Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Things have slowed down in here (calm before the comeback storm), so I think now is as good a time as any to pop my head in this topic and say hello. I've been lurking in this thread since around August, when I finally caved in to listen to a monster rookie group that i needed to see and hear to believe. I have zero regrets and have been spreading the Gospel of Moo all over, because Mamamoo is just fantastic in all areas. 

At first, Mamamoo was a top three new girl group for me. Then they surged ahead of even my previous favorite, Bestie (still love them). Now they're one of my favorite groups period--no qualifier necessary.

So I think greeting everyone here officially has been long overdue. I've spoken to a few of you in that chatroom that was created for their Piano Man comeback, but that doesn't really count. I actually never planned to post at OneHallyu...ever, but Mamamoo and this topic compelled me to make an account.

Oh, and as someone who has been tracking this thread for months, Yoongi; Sparkilene and Rookiestalker, your dedication to all things Mamamoo is very much appreciated, especially Yoongi for the amazingly quick translations I'm used to waiting weeks for, with other groups. You spoil us very badly.

I tend to run long, so I want to cut myself off here before I start to ramble any further, but Mamamoo is basically the group I've been searching for in K-Pop since I was introduced to 2NE1. I know the two groups are nothing a like in terms of their music, but it's the stage presence, power and confidence that grabs my attention on top of the awesome music. Mamamoo is the best I've seen since 2NE1.

I'll just end with my thoughts on each member

Solar really is like the vitamin or sunshine of the group. And possibly clinically insane too, but that's what I love about Solar aside from her incredible high notes.

Moonbyul is just cool. No other way to put it. And is there any rapper in K-Pop who has to improvise more rap lyrics than Moonbyul and actually manages to pull it off like she does? She's amazing.

Wheein is freakishly talented and you can tell she grew up in a music family. She's like a mini-Solar in that she has a whole lot of unexpected crazy. She's one half of the best Maknae line in K-Pop

Hwasa(ss)'s reputation almost precedes her at this point. She's versatile, she's confident, she owns the stage and she likes pink panties. What's not to love about her? The other three members are special, but Hwasa brings the extra "oomph" the group needs.

It's been months and I still don't have a true bias member, so I may settle on a rotating bias per comeback.

Well I'm done rambling. I could go on for a long while. I'll end it with this: Like you all, Mamamoo has completely won me over and I can't wait to see what great music they'll continue to bring to a table of an already impressive collection of songs.

• Like 7

I love this post! Why did you wait so long to post here, friend???  :cry:

Hope you will post a lot in the future! The more Moo Moos the better  :ohla:

I honestly never planned to be more than a lurker on this site, because I'm active enough on other forums, but I couldn't resist. Mamamoo and you all are just that charming, I suppose :meow:

I probably will! There really aren't enough Moo Moos (I'm usually flying solo) in the other message boards I post on, so I plan to post here regularly!

Yes! I've been waiting so long for this fourth appearance. I figured the date had to be approaching soon. Is it 3/30? 3/31? I'm glad they're going for a performance where they can show off their vocals a little more seemingly.

It's cool 15& will be there too. They'll probably impress as much as anyone. Hoping Mamamoo gets a win finally! It would be amazing timing if they could get the W right before their comeback.

CBLs1I7VAAArDXV.jpg

Hwa Sa: Hello. It’s been a while since I came here, so [here’s a photo] of me glaring at MooMoo.

cr:@MamaMooTrans

Um... :shock:

I'm going to love this comeback.

I honestly never planned to be more than a lurker on this site, because I'm active enough on other forums, but I couldn't resist. Mamamoo and you all are just that charming, I suppose :meow:

I probably will! There really aren't enough Moo Moos (I'm usually flying solo) in the other message boards I post on, so I plan to post here regularly!

Yes! I've been waiting so long for this fourth appearance. I figured the date had to be approaching soon. Is it 3/30? 3/31? I'm glad they're going for a performance where they can show off their vocals a little more seemingly.

It's cool 15& will be there too. They'll probably impress as much as anyone. Hoping Mamamoo gets a win finally! It would be amazing timing if they could get the W right before their comeback.

Um... :shock:

I'm going to love this comeback.

Argh. That's too long! Well it'll be a fun week of Mamamoo at the very least. I shall pray for the slay at all events they attend.

Really like the teaser. Got those 60's colourful vibes  :ahmagah:  I like how they stick to the retro concept but travel around the different eras, visually and musically.

I love that Mamamoo is making that retro style into one of their signature concepts, but I hope the versatility of these lovely ladies is fully explored at some point. They can really get the best out of almost any genre you could place them in, and I'm really hoping for a song like Don't Be Happy at some point. Mr. Ambiguous is what grabbed my attention originally and made me think "Wow, these girls have some great talents and amazing potential" but Don't Be Happy made me say "I will now stan", along with their unrivaled live performances.

I also would like to see them take on something that blends R&B and Hip-Hop. They can definitely own that concept, with Moonbyul and Hwasa dropping bars while Solar and Wheein power the track along with their vocals.

Ahhh, so much awesome Mamamoo has yet to show us.

This is a big couple of days coming up. If they can get a strong positive reaction to their single, and if they can outdo themselves again on IMS2, Mamamoo could get the huge break we're all hoping for.

• Like 2

Oh shit, this is happening sooner than expected. Mamamoo comeback at 11:00 pm EST? In a couple hours?!

• Like 1

Taking a break from the chat to say this track is HOT. Every member owned their part, Esna was fantastic and the build-up from the start of the song up until that amazing climax is perfect.

They are going to destroy the stages of every music show they go to.

• Like 1

The crowd knew what was up. So much hype when Mamamoo walked out on the stage. This is going to be an awesome promotion cycle.

They're on fire!  :ahmagah:

The video was taken down before I could watch it. Dammit all!

I forgot this was the debut of MC Solar, or I would've watched the live stream. I know these things are highly scripted, but how did she do?

Someone post the performance of today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4XF2Ud34cw

They cut the performance a smidge, but all we lost out on was a little bit of the Esna/Hwasa banter.

Solar is so cute :lol:

I knew a compilation wouldn't take too long!

• Like 1

So how has Ah Oop been charting? Last I heard it was in the top 20 on Melon. Has it held serve?

Why did I never make the Elsa/Anna connection? Genius! Thanks for the interview, MRJKPOP. Good stuff as always.

• Like 1

So Coffee & Tea debuted at #45 on melon last night and right now its at #23, But I'm pretty sure it broke the Top 20 because it says it fell down 5 spaces to #23

its doing pretty well.

EDIT: I was told their peak was #18

Not anymore! It's currently sitting at 14. Strong debut and maybe a good sign for the full Mamamoo comeback

• Like 1

Fuccccccccckkkkkkkkkk!!

yroZZCh.png

No! NO! NOOO!! My poor heart is exploding! Damn! Damn! WHy?!

Ghhh..!! GHHH!!!

That hand on thigh

that neck grab..

:megusta: :megusta: :megusta: :megusta:

bNmgeTC.gif

• Like 1

My favorite part:

All the parts.

Maknae line were really feeling each other throughout that performance too. Literally.

The lives for this song will be so amazing.

Can't wait for the mini!

Should somebody make a topic for the performance?

Edited by YamaChan

I'm only going to comment on this once, because I feel like this issue is stealing attention away from what will be a glorious comeback from Mamamoo.

I'm not going to say the following as a fan trying to defend their favorite artist at all costs. I say this as a rational human being. It's absolutely ridiculous how some people are dragging the Wheein/Hwasa exchange out of context and twisting it into something racial. Many of the people misconstruing their pic battle can't even figure out which picture was sent by whom, let alone decode some type of hidden racism.

Racial insensitivity can be a problem in K-pop, and I'll be the one of the first in line to call it out when I see it anywhere (not just Kpop), but really? There's literally nothing offensive about their "fight." Wheein found a picture of a guy who had a similar hairstyle to Hwasa because she found the noodle hair on her to look funny. Why make it more than that? Jerry Seinfeld was on to something when he said this up and coming generation is almost too PC. People go on witch hunting campaigns against anything that could potentially be read as offensive.

I'm just waiting to hear from the Canine Voices Matter Association to start complaining about how puppies everywhere were offended by Hwasa's demeaning photo. Like, really? There are so many racially charged issues that get no attention whatsoever from these social justice warriors, yet they want to stir the pot over...this? None of the accusations make even the slightest bit of sense. None of these kids know anything about culture or appropriation apparently.

Anyway, I'm actually glad Mamamoo will be coming back with all of these girl group titans. They are talented enough to stand on the same stage as any of them, and it will be fun to watch them be the underdogs in a jam-packed summer. Consider just how much attention Mamamoo is going to get from these incredible songs, and how much more attention they'll get if they rise against all odds and the Korean public falls in love with their single during this promotion cycle.

Mamamoo manages to be unique with a signature sound and palpable talent, and for them to have that after now just one year, will be a huge plus. They're that good!

As an aside, there really doesn't exist an audience Hwasa doesn't try to hype up mid-performance. Not even at their private showcase. Whether it's a crowd of excited Moomoos or a bunch of press snapping pictures for their articles, Hwasa brings her sass game every time

• Like 3

Mamamoo really have carved such a strong niche out for themselves in such a short time! As we celebrate their 1-year anniversary and incredible single a mini-album, I think it's the perfect time to reflect how much they've accomplished in a year. And "Um Oh Ah Yeah" is their strongest debut on the charts to date.

Can't wait for the lives.

Is it naive to hope for a Hwasa direct m/v of Freakin Shoes? They already have the choreography!

When do the music show performances start? Tomorrow night?

Um Oh Ah Yeah is 1 spot away from cracking the top 20! It's happening!

Edited by YamaChan

Mamamoo officially has a top 20 song!

Um Oh Ah Yeah has popped to 19 on the melon!

EDIT: Make that 17! Can...can it possibly crack the top 10?! With Big Bang and Exo battling at the top? Now THAT would be impressive.

Edited by YamaChan

Let's stop wasting valuable Mamamoo stanning space on delusional SJWs, people. There's more important things to talk about...Like Mamamoo rising to 16 on the Melon! Can they crack the top 15?! Maybe top 10 isn't a delusion?!

The real question will be the song's staying power in the upcoming onslaught of girl group releases and Big Bang releasing the D, but I'ma enjoy this ride to relevance

Edited by YamaChan
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

The performance (I can't wait to share loool)

Edit: Adding the official upload by KBS. Coz the one I posted earlier was blocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XaZQAZa8eA&feature=youtu.be

The fanchant though... and People jamming to their song in the waiting area omg I feel like crying :cry: :cry:  Mamamoo... Just fly high, Mamamoo

That...was...GLORIOUS!

I loved everything about this stage, especially the cuts to the backstage crew and very puzzled cameraman

I wish I could stay and gush all day about this comeback, but work calls. So I just want to make one more comment about the hot start to this comeback, as I'll be gone until late this evening.

I don't usually care much about charting, and I think as long as the music is made well and sales well enough, that's all that matters, but I am obsessing a little over how well Mamamoo is charting.

For once, the Korean public is getting it right. Mamamoo is just a year removed from their official debut, and they're already topping charts and cracking the top 15 of the biggest digital chart in South Korea. What makes it stand out to me, moreso than any other rise, is that they stayed true to themselves to accomplish the amazing feat.

They didn't sell out to a particular concept. They didn't have to go "viral" to get deserved recognition. They don't have a huge company (or even close) backing them. They relied exclusively on their obvious talents and passion for music and performance. That's a gamble a lot of other groups have tried and failed at, but the Mamamoo/Kim Do Hoon combo has won that gamble, and I think it's because the public, and their peers (like Hyuna), can see how much they truly enjoy what they're doing and the high quality music they continue to release as a result.

I don't say the above paragraph to throw shade at any groups; I say that as a fan of those groups, who is annoyed it took those things for them to make their name widely known, but Mamamoo has proven that talent can take you far, if you have a brilliant mind like their CEO to navigate Korea's tough music scene.

In short, Mamamoo is rising from "nugudom" to hopefully eventual stardom, and it's been accomplished in a way more groups hopefully are able to achieve going forward: with their music talent.

That's my soliloquy for the day. I have others for other days. This was an awesome morning. Later all!

• Like 4

This is so amazing I have to post from work. To see one of my favorite groups in EXID promote my favorite new group in mamamoo. The feels are REAL

Holy shit. A music show win is possible. Possible!