Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

And while we're on the subject, they haven't been on IS2 lately, have they? I haven't checked the show in awhile, I've just been focusing on their old performances, so I'm not sure what's been going on and I don't want to miss anything.

Their last performance on IS2 was "You, In my fading Memory" at the end of last year show. Being able to perform at that one was something special. It was the "Best of the Best Competition" show and since always only a limited amount of artists can perform in one show, for Mamamoo to be invited to that one was really great.

And you can't expect an artist to be a regular guest on this show anyway. Only few artists go there often, especially for an k-pop artists this is something exceptionally to be invited that often. 

• Like 1

I think they will take the concerns from the international fans serious and will eventually understand why many feel offended by that. And i'm sure there will be an official statement soon. The Decalcomanie video was also edited within a day to remove the scene in question which concerned a lot of fans that time.

On the other side, i also think international fans should try to understand what happened and where it happened. There's no blackfacing discussion in korea like there's in the western world. And even in the western world, this topic is handled in many different ways. For instance in the acting world, using makeup to make actors look like they are from other ethnicities is common. What Mamamoo did was nothing else. They did it to mimic someone very specific which they obviously admire and it had nothing to do with a statement about skin color at all. That should be kept in mind and unfortunately that is something, a lot of poeple seem to forget when dicussing this topic.

I totally agree with many here, that they should be made aware about the sensitivity of what they did and what it means for a lot of people but i really don't get the panic omg reaction some people (mostly in other threads about that topic here) have.

Edited by Chuuei
  • Like 8
  • Dislike 1

If they don't say anything about the mess right now, then it's worse. 

People have to give them propper time to react to this discussion. It only came up literally hours ago and everyone whishes for a proper response and not some half-assed one. Demanding instant reactions makes no sense, because that wouldn't give them any time to understand what even happend and why this was problematic for many. Giving instant reactions would remove any meaning from it.

What really makes me think not too negatively about this whole discussion is the fact that a lot of people seem to see no ill intent behind this. People hope they will reflect upon this and understand why this was offending for so many people and learn about it. And that's also what i wish for. People make mistakes for a lot of reasons, what matters is how they handle them. If this happens in a proper manner, i don't think this will have too much of an effect on their wellbeing. They raised this topic in a very unfortunate manner for sure, but if more people are sensitized to this topic, then in the end there might be even left something good from it. 

Edited by Chuuei
  • Like 5

The official response was issued: 

I think cutting the problematic part out of the concerts and apologizing is the best what they could do in such a short time and it shows that they take the concerns of fans seriously. Nevertheless i hope they will learn from this incident, understand what went wrong and avoid such things in the future.

GUYS. THESE ARE KILLER. HD AFFFF FANCAMS OF THEIR SOLO STAGES. I died. They are so good. Watch it in the highest settings and just appreciate mannnn ugh. So. Good. 

QRLGYBO.png These girls are not from this world. Everything else looks so pale compared to their live performances. 

She sounds so beautiful in this song rlytearpls.png These high notes in the ending part are so clear and powerful. A nice showcase of her vocal skills. 

...I wonder if Hwasa planned hers for the future? ...

Thought she had her solo years ago with Pink Panties jCQ9zCm.png 

How time flies, over two years since this masterwork of dorkiness came out fD4JAZe.png

• Like 2

While the green white is of course dominant from the raddish theme, i don't think they really want to be reduced to that in terms of colors. They are using different colors everywhere, their current lightstick can cycle between different colors of the rainbow, their company is called rainbow bridge world etc. I think of it as another part of being a little bit different than the rest. Suits them well i think.

About the frontpage design: It's of course totally left at the OPs discretion what to put there and what not. But i really wish for somewhat more timely updates. I mean the content is still from the You're the best era and also the poll is from the second last album. So i really would appreciate it, if it wouldn't take almost a year to update the post with the information about the latest albums and polls etc. Facts like members and their stats don't change, don't see why it shouldn't be possible to update the frontpage in a more timely manner.

The proposed design looks good but what i don't like is, all information about the member etc. is only in the pictures. No way for someone new to just copy a members full name for example and search for it if they are interested. That's one point i like more at the current frontpage design.

• Like 1

I didn't know about that thread takeover, but to be honest, when the OP posting looks the same for months, it's not that of a obvious change^^

Also i would like to emphasize that i didn't critize the OP for not doing something. The mad one is the one whose graphics were rejected, not I :)

That you're willing to update the OP posting for the comeback is nice. But one point of my previous posting is still valid in my opinion - Basic facts about the members don't change. There's no reason why such information is tied to specific releases and comebacks. I'm not saying, hey why don't you update it immediately, i know such things take time to make it a proper presentation, so making it with the new comeback is completely fine. But you should think about that point for future updates.

There are so many beautiful pictures of the girls around which aren't tied to specific eras and using such would give the advantage that the section would be always valid and could be used in everything what comes in the future unless people here get tired and want to see something new or one of the girls undergoes a massive style change or whatever. That would make it much easier for future updates where new releases could easily be added without the need of updating the basic information.

About that interested people goole anyway argument: Technically you're right. But i think if a user of this community, who isn't a MooMoo sees an interesting appearance of them and knows, hey we have a groups section where groups have their respective threads, lets check it out, it would make a really great impression to have a opening post which gives the relevant information since the target for the OP posting should be hold these searching people in this thread. And yeah, membernames wasn't the best example here since they are easy, but i personally would like a discography section for example (no idea if you are willing to include this, but i really hope for it) and having the original song titles would be super nice (especially with b-sides). And such information is more easily consumable when being able to be copied instead of using an IME to input hangul which most users don't use regularely.

Just some thoughts from me how an OP posting could be designed from an information point of view.

You love crazy ideas i heard? :) Here's mine.

I think like many others, this is a color code. I mean, this could be simply taken with an photo editor from an photo which means something for them for this comeback, but i think the meaning is discovered by trying to give it a name.

This code has no name defined by any standard but looking at it, for myself it mostly resembles a shade of the color mauve. And now i got a problem, i have no idea if this has a special meaning in korea^^ But in the western world, there are some association with it. The 1890's are sometime called the Mauve decade, but personally i think this is too far back in the past even for Mamamoo. Otherwise if someone could pull of a mixture of old sounds from that time combined with modern pop, then Mamamoo.

Another idea is, that mauve light is apparently used in theatrical productions for sunsets and there's a mauve jellyfish. So it's hints towards something beach, summerlike?!?! This idea also came up here in this thread some time ago from someone else.

I would be surprised myself if any of these ideas are only to the slightest amount in the right direction, but it's fun trying to get the meaning of a simple code :)

About P.O.P - i also thought about it, if this could have something to do with the new girl group from RBW. Maybe Mamamoo plays a role in their debut but personally i hope this is not the case. It would be distracting from the new group and Mamamoo is in their preparations for their comeback, dont think this would help anyone.

I also know about the Moonbyul pics from the airport. Where went she again? Is it this simple?

Edited by Chuuei
  • Like 4

P.O.P is a weird case at most they are Mamamoo half-sister. Their core is RBW - content, music, sound. I guess to not burden themselves this group will be manage by a different company which is DWM - everything about promotion and schedule will be handled by DWM.

To be honest i thought until now, this was a similar situation to RBA - WA when Mamamoo started. But on the other hand, that doesn't really matter anyway. Comparing a debut group with Mamamoo would be kind of really unfair and i for myself will check out P.O.P like every other group, no matter if they have relations to Mamamoo through RBW or not :)

Edited by Chuuei
  • Like 1

Yeah, there's no kind of purple called hex ;) Although the idea is really nice if it would be the case.

Hex in this case is the abbreviation of hexadecimal and means counting numbers with base 16 instead of 10 like we normally do which gives you single digits ranging from 0-9 and additionally A,B,C,D,E,F. Thats why the fourth digit of the hashtag is able to be an E. Numbers are often expressed this way in computer sciences since this directly represents how data is stored on your computer in bits and bytes because the computer operates binary with numbers base 2 and 16 is 2^4 etc. but i think this is getting a little bit too offtopic :)

Edited by Chuuei
  • Like 4

They are teasing us hard :/

One thing i realize with these teasers - i need to step up my learning of korean and learning about korean culture by a lot :) I mean, you can't possibly understand such hints correctly and missing out on a lot of connotations when you only know western associations for these things but not what they might possible mean in the korean understanding. Next time i want to be prepared :)

Y'all... Wheein's voice.... is doing things to me....

She's really testing my Moonbyul loyalty right now....

I gave up a long time ago, Wheein won me over since the beginning^^

But i completely agree with you guys, that OST is awesome, so pleasant to listen to.

Not sure if this was shared already but holy sh...!

giphy.gif

Found it here

Have seen it a lot the last days, but who am i to complain about that ;) I will never mind seeing such interactions between them ;)

First of all of course, poor Solar, hope she will feel better soon.

But was the official wording really "swallow"? I mean, if you swallow an insect completely , there's not much what happens and only the own disgust could be unpleasent for you. Your body will just digest it fine like everything else^^ I ate some ants by accident one time while eating berries, didn't taste that bad to be honest and with the berries being slightly sour anyway, i realized it relatively late^^

But what would be really unpleasent, especially as a singer would be getting something in your trachea while singing, this can end really bad i suppose when they take a deep breath and something flies in :/

Okay, to be honest i didn't like the longer blond hair she had for example while performing The way to Sampo, but this shoulder-long dark hair looks fantastic. We should be able to see this if we're (un)lucky, tomorrow in King of the mask singer, wasn't that long ago when they recorded it.

Ahh spoiler, nooooo, was just going to watch it. All ruined....

Joking :)

With their schedule mostly known to us, there was not much room left for her to be long on that show anyway without Moomoos knowing about it.

But if you say, it was a nice performance, i'm even more exited too see what she performed ;)

Edited by Chuuei

Okay now these posts look stupid and messy ;) I had to put in spoilers too, to reflect your ones but the quote of course still got my full answer^^ Hope noone else minds too much ;)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Another thing i didn't saw being mentioned before: Kudos to the new OP Posting! I like the clean, consistent design. Good to have the most recent information in it and being represented in a nice way. Good job in my opinion :)

One little tiny thing i would like to be changed, maybe the next time information is added with the new release or whatever, is the size of some fonts. The Hangul real names and stage names for example are not that easy to read in my opinion. (I'm looking at it on a 1080p monitor with standard DPI - i think on a 4k monitor it wil be even harder)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Hwasa looks so fabulous with her new hairstlye asurpriseblushplz.png

KOMS was so much fun to watch. That song was so laid back, i loved it.

The panel had so much praise for her and you could see how they suffered when they had to make a choice in the end. Ladybug also had a nice performance.

But in addition to Hwasa's song was the most entertaining part in my opinion Tony An and how he got teased with him almost worshipping her ilikeitplz.png She got a new admirer for sure hurrplz.png

Edited by Chuuei

It's ggomo attacking his mom - Wheein ;) I think he's still mad at her trying to choke him to death when she got the news she went to the top position of the charts with Jung Keys Anymore at that time^^

I totally love it when they are goofing off in such a relaxed atmosphere on these festival performances.

This one from two days before is also fun to watch. Their reactions are so funny when Basick decides noone needs text while rapping 0u0plz.png  (@~1:20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAgz6MPnUM0