5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

YASSSSSSSSS!

B1r99LvCMAETy9N.jpg:large

YAAAS!!! I'm so ready for this comeback.

I'm just disappointed that it wasn't a YG New GG member instead of Soohyun. I still love her tho too. But this would have been the perfect opportunity to get the girl group some pre debut hype. I'm kind of done with YG's antics right now.

IKR - Aren't they supposed to be debuting soon and he has done very little to promote them (aside from JK). He really doesn't seem to give a shit about his girl groups. He's obviously panicking because of Big Bang's approaching enlisting so is rushing putting out another boy group which tend to make more money. But then he messed up iKON so he can kiss that goodbye.

Who the heck negs in a fan thread?  :._.:  I'm a big fan of Mamamoo, WTH.

ikr, i +1 you.

• Like 2

I like that idea. To follow on that, the slow part with piano is perfect because it'll give them some space to have a 'BAM! VOCALS! HARMONY!' part.

Like the end of their cover of Save Me From Myself at 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjZBXWMtVE&t=3m

(random, but my favorite part of this song is when all 3 are singing the 'crying' in 'don't ask me why i'm crying'. Just sounds nice.)

:ahmagah: Gosh I love this cover (also because I love Christina) and I agree I love the way they sing the 'don't ask me why i'm crying' too. I love the roar/growliness that Hwa sa does in places.

How does one get ready for perfection?  

/faints

The intro alone (of the teaser) slays. They just took things to a whole other level  :ahmagah:

Edited by ohsolively

PERF

tumblr_nf60nhsnBN1rkt95xo1_400.gif

This one always gets me!

ikr - she goes in  :happy:

Am I allowed to use the gifs that were posted a couple pages ago for my sig?   :blush:

Of course - they are not mine though (plus the owner didn't put any restrictions on them so I assume it's fine)  :)

The KBS performance was everything - this comeback is just  :rlytearpls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYmDfLUFVlQ

^ It was perfect  :rlytearpls:

the fanchants  :ahmagah:

dude those fanchants were so loud  :rlytearpls:

still trying to decide who to stan in this group. torn btwn Hwasa and Moonbyul atm

for the sass alone Hwa Sa but they are both awesome - Moonbyul is my 2nd "bias" in the group I just love her especially (all of them really).

So Hwa Sa was kinda off her game this performance, even though she played it off extremely well. I don't think anyone would be able to tell unless they really know the song and they've seen other performances. For example, she seems to forget the "Are you ready for perfection part" and compared to Music Bank, I get the sense that she left some of the harmony parts for the backing track.

Then I saw this tweet shortly after the performance

And then she writes in the fancafe

Google Translate gives me something like "I am ironman. Sorry for making you worry. Today's cheering was fantasic. I'm waiting for tomorrow"

So it makes me think that she was the one who fell. :unsure:

Hope it wasn't too bad and that she's OK :unsure: . Aside from the opening where she reapeted action, I didn't see anything wrong tbh.

There's a poll in the fancafe that I think is asking which variety/tv show you'd want to see Mamamoo on. So far Immortal Songs is the overwhelming first place and running man a distant second.

I voted for Immortal Songs and I have a couple of reasons for it. Not only will it be an opportunity for more people to see that Mamamoo are awesome performers. But if they are able to do a good job and make an impression with their performance (and banter in the backroom) they could be asked back in the future and possible have a semi-regular stint on the show. (I'm behind on Immortal Songs so it could have changed, but there isn't really any girl groups that are regulars like B1A4, Teen Top, 100%, etc. Usually it's just one member from a group like Sistar's Hyorin, BESTIE's Uji, etc.)

Immortal Song would be fantastic and a great way to make an impact. But I hope they can do regular variety shows too so we can get to know/see their personalities more.

Piano Man on Arirang Radio's K-poppin'

I really liked the radio version of Piano Man, there's a lot less backtrack and therefore you can hear all the harmonies that they're doing.

Their harmonies  :rlytearpls: I just love it Hwa Sa and Solar harmonise. Also really liked it when Moonbyul sort of growled towards the end of her rap.

Lol at this cover:

I can't with this woman  :ilove:

Mamamoo’s Hwa Sa - “Pink Panties†Lyrics

Hmm, what kind of panties should I wear today?
Pink Panties!
Woah! Pink Panties.
Woah! Pink Panties.
Woah! Pink Panties.

Vacantly standing there, what are you agonizing over?
Are you praying to all the panties? (Hallelujah)
What’s there to worry about? Look out the window.
The sun is blazing and night is coming.
Flowers are tinted yellow.
The thin trees are green, green.
My heart is lonely. On it’s own. Solo.
Today’s choice is pink in color.

No line. So cool. Good idea. Pink Panties!
I knew it early on, my digestive power.
Much meaning attached to pretty colors.
Panties. You squeezed into. Young lady. (Hey, young lady!)
Are you free today? I’m not sure if you know.

I’m so fine, my cleavage and panties are great.
Why put on pants? Wearing this much is enough.
Everything that needs to be covered is covered up anyway.

Kim Hye Soo is red, Hwa Sa is pink.
There’s no point. It’s just a topic maker.

I’m so fine, my cleavage and panties are great! (Ho)

Translation by mamamoo-trans.com

tumblr_n5ggkzvc211rfduvxo1_500.gif

• Like 2

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

MERRY CHRISTMAS

tumblr_ngn63tlzw01rg08qmo4_500.gif

tumblr_ngn63tlzw01rg08qmo2_500.gif

tumblr_ngkp81aHrP1ssnf1qo1_500.gif

tumblr_ngmz4kJ3u71tf6m14o2_250.giftumblr_ngmz4kJ3u71tf6m14o3_250.giftumblr_ngmz4kJ3u71tf6m14o1_250.gif

Edited by ohsolively
  • Like 4

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

OyH2E0S.png

It says "Gaon Chart K-POP Awards".

Since the trend is that you don't get invited unless you've won something, are my #teamrookieaward hopes coming true???

Gaon was my last hope for a rookie award. Please let this mean that they're getting one.  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

I really hope so but considering that other contenders are from bigger companies, it doesn't seem likely. Hopefully they win some other kind of award even if it's not the rookie category. 

Even though it's not big, I hope the win the rookie award for the Soompi Awards.

ooh, if they win the soompi awards, maybe they will feel like they have a lot more international attention than they think??

the award is an actual thing sent to the artist right?

Yes they get an actual award and they record a winning message with it.

I hope people voted - it ends tommorrow.

How is this possible. I don't even know how I am still breathing right now 

tumblr_mlcab3lllj1s0gve6o2_250.gif

• Like 1

I was praying and anticipating for them to go on Immortal Songs but wow did they exceed my expectations. What I love the most too is that they made it their own and infused all their personalities and the groups uniqueness into the performance. OTL  :rlytearpls:

If the girls ever go on a dance variety show, they'll have practically all the genres covered. :lol:

Gimme Weekly Idol random dance and dance battle please.

Yes Weekly Idol is next on the hit list.

Yeah, I totally support a female rap album compilation and I can definitely see Moon Byul in this project.  It seems like the competition is for newcomers and not veterans like Yoon Mi Rae or E.Via.  I wonder where female rappers like CL or Miryo fit in, since they're anything but newcomers.  If it's for newcomers then I'd like to see Sonamoo's New Sun, and one of the Delight rappers (don't know her name). 

I think CL/Miryo is too established and I don't see what they would gain out of it; they will have more to lose tbh. Maybe they can come in as judges/mentors or something (especially Miryo).

It's definitely more for lesser known/established rappers as well as those who are up and coming (trends). It would be great for Moon to be casted. LE from Exid would be great and would be such a good rep for idol rappers too - and as Exid is a trend right now her casting would be on point. Kind of questioning Jimin's addition as she's the most "idol" from the bunch and not really that good tbh. She will really have to show and prove because as I see it she will be done in like 2 seconds.

The name of the show though - Unpretty Rapstar  :donthinkso:

Edited by ohsolively

Piano Man MV - 999,326 views!

I've been checking the view (and letting the video play when I do it so I guess I'm contributing to the count? idk all the particulars of what counts or not)

:ahmagah: Glad it's past 1m now - it deserves it.  
Edited by ohsolively

They all look beautiful.

I'm nervous for some reason.

Edited by ohsolively

MBC Music Core PD Says Mamamoo Stands out to Him the Most out of All Singers

mamamoo1.jpg

MBC â€œMusic Core†PD picked Mamamoo as the singer that stands out to him the most.

During an interview, Kim Myung Jin, the PD of “Music Core,†was asked who has been recently catching his eyes out of all singers, and he answered that it was Mamamoo. He explained, “I was surprised at their talent. I felt that they were really enjoying performing on stage. Their expressions are lively and their vocal skills are amazing.â€

He also mentioned their performance on KBS 2TV’s “Immortal Songâ€saying, “I watched [the episode] they featured in, and was reminded once again of their great performance skill.â€

The PD also complimented a rookie girl group named Girlfriend, and commented, “It seems like they prepared well before debut.â€

cr:http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/28/mbc-music-core-pd-says-mamamoo-stands-out-to-him-the-most-out-of-all-singers/

Edited by ohsolively
  • Like 3