• Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I've been following this thread religiously since Piano Man promotions but I've finally decided to stop lurking and join the convo~ Helloooooo 

Welcome!

Feel free to post more in the future  :smile:

Welcome!!! Enjoy the thread... :)

Thank you! I made an account just so I could fangirl with more moo moos haha  :smile:

That damn freaking dance move!

Solar said she was bad at dance but hell girl, you slay me here!

Is Moon Byul freestyling? If she is,  :omg:  I expected Whee In to bust a move or two with Moon Byul too but lel nah

Welcome~

I just joined yesterday too lmao

Ayyy, Welcome to you too! 

Hello everyone. I'm new to this thread and finally want to join the convo.

Solar%2BWinehouse.jpg

Solar looks freaking amazing.

Welcome to you as well~~~ 

Thank you as always, yoongi! So Moonbyul really was freestyling  :lub: I can't handle how talented these girls are  :ilove:  

Haha this thread is bringing all the lurkers out of lurkdom  :rlytearpls:  (me included)

The convos here are nice and friendly, y'all are great to talk to :chu:  

Also some of the pictures can't be used since they are fan taken.

I see, I see, I didn't know that. I'm new at this stuff, sorry >< 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyPe-_FCBEQ

They had a great song, I liked their vocals and performance were good as usual, but the arrangement wasn't that great. When they had the cane dance the whole thing stopped and a completely different performance started and that took me out of it.

Whoever did the arrangement for them (it wasn't Don Spike like the last two times) needs to not do that again. 

EDIT: 

Things I like in this performance 

#1 the beginning

#2 Moonbyul and Hwa Sa rapping (I want this to happen in one of their own songs, please ;__;)

#3 the end (kiss kiss kiss)

#4 Solar's voice before the cane dance break 

I agree, the dance break threw everything off and it wasn't as smooth of a transition as Don Spike's arrangements 

Edited by dalivanpicasso

Yeah me to. But the one that really stole my heart was row 7 the last two badges. I saw the picture and fell all over again for her dimples.

I'll try to make more otp badges tomorrow (.....or well today it's 2am ahahaha should be sleeping hahaha)

They look amazing! I did too.   :rlytearpls:

that entire photo shoot made my heart melt, they're so cute  :chu:

I feel something missing from their last performance but I can't name it  :._.:  But thanks, you made a point. Hwasassy ad-libs was so fiery in the first two performances. I like their first performance better than the last one. Hmmm, can we have Mamamoo collab with Son Seungyeon in the near future?  :lub:

But still, I love Mamamoo very much. They're super talented. I hope they can reach #1 in music shows this year and appear more often on variety shows. MMTV is not enough for me  :rlytearpls:

Your gif is awesome. Can I save it?

Welcome to the thread ~~ 

Anyways, no need to fret. it seems Immortal Songs and its audience love them a lot so chances of them coming back again and again are pretty high, haha. (heck they're already coming back on the 23rd!) It's nice to see them experimenting to see what works and what doesn't, at least. 

They seem to have a pretty empty schedule for March til then. Hopefully they're preparing their album and getting some rest as well.  :smile:

I agree with everyone saying they shouldn't deviate too much from their music style. I think it's a great way to build their own colour in kpop and make them more identifiable.

Tbh, I don't think we have to worry about their musical direction so far since they're under Kim Do Hoon. His tracks seem to have a consistent sound and he knows how to make it work, same with Esna. (and the music they create together are amazing) 

• Like 2

The thing is they have already ventured out into many genres.  Their debut album "Hello" was a mix of genres.  "PIano Man" and "Gentleman" were two different genres.  Let's not forget "Love Lane", "Peppermint Chocolate", and their covers.  They've expressed wanting to try different things and working with different people.  The girls are not limited by any means.

The brilliance of Mamamoo's "musical style" is that they can make any genre their own by mixing in their jazzy sounds.  They're not restricted by genres because their musical style is "Mamamoo".  In my thinking, the girls are changing the way people view idol groups.  They came out as singers and want the world to know it.  From the moment I heard "Hello" I knew I found something special in an idol group.  Trust in Mamamoo, because I really don't think we've seen anything yet.  :)

I went back and listened to their songs and their covers again and they really do have an unmistakable "mamamoo" feel to them. They've somehow incorporated their jazzy, soulful voices into so many different genres and made it their own and it sounds wonderful and so.....mamamoo. I think their chemistry as a group is something you don't easily find anywhere else. 

Edited by dalivanpicasso
  • Like 2

GUYS!!! IT'S OUT AND IT'S 16 GLORIOUS MINUTES LONG  :lub:  :lub:  :lub:

mamamoo getting turnt up to born hater changed my life. Also it seems they've moved to a new building!

Edited by dalivanpicasso
  • Like 7

Should someone make a separate thread about it? The world has to see how perfection created 

I'd do it but I'm not good at PR work and idk what to say, heh. 

Edited by dalivanpicasso

Does anyone know where to find the lyrics for any of Mamamoo's IS2 performances' songs (not necessarily MMM's rendition, the lyrics to the original are fine)? 

Here is Wait a Minute~ http://www.shineee.net/?showtopic=47108 

Couldn't find the other song  :cry:

Here's Flying Deep Into the Night

(also KBS world is most likely going to upload the full episode with subs for that later today  :smile: )

Edited by dalivanpicasso

"Mamamoo comeback in early April"

1arr24e.gif

Let me get ready

HS3f37E.gif8LHcjjn.gifdftEugt.gif

"Project Single"

VlJHPK3.gif

What's that supposed to mean? 

Let the speculation begin.

Panndaru (or @pandornicamoo on twitter) who I totally believe called a comeback in early april (due to that being when the episode of Immortal Songs they're recording this month will be broadcast), has a theory that 'project single' could mean a collaboration track.

It makes sense, they've release project singles before and they were all collaborations. 

Also WAEnt (or Rainbow Bridge World) has a good track record with collaborations, both for Mamamoo (Peppermint Chocolate) and for everyone else (Some, The Space Between, basically all of Starships collab songs for the past 2-3 years). 

And the collab thing worked for fellow rookie artist Crush, so why not?

That's one theory, anyways.

So it's gonna be like Soyu and Junggigo's "Some" where they still promote it on music shows but it's only a project single, yea? 

I guess it sounds like this comeback will be more of a teaser for their full album which will most likely come out later this year (probably around the summer time around their debut date or a bit earlier,) since they know they have to come back now to keep the momentum they've been getting from their Immortal Songs appearances. 

Thank you once again for your hard work, Yoongi and team.  :smile:

Their blatant honesty is so endearing and cute I love it lmao. Also, the fans teasing Moonbyul with choosing Krystal as her ideal type before was so  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah: her reaction was adorable. I love them so much, April needs to come quicker!! 

B__lko5WgAAYLwO.png

I KEEP LAUGHING AT MOONBYUL'S REACTION TO THIS QUESTION

• Like 1

They are so surprisingly honest haha... Hwa Sa and Moonbyul are really outspoken too and don't have trouble talking about anything and about other members, Whee In as always the most reserved one (I think she doesn't feel so confident in these show-like settings, because when she's only with them, she's a whole another story) but Solar always gives politically correct answers to the questions about the other three. Love their approach and I hope they'll keep it in the future too!

That Krystal as ideal type was really random... what's the story there?  :lol:

A fan asked who Moonbyul's Ideal type was before somewhere (I think it was in their fancafe or at a fansign) and she answered Krystal so the fans started spamming their fancafe with pictures of Krystal lol 

• Like 1

Don't worry lol. I didn't mind it. It had happen before.

PS: if you really don't know the genre. Go to their profiles. Mostly people have it written down (like me) and if not than just do he/she.

Edit: Okay so these are the Hwasa's so far.

tumblr_nhvqeuxWGU1rj1gdko1_r61_1280.jpg

Though I think some can't be used like 8, 11, 13, 14 and 19

11 is the best one for me too~

Okay so my badges aren't as nice looking and professional as 9Girls, but I tried..:

lTYNmsE.pngYnMk0Kn.pngEDCJNj6.pngcpRUQlG.pngrpnpmPv.pngtpn4liG.pngloS4Uca.pngOxvXkwp.pngGCxd60g.png6R0e57i.pngy3RBFOh.pngpKcPSby.png

tpn4liG.png

this one's my favourite one too~

Sooo they just dropped MMMTV6 and it's 11 minutes ~

It gets really embarrassing at the end I can't with these girls

Note: I'm super glad they were wearing their seat belts.

• Like 2

So over the course of the past day I must have watched the latest MMMTV 10 times. I think this episode and last episode are my favorite ones. Episode 5 we got to see the ~native stone~ idols at work, while in Episode 6, we just got to see them goof around (though Hwa Sa was working on kpop planet stuff at the end there).

I saw someone point out on twitter that Sugar Daddy snippet is probably practice of a new cover we have yet to hear not only because of Moonbyul's rap (original song is in English and has no rap) but the other members do their signature 'mama mama moo' (so you know it's real). 

I feel you, I've watched the new episode so many times since it came out.

(if the thoughts were disorganized and barely made sense grammatically, those tweets you're referring to were probably mine lmao)