• Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I just became a MooMoo a week ago. My bias is Hwasa, my second bias is Wheein, and the rest of them are my bias wreckers (but Solar is a powerful bias wrecker...oof). My favorite vocalists of the group are Wheein and Solar (most favorite is Wheein but I love Solar's harmonies and ad-libs, she has a great sense of musicality/musicianship). My most favorite voice is Hwasa (I love her "TWIT" solo and that's how she became my bias also with the fact that her voice reminds me of Ariana's except technically better I think (and Wheein's too-I love Wheein's voice in "Starry Night"-it's my most favorite from them)) and I love Moonbyul's tone of voice (she should sing something! :D). Hwasa is a Queen and nobody should fight me on this. ;)

Edited by ScientificTaegher
  • Like 4

Welcome, freshly minted Moo! If you have any questions about Mamamoo or need recommendations, feel free to ask them here. This thread isn't hugely active but we're helpful and love seeing new Moomoos join the fandom. chuplz.png

And enjoy your first comeback with Mamamoo! Looks like they're coming for our throats this time more than ever.

Btw ya'll, someone in the Wheein teaser comments on twt pointed out that the order of the release of individual teasers matches with the order that Mamamoo is usually standing in from left to right (Moonbyul > Solar > Wheein > Hwasa). And now I'm emotional. rlytearpls.png

Oh thank you so much! chuplz.png  I'm really excited for their comeback and as an American fan, I really want them to debut in the states since they're so talented and really deserve it! If they stop by where I live or near where I live for a concert, I'm willing to buy tickets for them! I watched their 2018 MAMA Japan performance and dang, they really slay (especially Solar with her pole dancing (she's a very powerful bias wrecker) and ofc, Queen Hwasa!)! However, I really want to know more about them. Any recommendations of live performances or videos that showcase more of their personalities? They seem like fun and down-to-earth women who seem enjoyable to see of. smile.png

QUEEN HWASA amgplz.png

YAS!!!! Nobody can fight me on this-Hwasa is THE Queen. 

I'm not American but even I'm hoping for them to go to the states and have more activities there. They haven't stepped foot there in forever and I think they really have the kind of appeal that American fans would love and appreciate. Particularly their stage manners and vocals.

For live performances I'd recommend checking out their appearances on Immortal Songs 2. It's a show where currently active Korean musicians go on to rearrange and perform legendary songs and compete against each other. Mamamoo has been on there many times. My favourites are Passion Flower, Way to Sampo, Love Story of a Girl, You in My Fading Memory, Wonderful Confession, Backwoods. The performances on IS2 really showcase their vocals and stage skills. 

Also would recommend checking out their appearances on Yu Hee Yeol's Sketchbook. They're known as the queens of medleys and have done quite a few of those on this show. I've put my faves under spoilers.

If you want to see more of their personalities the first video any Moomoo will always recommend is MMMTV season 1 episode 6 - How to Play in the Car. MMMTV is behind the scenes stuff and lets you see what they're really like. Their appearances on Weekly Idol have also been hilarious. 

For all Mamamoo content we have a handy index that has everything compiled by era - Mamamoo Video Index

Content used to be subbed by Mamamoo Trans and you'll still find a lot of vids by them if you search Mamamoo Trans 3 on YT. Nowadays the main sub team is MoomooSubs and they have a YT channel and a twitter account. They're also taking care of keeping the vid index up to date. A reliable individual translators to follow on twitter for quick Mamamoo updates is @ch0sshi

If the index is a bit too overwhelming and archive-y to start with there's also the STAN MAMAMOO.pdf which has info on the group each member, content, accounts to follow etc. and all presented in a visually pleasing way.

Ok I've dropped like a boatload of things on you to check out. It's probably more than enough for now laugh.png

Thank you so much! As a college student, I'm usually on the go, but when I get free time, I'll check them out. Thank you again! :D

***EDIT: I didn't know Moonbyul loves computer and math games...as a computer science and math major and math geek myself, I have renewed respect for Moonbyul...imhappyplz.png ***

For any MooMoo living in the states (US), are y'all planning staying up really late or pulling an all-nighter for the comeback (or is it the first thing y'all will be watching first thing when y'all wake up in the morning)? 

Comeback MV Release: 6:00PM KST which means (headsup)...

• 1:00AM AST (Alaska)
  • 2:00AM PST
  • 3:00AM MST
  • 4:00AM CST (where I'm at)
  • 5:00AM EST
  • Like 2

I tried making it into a signature, but something feels a bit off about it. I don't know, what do you think?

Looks nice. I like it. smile.png

To be fairly honest, I think the only reason it might see a little "off" for you is because in the second phase of the signature when the words become more in-color and it states "our season our color", it might seem a little off-center. However, other than that, it's a cool signature, and I like it pretty much. :)

• Like 1

Also, there's a certain tradition that I do to hype up for the comebacks of my favorite groups (ever since I got into BTS music) is to play songs of that certain group (especially songs that are tied with the concept of the upcoming comeback) in a playlist or loop the night before the comeback. So far, I got "Starry Night" (my favorite OT4 song so far from them), "Egotistic", "Wind Flower", "Decalcomanie", and solos from the individual members like "TWIT" (the song that made me Hwasa-biased), the recent Wheein collaboration with DinDin, etc. As a new fan, I don't know much of MAMAMOO's discography though I do enjoy their songs that I know so far. Do any of y'all have any recommendations of other songs that I should play/add into my current MAMAMOO playlist so far? 

Thanks! imhappyplz.png

• Like 2

About 6 more hours until MAMAMOO's Comeback (MV Release)! 

I'm currently playing MAMAMOO's MV's in a playlist to hype for the comeback! 

Who's ready? :D

• Like 1

mamamoo won the grand prize in the singer/performer category at the 31st korea producer awards, making it their first ever daesang! rlytearpls.png

(hope everyone could drop them a congratulation in this announcement thread and give them lots of love: https://onehallyu.com/topic/785196-mamamoo-won-first-daesang-grand-prize-at-31st-korea-pd-awards/ lovestruck.png )

Congratulations! :D

Once again Mamamoo prove themselves to be the performers oft his generation of kpop. I always think that they can't possibly put on a better show than before but they always come with surprises, with more passion, with more enthusiasm, new ideas and talents revealed.

Let me just cheer a bit for my bias here.

Wheein. Is. So. Good. At. Dancing! lovestruck.png

I already knew she was good but seeing irrefutable evidence in the form of that solo stage which was just full of swag and finesse is so great. After the tough times she's had I'm so happy to see her do a stage like that and show all her talents.

I really, really want to see Mamamoo live in concert one day. If they ever come to Europe I will try to get tickets and go, no matter which country it is.

MAMAMOO is full of great performers (especially Queen Hwasa (ok, she my first bias that's why lol) who is well known for her amazing stage presence!)

Let Wheein dance more! I'm pretty sure she has more in her belt! 

MAMAMOO should come to the US as well (especially Texas!) - will be dying to buy a concert ticket for them! 

Really can't decide. And frankly, I don't think I can decide properly without really attending the concerts.

But I definitely won't survive Wheein playing drum and Solar ripping off her top on stage. rlytearpls.png

Wheein is so talented (as my bias in MAMAMOO alongside Hwasa): she not only has a great voice and fantastic singer as well, but she can dance (want to see her dance more)...and play drums (does she play any more instruments?)! She is truly a slayer! QRLGYBO.png

Once again, Solar proving herself to be the most powerful bias wrecker (or one of the most powerful if not the most powerful) in KPOP. Still can't get over her Cleopatra performance in MAMA Japan 2018 (dang...). 

Don't cry, Byul! Noooooooo...

Y'all, need help..

What is the dog fans compare Wheein to? Is it the shiba or the jindo? 

I think she looks more like a shiba, but the jindo is the korean one so idk.

Help TT

It's the Jindo dog. 

"Nicknamed 'Jindo Dog' because of her resemblance to one." -MAMAMOO Members Profile (Jung Wheein)

MAMAMOO Members Profile: Look for Wheein's section

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jessica's G-string said:

Moonbyul looks so good these days.

If you're interested, she's actually doing a collaboration with BEG JeA (with JeA as the main artist) on June 12! 😄 

1 minute ago, WheeTaeLover said:

If you're interested, she's actually doing a collaboration with BEG JeA (with JeA as the main artist) on June 12! 😄