• Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hello! I literally just joined so I could be able to post on here from now on and because I love Mamamoo as well..I have been following this thread for awhile and it brings me comfort because for the most part people are so nice and mature on here unlike other platforms (lord don't get me started). I want to be able to join the excitement everyone else feels and sometimes share my opinions that I can't voice anywhere else on here too! Hope that's not too much of a bother. 

• Like 4

I am so happy for Brazilian moo moos, that video they made where they introduced themselves in Portuguese and said "te amo" was so cute I died. Also as a Spanish speaker the end made me melt even more.

Kind of random, but what do you guys think of the petition some moomoos are working on sending to RBW's stylists. If you do not know, apparently some people want Moonbyul and Wheein to get better stage and award outfits because as of lately they have been "lacking." In my opinion it is kind of rude because we do not know how their styling is decided. Hwasa mentioned during Starry Night promotions that she bought her own outfits so what if the same applies to the other members and they are basically telling them their styling sucks lol. At this point each member just wears what they like and just try to match the theme of the song instead of the typical group outfits where they are all similar.. that's the way I see it.

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 3

I stayed up until 7 in the morning listening to the livestream and when I heard Solar singing Despacito I lost it completely... I would give everything to be able to attend one of their concerts. Just listening to it made me so excited that I was singing along. I wish I could have understood their little talk segments and vcr videos but overall I enjoyed myself. Unfortunately I won't be able to listen along for today's concert. Korean fans are always polite and composed trying to contain their excitement in order to better listen to them lol but in Brazil I am pretty sure if someone were to livestream the concert we wouldn't be able to hear them over the screaming (the type of environment I personally prefer lol). I hope the girls feel super proud of themselves because they are so hardworking.

Can't believe there's like 3 or 4 more concerts left :o

Edited by marlenemoo

Hello! It’s been quiet around here lately, but with 2 comebacks to go it’s understandable that we need to recuperate as well lol

Went back to lurking for the past few months since I didn’t want social media* to suck my enjoyment out of MMM and took a break.

Which album do you guys think is next, White or Blue? I’ve seen very compelling evidence that White is next but who knows, it could be a fake out lol

*Rant(?) on Social Media (not really just random thoughts I figured I’d put out there)

Forgive me if this is all over the place and really doesn’t have a point to it lol, I just find psychology really interesting and fandoms and their behaviors are perfect subjects to observe especially within social media.

I’m glad most people here take refuge from the mess that is Twitter moos as well lol, I had to delete my account because moos on there are headed in a direction I’d rather not witness. I mean I check in from time to time there, but engaging fellow moos is pointless (as we speak, the good old RBW/KDH/[MMM, which moos conveniently like to think they’re on the other side] vs Fans/Fan Opinions/Projections discussion is hot once again). There really is no room for civil discourse in that hell site is there?

Just an observation that I’ve noticed, edgy moos like to think they’re better than “stan twt†who drag MMM for attention/clout when they do the exact same thing within this fandom to fellow fans. They complain about how hypocritical & attention-seeking antis are but turn around and be just as hypocritical & attention-seeking when it comes to engaging fellow moos. Twitter moos are so contradictory lol it’s funny to observe but kinda sad at the same time. I mean, they love to brag about “MMM from a small no-name company†then proceed to demand Big 3 levels of treatment but cry when they’re being “cheapâ€. I think the funniest one I saw recently is the guilt-tripping mess into tagging/voting to get int. recognition. Moos were so quick to condemn SK for “hating strong concepts†(which sure that and some manipulation probably did contribute to “sabotageâ€) but from the outside looking in, it was easy to see that the fans who reacted so strongly about it were using “general public loves/backs MMM†as a drag to stan twt in preparation for this comeback so there’s nothing like hurt pride to cloud judgement and look for someone to “blameâ€.

People are now coming for the CEO as if he is this terrible man that has played no part in MMM's success lmao. Is the company perfect? no they could improve on marketing but that doesn't mean that everyone in it is stupid, evil, incompetent etc.

This anger comes from his statement on how he's learning strategies to promote the new boy group from Big Hit but he never stated that he would *only* apply those strategies to the new boy groups, maybe he will apply those strategies to MMM as well. BTS and Mamamoo are only a year apart so he couldn't have learned these strategies from Big Hit when MMM first had their debut because BTS hadn't become big either. One of my biggest pet peeves is when Moos complain about petty things such as stage outfits. MMM get 60% of their profit, the company keeps 30% honestly I understand why they don't bother spending too much money on outfits if they don't feel it's necessary. Also coming for other groups only brings negative attention so why not just focus on the girls damn.Just many things anger me as well and I could rant on for days lol.

TIPSY LIVE YAY

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 2

So when Solar was talking about being ignored by people when they first had their debut it really made me wonder who was like this to them. I remember the disrespect they received not only by kpop fans but even by hosts on certain shows and tv networks like they tried to embarrass them and ironically now everyone is kissing their ass - Hwasa got the most hate for her body and attitude and now she has love calls from all over the place and people love to watch her eat after they told her to diet. 

I'm sure they got ignored by some senior idols (I would really like to know who idontthinksobetchplz.png ) as well which is probably why they try to act nice towards everyone no matter their status in the industry. I'm glad they managed to become big and those same people are trying to associate with them now because they are successful. 

Unfortunately not every group has the same success story and continue being ignored and disrespected despite being around for years *cough* Cross Gene *cough*

• Like 3

I am so glad the company is taking legal action towards the netizens that have been harassing the girls online... although from what I have read the comments were more serious than we knew like the homophobic slurs and whatnot. I did not know that was going on but there hasn't been an official confirmation from the company so I am just waiting..

I know a lot of people like to joke about them being gay especially Moonbyul, but the members themselves have never said anything like that and they are receiving hate so imagine if one of them were to truly come out... sigh. In times like these I remember what idol life consists of and I just feel like pity..

On a happier note, I can't imagine how much money they've earned this year lol with all the concerts, cfs, festivals, royalties like wow

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 9

I am usually more excited for Mamamoo comebacks but this time I just can't bring myself to be as excited. Although the concept photos remind me of Decalcomanie and that makes me all giddy because I would love for a retro sound again.

There is so much negativity in the fandom it has become too annoying for me. I have seen people complain about the album name, logo, schedule, etc. It's like what do people want? People bitched about RBW not making a comeback schedule and now we have it and people complain about the layout... people also bitch about RBW not promoting Mamamoo enough but most are complaining that two weeks of teasers is too much and that the whole song and album are going to be spoiled when the schedule clearly says that most of the teasers are photos. People are complaining that the girls are being overworked and I am 100% sure that if the girls only had 1 or 2 comebacks this year with a couple of university festivals the same people would be complaining that the company is not promoting their talent enough and that they deserve more. 

I am not happy with the fall concert being held so soon either but there are some things that are out of people's control. I know that this 4 Seasons 4 Color project has had its problems with timing but like I said a lot of it is out of the company's and the group's control. I am sure that the summer comeback was supposed to happen sooner but since Byul hurt her back it had to be delayed therefore delaying everything else. No matter how planned something is there are always things that happen that makes your plans change.

That is no one's fault despite people blaming the company for her injury even though it was probably an accident she had during practice. Solar also had an injury yet she has recovered enough to be pole dancing and doing aerobics so I don't know why people keep saying that the members haven't recovered at all and they are being forced to work through the pain.

When you think about it, most of their schedules include them going to festivals and singing for like 30 minutes while being paid around $20,000 or more so if that's overworking then I want to be overworked too shit. I am not a company stan I also want them to improve on many things but all these petty complaints about every little thing has become too much for me to handle and it just ruins the whole experience. I know people think they are doing a favor to Mamamoo but they are just probably more stressed out about this and I wish they could just speak their minds so everyone could shut up including me lol. Rant over

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Guys.. I did it. I bought an album for the first time! Solar is the bias and I just had to get her album lol I am so confused about this song because each teaser is giving me completely different vibes. As long as it's not a ballad lol 

• Like 1

I love (hate) how everyone has gotten depressed over Mamamoo doing "Really bad" on the charts and stuff. Despite them not really promoting much (or like usual) they're still in the top 10 for 4/6 charts like what's the sadness about lol we all know Naver is basically for boy groups and it's actually being taken down next year so I don't get it. I mean Fiance and Solo are taking up the top spots in almost all the charts because like "Don't" they're songs that people have really liked. Even Winner songs don't chart like this so Fiance must have something that has really hit people. Even Red Velvet isn't doing as well or like people expected them to. I saw a tweet from a fan of theirs that basically said they thought MMM were going to block them on the charts not solo artists lol Also this comeback they charted in so many countries for the first time (iTunes).

Apparently RBW was named one of the worst agencies recently, thoughts? Along with YG ironically lol 

At first I was scared that Mamamoo were not going to have their solo stage at MAMA but it seems like almost all groups are collaborating in one way or another to celebrate the shows' 10th year and their collaboration stage will be the opening. I am honestly not that excited because I feel like they will be "overshadowed" by the other group. I have noticed that whenever Mamamoo members collaborate with other idols in special stages, they are always given short lines to sing. Their own performance though... I really can't wait! 

I'll just listen to Morning on repeat until the 12th....

The problem with Kpop fans today is that they feel like they know to manage a group and run a company better than the actual companies. I know that there are some agencies that just suck but the truth is money talks. I don't know how many of you watched IDOT, the cringy drama Moonbyul was in lol, even though it was all scripted it was based on real life. I remember that on the show we got to see how their manager struggled and basically begged in order for the girls to get on a show. So truthfully we don't even know how hard it is to get a group on certain shows but fans just blame the company and talk nonsense as if they could do better if they were in the same situation.

In this case, Mamamoo has pull not RBW. In other companies, the company has power not the group. SM can get their groups anywhere because they're SM but RBW can only get Mamamoo where people want Mamamoo because I doubt producers fear or respect RBW as a company. 

I also remember how moos swore that the MMA performance was going to get Mamamoo higher up in the charts because they just lacked exposure but did it help much? No. Again, we think we know how things are going to turn out but we don't because people are unpredictable which is why marketing is so hard and why there's not a lot of people that know how to market groups successfully.

Also if I were people I wouldn't give money for a project that hasn't even been explained well. Like how are the going to promote the group? Ads on Youtube and where else? 

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 2

I know how twitter works, been doing it for a long time and in an infinity of fandoms. But other fandoms are irrelevant to this. They can be as toxic as they choose.

But the MMM fandom on twitter wasn't like this until these recent eras of more so-called international recognition, which has been proven to be a bunch of bandwagon wannabe bg stans (not to generalize bg stans but like... you know what I mean) who are more focused on bragging, spamming and attacking people than actually supporting MMM and celebrating their acomplishments.

We've never been such a toxic, negative fandom. Attacking idols for singing MMM songs, for doing impressions similar to the ones MMM members have done, attacking people who don't follow in line with their group-thinking 'it's Mamamoo against the world, everyone is out to get them, just look at: [insert a dozen conspiracy theories]' bullsh*t.

Edit: Like... people really out there calling an 18 year old girl a 'h*e' and worse because she dared do a Neutrogena impression, what kind of sickness is that?

Are people really doing all of that? I know the group that did the impression and they have expressed their appreciation for Mamamoo and Solar especially so this is sad, moos are essentially attacking other moos that happen to be idols. The nice and mature fandom is no longer a thing sadly but this is the price of a growing fanbase

Edited by marlenemoo

----------

Also, I know it's nice and cozy in here where we are able to agree and disagree and still remain mostly level-headed and respectful, and I don't enjoy bringing negativity in here, but I do think it's important for us to be aware of how the fandom is behaving outside of this bubble because it reflects on the fans as a whole and on the group itself. And we gotta keep that sh*t in check, 'cause otherwise soon we're gonna get the same reputation that a certain other fandom has and I'm not about that. 

Good luck with trying to reason with some people. They think they are right and don't care about logic. I think most fans deep down know that some things are not a big deal but they like to instigate drama and live for it. unsure.png

I deleted the twitter app because I found it brought me stress that was unnecessary. Fandom wars and constantly complaining about little things just brought a lot of negativity and didn't allow me to fully enjoy this comeback. I don't know how people do it everyday because it is exhausting caring so much about insignificant things.

Moonbyul made keyrings for moo moos for her birthday and made a whole event out of it... she'so extraa and lovely lmao I love her 

Also I've been streaming Wind Flower non stop because I really want that Christmas video, we're so close yet so far 

• Like 1

Moomoos don't really stream on youtube for various reasons but a lot of Mamamoo's views come from south korea so if the gp didn't like the song or they don't even know about it then obviously they're not watching the mv which explain the views.

Also there was never a formal post about the dance practice so maybe some moos don't know about it especially the ones that aren't as active on social media and only look at official posts. 

I love wind flower but i think i can understand why it didn't do too well. too poppy for a ballad and too slow for a hype song so an awkward in between.

I'm really loving their red carpet looks rlytearpls.png  Looking forward to Wind Flower stage

maybe it'll give more exposure to the song...

I assume Wheein injured her foot judging by the pictures unsure.png hope she heals fast! 

Also why can't the company just release a simple statement lol they should know fans are going to blow this out of proportion so why not release something beforehand so people don't worry sigh...

I wish she could just stay home and rest until her she's healed but all the members play a big part in the group that it's really hard to replace their parts with one of them missing. Groups with 7+ members can cover the 5 second singing parts of a missing member but Mamamoo needs all 4 of them. 

Anyways I hope that after they're done with all of the end of the year bull they get to rest a little. I wish they could take months off but we know that kpop moves fast and groups can't afford to take long breaks...

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 1

This is random but apparently Byul wore braces but no one noticed lol I'm still mindblown

Also what is this event they're going to anyways? I'm kind of confused about that

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 2

Do we know if Hwasa is maybe getting some kind of newcomer award (if those are a thing, idk lol) or is she just attending?

I don't think they would invite her without a reason, I'm sure she's getting something

Also rbw's other group went on immortal songs recently so if the company was having issues with kbs, I don't think one of their groups would attend a kbs show.

As far as I know, rbw has a branch or something in Vietnam so maybe it was a business thing... the Vietnamese moos were so happy so I'm happy. 

• Like 3

I'm happy they incorporated adlibs again! I've missed those so much. Always happy to see Hwasa getting recognition, it was about time and she deserves it chuplz.png Am I the only one that thinks the upbeat version of wind flower should have been released instead lol all the remixes we've heard sound better to me than the original 

I'm so glad that the supposed collab didn't happen imhappyplz.png instead we're getting an amazing rock stage (the fact that Hwasa has a solo stage in one of these end of the year shows.. I'm pleasantly surprised) and Onewe are there too!  

In order to avoid overreactions in situations like these we need to take the words of certain people with a grain of salt until everything is confirmed. In this case, reporters spread misinformation *shocked* and we just went from there.

I rather look like moo moo the fool though and not have to deal with sjw's coming for Hwasa when we all know she's a sweetheart and she's spread nothing but love this year

edit: By reporters I mean the people that wrote the articles not moos, I know most moos translate what they're given and don't willfully spread misinformation 

Edited by marlenemoo
  • Like 6

This is everything I wanted rlytearpls.png  a medley of their own songs starting with Paint me, the song that started it all.... what a nice stage. 

If this is prerecoreded, are they performing live later or what's happening? 

• Like 1

Not when they're taking action that might affect the group like organizing boycotts and spamming RBW with complaints about things that haven't happened.

No one is bringing pointless twitter drama here, trust me, if we did that this thread would have double the amount of pages. There's a new one every 5 minutes. But if they actually cross the line into doing things that can have real effects for Mamamoo then sorry but yeah, I'm gonna bring it up here and wanna discuss it because it concerns the fandom as a whole. 

I know this has been discussed but what was the point of having a fall/winter concert without the winter album, in the middle of promotions (even if they didn't do much, music shows are still exhausting), and award shows. I personally think that the boycott was needed because it was just bad planning on the company's part and I hope in the future they plan things accordingly and don't switch things up last minute because they decided to add schedules.

As for the emails sent today, I know some people didn't handle it in the best way but I think most are just traumatized after the constant hate we used to see mamamoo get on almost every social media. Even this time last year, I used to dread reading the mamamoo tag because it was just vile. To this day, their name is still associated with rac*st so I understand people wanting to prevent that performance from happening (and the song is just distasteful). unsure.png

I just wish we could have known about their bruno mars idea before the concert happened years back so we all could have emailed them in mass to educate them and prevent it so if there is a chance to prevent something similar from happening again (even if it's a small chance because it was too late to cancel the performance anyways) I'll take it.

I have agreed with you before like being annoyed at people overreacting at Wheein's condition or blaming RBW for petty things but in these two examples I can find reasoning behind twitter moos actions.

ANYWAYS I hope Mamamoo feel super proud of themselves because they have accomplished so much this year and I know that next year will be even better. And they're also going to end the year with a mini concert apparently lol their performance at mbc sounds amazing by all the fan accounts

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

It's the first day of 2019 and kpop is already wildin lol

Does anyone know what they're nominated for at the SMA and Golden Disc? I know last year they got the best dance performance at the SMA which I... was confused about lol if you attend you get something I guess  

I think this will be fun and get the forum moving a little:

QUESTION: Out of all the end-of-year performances from all Mamamoo's years of performing, list your favorite ones!?

edit: you can also explain why its your favorite and post your favorite video/fancam!

I definitely enjoyed all of last year's end of year performances. I think it has to do with the fact that Moonbyul sang and rapped. All other years she's had small parts because she just rapped (although she left everyone shaking in 2017 when she sang a little) but the fact that she did both last year made me so happy, I feel like the group is really complete now. 

glorious. we all know Mamamoo should share number 1 joint (haha no disrespect to Thylane who was number one, just showing my love and ambition for people to recognise Mamamoo and their everlasting beauty)

I think someone behind the scenes is a moomoo lol I've seen their youtube comments, maybe next year another member will make the list