Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I've been wanting to ask something..and I apologize if it has been posted before but..I still have to view over 1580 pages (of this thread)..

My question is..around what time did the Mamamoo members get their own appartments?

• Like 1

After the Um Oh Ah Yeah Era. That's when they made money off royalties to live alone (: 

Hmm, I see..thanks :)

• Like 1

Twitter is a mess currently because of the stage Mamamoo had (the one with the cubes). People from that western pop group want Mamamoo to be sued because of that

• Like 3

Apparently they invented boxes and performing in them.  :imstupid:

Yep, apparently they did ..  :imstupid:  not only that...they even managed to do so before they even got famous .. then again idk because I am not their fan  :derp:

I've seen. Like literally, it has me SO pissed off that people think that using a stage prop/idea only once and not to ever be used again. I don't see where these 13 year olds can tell me that using a Box in an intro for a performance is reserved for that group.

But, genuinly, ignore them. Because, it's SUCH a stupid thought and if they "sue" a group for the use of a stage idea, then it's going to be so funny because no court would ever see the problem. Why are fans so problematic? Why don't you just enjoy your groups stage?

That's the problem. Some "Fans" are so narrow minded. they think that "their" singer invented props etc, calling others copycats when in reality they copied it themselves.

It's one of those things that actually gets me really pissed off.

I try to ignore but how can I if those tweets pop up my feed. I must admit I am only a 2 month old moomoo but I seriously wish them more success and happiness. It annoys me the F* if people try to put them down by the most stupidest things. I agree.. I wish everybody would just enjoy their groups stage instead on jumping on a hate wagon. Some Fans are just so immature it seems

Is there actually a way to see the Gaon Awards in full? I stupidly missed the whole show by watching Mamamoo MVs & shows. I want to witness MC Solar 

Lmao, Trasharmony stans are always starting shit smh. They should be grateful an actual talented group made good use of those boxes~

tbh idk that group at all.. either they are not famous in my country or it's because I am already on the "older" side not being able to keep up with new groups. Thanks for cute Wheein / Ggomo update 

Some people need to learn something called perspective lol. That cube stage intro thing has been used for years.  I have every confidence that Pablo Picasso, inventor of cubism will be getting in touch with said unnamed group to sue them for their illegal use of cubes :P.

They probably won't learn and I agree..the cube stage has been used for several years and if I hadn't had such a memory like a goldfish then I could swear I have seen the cube thingie on several other western and asian artists aswell..but new problem arrises since they also now claim it's not just the cubes/boxes but the whole color scheme, lighting & graphic designs

I wouldn't worry too much about that plagiarism accusation; I highly doubt the acts on these awards shows come up with the scenarios/production ideas for their live stages themselves. Considering that BTS are also being accused of plagiarizing TOP's stage setting, it looks more like the Gaon Awards producer who was responsible for the live stages was lazy and "got inspired" by scenarios/stage settings from existing performances for some acts.

I do believe so aswell..the organizers are at fault but fans of that western group accuse Mamamoo and might even hurt their rep overseas(?)..they probably don't know who comes up with those stages on award shows. Makes me wonder who was the first stupid to tweet about that..i doubt a narrowminded "western groups only" fan would watch a korean award show..

Do some of these people crying plagiarism and sue even know what these words mean? And what exactly is the artistic work qualifying as intellectual property to invoke plagiarism accusations?

As a lawyer myself I find these sort of stupid unnecessary 'sue them!' comments even more annoying. Like please do some basic research and figure out that colors boxes and lights are not qualifications of creative works you can sue for. If that were to happen no one would be able to perform any stage again.

Also its so easy to shout accusations at groups, without realising how easily the hard work behind the stage is being discredited and how disheartening such things can be for all the people involved. Even if they are similar stages you should be proud that others found your faves stage an interesting enough idea to borrow from. And not act all crazy.

Well apparently those that cry plagiarism are quite uneducated.

I agree with you wholeheartly and you wrote down my thoughts better than I could (I'm not good in english) .

It annoys me to no end about those "sue them" commentors..is there a way to shut them up or to even make those tweets disappear?

Pop stars performing in boxes/cubes on stage and in videos has been around since the 80's. (i'm old enough to remember lol) Very little in modern music is original, because its already been done before. Plus there's nothing wrong with being influenced. Claiming the idea, words, music etc was yours is when it becomes problematic. People who spout such rubbish need to stop living in the moment and realise there's a long and wonderful history to music.

I know that because I am also already of the "older" kind. I am just overly annoyed over the claim of the other artists fans.  If the people who say such rubbish things were to stop living..omg..earth would probably lose half of its population..they would realize it later maybe (if they get older) that they were in the wrong. No stages of todays music are even original anymore because it has been done before already..I am waiting for the first music artist that sings in SIGN LANGUAGE. Now that would be something new..I think.

• Like 2

I was actually agreeing with you lol. Sorry if it came over otherwise. 

Regarding deaf music artists, they exist too. Its something I found out about fairly recently. Some, like Sean Forbes make their own music. Others make videos to other ppls songs.

No offense taken. Probably my mistake (english isn't my first language)

Oh so there are already artists who do that? Hmm, I guess then everything has already been done before :)

To the one (YamaChan?) that goes to attend Moosical Curtain Call .. please cheer loudly on behalf of all the iMooMoos who are not able to attend .. Thanks and Enjoy yourself  :smile:

• Like 2

My wallet feels empty .. I just bought all their albums, physical and on itunes.

Nothing feels better than supporting the artists you love, I just wish there are posters of MMM that you could buy -_-;

Didn't find any..

ranking the Immortal Song performances is hard esp. if I like them all..but I slightly prefer the upbeat ones more than the slower ones.

I wonder who is who in the manito game. Any guesses?

If you go to sites like KpopTown and KpopMart when albums are released, they normally offer the CD + Poster option for a limited amount of time.  (You don't get to choose which one though :-( )  

I like buying at YesAsia because apparently they (their sold albums)  also appear on the k-charts/hanteo .. but next time i will check those 2 sites u mentioned..I am just unfamiliar with them. I really want a poster from Mamamoo.. 

Moonbyul have played guitar during a WGM episode, but I never saw her play the piano sadly....and Solar have played both of them, her rendition of the Elvis's song on WGM is really something ^_^ , and we all saw her play the piano on different occasions

Moonbyul had a guitar on her lap during that WGM episode but I never heard her play there..or was it shown in an unaired footage?

but they are amazingly talented

can we just stop a moment and appreciate this goddess?

If you're looking for posters you should check also Ktown4U during pre-order sales, usually if you buy albums in pre-order they give you posters for free and it's usually cheaper than kpopmart/town. In addiction they also have tracked shipping for most of the world.

Ok I only hope that I catch the pre-order sales because I am usually slow in catching up with those kind of things...

Hwa sa with make up looks like a End boss (in a game) that you don't want to mess with smile.png

Hwa sa with NO make up looks like one of those quest givers

btw, I stumbled upon this "old" clip from 2015 .. does anyone know who the guy with Moonbyul is? (or does anyone know korean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD42rDA3a3Y

Edited by KuroYul
  • Like 1

I think he might be a staff member from their Googims shoot? On the Googims Instagram there's a lot of behind the scenes pictures with him in the background with the staff and there's one where he's adjusting Hwasa's hat. Idk for sure though!

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

Don't have instagram, so I can't really check but the reason I posted that is because google translated some of the korean asking "who's that man" so I was curious..esp. since 1 comment said "it's her bf" and then other commented on it..but then again..thats google translate..it's not accurate unsure.png  Oh well never mind and thanks for replying :)

I keep reading there will be a stream for the concert tomorrow.. where?

I have been thinking something..

I've been rewatching the YKBK Happy Newyears VAPP video and it was mentioned that "after shooting the MV for New York, which ended at 7am..Moonbyul had to attend the WGM panelist shoot at 10am" .. now NEW YORK mv was released in september I think, but from my memory .. Moonbyul was only shown twice as guest in the wGM panel (with the other panelists) around episode 1 - 10 or so..however later she wasn't shown which makes me think..is there a video to that or something?

The live stream will be posted here? sorry, Idk where else to look for it...

@Yamachan

I posted it before but..cheer loudly for our ladies on behalf of us iMooMoos :D

Edited by KuroYul

Wah lucky moomoos attending smile.png

but from the livestream..something intersting must have happened....its sad that we cant see hahaha

Whee In and Hwa sa - say my name? Do I hear right?

Edited by KuroYul
  • Like 1

I'm at work so it's almost impossible hearing the stream without interruptions but when I heard "Say my Name" I felt the immediate need to start screaming. JESUS! I can't stand these girls! Singing say my name?!? GOd ...

Wow..you would be screaming more if you heard Moonbyuls song..it was really good and then Solar's stage..I literally just got home just to listen to the stream ... I think it is even better seeing it live... YamaChan can witness the whole awesomeness *nosebleed*

This is so lit, I love MMM + live band I love Moosical, give me that DVD @ RBW!!!

Edit: Hwasa really is the maknae on top, get it girl!

yea i hope they release a DVD now..I will throw my money at RBW just for that DVD!

I think I'm dead..

or my ears have just been extremly blessed 

lol...Moonbyul and Hwasa are WHIPPED Line .. they were so nice to Angel Line (who were dissing them) ahmagahplz.png

• Like 4

Wow.

I promise I'll be more coherent when I'm recovered and not completely ascended to radish heaven.

Sorry to quote you like this but I have a question, since you were there and you could see...

but in one of the fancam videos (esp. where MoonSun were on the second floor), you can see empty seats.

Do you happen to know if those empty seats were full of MooMoos (and they left early because they didn't expect the encore UOAY stage) or if they have been empty already before? I am curious.

I don't want to rub it in, but as someone who listened to the audio streams for the first moosical, hearing it is only 1/10th of the experience.

WHEEIN THREW CANDY AT ME

MOONBYUL PERFORMED ALL OF DANCE BREAKS RIGHT IN FRONT OF US

SOLAR DID HER CUTE PART IN LOVE LANE RIGHT AT US

WHEEIN PERFORMED HER SOLO AND THEN CAME DOWN TO US AND ASKED US TO SAY HER NAME

Epic. Just epic. The banter between theme members that you can only see was almost worth the price of admission alone. MoonSun never tune it down. Their flirting was the main reason Hwasa had to stop in the middle of her closing remarks to figure out why we were all freaking out.

Dat Immortal Song 2 Medley doe

Perfect concert from the perfect group. Forget k-pop.

Mamamoo is world class

You are right, we only heard but it can never be the same experience you had. You didn't only hear the sound, no you saw the artists perform, you felt the atmossphere they created, you felt their presence and it was of course not compareable with us "livestream listeners".We didn't even see MoonSun flirt because we are only listening while you were witnessing.

Alone from the livestream tho you could hear how powerful the whole show was and I agree..they are a fantastic group that I don't regret joining.

You make it seem like Whee In literally threw candy in your face laugh.png laugh.png (I don't mean it in a bad way...please don't be offended)

Edited by KuroYul

Edited by KuroYul
  • Dislike 2

Shouldn't we spread the apology so that people will know?

I'm only wondering because the controversy spreaded like wildfire..

• Like 5

It's spreading in twitter from what I can see and that should help a lot. No posts on the forum yet though...

I will pm you because I too want to spread on Twitter AND Instagram but eventho I have those accounts..I don't know how to use these media (yep, being older doesn't help always help)

There are some concerns on Twitter asking if many fans attended or if some seats were empty because of what happened. Maybe YamaChan will let us know later?

Is that a camera I spot? Does that mean we might finally get DVDs? 0u0plz.png

but look at those lighting radishes :)

and I am not going to reply to that other posts..I am a little bit tired from all this..

Makes me appreciate Whee In's voice more..She is really good in singing that.

Btw, anyone here or know someone who is fluent in korean? I stumbled upon a korean youtube video about mamamoo and while google translate is not helpful it says alittle bit about it..

• Like 1

I believe the thread's OP might be able to assist (not sure but give it a go). If you send the link, I know a kmoomoo who might be able to translate if she has the time ^___^

Should I send it at you or to thread OP? I am confused with noseblood loss (after watching Solar and Moonbyul for 30 minutes)

I wish those RBW Trainees luck but I hope that RBW won't neglect promoting Mamamoo.

A few pages back (I think) it was mentioned that Mamamoo opened a japanese fancafe and there were plans to enter that market..it's nice to hear that finally they are making a step towards some of their international fans but shouldn't they  do alittle bit more in korea first?

Someone mentioned that on FB that post of their announcement wasn't so well received by the koreans (or maybe someone who knows the language can "scoop over" the comments and have a look)? I do worry for those girls.

Also..that Mnet meet&Greet thingie..I am quite surprised at current results..but where will that happen? in the us? 

BTW @YamaChan .. nice video and a great "inview" :) I would have left a comment on YT but I only wanted to leave there as fast as possible because another channel(with its comments) triggered my "hot head"

Edited by KuroYul

Mamamoo's winning the poll for meet and greet (don't know if they go by USA time or Korean time)

I still have no clue what's going to happen next and what I would need to do..to participate...