Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever

Which universe you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I can see myself stanning for them. This song is so fucking good.

I wonder what their name means?

Do any of these girls have twitters or instagrams, yet?

I need more information on this group. When will the next songs come out?

When will they debut?

I love "Don't Be Happy" but I need more omg  :horror: Especially since they aren't promoting it on music shows. 

There is one tumblr for them.

Mamamoos.tumblr.com

Why was she there?  Was she featured on a song also?

Yep, she was featured on a song with Geeks. One minute in:

Edit: Apparently, Ailee sang the original but I guess she wasn't available for their performance so they used Solar. 

Edited by YOONGI
  • Like 1

How are Mamamoo getting to collab with all these big names??  :omg:

---------

140209 WA_Mamamoo Tweet

Thoughtful and witty K-Will (@Thsm1) sunbaenim! We heard the news from sunbae that he will be appearing on “Real Menâ€! We will absolutely be cheering him on! Please have a lot of anticipation for the single with K-Will + Wheesung + Mamamoo that will be released on February 11th!

Translation by [email protected]
Please do not take out without proper credit.

Edited by YOONGI

^^ The only new bit from that article:

Netizens upon seeing the picture, "So it will be with K-Will and Wheesung..of course it will hit daebak", "How am I supposed to wait until the 11th?ã… ", "It's a given that K-Will and Wheesung have good voices, but Mamamoo also have really pretty voicesã… ".

We already knew it would come out on the 11th, but the article specifies the 11th at NOON

Hi guys, thread newbie. The teaser I just witnessed confirmed that I NEED to become invested in this group :ahmagah: .

Let's have a successfiul 2014 with OUR girls :lub: . Can't wait to start another new journey with a new group and fellow fans!!!!!!

Hi! Welcome to the thread~  :smile:

Glad more people are beginning to love Mamamoo  :ahmagah:

This song is so catchy omg  :omg:

I love everything about this. 

In the Don't Be Happy video, it kinda felt like the spotlight was more on Solar to me, but in this video I feel like Whee In was the star of it. I saw her a lot and my eyes definitely gravitated towards her a lot. She was killing the choreo, too. They all were, but her especially. 

Also, I like Moonbyul's rap voice. 

With her getting solo dance parts and the other three being together, even though she and Moon Byul did the dance for the group intro together, I think she's may be the main dancer and Moon Byul more like lead.  I think there was a lot of Moon Byul/Wha Sa, though; they got lots of face time when there was rapping whether they were the ones rapping or not (which is only fair since they weren't in  DBH....)

Oh, I know everyone was shown quite a bit, but I guess the parts where I saw Whee In just stuck out to me more. I do think it was quite balanced. I'm not complaining or anything lol. I don't have any favorite yet since we really still don't know much about them. Just observations~

?  I wasn't chiding you or anything. XD  Though for some reason I got negged when I said in the other thread that Solar didn't seem to stand out much in this MV.

I think it will be a while before I actually can distinguish their voices, though....

Yeah, I didn't really notice Solar much in this MV. Which is kind of good because the others can get more spotlight. At this point, I think Solar is the most well known out of Mamamoo anyway. 

And I can kind of tell when I hear Solar's voice sometimes. In this MV, I thought I heard Solar once, but Whee In was lipsyncing that part. So I don't know if it was actually her singing or she was just lipping it. Lol.

I think when they start doing lives I'll get the hang of it. Easier to match voice to face like that. For me anyway.

Images from being in the studio with K.Will and Wheesung.

BiOhaIT.jpg

iG62mqS.jpg 

IAaL9uK.jpg

gQJxZNv.jpg

W45jern.jpg

d2QR6cD.jpg

R64aqfc.jpg

OTjeRey.jpg

Gc8JnWN.jpg

• Like 1

Images from the set of the MV!

CBT3OgI.jpg

gYDEkPs.jpg

JQ4S048.jpg

xnKNQTr.jpg

F6DOq8a.jpg

mausMI1.jpg

c7yMlA4.jpg

Sqelk5J.jpg

hqnRecR.jpg

F4XRdJI.jpg

zZ2zxVT.jpg

n6ywx2U.jpg

eGwjU9R.jpg

Pictures are from here:

Go to that link and you can see two behind the scenes videos. One from the studio, and one from the MV set. 

Wha Sa seems so cool and laid back after watching that video from the studio. I love the Mamamoo greeting, too. 
  • Like 1

Hello I'm new, although I've been a silent lurker in this thread. I love all of their releases and right now my bias is tied between Moon-Byul and Wha Sa. I hope I am welcomed in this thread :)

Can't wait for their debut!

Welcome to the thread! I hope you post a lot in the future  :smile:

-------------

Gina tweeted in support of Mamamoo!

"Some Guy, Some Girl" ~ Mamamoo & K-Will Oppa! Feat. Wheesung Oppa!ㅋ Wow!ㅋㅋ If you make a surprise MV appearance I will have to watch it for sureㅋ Cool guys "Vixx"!!!^^ I hope you will show Mamamoo a lot of love and interest!♥ Hwaiting!

I wonder if they will continue with another Jazzy R&B song.  

I hope so! That's the sound I love from them, and  no other girl groups are doing it right now, I don't think. 

Edited by YOONGI
  • Like 2

Makes me wonder how well their official debut song will actually do.  

I think it's hard to say. 

Right now, their song has K. Will's name first when being credited, and Don't Be Happy had Bumkey's name attached.

I think they will do very well for rookies, but not as well as if they had a big name attached. Hopefully, people will remember Mamamoo from their prologue singles when their debut happens.

• Like 1

tumblr_n0zje9EXdE1tqq3f5o1_500.jpg

140214 WA_Mamamoo Tweet 

[MAMAMOO] Because today, February 14th, is the day that Doctor Ahn Joong Geun was sentenced to death, Mamamoo has come to visit. We will always remember the people who devoted themselves to the nation, and live with a thankful heart towards them. 

Translation by [email protected]
Please do not take out without proper credit. 

• Like 1

I just decided that I think I like Peppermint Chocolate better than Don't Be Happy, although they are both obviously very good. 

Which do you guys prefer?

Edited by YOONGI

Peppermint Chocolate is my jam!

And do you guys know how well their first song did on the Billboard K-Pop Hot 100?

I'm not sure, but I know Athena usually keeps up with all the Mamamoo sales and chart info, so maybe she'll see your post and be able to tell you. 

Thanks, and yeah the Billboard chart in Korea is pretty irrelevant but I was curious. :lol:

OMG her voice is amazing. :ahmagah:

I really want to hear more of Whee In's voice tho, because I know the other two are rappers (Moon Byul is a rapper/dancer and Wha Sa is a rapper/vocalist right?)

Yep!

Solar - Leader, Main Vocal

Moon Byul - Rap, Dancer

Wha Sa - Rap, Vocal

Whee In - Vocal, Dancer

I already joined, but you have to level up to see anything good lol. Will attempt later