Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hello, first time posting here. That teaser was crazy. Love Mamamoo. They can "digest" any songs or styles. Their Primary covers on radio were just HOLY COWsssss!

My favorite Kpop singers of all time. No bias but the whole four of them just great vocal. I love Hwasa's legs, though, to the extent that I would trade my arms to her legs. And I have beautiful arms. LOL

When will we  see the full MV???

Edited by MomoRinEeya
  • Like 6

the songs...just.... :rlytearpls:

what should i do...i don't know if i i'm should be happy with I Miss You good charting or not :rlytearpls: Rough get pushed

but one thing for sure....THE SONG IS JUST!!!!!!!!!!!! :rlytearpls: :rlytearpls:

CAN'T WAIT THE FULL ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rlytearpls:

Bc0mwrA.jpg

bye~ i'm alredy in afterlife....

*btw, i forgot who the first posting that radish pic, thanks btw lol

You need a mask to complete this daikon LOL

I couldn't listen to the song more than twice per day. It's too powerful and could kill me TWICE.

Will they release a physical album after all the singles are out next month?

actually, it could be earlier than that cuz usually idols record the show a week or two before their actual comeback so that their episode will be broadcast around the start of their promotions.

i think mamamoo's first recording was a bit late because the weekly idol PD's probably didn't know they were gonna get that popular with UOAY, so they didn't plan on inviting them earlier.

also the fact that the call center has opened up for mamamoo this early means they're probably gonna record soon too!

so i'm guessing maybe end of february/beginning of march?

but whenever it happens, i can't wait!! :ahmagah:

That sounds like lame. Weekly Idol usually sniffed out popularity pretty good.

Talking about shows... any of Mamamoo's agency trainees compete for Produce 101?

i have the feeling that Eunji and Ailee are flying around the world for events At The Moment. i highly doubt f/x will stay in Korea for New Year's coming up. They can manage on a weekday, pre-record, i guess?

Not getting my hopes up for this considering what happened the last time but hopefully Solar actually gets lines this time

Winner, 4Minute, AOA and Taeyeon will already have dropped their tracks by then. I can't think of anyone else who could potentially be a wall on the charts.

I'm hoping Mamamoo dominates March (and beyond) so there can be no excuse not to shower them in awards this year.

Also, their first UOAY stage has crossed the 2 million mark!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XaZQAZa8eA

For some reason it was retitled in Korean so I had trouble finding it at first

Nice find! Lovely, almost brilliant props-I miss those; never liked the artificial LED props that music shows use these days.

There's no doubt, in my mind, these Daikons are the most powerful girl group on stage and truly singing all-out. (Casual viewers might see that Mamamoo doesn't need dancers!) I'm sure other groups COULD do it, but these four CONNECT with audience/listeners with Pure joy and Love of music in their performance.

• Like 1

Exactly! I love Bossa Nova music. It's very calm and soothing. Sometimes I spend my afternoon listening to this type of music. Heaven is not hard to get actually. :lol:

Bonus:

WheePup destroying your bias list with this simple gif

4cbd9e4f19595b5f9c30b1b5fc4745d7f82e788e

:lub:

LOL

Really liking the vibe of Hometown, I've always preferred more mellow, slow songs and Mamamoo is perfect for these Bossa Nova-like songs.

-

Have to go to Korea tomorrow so I won't be able to catch any MMM updates, but at least I'll be able to see their appearances on TV in HD  :rlytearpls: Does anyone have a list of the airing dates of the shows they're appearing in next week?

I'm hiding my fan face now, and this is my critique face -as a lover of old tunes from Brasil, I think Bossa Nova-

1. Requires improvisation, which Mamamoo exceled.

2. Speaks for personal stories, which after watched the girls performed at Sugar Man, know they CAN fuse their own way into this genre.

3. Sets in an urban (usually middle class) kind of way.

So are Mamamoo the urban chics to slay it? Hell yeah. Sorry, I'm a fan after all... Love Bossa, Love Daikon.

Forgot to say, God I envy you to play snow with them!

Edited by MomoRinEeya

yas i thought of it and here are the songs i think they should make covers of:

BEG - sixth sense

Beg - abracadabra

2ne1 - if i were you

BEG - kill bill

nine muses - wild

Why all the BEG songs?

I was watching Music Bank online, and thought this would be the perfect song for Daikongirls! Like, the most popular song in Korea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJe_gOUsA2E

Those lyrics...Just like I thought, they make me love a song I was already jamming to about ten times more.

Nobody really talked about the lyrics, so I'll just say this... FREAKING BRILLIANT.

Like, intellect brilliance! Sounds like from a college professor, in fact! :ahmagah: :donthinkso: :datass: :ohpressor:

This is an example, as I'm double checking both English subs on youtube, and none of them translated the content as well as the last one in traditional Chinese.

Between 1:40 and 1:48, Wheein first said with hand-gun, "war under the well." It's a play of the famous quote by, I remember it's the ancient Taoist of Zhuangzi: A frog that lives under the well cannot see beyond its own well.

Short people are frogs croaking (fighting) to themselves but ignoring all the tall people around them!

Then Hwasa said with hand gesturing swimming, "like a fish in water," again it's a classic, I remember it's Confucian proverb: A leader finds the best help like a fish finds its water.

Besting all other short people is boosting her height, at least she feels this way.

You can find more play of puns in this song. Wow, I'm so impressed. There used to be a Chinese game for Lunar New Year when everyone tries to guess the right punchline and proverbs. Mamamoo just produced the perfect song for New Year! :raep:

En.Sub 1

En.Sub 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxtfEowoVM

Sub Korean script +Chinese sub (all hail the Taiwanese subber!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kjzjziStg

And what was the song title?[/center]

Her name is Song Sohee, she's a Korean folk singer :) And the songs were If This Night Passes by Im Jaebum and Each and Every Night by Insooni.

OMG. This is After This Night í´ë ˆì˜¤íŒŒíŠ¸ë¼ - ì´ ë°¤ì´ ì§€ë‚˜ë©´ also sung /interpreted by "Cleopatra" on Masked Singer!!!

If you know that was the legendary performance that totally revived classic Kpop. That's the thing I love about Mamamoo. They can interpret just as well as any legend.

They placed so much emotion and wittiness into their songs! I wasn't kidding when I posted here that Mamamoo can sing Hundred Year Old Life! And they don't need to be a 100 years old to sing it real!

Edited by MomoRinEeya

Her name is Song Sohee, she's a Korean folk singer

I just remembered where had I seen her? Running Man, of course! It's not "folk song" like Western folk songs, but Classical Korean songs, pre-Imperial Japan style (National Treasure songs, you know).

RM 2015.07.26 e 257. She's helping the "hero" if the hero completed her "perfect pitch" quiz.

The two teasers, and the Music Bank preview, wow, I mean, can't find a word for that. Wow.

Yes, I know what to say.

Trade my arms for Hwasa's legs. Trade my hair for Solar's breasts. I love my hair, too. Someone mentioned underwear c.m (CF)? Don't care now. She can wear three pieces of leaf on a naked body. They won't spoil a single thing (pun), nor any album with her voice.

Where can I preorder the album for international shipping (maybe poster inc.)?

Edited by MomoRinEeya
  • Like 1

Where can I preorder the album for international shipping (maybe poster inc.)?

Alright, some fan club already opened preorder inc. POSTER. Paid.

Moomooland, here I come!

I've been wondering about a translation for this fanclub. I usually call Moomoo "daikon." This probably won't bother most i-fans, but I think there's always an anti-Japan sentiment in Korea? The Korean government in the past tried to change all words inherited from Japan into something new (aside from "motorbike" and "takoyaki").

Daikon is a borrowed Japanese word to desribe this particular big, oval white-stem we eat but wildly popular in Asia. The smaller, "baseball shaped" red-root is what English speakers usually refer as "radish."

Just asking if it's OK to refer to Moomoo as daikon.

Lee Hi is slated for mid March I believe. Block B i'd say in the 2nd week of March. Looks like Mamamoo potentially has a one week window to get some wins if everything goes well

Why there's no faith in Mamamoo vs. Lee or Block B for a- I guess we want to see a first place in music show? They are totally different styles, right?

Yes it's about music show wins.

I'm....not going to do anything except buy the album soon-ish. Y'all make me feel like a bad fan for not wanting to bother with registering for music sites and music shows to vote lol

I'm not. I voted Mamamoo for best girl group for Mama, that's about it. Now I just pray my preorder poster will come unscathed. :unimpressed:

BlockB is one of the rare boygroups with fandom (phyiscals) and public recognition (digitals). Even though they've been gone for a while, Zico's only been getting bigger and bigger.

Lee Hi has been gone for 3 years, people have been waiting a long time.

Just on paper that's really really tough competition. Especially since we haven't heard Mamamoo's title track yet. A lot rides on how well people like the single.

I guess other than Zico, I really don't care know them LOL BUt yea, the new comeback will definitely jumpstart with Moomoo support.

I'm feeling more and more confident about how Mamamoo is going to slay with this full album comeback. Would love for all my predictions to end up being on the modest side compared to what they actually accomplish  :dave:

Maybe it's just my MooMoo Pride, but I feel like the K-Pop industry itself has been waiting with excitement for Mamamoo to finally make their comeback. 

They're going to reap the fruits of their labor last year. I just know it. We're a couple days away from their comeback and they're still performing at universities. Their work ethic and attention to detail is incredible. 

I'm so ready.

LOL. There's a telepathy around here! I saw this tweet and was thinking, "I'm feeling it coming, I can feel it, oh yes!"

Kpop is weird. Daikon girls are in reverse the normal veggies in this big farm artists in this industry. :happy:

aeFVfqT.png

Got it from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ozcwX-XIuw_v3a5E2L5HlLAt5yL5Tu58bBP_z7Txpfo/pubhtml#there's also a more detailed breakdown on how to vote in the spreadsheet

Tks for sharing!

The fact that there's a list + explanation IN ENGLISH proves how serious some Kpop fans see in the music charts. I don't think it matters that much these days.

New digital media, foreign concerts, and singers into dramas or other biz make the charts less relevant. The charts used to be the best way to approach a mass audience.

Of course, the girls will feel good if they win, because it's a proof of what they worked so hard -recognition of their performance.

Anyway, I'm wondering how long it takes for a preorder be shipped out of Korea, abroad? I can't wait for the album on hands! :stare:

Edited by MomoRinEeya
  • Like 1

Was just wondering, any particular order you guys want me to translate the songs in? Obviously I'll translate the title first, but should I go through them in track list order or are there any songs you want me to translate first?

The track list is:

1. Friday Night

2. Words Don't Come Easy

3. Taller Than You

4. Hometown

5. Funky Boy

6. Emotion

7. Just

8. Cat Fight

9. My Recipe

10. I Miss You

11. ë„Œ is 뭔들 | You're Best At Everything (Title)

12. Girl Crush

Thank you! I would love to read your sub on Funky Boy!! ... oh, I think Recipe was subbed on youtube. Had you checked it out?

Next week Weekly Idol preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU0uP3xsKhA&feature=youtu.be

prepare for their craziness

:ahmagah: :ahmagah: :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

For those fighting the music shows charting, BAP comeback also next week, be prepared for a roller coaster ride!

Edited by MomoRinEeya

Solar falling  :lol: she looked so pretty during the whole video  :lub:

I really hope Whasa is not aware and does not stress right before the comeback.. She's not using the word in her everyday life. She is SINGING. Ask the singers to not use it in songs if you don't want people using it. It's just ridiculous. People from different countries, different colors, different everything will hear and sing a song knowing all or nothing of america and the meanings and implications of a word. Non americans are not obligated to know why it's good or bad. If it's in the lyrics, blame the artist. I don't think she or any other person in the same situation should ever apologize for singing a song with the word on it. Don't fucking put it there or don't complain then and try to make a person fail. I'm more disappointed on moomoos than anything *sigh*

I tried to backtrack, but this is as far as I could. What's going onwith the "n" word???

hwasa

This is AWesome.

Write that as in HWasome! :ahmagah:

edit. This is my 800th post and dedicated to Mamamoo!!!!

As a celebration- Should I request the Hwasa badge or the WheeSa Shipper???

edit2. I'll go by WheeSa to match KJK b&w.

Edited by MomoRinEeya
  • Like 3

She did a cover on Beyoncé's song (don't know which), apparently there are 2 versions of the song, one of them has the n-word and that was the version she sang. Honestly, I don't see the problem, and I am black. But you know how some ppl are...

Tks! Being from Chicago, I know what that means.

It'll be a good idea to avoid situations like that (not to compare, but when we talk rascism, EXID's Hyeri was made fun of on an American show for an English line she responded. That was overblown, obviously).

I'm so going to play the MV everyday (hey, helps some music show counting it!), and praying for my album to arrive home safe.

Actually, I know Mnet/CJ had not announced their SECOND wave of artists for Kcon Japan. Me wishing Mamamoo in! :chu:

That exact same facial expression... Yeah I was taken aback when they sang that final line.

I was like...

shocked_moriarty.gif

Easy there, Sherlock!

Edited by MomoRinEeya