Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hello, I'm a new member who decided to join as this seems to be the most active Mamamoo thread that I've seen so far. 

I come bringing possible news...I don't know Korean at all so I use google translate and you know how great that is~

I searched Mamamoo on twitter and saw this tweet https://twitter.com/WA_Mamamoo/status/437549462039195649

Yesterday, the Peppermint Chocolate MV was played at the end of Infinity Challenge and that gave Mamamoo a spike in the search rankings. But judging from the tweet and crappy google translate, I think it was also played during the "Real Man" show and it's getting another, (bigger?) spike. Which is great if that's the case! 

I hope to stick around and be active, I'm new to KPop and the Korean music charts so I'll definitely rely on OneHallyu to interpret them. And I think Mamamoo is something major, but I have a bias towards R&B/Soul music that they play directly to.

• Like 2

Looking forward to the fancafe content. I signed up for it but I'm not too sure how to navigate through it...  :._.:

HeavenlyDreamer, your graphics look awesome! Love the gifs and your signature. 

• Like 1

^

OMG Whee Inn's dimple is sooo pretty! :ahmagah: And finally a picture Wha Sa without black glasses!

They are just so adorable :chu:

Haha, I had the same reaction when I saw Wha Sa. To me, she stood out the most in Peppermint Chocolate even with the ever-present glasses, but I definitely wondered why they were there even in the BTS stuff while they were not filming. 

Omg those pictures! I love them. Favs are the Solar's first pic under the spoiler, Moon Byul's first pic under the spoiler. Wha Sa with the fur, and Whee In's random smiling picture. 

Wonder when the next diary entry is due out...

i think mamamoo heard my cries because wha sa posted a diary today lol

she left this photo

iQcmaDiZS66im.jpg

i can translate her message later ! 

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I'm seeing new pictures floating around that I'm guessing come from the fancafe (Which I still haven't gotten around to leveling up in or I'd come with the pictures).

Just check out http://mamamooes.tumblr.com

Thank you for the translation. Damn I wonder if they slept in the choreography room the whole night. That pre-debut rookie life is no joke.

Is it too much to hope that Moonbyul was filiming a [Making] video? I still really want to see her and Wha Sa do a cover video.

• Like 1

There are a lot of Mamamoo RP twitter accounts, it's kinda annoying since most spam the tag asking for follows.

lmfao someone is pretending to be Solar on Twitter. How come I just noticed this now? I first thought it was a fan account months ago...

https://twitter.com/MamamooSolar

Also have to post this really cool Lyric video of Peppermint Chocolate

• Like 1

I got the Mamamoo badge  :ahmagah:

Yesterday, they posted part 2 of the Don't Be Happy making photos on the fancafe. 

---------------------------------------------

140314 ‘Don’t Be Happy’ Unreleased Photos Part 2

Hello^^ Nice to meet you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today!! I’ve come here in order to share the ‘Don’t Be Happy’ making photos with everyone!!!

I wonder what kind of image Mamamoo showed at the ‘Don’t Be Happy’ MV set~ You’re curious, right?? Really?? You’re curious?? Hehe

For those of you who eagerly look for Mamamoo news on a day-to-day basis, I am revealing the photos!!! ^^

tumblr_inline_n2hdeoD4Q61qbzdsu.jpg

â–² Maknae Whee In who is receiving the attention and love of 2 gentlemen! Who could those 2 be??^^

tumblr_inline_n2hdhprzeG1qbzdsu.jpg

â–² Solar who is preparing to film! Looking like a goddess! Very pretty!!!!

tumblr_inline_n2hdhwM7IX1qbzdsu.jpg

â–² The hidden smile behind her chicness! How lovely! Right, everyone??

tumblr_inline_n2hdi77OrP1qbzdsu.jpg

â–² Could even be a magazine pictorial! Wha Sa who has atmosphere! The feeling is alive!

tumblr_inline_n2hdigzJzu1qbzdsu.jpg

▲ This is the bright image of our pretty maknae, Whee in! But when she’s being serious like that, she makes a cool facial expression!

tumblr_inline_n2hdiolyIg1qbzdsu.jpg

â–² Clap clap clap!!! In commemoration of Mamamoo’s first MV shoot, Mamamoo and their family members blew out the candles!

Everyone’s interest and love makes me and Mamamoo dance! ^^ I hope in the future you will show a lot of interest and love!!~

If the response to these images is good.. should I release each member’s materials one by one..? Kekeke

Translation by [email protected]

Please do not take out without proper credit.

I still have a long way to go to get badges, if what I'm reading is correct.  :._.:

But love the behind the scenes pictures. They are helping me confirm that the main Don't Be Happy MV was Whee In and Solar only...you don't want to know how long I spent scrutinizing that video to find Moon Byul and Wha Sa.

Speaking of Wha Sa....

tumblr_inline_n2hdi77OrP1qbzdsu.jpg

Wha Sa is killing me rn

I love it. Just giving out oodles of attitude.

• Like 1

n4ffe8ef3b4288.jpg

Anyways amazing cover!! Solar and Whee In were so cute in the end, two fools TT_TT Also does anyone here know how to crop audios? I wanna rip the audio from the video to listen as mp3 but crop out the bloopers part

I hope next time they release a cover by Wha Sa and Moonbyul. Aren't they the rappers, I expect some epic slayage

I use clipconverter for youtube videos. 

I just consider that out of all the nugus they've pretty much outsold/streamed/etc everyone with both singles. Including Got7. So even if they don't really have a diehard fanbase (yet), I still have super high hopes about them.

Thanks once again Yoongi for the translation.

I'll do the Gaon update shortly. LMFAO at DBH rising back into the Top 200

It's really hard to get tired of Dont Be Happy. It's such a chill, addictive song, and it's easy to listen to. Yet, I've seen a handful of dance videos so it's also upbeat enough to dance to. (I sometimes find myself trying to do that phone dance that Solar and Whee In do in the video XD)

• Like 1

Thanks Athena. I was planning on just checking the thread before going to sleep but I waited for your update. :D

While I was doing that, I did some searching and I don't know if this is anything...I tried doing google translate from Korean -> English and then Korean -> Japanese but no luck haha. Something about my mini-goddesses being talented or something like that. All I know is that this is Hanhae from Phantom's instagram and it was tagged Mamamoo.

http://instagram.com/p/kQ-UBgiBM-/

But in case that turns out to be nothing, here's another Don't Be Happy dance cover. Seems to be very popular in the dance studios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koW4B-8G65g

• Like 1

Same here.

I need to do a lot of back tracking for many artist threads in fact.  Fortunately, I'm on my Spring Break now.

Btw, I was wondering what you all thought about the Mamamoo badge?  Do you all like it?  I made another version just in case you all feel that we should change it when we do the next round of badge changes later this year.  But of course, we could always wait for their official debut before we make any further changes.  I'm sure there will be many photos for us to make badges from when that time comes.  

Anyways, here is a side by side comparison of our current badge with the new one I just made.

Mamamoo+Badge+A.png Mamamoo+Badge+B.png

I like the original one too.

• Like 1

You have 93 posts now! You're almost to 100 and will be able to get your first badge.  :ahmagah:

Looking forward to the badge! I think I might get the mamamoo logo. I'll wait to see what other photos come out before getting one of the members. 

• Like 2

Guess who has an award~~~

In less frivolous news, I'm really amazed at the staying power of Peppermint Chocolate (and Don't Be Happy as well). All these big name groups and artists coming back and yet when I was checking the charts I would constantly see it in the 20s or 30s. I'd say that's why they are holding off on the next single, but Peppermint Chocolate boosted Don't Be Happy's sales so not sure why a third single would be too much to handle. 

• Like 2

140325 ‘Peppermint Chocolate’ Undisclosed Photos Part.1

Hello^^ Are you having a good day?

Without knowing it, it has gotten warm! Spring is coming~ How has Mamamoo been doing, you ask???

In order to meet all of you!! They are working very very hard…preparing…something….? ^^ Hahahahahahahaha

Mamamoo is able to gain strength because of all of your support! They are monitoring everything!!!!!!^^

So! Just like you are now, you will always promote and support Mamamoo a lot, right??

Please wait! I have prepared these photos for all of you!^^

tumblr_inline_n2zqq1rArC1qbzdsu.jpg

tumblr_inline_n2zqq80Yvh1qbzdsu.jpg

tumblr_inline_n2zqqmutLE1qbzdsu.jpg

tumblr_inline_n2zqqyotf91qbzdsu.jpg

And…

A bonus for you all!

tumblr_inline_n2zqr9wQsu1qbzdsu.jpg

Translation by [email protected]

Please do not take out without proper credit.

Ahhh finally an update. Guess it isn't by any of the girls, but the pictures are appreciated.

What is Wha Sa doing?  :lol:

Just feel like bumping the thread with random stuff I found:

Joy Jeong Choreography of Don't Be Happy (which seems to be getting all the dance cover treatment, would like to see what a routine would look like for Peppermint Chocolate, or even a straight dance cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEPpTKRWfLE

Mashup of Don't Be Happy and EXID's "Every Night"

A singing cover of Don't Be Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNJjcnvpUxw

Male version of Don't Be Happy (sounds better than I thought)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJO4ln2ddQI

Acoustic Guitar Cover of Don't Be Happy

Cover of Peppermint Chocolate

• Like 1

For a second there when I saw all the notifications from this thread, I thought Mamamoo had released another single or news of their debut. I was getting excited.

I haven't really posted cause I feel like I spam the thread with not so relevant posts.

On that note, here's a Don't Be Happy acoustic cover. Too bad the audio quality is crap because it sounds really good.

edit: another one, I didn't want to go on a cover posting spree but this one was okay too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_EZ_y5RPM

Edited by sparkilene

The Peppermint Chocolate BTS with K.Will and Wheesung has been translated, Courtesy of 4mmm.tumblr.com

Some snippets

QUESTION: A cheering message to Mamamoo!

K.Will: I envy them [Mamamoo] a lot. Those young girls sing strikingly well. If I sang that well at that age, I think it’d be really nice. I think that from now on it will establish them the title of South Korea’s vocal girlgroup. I hope that from now onwards Mamamoo will be big. Fighting!

QUESTION: What is today’s recording like?

WhaSa: I think it’s very fun.

WheeIn: Even though he’s slightly late, it seems like [the recording] will end quickly because WheeSung-sunbaenim does it well.

Solar: I’m very curious about WheeSung-sunbaenim’s rap!

WheeIn: Yes. We’re all really looking forward to the rap!

WhaSa: I wrote the rap lyrics on the spot. It’s going to be cool. You can anticipate it as well!

Read the rest here

It's been only 2 months since Peppermint Chocolate dropped? Sure it's still doing well on the charts but it feels like it's been half a year.

Thanks to Wha Sa, I'm going to think of that dog whenever Whee In does anything. /o\

Also I think I've finally leveled up, or at least I think I did. I was able to post in the attendance page does anyone know more information about that?