Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Of course they're not going to know how to pronounce a lot English words, but seeing them improvise is hilarious.

especially Hwasa :hurr:

Solar and Wheein seem to be the best at English in this group, lol

Mamamoo in Mongolia with Crayon Pop

CHYdxs1VAAAwtiq.jpg

CHYd0aCUwAIYmxM.jpg

Crayon Pop looks tiny... Or are they wearing super towering heels?

Some of fans in Mongolia gave them cake (anniversary cake?)

https://instagram.com/p/33tSN9E9Hh/

Well, when the members of Crayon Pop were being picked they intentionally picked girls with no sexy image or anyone taller than 165 centimeters. Even though Mamamoo's tallest member is also 165 centimeters, Crayon Pop has members that are 160.5 centimeters while Mamamoo have heights of 162 and 163 centimeters. So it's probably a combination of Mamamoo being naturally taller, as well as some high heels.

• Like 1

Tbh I thought Mamamoo were ditching the retro concept for Um Oh Ah Yeh, but it seems like they're going for a 80's/90's concept for this concept. Which is pretty interesting considering Piano Man could have been set in the 1920's, and Ah Oop could have been set in 1940's or even the 60's. I don't think Mr.Ambigous had a specific time period, but overall Mamamoo goes for a combination of a retro, classy, and dorky concept- which I love!

• Like 4

Can I just say that I noticed a really cool thing about Mamamoo's styling? They're always dressed to their personal style, in a way that still matches each other. Solar likes cute styles so she always wears skirts, Moonbyul keeps it simple and we see her in the pantsuits and skinny jeans, Hwasa wears things that show off her figure like crop tops and shorts, and Wheein just needs something she can move around in like long shirts and pants/shorts. IDK, I think it's cool they're allowed to have their own personality on stage, many girl groups (though I love them) tend to match up so much that I can barely tell them apart.

OMG Yes

And this is probably why Solar's a maid, too.  :ahmagah:

I just love everything about it! I hope they can win their first award now, although it will be hard.. My favorite part is the beginning when they say their names and also so happy for MoonByul because she has more lines! :)

Maybe Mamamoo could win on The Show or something, the song is pretty public-friendly. But the comeback's MV concept...

Mamamoo does manage to sell around 1,700 albums and have shown stability with that number. This number is pretty good for a rookie group, but in order to win we need to improve their physicals. Piano Man and Mr Ambiguous did quite well digitally, with Mr. Ambigous nearing half a million copies worth of digital sales. Even Ahh Oop managed to do pretty well, even though it was just a digital single and not really a legitimate comeback it charted and sold over 72,000 copies!

I say that this song is great! If we can keep the digital support for Um Oh Ah Yeah, we might be able to win at least one award. I'm also hoping that we can improve our physical sales, these sales are great for a rookie group but in order to win we'll probably need at least a few thousand more copies to be sold for this comeback which I know sounds unlikely. This is why I think we'll probably have to wait a few years until our first win, Mamamoo just debuted a year ago and groups outside of the big 3 tend to have to wait for at least 2 years for a music show win.

Also, this is Mamamoo's third legit comeback. It would be great if Mamamoo could win with their 3rd comeback, but I doubt that could happen. Maybe when they have their 5th comeback we can start asking for music show wins...

OMG OMG OMG

So much is right about this release!

The song is catchy, the concept + lyrics are even LGBT friendly, the mini album is pink and comes with a poster and even limited edition Mamamoo photocards, I'm just so in love with this comeback... I can't!

I already ordered via YesAsia, it chips off my part-time job's wage, but in the name of God Eros who created Yul and Goddess Aphrodites who created Hwa Sa's ass, I just made a sacrifice.

I probably will order via Mnet too for the signed one

This album just ride on the unicorn and slides down the rainbow

oh wait..

"RAINBOW BRIDGE WORLD"

:troll: :troll: :troll:

And I'm buying the album on Ktown4u. It's cheaper than I thought it was, but that's great for me haha! I love Mamamoo, and I was waiting for them to release the physical album so I could waste my birthday money. I also wanted to buy 9Muses' comeback album, but then I would have to wait until July and I've already held my birthday money for long enough.

I love how everyone here is so supportive of Mamamoo, haha! They literally just released their album and we already have 3 people buying it!

I'm normally don't buy albums without a preview, but I've seem that Mamamoo tends to follow a pattern with their albums and I'm hoping they don't break it for the worse with this one!  :lol:

You should see the Mamamoo fandom on twitter, we're all like "Whats the best wesbite??!!!?" We're all freaking out lol

OMG yes!

How much is KTOWN4U? (include shipping etc)

It wont let me make an account.

To order Pink Funky alone (including shipping), the price is $21.17 with the cheapest shipping. Kpoptown will give it to you for $22.40 and Kpopmart will give it to you for $23.00 

And YesAsia costs ~$29 (+ the album counts for Gaon as well - the ones you listed only count for Hanteo).

But YesAsia is known to have terrible service.

So conflicted right now.

I say go for KTown4u. Hanteo is always counted on physical album scores in music shows, right? + if YesAsia has poor service, it's not worth getting counted on Gaon for.

Right, its the end of the year award shows that use Gaon.

And right now, we're not trying to win a year-end award but a music show win. Hell, the competition is heavy but if the general public is on our side again and we have decent physicals we might be able to snatch one award.

Hey y'all, I've never bought a kpop album before, mainly because I've never really been a fan of a group before; just a casual listener. I started listening to Mamamoo around the Piano Man promotions (so late Nov, early Dec) and I was impressed. I really want them to succeed so im gonna buy their mini. Just for clarifications, if I want one of the four poster I have to pre order the album, and KTown4u is the best and safest website to use?

KTown4U is the best site to use. It's the cheapest, it counts on Hanteo, and overall I haven't seen anything bad about them. PS, there are 2 posters. I don't think the posters are just for pre-order, but of course buy them as soon as you can.

Thank you so much for thinking about buying Pink Funky!  :lol:

There are 4 different photocards. Photocards are limited and if you want one it's best that you pre-order. The photocard you get will be random. For now the posters are free. I believe after the pre-order they will cost extra. There are two posters. You would get a random one.

OMG I'm so glad I waited to get Pink Funky. What if I get a limited edition Moonbyul photocard?  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

OMG Yes yes yes yes yes! Just what we need to bring in an audience!

Omfg Freaking Shoesssssss

OMG The previews sound amazing! Just need to wait for a few days for the full audio to come out!  :ahmagah:

OK, so at least 52 people have pre-ordered the album from KTown4U and KpopMart alone.  :lol:

If I'm right, June 19th is in almost 11 hours in Korea, and we'll be getting a Music Bank performance on June 19th at 6:30 PM KST. So unless they release the MV after their performance we should be getting it in between 11 and 29 and a half hours!  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:  :ahmagah:

Source:

CHnOgeLUAAIvxsB.png

Edited by Jessicant
  • Like 4

I'm only going to comment on this once, because I feel like this issue is stealing attention away from what will be a glorious comeback from Mamamoo.

I'm not going to say the following as a fan trying to defend their favorite artist at all costs. I say this as a rational human being. It's absolutely ridiculous how some people are dragging the Wheein/Hwasa exchange out of context and twisting it into something racial. Many of the people misconstruing their pic battle can't even figure out which picture was sent by whom, let alone decode some type of hidden racism.

Racial insensitivity can be a problem in K-pop, and I'll be the one of the first in line to call it out when I see it anywhere (not just Kpop), but really? There's literally nothing offensive about their "fight." Wheein found a picture of a guy who had a similar hairstyle to Hwasa because she found the noodle hair on her to look funny. Why make it more than that? Jerry Seinfeld was on to something when he said this up and coming generation is almost too PC. People go on witch hunting campaigns against anything that could potentially be read as offensive.

I'm just waiting to hear from the Canine Voices Matter Association to start complaining about how puppies everywhere were offended by Hwasa's demeaning photo. Like, really? There are so many racially charged issues that get no attention whatsoever from these social justice warriors, yet they want to stir the pot over...this? None of the accusations make even the slightest bit of sense. None of these kids know anything about culture or appropriation apparently.

Anyway, I'm actually glad Mamamoo will be coming back with all of these girl group titans. They are talented enough to stand on the same stage as any of them, and it will be fun to watch them be the underdogs in a jam-packed summer. Consider just how much attention Mamamoo is going to get from these incredible songs, and how much more attention they'll get if they rise against all odds and the Korean public falls in love with their single during this promotion cycle.

Mamamoo manages to be unique with a signature sound and palpable talent, and for them to have that after now just one year, will be a huge plus. They're that good!

As an aside, there really doesn't exist an audience Hwasa doesn't try to hype up mid-performance. Not even at their private showcase. Whether it's a crowd of excited Moomoos or a bunch of press snapping pictures for their articles, Hwasa brings her sass game every time

OMG Yessss

And the thing is, nobody would have gotten upset if Wheein posted a picture of a white man with that hairstyle. They only think this is racist because apparently a black man can't be used in a joke without it being a racist thing. But isn't that idea in itself racist or overly paranoid? I can't believe how politically correct this generation has manged to become in 5 years, with them everything is an issue and you can never make a joke without offending someone. That is unless, we're making fun of the white, cis, straight, male "oppressors". I even see this crap in my own home with my sister, there's no escaping the SJW attitude and it's horrible.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The MV and the digital songs will all be out at Noon!

GRoeEYR.gif

OMG Yes

Do you think the physical albums are coming out at noon, too? I pre-ordered my album and I want it to get here already.  :rlytearpls:

I even ordered shipping with tracking, I feel so happy.

I just checked Synnara and they have the date of sale up as June 19th (today) so I would guess that physical albums will start selling as soon as stores open up today? Don't hold me to that, though.  :ninja:

I hope so.  :rlytearpls:

Yay! Ship mine quickly!

Mine's already been shipped, and I got my tracking number!  :rlytearpls:

:stare: Where did you order yours from?

KTown4u. I'm not sure how to track it though.  :rlytearpls:

It's here!~

• Like 4

Here you go!  http://www.koreapost.go.kr/eng/sub/EMS_Search.jsp?contId=e1020600

Oh, and it probably won't show up yet, because they haven't actually shipped them out yet, just assigned the number.  So don't worry if yours says nothing is there, trust me, it will show up by tomorrow!

OK. Thanks! I was wondering why it wasn't showing up. I'm too impatient tbh.