Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hi guys long time lurker here, just wanted to ask if Wheein is going to promote her song on music shows?

It's trying to fight its way back to being a top 5 song on Melon, despite an absurd amount of releases, and if we could see their ULs, I'm willing to bet they would still be in the 550k-600k range.

Probably just around 400k-500k ULs though they already regained the 6th spot in the daily chart. I'm hoping SN to enter top 5 again if there are no new big releases due to the hype of members' individual activities.

Wheein did say they will not be promoting on music shows, but I'm still hoping wheein x sik-k, hwasa x loco can appear on sketchbook tgt.

Ah okay. So no physical album or even a promo for Wheein's debut song? I'm quite glad with the amount of projects the girls doing atm but I wished RBW did more than just a mv since this is actually an official member project. I hope they're not rushing things just to get on their schedule and plans this year. Tbh I didnt really liked the song that much, I'm actually hoping for outsider composers for the girls individual project but unfortunately for me it will still probably be kdh/park woo sang :(

• Like 1

The song is currently #13 on instiz but the same song appears on #16 too, I'm confused.

Anyway would need to wait till approx 1-2pm KST before we will see the song rise on instiz because only then will the daily charts be updated.

Other charts only have Loco as sole artist of the song thats why. Hopefully iChart fixed that.

Look at the percentage, I'm shook. Can I now.. hope for a melon ceiling hit then a PAK rlytearpls.png

soampv.jpg

Genie is down for maintenance till 7am lol.

Not overreacting here but dgitm can very well achieve a real time all-kiĺl tomorrow morning. MNet should lined-up this time

Edited by mmmstan
  • Like 1

Mnet better not pull its stunts this time round idontthinksobetchplz.png The very CAK PAK that eluded starry night...I will be equally pleased if don't give it to me gets it instead smile.png Monday morning would be very very interesting.

Anyone has any idea if the song can be considered for a gaon soty award?

Not probably, this is like smtm/hsr tracks which are releases from tv shows

• Like 1

girl keep on ranting... I agree so much

twitter I avoid like the plague... because lately is only an escalation of dumb and dumber things and no matter how much we should all be already occupied by actual good music dropping on our hands left and right... they still have the time to fight even between one another... like there are not more useful things to do

also about the myth of promoting and all that jazz that should be the problem solver for any release... like we have in front of our own eyes something that had 0 promo and got an All Kill on charts.... no real teasers, video or pictures, no constant talk about it... only a song come out of a show that air late at night and is not the most viewed show of all SK...so it's not that it has some kind of super power behind it that turns everything in gold

Hwasa got her 1st position and All Kill... if releasing teasers or get a super bombastic promotion is so fundamental well... why she is n°1???

I forget also to mention that promo doesn't help much because there are actually always too many people promoting at the same time, so the only one that are constantly updated with a group promo are the actual fans that follow them... in SK there is too much music released every single day, so the promo hype only the fandom, but also the fandom is already ready to support their group so this all circus (teasers videos and pictures) has zero real impact on how a release will actually perform with the general public

and you are so right abut broadcast things... what RBW can only assure is that the girls get to shoot it in days when they have the time to be followed around by cameras... but hello... it is the tv station that has a said in if or when something will air... and sometimes things happens, like strikes or change in panels due to something else... even how they choose to cut our girls sections is not up to RBW or the girls... so the final product and how the product will air is something unknown even from them till the very end

maybe a bit of self consciousness in the twitter world is needed because a lot of the complain that I read can actually been avoided in the first place if they take the time to think things through

and that's it for my personal rant

I know youre talking about twitter and all but I felt that I inadvertently started the conversation with my earlier post.

I have to say that you cannot just simply compare wheein and hwasa situation. Its just so different (song genre, artists involved, nature of release, etc).

Also promotion isnt just a myth or something that can be taken for granted. As moomoos we should know this by heart since mmm songs often rise after they start their promotion. And since rbw went ahead for Wheein OFFICIAL DEBUT I also expected them to have some kind of promotional plan for the song so I understand if some people were frustrated with whats happpening.

Also remember this a debut song, being a mamamoo member can only get you so far, you still need an individual promo tactics separately. I mean Taeyeon promoted her debut song in music shows as well Hyuna, Sunmi, Hyorin, Chungha, etc so why rbw didnt do the same for Wheein? Wheein is a performer through and through so I doubt she will opposed the idea of performing her OWN song in a stage

In end its a lot of what ifs, we cant know for certain if the promo will have any effect whatsover. Not blaming rbw, just wished they did it more properly

• Like 3

tumblr_oknktehBON1vksaceo3_500.gif

2ND REAL TIME ALL KILL!

:rlytearpls:

On another note, iChart better fix the glitch dividing the song into two entries, we needed that combined score for the CAK and possibly PAK tomorrow (when the iChart reset).

• Like 2

Jesus this instiz need to be fixed asap. They literally got the RT AK and it is not showing because of the stupid tag. Instiz you have one job, fix it!

the song is #4 and #6 in iChart :derp: This time all charts aligned to #1 but another problem arises. Seriously name a more iconic duo than mamamoo and not getting an AK

• Like 3

GUYS, WE CAN SEE 24 HR UL NOW.

euGjER4.jpg

CONGRATS TO LOSA ON AND ON FOR BEATING STARRY NIGHT'S FIRST 24 HR UL

Well deserved! Song is so good its been on the repeat since yesterday

Also its important to note that this is weekend UL numbers, probably a lot more if the song was released on a weekday

• Like 1

Not surprised, song is really good. Woogie, Loco and Hwasa did something very special here. Expecting a CAK then a PAK before the day ends :ahmagah:

• Like 3

That's the most nerve wracking thing I had to do after a long time. My heart was beating really fast.

There was some delay because I wasn't sure if I would be the one responsible to post it, and then triple check if it really was a certified all kill.

Man, gotta get ready for 20 minutes from now ifor the PAK

You did well. I would have made the thread myself if no one else does but apparently I still cant due to the posts requirement :lol:

PAK will happen next hour I think, the 16:30 KST update of ichart

Edited by mmmstan
  • Like 1

No No No

I am talking about official chart. It never got to #1. The last #1 they had was YTB.

iOO5oD0.png

They usually release their songs at the latter part of the week so their best chance of getting #1 is 2nd week (ytb case) but only if there is no new big release which happened during yes i am (heize) and starry night (big bang)

• Like 1

OK I need to get this off my chest. Don't Give it to Me just dropped to 2nd at Bugs, at the very same time as yesterday. #1 is Hwang Chi Yeul's new song.

Considering his last song A Daily Song was a success, I didn't suspect anything. But I see that his company is related to Bugs (or even Bugs itself ? Since it's uploaded on Bugs' youtube channel).

His new song doesn't do well on other charts, but I'm almost sure now that this is rigged. Jujima went back to #1 at 4PM KST, and went down to #2 at 3AM KST. If totalled, Jujima was #1 for 11 hours.

HCY's new song went to #1 on 3AM KST, and went down on 4PM. Which means 13 hours. It's calculated perfectly. If this follows the same pattern, next daily #1 on Bugs will likely by HCY's song, and thus ending Jujima's PAK.

I'm so upset if the PAK will really be ended by this lowly method. I respected HCY as an artist too, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

He has a pretty big chinese fanbase which probably mass streaming/downloading his song on Bugs? Smaller charts were easy to manipulate, other bgs fandom (eg got7) do this too whenever their faves comeback.

Anyways Melomance song is coming out so the PAK hours streak will probably going to end regardless. Lets wait if LoSa can regain the PAK later on which I think they can since they will do some promotion to the song.

Edited by mmmstan

this week's gaon digital index

#8 (-2) Mamamoo - Starry Night: 33,693,453

Total: 334,677,010 (13th overall this year, 4th for idol groups)

#36 (new) Wheein - EASY (feat. Sik-K): 14,125,45

#86 (new) Loco, Hwasa - Don't Give It To Me: 7,540,350 (*6 hours of charting)

• Like 4

Having now charted in the Melon top 10 for 8 weeks, Starry Night has now spent more time in the top 10 than any other Mamamoo title track.

You're The Best, Decalcomanie and Yes I Am each charted in the top 10 for 7 weeks.

Yet another record has been set during the Yellow Flower era dave.png

Hopefully they can extend the record, since they still chart at #7 even during peak hours.

EDIT: For the first time in weeks I feel, Starry Night is back to #6 on the Melon realtime 100. Maybe 10+ weeks in the top 10 isn't a farfetched dream rlytearpls.png

They're still #6 on the recent Melon weekly chart, so assuming park hyo shin, gfriend & the new groovyroom/vinxen/chungha song do well (melomance new song seems already losing steam) they will still probably inside the top 10 in their 9th week. The next week after that will be the hard one

Is the ost a ballad? Please give us another my everything (byullie should sing this time)

They're trending no. 1 in melon right now and starry night just jumped 3 spots at #8 in real time charts probably because of the ost news.

Are they going to slay the charts again, this time with an ost song? :hurr:

• Like 1

Love the song, love the instruments, its one of those spring time ballad

And though small im glad byul get to sing in her part instead of rapping

damn it didnt even debuted in Melon, sorry guys if i jinxed it lmao :lol:

I'd blame it on the announcement of this song made only a few hours prior to its release. Mamamoo's trending #1 on melon now though ;)

Yeah even mamamoo is susceptible to that i guess.

I hope the song charts though, mamamoo osts always charted and given its a kbs drama its going to be surprising if it wouldnt able to

Edited by mmmstan

This pretty much sums up my feelings every time I see Mamamoo owning another live performance and hyping up huge audiences, with no back up dancers or flashy stages, and armed with just their talents and stage presence.

tumblr_o0z0i3TfNp1ubby5mo1_500.gif

The Starry Night/Yellow Flower era has been so incredibly fun that it's hard to imagine we're only 1/4th of the way through 2018 with Mamamoo.

And I believe SN has now officially been in the top 10 on Melon for 10 weeks; that is their best mark by 3 weeks. If they can hold on a week longer (nigh impossible but alas), it'll be the 2nd longest run in the Melon top 10 of any current gen girl group song behind only Cheer Up (17 weeks).

Who would have thought that such an unconventional song (for a girl group) like Starry Night will be their biggest hit yet? Also achieving all of these coming in their 4th year?

Plot twist: their next 3 title tracks dont do well as Starry Night but at least they already deliver one of the biggest hit this year, im hoping for a top 10 spot on gaon yearly chart

I'm really looking forward too! Wheein did say a couple of weeks ago they have already started preparing for it :) I really really hope they pick a good title track for this upcoming comeback in particular to further build on the great great hype they have so far.

Not worried about the song tbh, its going to be good surely. im more concerned about how well rbw is going to promote the song.

Noooo don't jinx the girls T.T

A good song will take them so much further though :)

I'm not sure if rbw stepped up their promotions of the girls on variety shows or they are only getting increasingly accepted on these shows because of their stellar results on charts and music shows. Either way I'm very happy they have more opportunities on multiple variety shows these days :) I'm still waiting for them to go on running man ^^ they can even wear their radish onesies there LOL.

I'm just managing my expectation since from what I observed lately its rare for a big hit be followed by another bigger hit (e.g. winner's rr & lmlm/everyday, rv's rf & pab/bb, iKon's ls & rb, etc)

Aside from running man, I want them to be in happy together, i think talk shows are more suited for them. and another full group knowing brother episode

Edited by mmmstan
  • Dislike 1

If 23rd is the release date, we could probably expect a teaser soon right?

So I take it Selfish is going to be a rap song with Seulgi's vocal? While the first track will probably where Byul is going to sing?

Can't wait!

Edited by mmmstan