• Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hi! (I've been lurking (without an account) here since Mamamoo's debut so, four years a lurker haha) Does anyone know when Hwasa's "I Live Alone" episode is coming out???

• Like 4

Well, I was younger and preferred to watch from afar. also I didn't want to get sucked into the wormhole that can be forums. I'll probably still lurk khekhe but it's really sort of amazing to see this small thread looking at mamamoo busking events and radio appearances (when they used to sing Primary songs and that American/British/Canadian(????) black trio/quad's song) and seeing it grow (even while watching from a far).

Anyway!

Carry on~~~

tbh, (with this new clip) I'm worried about the song not having a solid layout/pattern or sounding too disjointed. But, it looks good! And, with EVERY SINGLE person in the K-pop universe coming back, I think (and hope, once the final song is released) it'll be a unique enough sound to top the wave. I'm glad Mamamoo's reality shows are coming out rn to give them promo before the cb.

Edited by blahh

There is so much diversity in this album haha. Esp. with that Icarus song its like rnb => sad => Gfriend => sweg sweg => fun => fierce. It sounds more like they have three true album songs and two individual tracks (cfs, mb solo); which is essentially what the album is.

• Like 1

I really hope this song does well! I saw someone in the comment section of the Egotistic teaser commenting on how Mamamoo levels up every comeback (i.e. changing concepts, trying new things); something, they remarked, that other ggs don't as often do (maybe LOONA??).

(idk if this happens already) ik they get recognition for their talents but, I hope they get recognition for their musicality (i.e. solo pursuits, their collabs, and their (as of lately*) diff. concepts) relative to the other top ggs.

*I say "as of lately" because this diff. genre/concept exploration is new. After pre-debut/debut era + Ahh Opp, they went into that sort of girl crush, funky, quirky phase with ad-libs, radish costumes, fan-created costumes, funny faces (UOAH, I think). Ever since the Starry Night era (with their four seasons concept), they've been on this trajectory. But, they still maintain a "Mamamoo" sound.

I do agree about the intl. fan situation. As any K-idol group, Mamamoo's first priority will always, always be their Korean fans and Korean gc. If where RBW is able to objectively measure an intl. fanbase or intl. fan growth is lacking, under representing the intl. fanbase, then, RBW's response is quite understandable.

Though, in light of BTS' intl. success and Blackpink's intl. success (being dubbed, by (over)zealous fans, NGG) setting a new bar for top Kpop groups when measuring intl. bg/gg impact (esp. by stans when comparing K-pop groups to each other), it makes sense that Mamamoo fans are putting even more emphasis on intl. growth.

I wonder if RBW had any expectation of intl. growth and if so, had a plan for attracting intl. fans. Most ggs (esp. the other top ggs) don't seem to dedicate the same resources nor marketing for garnering a intl. fanbase as groups like Blackpink or LOONA do (to a lesser extent). So, I wonder how usual it is for management and CEOs to market towards intl. fanbase (esp. as a group from a smaller company & as a group that wasn't entirely expected to be so big) and if, given whether or not it is the case, RBW made a determination that it was better to heavily focus and capitalize on Korean growth.

When is the MV coming out? I thought it was 6:00pm KST? Does the MV come out before Red Moon is released?

Egotistic MV will be released at 6PM KST, same time as the album drops.

At 8PM KST Mamamoo will be having a fan showcase for Red Moon that will be streamed on Vlive.

Here is the link https://www.vlive.tv/video/80028

Then at 11PM KST they are going to have a Live One on Melon Aztalk. Don't know if you know, but they had a Live One for the Yellow Flower album as well. Soon afterwards it was put up on the 1theK channel and even got subbed pretty fast. Hope it will be the same this time too.

Thank you! I saw someone say "hours" and I was wondering if there was information I hadn't seen about the MV release. Thanks for clarifying!

^^^Showcase Live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (someone can post this in another thread if they like!!!)

They've haven't had a dance intensive song for a while so, it was interesting to hear if and how stable their voices were. Solar has a incredibly stable voice! Even with the nonstopping dancing, she hits seemingly hits every note. The other members are doing well  but you can hear that they are dancing more with them.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/rEfB-KcpLHI

Link to fan meet performance of Egotistic. Most likely given the increased dance intensity, I think they have more vocal assistance this time around as some of Solar's adlibs played while she wasn't singing.

Did they fix the mistake on Melon?

I actually don't watch reaction vids, unless its mamamoo, because I want to know how others got into mamamoo, and if they got into mmm the way i did.

mmm reactors i do watch - i like to watch the newer reactors with low subs because they seem more pure.  i use to watch jre but after mmm scandal his reacts to mmm seem fake

dani and cesar, they knew nothing of mmm, and she literally fell in love with them.

emloo - i watched her first reaction to mmm last year, and its funny how she fell for mmm

mind of mando - he looked like he was getting a heart attack this comeback

but thnx for this, even thought it was in korean, still funny

I don't watch reaction videos but I like looking at the thumbnails of non-moomoos to see what the general reaction to a Mamamoo song is. LOL, it's usually a good indicator.

Although not a bad song, my only complaint is that Sky Sky was included in the EP. First time I think a song is so out of place in a MMM release.

I agree. I think the album could've been more cohesive without Sky Sky, and to some extent Selfish. If there was a diff. song with a sound between Egotistic and Selfish, I think it could've flowed better. 

Rn, it sounds sort of awkward or forced.

Welcome!!

Their live performances are, for me, the best and most exciting aspects of the promotion season. Always so exciting!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

idk if UOAY never got number one but, UOAY did win multiple music shows. Them winning multiple shows + it being mamamoo's first win + a lot of other first (sales, chart ranking, public reception, fandom expansion) made UOAY a hit haha. It was what brought them out of nugudom.

I think the bar is different now (as an established group and considered one of big ggs) but, I do agree that longevity is what we should aim for!!!!!!!!

But, I do think variety shows will help their performance (as they usually have). Who knows, maybe at the end of the year award shows, they'll perform Red Moon songs and it will rise from the the dead and snatch everyone's weaves.

Oh yes! My b- that was YTB. Still, without the music shows, my point still remains. UOAY was their first landmark hit because it gave them recognition + charting + popularity despite no number ones or show wins and was their first branch out of nugudom. YTB was the official breakthrough but UOAY was their first hit.

And, the bar is still diff. as they are more established and are expected (not by me but y'know) to perform to or out-perform their last song.

Welcome! Egotistic is indeed very good!!!

• Like 4

there aren't many mamamoo articles in onehallyu floating around so maybe someone could distribute that article xd (i would but i'm not great at formatting and wasn't sure if someone else wanted to do it).

Hwasa saves the meat industry!

Discussion question: Long term, do you believe Mamamoo will see (the most) success individually or as a group?

• Like 1