages, etc... probably one of the most unique you can find  :lol:

Who's your bias (if you have it) in the group?

My favourite is Solar, but Whee In (best vocals in the group imo) is getting closer.

What I meant in my last post, is that if it were just for the looks, I wouldn't be a fan of Mamamoo. Just after I discovered the talent in their voices I became one of the many cheering for them

Bienvenido al fandom (no se la palabra en espanol). Hablas espanol verdad? Tambien me gustan las bandas de Arctic Monkeys y Red Hot Chili Peppers. Disculpa que no hay accentos, la computadora en mi trabajo no tiene el idioma. 

Gracias por la bienvenida! Si, hablo español. 

Saludos!

There isn't a word in spanish for "fandom" so we use it aswell. 

Take care!

PD: you have a good taste in music ;)

Edited by Romade

Man, those "The Stage" performances Mamamoo did are really great with the live band and everything. Nice to see a group singing with an actual band playing in the back. NICE.

Loving the sound in every song, it feels completly fresh, almost like new. 

And can we take a moment to apreciate the bass in "Girl Crush", the violins playing at the end of "I Miss You", the guitar player in 1cm, and everything in Mr Ambiguous and You're the best?

Really, really enjoying this.

• Like 5

...and lucky me I'm a zombie. Wheein's voice killed me three times already.

Fan-fucking-tastic song! Love the guitar and shit.

Come on now! It's great to listen to Wheein in a different genre, exploring different styles. It's necessary to an artist, in order to grow and mature.

IMO, It was a "meh" song until the solo kicked in. The mix between guitar and violins made this song reach a high level of epicness towards the end. Thumbs up for Wheein and company. Didn't expect that  :)

• Like 5

No need for that. Those jumpsuits are big enough to stash a bottle or some other container.

Fun fact?: In the 18th century court ladies would pee standing up while at court. They'd be there for hours at a time (sometimes all day), and you couldn't just up and leave. So they had pots that would be placed underneath their dresses so they could pee while standing up.

Here's an example from 1772

a_pair_of_sevres_bourdaloues_circa_1776_

A painting from the 1760s showing a woman using such a pot

pIEpCPX.jpg

Lucy Worsley (Chief Curator at Historic Royal Palaces) "demonstrates" how to use one in the opening scene of this documentary

WTF dude... Weirdest thing I saw this week..

And what did they do with the ... .. liquid.... after urinating? I can not imagine a lady woman carrying a jar full of pee for the rest of the court. That must be uncomfortable. 

Edited by Romade

OFFTOPIC, but how could I ignore ALL the signatures?

You see, I'm at work and I don't want to draw attention while I'm ... you know..."working". There's just too many shiny colourful girls in my screen. I can`t hide that from my boss.

I tried hitting the X at the top of each signature, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Romade

Allright,thanks! And just to be clear, I wasn't criticizing. I love the signatures.

Well.. in every fight you need at least two factions. If you don't want to start a "war" with another fandom, just chill the fuck up and let the others do the nagging. It's not the end of the world what we are discussing, it's just music.

You will find it's healthier for everybody  :)

Cheers!

Edited by Romade

They should have won 10 at least. All those looses by 3,15, and 22 points were sick!

edit: 8 is a really good number tho

Edited by Romade

New post because I honestly want to share a dream I had last night.

I randomly wandered into a radio station or something like that and sat in a chair next to a room where a bald bearded bloke was sitting at a computer. I was in complete darkness so he couldn't see me. To my left sort of behind me was a window that showed another room where Hwasa was recording. Suddenly the bloke entered the room and he was like "are you here for the interview?" and I was like "er...no. to be honest I just wanted to hear some of that" while pointing my finger towards the room where Hwasa was. He said "sorry mate, you're gonna have to leave" and walked towards me to try and get me to do so. I started getting desperate now and said "please I just want to hear more Mamamoo songs I'm not gonna shoot you or anything" and he basically threw me out after that. Directly opposite the radio station or whatever it was, was a school field and for some reason he seemed to also work as the school teacher. I watched him walk off into the distance and thought I'd take the chance that presented itself to me. I ran into the building, into the dark room, and into the Hwasa room. It turned out she was shooting for the next James Bond movie and she was the new "Bond Girl". I'm not sure what happened here because fuzzy but I got out with an unreleased Mamamoo album. Anyway, the important thing is this, Hwasa was a Bond Girl and she was hot as fuck!

Later on I found myself back at the radio station/film set with Hwasa but that belongs to the +18 thread.

Edited by Romade

Solar is like a ray of light in the dark storm that my life is.

She and my dog called Terry  :imstupid:

Can we talk about the upcoming Mamamoo album? (if Solar words were true)

I foresee a mini album, with no more than 6 songs in it.

1- 'Title' -comeback song-

2- 'Angel'

3- 'Dab Dab'

4- 'Moderato'

5- 'New York'

6- 'Woo Hoo'

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

The teaser sounds so good.  HYPE.

pd: loving the Whasa/WheeIn badass walk at 0:01

Edited by Romade

Every day I'm more convinced that Whasa is a goddess.

She's not even my bias or bias wrecker (Solar and WheeIn), but she has this godlike, I don't know if it's the attitude, posture, or whatever, but there is something that enhances her above all. 

I think it would be wise to light a candle on Whasa's name every time we seek wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, mathematics, strength, war strategy, arts, crafts, and/or skills.

My two cents. Bye.

Edited by Romade
  • Like 4

Welcome to the club. :happy:

Hwasa has splendid control of her voice, and her vocal line is what I personally prefer.

BTW, are most people going by Hwasa or Whasa? Because I'm used to the "H" first, but. :wut:

Thank you. 

Well, I'm going by "Whasa" because I find it easier to write. Just like "Whee In"... "Wha Sa"   :) .

Also because that's how it's written in the tags

• Like 1

Maybe you have already seen it, but I wanted to post this because it's the best mamamoo interview I've seen so far. 

Really interesting to watch,

ok,BYE!

PS: would you recommend me another?

• Like 1

Help me because I'm lost, and a bit stupid also.

So.. it's the 21 at midnight, Korean time. That means, the 20th a minute later to 23:59??   :smile:  

That means.. 13 hours left... right?