Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I can't believe I've only visited this thread now. As much as I dislike the name (I think it's silly and representative of Mamamoo's personalities though) I'm a moomoo. 

Ahh Oop got me so thirsty for the girls, anticipating them so much! 

• Like 1

Anyone else want to see them win a show on Immortal Song? All their perfs so far have slayed me, especially the first and last ones. I want them to be a top GG too and win some shows

they knOW, THEY kNOW???!?

gotta be on my game, no more perving from me  :derp:

Paranoid_1.gif.gif

MAMAMOO, WE LOVE YOU, YOU ALL ARE SO TALENTED AND WONDERFUL.  ALWAYS BE TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE, AND NEVER GIVE UP!!!

your .gif game is on fleek

Maybe it has already been posted here, but I'm too lazy to backtrack the thread  :lol: Everyone probably know these videos though, since they are from predebut, but still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iecQsOFojF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLK-WXCbh3w

Flawless.

I still don't understand if Wheein is the main or the lead dancer btw  :lol:  

your sig, DerpSoo!! He's like "Nopeee" then in the 2nd .gif "Noooope....yey he backed off I'm so proud of myself, did y'all see that? I resisted Hunnie!" Btw, where is that from?

Legsssss for days! 

Did no one tell them Funky Pink would sound better? :wth:  Or Pink Funk? Donghoon-ssi, where were you?
Edited by D.O.ngsaeng

I have decided to be lesbian for Moonbyul. 

Where do i sign up.

Do you like gender-bent Byulie? I feel like there'll be a bit of that in the new mv

btw, may I inquire what y'all are ashamed of? Have there been fanfic postings here?? HAHAHA Let's keep it in spoilers and hope they won't notice it..

happy 401 pages! (not quite, lol, soon)

Edited by D.O.ngsaeng

Slayyage!!!! I literally was O_O  0_0  @-@ the whole time! I didn't think there'd be another teaser, though I felt it gave a way a bit too much

I'm really liking it - it feels fresh and lively and just perfect for the summer. Also love love the dance; it seems like it's the most choreography they've ever had (maybe along with Peppermint Chocolate).

HwaSassy is in her element  :hurr:

(turns on confident-woman-mode) guuuurrrl, I see you! Yass!

I haven't seen the fancams, out of sheer will because...(dunno really).

I'm so hyped though. Will this be the year when Mamamoo becomes trendy idols too? I at least hope they get lots of attention, even mentions, or airtime! Please have them do radio guestings!

Edited by D.O.ngsaeng

I really don't think it's Solar either

yeah deffo not Solar. Solar has a unique pronunciation, and her techniques are more youthful compared to this singer's 

OMG OMG OMG

So much is right about this release!

The song is catchy, the concept + lyrics are even LGBT friendly, the mini album is pink and comes with a poster and even limited edition Mamamoo photocards, I'm just so in love with this comeback... I can't!

They have photocards? Finally! They're stepping up their promotion game, I swear that's one of the reasons EXO is famous for physical sales, their photocards and the fan obsession to have their bias'.

Now let's see some radio and variety appearances! I'd be open for SNL, if EXID can do it, why not Mamamoo? 

I'm kind of an album hound, so I made a write up on my experience of all of the popular online kpop shops for you guys who are thinking of preordering the mini (please do!).  Let me know if I missed one, or if you have any additional info I should add.

eBay (cited sellers)

• grapemusiccd

• silvercoldmetal

• ajoutool

• kpopmarket01

Usually a good bit more expensive, but quite dependable.  Will take under twenty-four hours to ship out.  Tracking number always included and the seller will usually listen to requests (like a preferred poster choice).  Options to buy rolled, folded, or no poster.  Customer service is top-notch, and packing is safe with an average arrival time of 11 days.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

KTOWN4U

Generally cheapest option, but with so-so service.  Usually takes over twenty-four hours to ship out.  You pay extra for tracking, but it usually still amounts to less than other shops.  Somewhat prone to mishaps, and oftentimes sketchy and/or unhelpful customer service.  Does not listen to requests.  Packing varies from bubble mailers to flimsy boxes.  Single albums come well-wrapped, multiple albums don’t (are usually stacked together and wrapped all around).  Options to buy rolled, folded, or no poster.  Arrival time from the cheapest shipping option ranges from two weeks to a month.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Kpopmart

Usually a few bucks over KTOWN4U, but still relatively inexpensive.  Usually takes over twenty-four hours to ship.  High shipping costs for least expensive option, offers no tracking.  Somewhat prone to mishaps, does not listen to requests.  Fair to mediocre customer service.  Always well packed (wrapped fully in bubble wrap and taped to the bottom of a sturdy box).  Options to buy rolled or no poster.  Arrival time from cheapest option is 12 days on average.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Kpoptown

I admit that I’ve always been leery of this site for an unexplainable reason, so I’ve never used it.  Friends of mine say it isn’t bad, but it really isn’t good either.  Prices are average to high.  They use packing peanuts.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Kpopplus

Sketchy site.  Just don’t buy here, I could hardly figure out anything about them.  There are tons of better options anyway.

Yesasia

Probably most expensive for single album purchases.  Free shipping for $40+ can be useful for multiple album purchases, but beware of inflated starting prices.  Usually takes over twenty-four hours to ship.  Sometimes-annoying customer service, tracking available for purchase.  Does not listen to requests.  Packing quality varies from item to item.  Options to buy rolled or no poster.  Arrival time from cheapest option is 14 days on average.  Counts on both Gaon and Hanteo.

Mwave Shop (non Meet&Greet)

Inflated starting prices, but free shipping on orders over $25 with added tracking available for purchase.  Usually takes a while to ship out, but it varies.  Fair customer service.  Packing usually consists of a thinly bubble wrapped album in a sturdy box or a thickly wrapped album in a pink HDPE mailer.  Arrival time is 9 days on average.  Counts on Gaon, Hanteo, and M!Countdown charts.

noice, thanks for the info!

CHxCNtqVEAAP3Lx.jpg

am I the only one who thinks this looks funny?? OTL why did they release this picture?

Lots of people on tumblr are saying that Whee in and Hwa Sa are appropriating black culture for what they have posted on the Fan Cafe. I do agree that they are but I don't think they mean it in the way that people are making it seem on tumblr. People on tumblr are say that they are making fun of Black people (obviously not true) and they are also bringing up the fact that they made fun of Black hairstyles again in the Ah Oop music video. All I have to say on this issue is that people on tumblr always try to be all social justicy soemtimes and make situations bigger then they need to be. I'm not trying to be one of those annoying kpop fans who defend their favorite idols over everything I just think that MAMAMOO aren't doing these things on purpos. I also thought it was really dumb that people are bringing up their Ah Oop video becuase they most likely dont have that much control on their music videos.

This post was so long :0

omfg, lots of vocal tumblr people are tweens/pre-adolescents who like to think they have the one and only correct perspective in the world and that they have the right to judge other people. They read, not only in between the lines, but in between the dots. They see what they want to see. smh, it was obviously because of the hairstyle (that hairstyle is more commonly worn by blacks anyway, you'd have to dig a bit hard to find a non-black person with the same hairstyle and similarly funny face) 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I'm afraid people will say it's too sexy... I mean, MAMAMOO has always been sexy.. But I can't stop looking at her boobs and *-*

As for the photo issue, I saw it coming but I thought simple logic would show that it's not "race" related. It's about hair since the common point between Hwa Sa and the man is the hair. Hwa Sa posted a small dog with crazy fur to say that's what WheeIn looks like to joke obviously.

It would be more problematic if the images were inversed as if saying that it's worse to be black with that type of hair styling than a dog with crazy fur. Y'know what I'm saying ? It's easier to find black people with kinky curls a bit like HwaSa's than white/Asian people with that hair. So I guess she probably saw the image and thought of HwaSa and used it as a joke.

I usually don't defend my favs if they do something problematic, but it's stupid to witch hunt MAMAMOO when it wasn't even a legit problem to begin with.

truth

there seems to be a discord in your sig, is Hwasa discussing ideas with us then?  :imstupid:

New fan of Mamamoo there  :smile:

Piano Man is my jam since one week, I can't stop listening to it tbh. I love Solar so much even though Moonbyul is my bias (but seriously, they're all cutiepies, it's hard to make a choice). I'll definitely buy their albums soon, and look forward their comeback!

Welcome! tjM63Ni.gif 

I didn't even know there was a "controversy" lol.

But people should realise by now that this is standard ifan and internet/tumblr reaction; everything is blown up to the nth degree. People have lost the real sense of what an actual controversy is or what what racism; cultural appropriation is the buzz word right now so it's unsurprising that they want to throw it at any and everything.

Not that it should matter but I bet most of these people screaming racism aren't even black. And as an actual black person I find it funny that a lot of ifans (of other races) on the internet are always grandstanding and trying to tell me what I should be offended by and "fighting on others behalf". Like please take seat  :rolleyes:

exactly, it's become the new white man's burden to be offended for a black person (like, wut even???). 

EDIT: I bet most of these aren't even Mamamoo stanners or heavy kpop listeners though, they just jumped on it cuz they read the "It word". I be waiting for my sleigh-age to drag me on the floor, good night for now.

Edited by D.O.ngsaeng
  • Like 2

I'm only going to comment on this once, because I feel like this issue is stealing attention away from what will be a glorious comeback from Mamamoo.

I'm not going to say the following as a fan trying to defend their favorite artist at all costs. I say this as a rational human being. It's absolutely ridiculous how some people are dragging the Wheein/Hwasa exchange out of context and twisting it into something racial. Many of the people misconstruing their pic battle can't even figure out which picture was sent by whom, let alone decode some type of hidden racism.

Racial insensitivity can be a problem in K-pop, and I'll be the one of the first in line to call it out when I see it anywhere (not just Kpop), but really? There's literally nothing offensive about their "fight." Wheein found a picture of a guy who had a similar hairstyle to Hwasa because she found the noodle hair on her to look funny. Why make it more than that? Jerry Seinfeld was on to something when he said this up and coming generation is almost too PC. People go on witch hunting campaigns against anything that could potentially be read as offensive.

I'm just waiting to hear from the Canine Voices Matter Association to start complaining about how puppies everywhere were offended by Hwasa's demeaning photo. Like, really? There are so many racially charged issues that get no attention whatsoever from these social justice warriors, yet they want to stir the pot over...this? None of the accusations make even the slightest bit of sense. None of these kids know anything about culture or appropriation apparently.

Anyway, I'm actually glad Mamamoo will be coming back with all of these girl group titans. They are talented enough to stand on the same stage as any of them, and it will be fun to watch them be the underdogs in a jam-packed summer. Consider just how much attention Mamamoo is going to get from these incredible songs, and how much more attention they'll get if they rise against all odds and the Korean public falls in love with their single during this promotion cycle.

Mamamoo manages to be unique with a signature sound and palpable talent, and for them to have that after now just one year, will be a huge plus. They're that good!

As an aside, there really doesn't exist an audience Hwasa doesn't try to hype up mid-performance. Not even at their private showcase. Whether it's a crowd of excited Moomoos or a bunch of press snapping pictures for their articles, Hwasa brings her sass game every time

I keep forgetting it's only been 1 year  :omg: . From Don't be Happy with Bumkey to Peppermint Chocolate, to Ahh Oop, to Immortal Song. I really want Korea to bop to the song!

Agree with everything you said, and Seinfeld was right (I'd never heard about what he said). This really is good night, bye guys.

um, oh, ah, YASS  THIS. IS. THE. BOP!

the MV, the crazy stalker bish Solar, the bishin Moonbyul, the dorky maknae Whee In, the crazy horny Hwa Sa (sorry for calling you horny noona)

YES YES YES, I can't wait for performances! 

tjM63Ni.gif

08IIDN0.gif

Edited by D.O.ngsaeng