Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

Hi all!

New-ish moomoo here (my timing is impeccable). Amidst all the chaos, I feel like I need my radish fam. These girls floored me with their talent, personalities, and hard work and I'm disappointed, but not ready to let go.

I'm not familiar with Naver and Nate. can anyone here update me on how the public is reacting to them in SK? I saw a NB thread on OH, but it seemed like folks were just intent on bashing.

I too hope that Mamamoo can learn and move past this without it damaging their careers badly. I was so happy about all their year end awards and this hurts...

• Like 2

These moosical pictures are slowly stopping my heart.

I keep catching myself justifying why it's ok to swerve lanes and why each member is my bias as the gifs pop up. I squealed when I saw Hwasa's gaze. I drooled when Solar brought sexy back. I felt hot and bothered when Wheein told me to say her name. I was killed by Moonbyul's thrust.

I feel delusional.

• Like 4

It's #1 on Melon 11 am KST

Bless you Jung Key...

Edit: sorry for the double post!

Edited by Mango Juiced

Korea has woke up. say hello to Anymore's 1st Melon rooftop hit.

nQWxEtwS.png

So happy for Wheein and Jung Key!!!

I know that it shouldn't matter, but I really want them to get an All-Kill with this. Come on Naver, Mnet, and Monkey3... It's also nice to see DecalSmashU get more and more hearts on Melon. I think it's gone up by at least 300 the past couple days.

side note: I'm so happy to be a part of this fandom. Reading the YouTube comments of love and support on the videos... d'awww. I may have a heart after all.

Edited by Mango Juiced

Waiting for it on apple music to add to my regular play list.:lub:

There is an iTunes link in the description box of the original YouTube video. (I tried copying it and pasting it here, but it kept opening up in my iTunes app. I am on a phone. So sorry!).

I'm sure I've said it before, but I think it's time Mamamoo rock the "girl power" concept and come back with a concept that's less centered on their relationships with men and more about their status as charismatic, successful queens. 

YES! The first song that popped into my head was Hwasa's mom's Beyoncé's "Diva". I would love an anthem type of song from them. 

I'm also wanting a WheeByul dance unit appearance. Gah! 

Their next comeback will be my first with them and I'm patiently awaiting. I originally assumed it would be in early May, but I don't know now due to their Japan debut. 

@2younggirls on Twitter had posted a pic of Moonbyul in a gym. I'm probably reaching, but maybe they're gearing up for a comeback?

Maybe if we say "Mamamoo" three times in front of a mirror they will appear...

• Like 1

When byul said as long as she doesn't have to act cute, that was hella cute in itself laugh.png

It was!! also...

I like your sig <3

So how does one go about bottling and shipping fan girl screams?

First Wheein questioning her vocals and now Moonbyul's insecurities...  unsure.png

Especially with the recent Hwasa petition, I've really become much more protective of every member. Mamamoo wouldn't be Mamamoo without every.single.member. Let's try our best to make this upcoming comeback historic for them <3

Yes, yes, yes!

At least we get a Vlive soon!!! It's supposed to be a themed one right? I hope they drop hints for their comeback...

Edited by Wheein's Straw

OT

Also, a question for someone with more knowledge regarding idol culture (and possibly Korean culture): Is it frowned upon for female idols to drink on camera? I've been a casual listener of kpop, but only now am I learning about image, variety shows, etc. Mamamoo is very open, so I'm curious if this is specific to them or if I'm just unaware. 

small rant/ reason for asking in spoiler 

In the PDshow video, the Pink PD kept mentioning how  Mamamoo kept dancing as if they were in a club and was very critical of them. He also brought up Solar mentioning alcohol, and again, was critical. I was incredibly annoyed by this, especially after Hwasa mentioned in their Vlive that they don't really like clubs and prefer cocktail bars. Not that it should matter. These are grown, feisty women navigating a conservative culture and I love them. Also, I love that Yellow PD mentioned that Moonbyul is his type. Get that love.

Edited by Wheein's Straw
  • Like 1

I'm not korean so like my response won't be extremely accurate but I'm pretty sure they were somewhat shocked since drinking on broadcast isn't really a thing. Like basically every korean drinks (sadly) so I don't think its the drinking aspect but probably the fact that it was during broadcast. 

Most guy and girl groups don't do it since their drinking habits might be bad etc. but mmm literally is the same except crazier. So, I think they were just shook on how open they were about drinking. 

But if anyone wants to correct me, please feel free to do so

Ah, I figured. Don't know why I let it annoy me lol! Thank you for your response :)

Solar has beach related items on her top. Does it mean something?! She is holding a drawing of herself with pink hair. Will she dye her hair pink for the comeback?! Am I finding meaning in the mundane for no reason?! lol

Edited by Wheein's Straw
  • Like 2

Just your normal Moomoo day - we are at the point that everything is a potential spoiler.

This is my first comeback with them, or any group for that matter, and the anticipation is killing me. At least we have a lot of fancams coming through this month. 

• Like 3

I love the theories!

The first thing that stood out to me was that the shade of purple is called 'Hex'. I wonder if the color name means anything.

(now I'm imagining a Bewitched-style 1960s summer beach bop lol!)

I think "hex" is just what all online color codes are called, actually. It's not just that shade of purple.

Which is unfortunate because your idea of a Bewitched summer bop sounds amazing smile.png

Yeah, there's no kind of purple called hex ;) Although the idea is really nice if it would be the case.

Ah, good to know. I thought perhaps each shade code had an arbitrary title laugh.png

Also, "The Ultimate Wheein Experience" was so cute. I'm bookmarking it for when I need a pick me up.

I love logging on to find exciting news smile.png

Byul looks amazing with her new hair color and Yeba was hinting at new hair color with that drawing! She looks like a cute strawberry mochi. Is Wheein's hair red?

So excited for this comeback it's the first since I started stanning them. Also its crazy that decalcomanie is still charting after all these months even with such tough competition.

Me too. I'm looking forward to spazzing here with everyone smile.png

--This is probably completely wrong but the code thingy with the 74 etc that resembles a certain purple tone (A code on the computer for the color).. Could it be for Byul's blue hair + Solar's pink hair?

Probably not though but ok. 

The other code was for a purple. Maybe you are onto something? I like reading people's theories regardless of whether they are right or wrong. Keep them coming. 

Edited by Wheein's Straw

When they were taking the ice cream pictures...

I'm a dead moomoo

Sent from my SM-J200M using OneHallyu mobile app

I missed the video, but I keep seeing tweets about this. I can only imagine lol!

Edit: I, a pervert moo.

Edited by Wheein's Straw

They all look so good amgplz.png

I'm swervin' lanes again. Solar looks like Jessica Rabbit with that hair. I luv it!

ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO CONSERVATIVE BYUL??? Girllll that look is anything but. I'm officially freaking out. 

YES! She looks amazing

I stole your sig. Please don't be mad. It's pretty.

Edited by Wheein's Straw

Do we think the pre-release is also getting an mv à la 1cm?

I'm voting yes! It seems to be their pattern, but mostly I am hoping for a funny music video in classic Mamamoo style. Honestly, Mamamoo could probably make a song out of puns left on their YouTube comments.

Also, their vlive doesn't have playback yet... What does that mean?!

• Like 1