5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

So so proud of these girls! Well deserved. I'm really happy for them  :chu:

*unlurks*

I'm so excited but they're releasing it early morning here and I don't know whether to go to sleep and wake up early or stay awake and walk around like a zombie tomorrow. 

Anyway I've been interested in Mamamoo since Don't be happy came out. I was honestly blown away when I heard it. Their voices, the song, the style, everything was so right up my alley and not something I saw much in other girl groups.  I truly became a fan during Mr.Ambiguous and Piano Man because not only were the songs amazing but the girls are so full of talent and energy and they put on such great performances. I also really like their group dynamic and they're so fun to watch when they're being their usual random selves. 

I'm mostly just lurking and backtracking on this thread but I thought this would be a good time to comment and join in now with their comeback only hours away :ahmagah:  

• Like 1

Thanks for unlurking  :ninja:

Glad I did :chu:

Esna posted this on her facebook just now:

7MRWMWP.jpg

She looks amazing!

I'm awake! Only few minutes now!

I'm trying to get my laptop to work. It's nightmare.

Edited by Miss.Miss

The song and MV is so good, they really worked this concept so well. I can wait to see them perform this. Also Moonbyul was on fire :ahmagah:

• Like 1

I really can't wait to see the performance for this with them being all sassy. 

I can't stream so I hope someone will upload their performance.

I agree about the chorus. After hearing the teaser I was expecting the chorus to have that same fire and energy throughout so on first listen that threw me off because I kept waiting for it.

I'm replaying that performance until forever :ahmagah:  

It was awesome and elevated the song. I love their red outfits, they all look great, they all sound good. I think Esna's voice adds a different kind richness to the song. Also it's not really a feature but a collab since it's Mamamoo+1 so Esna's role is just as big and important as Mamamoo.

All of them are great but Moonbyul continues to impress me more. I'm feeling I'll love the song even more after every performance because they just know how to highlight the best bit of every song.   

• Like 1

Yaaasssss!! Finally!

Solar will be special MC for this week's Music Core (Can I request her to wear that fluffy skirt? With normal make-up and Solariana Grande hairdo)...

So what does this special MC do exactly? Does she MC alongside the original MCs, or does she go around doing interview? I kinda want her to interview Jei, so I can look at their face side-by-side and admire the similarity :imstupid: And I really want to see Mamamoo's interaction with other girl groups in this promotion round

Wow this is good news. I think special MC might mean she's just MC on that day only and will probably do it alongside another MC. I'm not really sure about but either way Solar will do a great job.

I'm so excited! I was thinking it would be a while before they comeback after Ahh Oop but it's in May :ahmagah:

Double post.. but whatever :imstupid:

Music Bank performance today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTup7Minmc0

Hwa-Sa's sassiness fit the body and dress well

Perfect! The camera work is a lot better here and I like their colourful outfits. 

I really really love this. I watch this on livestream and got chills. This is my favourite among all their performance, their voices blending together and the high notes and adlibs and Hwa Sa's doing that whistle register.. omg..

but they lost to Norazo.It's really a disadvantage to be the first performer.

edit: changed the link to official upload by kbs

This was such an amazing performance and I think it's also Hwasa's best performance yet. They all as a group have such a great sense with music. I'm in awe at how simple and beautiful it all sounded. I think IS is such a great opportunity for them as singers because it allows them to challenge themselves and they've matured so much with their vocals.

I also love Moonbyul part so much. I love how she raps to match the feeling and mood of the song. 

Edited by Miss.Miss
  • Like 1

Today's performance was so beautiful. I think it might my favourite of this song so far. Moonbyul really got to shine even more this time and Whee In was extremely cute. For some reason the part where Whee In beats her chest after they have amped up the chorus has become my favourite. It's like you can feel the heartbeat with the way she sings it. Also these are my favourite outfits and so glad the camera focused on all the important parts. I missed eSNa's rich voice but the girls still did extremely well.

Hwasa's pigtails  :lub:

• Like 1

They're all looking so gorgeous for today's performance. Love those white jeans. Is there an upload of their performance? 

Also I have even more respect for eSNa and I hope she'll work with Mamamoo and be a mentor and a friend for a long time. 

They all have great figures! 

I don't like Solar new skirt but I still like the quirky colourful style and the performance was really nice.

I'm excited and also nervous to see what their new style will be for the upcoming album. I'm hoping for some RnB style but I'll be fine with anything as long it's not forced and messy though from what I've seen of them and their company so far I doubt it would go that way. 

Happy Birthday Whee In!

tumblr_ne2hqpjKMJ1sk2kqwo1_250.giftumblr_ne2hqpjKMJ1sk2kqwo3_250.gif

tumblr_ne2hqpjKMJ1sk2kqwo5_250.giftumblr_ne2hqpjKMJ1sk2kqwo2_250.gif

tumblr_ne2hqpjKMJ1sk2kqwo4_250.giftumblr_ne2hqpjKMJ1sk2kqwo6_250.gif

tumblr_nm5wpuCUWH1sy8x5ho2_250.giftumblr_nm5wpuCUWH1sy8x5ho3_250.gif

tumblr_nm5wpuCUWH1sy8x5ho4_250.giftumblr_nm5wpuCUWH1sy8x5ho1_250.gif

cr

• Like 2

MMMRJKPOP

mrjkpop%20mmo2%201.png

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Coming soon.

Ah sorry I negged you when I meant to upvote  :blush:

I'm really excited for this! Looking forward to what you've got in store for us.

And about Moonbyul maybe it's because many groups don't bother with harmony so people underestimate it's value. I find this weird because that's one of the main advantages of being a group instead of solo and how good your voices blend together add a special quality to the songs that you can't just do on your own. Anyway aside from being a rapper, dancer and  choreographer, Moonbyul plays a valuable role in creating that special richness to Mamamoo's harmonies. Sure I would like her to get more opportunities to sing on her own and shine but definitely her role in the group should not be underestimated. Sometmes I think some people's perfect idea of a group is basically to have a random bunch of their favourite soloists singing together without any thought on harmony or group dynamic/cohesiveness when actually these are the things that make groups special. I would say each member of Mamamoo contributes very well to making them a well balanced group.

• Like 7

OHMYGOD YASSSSS  :la:  :la:  :la:  :la:  :la:  :la: 

I was hoping they would make a remix of Piano Man. IT'S AWESOME  :lub: 

This is great! Especially when Moonbyul's rap comes in I think the beats really suits her style.

Thank you so much for the interview. Love it.

WA Ent's twitter today :

?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile274.uf.daum.net

Mamamoo's new OST "Self-Camera" was played in SBS show "Some Guy Some Girl" yesterday. I bet the new song will be included in their new album

And here's the preview (audio) excerpt from the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhN_3o8Iaeg&feature=youtu.be

Sounds so grroooovvvyyyyy! :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

And it cuts just right at Moonbyul's part :._.: But this will the first OST with Moonbyul's rap so yeay again! :ahmagah:

OMG! Praying they're going with a groovy R&B style for their comeback. I like what I hear so far  :ahmagah:

CE-HHx8UsAAIdY1.jpg

:stare:

June, I'm so excited :ahmagah: I want to see what their new style will be. Really looking forward to it.

Just saw Solar is releasing a collab with Eddy KIm this week? Wow so unexpected and so exciting I love that the mamamoo members get to do so much music related stuff individually and as group and so many collabs so they learn from all different people too. I can't wait for Solar and for a comeback soon :ahmagah:

[About their comeback:]

"You'll see a never-before-seen side of Mamamoo"

"It's a secret for now, but it is a HUGE change."

OMG What concept do you guys think they're going to do?! They can't hype me like this! On the sexier side? On the cuter side? Or maybe a dance-focused concept? What do you guys think?

I would be fine with any concepts as long as the song is great but it would be great if there's still something unique to mamamoo in it. The concepts I tend not to like as much are usually bubblegum cute or high school girl concept. I would love an RnB dance with a touch of sexiness and playfulness  :ahmagah: