Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

That's it!! I had to create an account!!!! Today is a special day and I want to celebrate Mamamoo with you guysss!!!!!!

CONGRATSSSSSS TO MMM!!!!  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

• Like 3

That's it!! I had to create an account!!!! Today is a special day and I want to celebrate Mamamoo with you guysss!!!!!!

CONGRATSSSSSS TO MMM!!!!  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

kxzCnud.jpg

Well hello!!! Haha that's a sassy Moo right there!!!  :imstupid:  :imstupid:

They are more than a singer... A performer.... Singer and artist....

Pfff they're amazing, seriously. Everyday, they'd be doing something new that either makes me laugh or fall in love more. RELATIONSHIP GOALS!!!!!  :smile:  :smile:  :rlytearpls:

• Like 1

Hwasa touching the manager's boobs though 

For Halloween, MMM and Moomoos  should dress up as Spirited Away characters. Wheein as no face, Solar is Chihiro, Moonbyul as Haiku, Hwasa as Lin and MooMoos as the radish king ! 

Their manager seems a lot more calm than them lol. (also, well, it's the manager's job to have (or at least show) a lot more chill) Their interactions must balance off quite nicely. I'm sure she enjoys their craziness and loves managing them... :derp:  :derp:

• Like 3

Random thought. Soooo I just listened to Lee Hi's comeback songs. And I don't think there will be much competition there for MMM (in terms of music show win).. Plus yeah, Lee HI's been MIA for like 2 or 3 years

Edited by louis_francois

This was acutallly... awesome! There's some small spots they don't do on stage which really make it even better... I have to admit they really are dancing more choreographed this time then with songs in the past, I don't know how to explain since I don't know dance words, but in the past they had less intense movement, more walking, standing in place with small moves while singing, etc... I mean, they improved, that's what I'm getting at - they didn't lose quality in singing, but raised the quality of the dancing inbetween, which is great  :ahmagah:

-------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT REVIEW ON MAMAMOO'S MELTING ALBUM ON BILLBOARD:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7035823/mamamoo-melting-k-pop-retro-soul?utm_source=twitter

CdP8FVLUMAATcIP.jpg

:omg:  :omg:  :omg:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

I beg of you.... fancams... so many. Please chingu!

"Please chingu"!!! LMAOOO

Kayden411 is right though!!!! Some of us are stuck with classes and spring break showing his butt only next week.   :ahmagah:  Pleeeeaase!!

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/tunguyen12/status/710719140902756352

And I'm a big MJ fan! This Grammy winning woman wrote MJ's #1 hit and Grammy nominated song "Man In The Mirror"!! I'm beyond happy and excited that Mamamoo caught her eye, ears and attention enough to WANT TO WORK WITH THEM!!! Thta's crazy!!   :rlytearpls:   :rlytearpls:

Edited by louis_francois
  • Like 2

Fellow Moo Moos, I'm puzzled at this discovery: 

So we all may know that Kim Eana (who I admire and love) is credited for having written the masterpiece that is "Piano Man". Sooooo, how come this awesome demo/music guide is sung in english by Hwasa (which Hwasa herself posted at a fancafe diary in 2014)!?!?! 

Anybody's heard this before?? Know the actual story behind the song?? 

Because to me, it seems like the melody came from Hwasa and then Kim Eana wrote the hangul lyrics.. But if that was the case, shouldn't Hwasa be credited there??!   :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :donthinkso:

OMG OMG

I may be super late figuring this out but I just noticed that the way "Mr.애매모호" sounds, could be written "Mr MMO" which directly also means "Mr. Mamamoo"!!!! Loving the play on word!!!! And I know the song was originally called Mr. Mamamoo this just comes full circle!!!  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Why so perfect!!  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

• Like 1

Feel free to try and talk me down because right now, I'm kinda annoyed. I thought of not saying anything, but I figure better now before shit potentially hits the fan.

I saw a comment in one of the fancams for the new LG song saying that they were reminded of Bruno Mars's treasure so I listened to it and the progression is pretty much the same, right down to the chorus. The LG song is pitched higher but it's undoubtedly the same thing. And for a group that has already had a minor plagiarism controversy (even though I think that was pretty much straight up bs), I won't be surprised if this becomes an even bigger issue. And that could have major ramifications for them, considering that firstly, the song is advertising a product and I bet LG doesn't want that drama, and secondly mamamoo now being a known quality and more people are paying attention to them.

And another note, this had better not be a kdh composition, otherwise I'm going to seriously start side eyeing the guy. IMO every song that has gotten Mamamoo flack has been composed by him. I know Mamamoo is the money maker right now, so being able to write as many songs as you can for them means more money for you, but it feels like a case of greed overcoming creativity and ethics. And it is so easily avoided ; RBW isn't like other entertainment companies who have to commission outside songwriters for songs, they have a whole team of producers and songwriters ready to write songs for their artists. Seriously one of their producers had a recent interview and I checked his song writing credits and he wrote a crap load of songs for GFriend (so he and rbw are obviously super happy about gfriend's rise right now). Esna composed some of Mamamoo's best songs early on and the biggest hit of 2014. Like there are talented ppl with good ideas who deserve a shot too.

Let's not worry about this.

Kim Do-Hoon has worked in the industry for almost 20 years. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. Also, like you said, the previous controversy was BS. People don't know what plagiarism entails.

Among other things, 4-chord progressions are pretty much irrelevant in plagiarism cases given that lots of music commonly use the same ones. Especially if two songs belong to the same retro funk genre and get inspiration from previous recorded songs. In this case, The Smeezingtons who produced "Treasure" got inspired by another song as well: by French artist Breakbot's song "Baby I'm Yours" which I can also argue bears similarities with the funk of Jamiroquai, and other 90s/80s/70s funk and disco-pop infused artists (MJ for instance...).  :donthinkso:

Mamamoo is doing great. We all know their singing style naturally calls for flares of old musical elements just like KDH said not long ago in an interview. Obviously, as their producer and CEO, I'm sure he's also worried about innovation and how to develop their sound for future releases. Since like you said, they definitely are the money maker of RBW right now.

Basically. Right now, let's be happy guys!!!  :chu:

• Like 3

:ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

Well the song is even better than I expected!!! Those harmonies in the intro, Moonbyul on that break dance/rap...I was NOT ready!!

Now I'll have to go back and watch this videos again and again!!

Just discovered this yesterday and I'm addicted 

Also, what's the tie between CN Blue and RBW/mamamoo? 

RBW's CEO (also MAMAMOO's producer), Kim Do-Hoon has composed 4 consecutive CNBLUE's title songs ("I'm a Loner", "Love", "Intuition", "Hey You"). They essentially became famous after working with him.

Man, those "The Stage" performances Mamamoo did are really great with the live band and everything. Nice to see a group singing with an actual band playing in the back. NICE.

Loving the sound in every song, it feels completly fresh, almost like new. 

And can we take a moment to apreciate the bass in "Girl Crush", the violins playing at the end of "I Miss You", the guitar player in 1cm, and everything in Mr Ambiguous and You're the best?

Really, really enjoying this.

Totally agree!! However, sad to notice that although they're hanging in there, they clearly look tired...they need rest!

I'm sorry but other than the "liveliness" of Mamamoo, BtoB's performance was kind of painful to watch...I was expecting a bit too much from them I guess

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

ITS HAPPENING!!!

Cky8TNmUUAQob8G.jpg

I JUST CAAAAAN'T!!!!! Their music, their image, their visuals.... who is their artistic manager/director?? Who came up with this idea??? Themselves maybe???!!

they're having a concert!!! a solo concert!!! so proud  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

and on top of that it's called a MOOSICAL. how genius is thaaaat 

p.s. i'm also really interested in who among their idol friends are going too..  :hurr:  :hurr:

"MOOSICAL"!!!!! Yasssss I know there is no way I can attend it but I am so so excited. And the way it's presented gosh!! I needed soe news like this today...

tumblr_o8p0ghGCcz1v8ku37o1_500.gif

tumblr_o8p0buZGHC1v8ku37o1_500.gif

tumblr_o8p0ekPcTB1v8ku37o1_500.gif

tumblr_o8p0fdvLaK1v8ku37o1_500.gif

THEY. ARE. OUTSTANDING!!! I was going to do just that! They just look like talent I swear!!   :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Same colours

CkzcB1XUoAE5ISk.jpg

CkzcB1xUYAIG26n.jpg

You're so right!!!!! They have really come a long way!! And now breaking records.....

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

Oh how I'm loving how much they embody real MOOSIC!!! :hurr:  :hurr:

Those symbols under their eyes: Solar's double bar note, Moonbyul's sharp note, Wheein's G clef and Hwasa's F clef. Just add so much sass and MOOSICAL dramatic effect!!! And I'm here for it!!!! Those colored lips...the coors period!! The dramatic large hats...

And that organ/keyboard little tune in the background followed by their iconic Mama-Mama-Moooooohhhhhh...

I'm already so slayed you guys...   :raep:  :raep:

Edited by louis_francois
  • Like 1

I want wheein to drink without a milk carton cartoon (but that was lolz. thank you rbw)

I died at that milk carton cartoon!! 

Ahh that company though.. >>

Mamamoo speaking Japanese.

Solar is probably like 'yess, finally my lessons have paid off'

Lool it's almost now difficult for me to take Solar seriously when she speaks japanese. Cracking up all the way XD

Hello everyone!

I've never posted here before, so I thought I would now. I heard the song Woo Hoo for the first time on Spotify randomly today and have been obsessed (I'm still listening to it now :lol: ) They're really talented and have great voices! I wish I started listening to their music sooner.

I'm still pretty new to Mamamoo, so I don't know most of their songs still. Do they have any other good songs similar to Woo Hoo? ^^ I can already tell that I'll be a fan, so I'll probably visit this thread more in the future.

Loooove how each of these versatility queen's songs can bring different fans to the yard/radish field. 

You want R&B? They've got it!

You want powerhouse ballads? They've got it!

You want pop/retro? They've got it!

You want jazz/electroswing? They've got it!

You want hip-hop? They've got it!

You want bossanova infused smooth jazz? They've got it for you!

You want urban/pop bops? Hell yeah they have that too!!

Their broad appeal is everything and they only released 3 mini and 1 full albums...

:hurr:

• Like 4

I don't think Wheein is under appreciated..  :donthinkso:  I've found lots of people love Wheein and rightfully so (just take a look at the poll on this thread).

People love her for her personality AND her charms AND her voice (she can dance her ass off too), which it's been proven several time that she has the clearest and most stable voice in MAMAMOO especially during live performances. Her technique is, I think, the most trained and her tone is probably the most mainstream in the group (she'd sing chorus a lot of the times for instance but it'd be interesting to actually find out about that with stats). 

Like, these 4 girls add something so unique to this group. RBW did extremely well putting them together. And Wheein shines bright among them (like the others do).

:rlytearpls:

Edited by louis_francois
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Here is the entire Fan engagement + Hi-Touch + Selfie part. My arm was about to fall off XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aPT391vGxg

Hmmm, am I the only one thinking it's defiitely not healthy for then to have "Hi-Touched" soooo many people....

I mean, I would have loved to be part of it, but still..kinda weird. Or am I being salty..lol

• Dislike 1