Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
HimawariAmu

[Official Mamamoo Thread] MAMAMOO & MOOMOO Forever | Hwasa 1st Mini Album María 2020.06.29

Which universe you prefer?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Solar's universe you prefer?

• Princess
    • Boxer
    • Rockstar
  2. 2. Moonbyul's universe you prefer?

• Music video director
    • Choreographer
    • Entertainment CEO
  3. 3. Whee in's universe you prefer?

• Environmentalist
    • Painter
    • Indie artist
  4. 4. Hwasa's universe you prefer?

• Mother
    • Musical actor
    • President
  5. 5. Favorite MAMAMOO member?

• Solar
    • Moonbyul
    • Whee in
    • Hwasa
    • OT4

I love how chill and open-minded you guys are.

I honestly won't say anything regarding the announcement, there could be things we don't know so I won't just be quick to judge.

All in all, I'm glad that our Mamas are okay. Car accidents have claimed so many lives (including the precious EunB and RiSe) and it still shocks me when I hear people experiencing car accidents, especially Kpop idols. I just hope the driver can be very cautious next time, because there are four talented ladies on board, four women that we love so much.

:cry:

so apparently Mamamoo are back with their tight schedules today (after a day resting) and there's been a lot of fan accounts saying Moonbyul needed support from the staffs to walk (especially walking upstage and downstage).

and of course k-moomoos are raging again and asking everyone to retweet those tweets to make RBW reflect on it.

and although Mamamoo had to attend 2(?) events today (screw that, i just checked and they had 3 events today wtf) but they didn't do any dancing performances (just sitting and standing while on stage), instead they sang more songs than usual.

idk what to think rn. should i feel mad bc they had to perform when they weren't really stable yet? or should i feel relieved bc they didn't have to dance and do heavy performances? and then there's this fact that Byul needed support to walk really worries me, damn i hope she's okay with the upcoming schedules, can't they just have more time to rest?  :unsure:

on a bright side, Wheein's hair was super cute today and she looked extremely happy. :lol:

Edited by Dolores Haze
  • Like 13
  • Dislike 1

its not acceptable that if there are any injuries that the girls are made to perform. I mean I know its kpop and people harp on about it being a "part of the job" but if youre injured you should be taking measures to ensure no further damage is done and resting where possible.

does anyone know how much RBW would have to pay for cancelling appearances at events? i mean i know they booked the girls in for a hella lot of events and if theres a "last minute cancellation/compensation fee" theyd have to pay id be interested in knowing the value RBW place on it against the girls getting any rest....

is it her leg or her arm because she seems to be a little more conscious of her arm again... hmm...

^ Someone said it's her left arm...but she held her mic just fine or I'm just too unobservant lol sorry.

I'm still slain by that amazing Wheein gif. She's been absolutely stunning lately. Well she always has been but even more so!

• Like 1

its not acceptable that if there are any injuries that the girls are made to perform. I mean I know its kpop and people harp on about it being a "part of the job" but if youre injured you should be taking measures to ensure no further damage is done and resting where possible.

does anyone know how much RBW would have to pay for cancelling appearances at events? i mean i know they booked the girls in for a hella lot of events and if theres a "last minute cancellation/compensation fee" theyd have to pay id be interested in knowing the value RBW place on it against the girls getting any rest....

is it her leg or her arm because she seems to be a little more conscious of her arm again... hmm...

It looks like it's her left side in general.

This honestly makes me furious. Having trouble walking isn't a minor injury  :soul: 

It's annoying because some other companies actually care about their performers' well being.

I'm pretty sure the majority of k-Moo Moos would not have cared if RBW allotted time for MB to recover from whatever injuries she sustained in the wreck. 

Hello everybody. Just passing by to know if there is some real information/details about the car accident. If it was RBW's fault, or some alcoholic douchebag hit them with his/her car.

Also if the reason why moonbyul is like that is due to the incident.

Thanks, bye!

Hello everybody. Just passing by to know if there is some real information/details about the car accident. If it was RBW's fault, or some alcoholic douchebag hit them with his/her car.

Also if the reason why moonbyul is like that is due to the incident.

Thanks, bye!

No idea about the incident details tbh. Im sure one of our dedicated moomoos will pelrovide it soon.

Hoping for some bloody clarity tbh!

All RBW's shenanigans aside, I don't believe RBW absolutely forces them to perform if the accident totally incapacitated them to provide some type of show to an audience (ESPECIALLY if RBW knows they're having a serious stage comeback soon). Cancelling 2 or 3 live shows is a small price to pay for RBW at this point I think. So my guess is MAMAMOO themselves expressed the will to still perform for their fans. The girls probably get paid more for live appearances than sales anyway so they definitely benefit from showing up to gigs they've already committed to doing.

Sometimes (when it's safe enough) the "show must go on". 

• Like 5

ngl i went on the bashing thread for the first time trying to find the user and wow every1 is so negative

LMFAOOOOOOO U GOT THAT SELF CONTROL IF I WAS U I WOULDA HIT THAT @ IN THIS THREAD REAL QUICK MY GODDDDDDDDDDD

Edited by radish lightstick
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm trying to steer as clear from the topic as I can, and just wait for facts (that being a huge if of course), but I hope it doesn't become a trend to call RBW the worst company ever anytime we want to express a disagreement about our perception of what is going on behind the scenes. 

I mean, if I had to pick a company to work for as an idol (and this isn't just my bias talking), I would choose RBW in a heartbeat. They do care about their artists, they give them lots of creative input and I don't feel it's all that out of place when someone says "RBW family", unlike a certain other company run by a guy who likes his caps. 

Mamamoo has very obvious affection for the staff and leadership at RBW, so to be blunt, I highly doubt they feel like they're being treated like shit on a regular basis. 

Let's not be so quick to demonize them around all these health issues. Sometimes it's a struggle to protect the girls from their own desire to put on immaculate performances. Or have we forgotten how hard RBW and the other members of Mamamoo had to fight Wheein to stay in her chair during stages, after she hurt her ankle? And Solar was reluctant to even let Moonbyul help her around on stage, when she hurt her toe a few months back.

I think some of the ambiguity is on RBW, but some of it may be on Mamamoo as well, likely because they absolutely don't want MooMoos worrying (not that it's unjustified) like we have in this thread and like K-MooMoos did to a much greater degree, so much that Solar felt the need to apologize. 

This is uncharted territory for us as a fandom, as Mamamoo is in as high a demand as pretty much any girl group out right now. So let's not savage RBW and each other over it. 

I'll cut myself short here, though there's a little more I'd like to say. I swear this is my last tl;dr for the rest of this month  :imstupid:

• Like 7

No idea about the incident details tbh. Im sure one of our dedicated moomoos will pelrovide it soon.

Hoping for some bloody clarity tbh!

Ok, thanks pal.

OFFTOPIC.

Is this the place where you can play 'Mamamoo games' ? Or is there any other part of the forum where you do that kind of stuff? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Romade

Chances are they've been cleared of fractures in hospital so they've been affected it's most likely soft tissue such as muscle spasms. Even muscle spasms shouldn't be treated lightly but maybe not dancing was their way of getting around the problem.

On a lighter note what show or variety would be best to watch to get to know them?

Edited by silverlining

Ok, thanks pal.

OFFTOPIC.

Is this the place where you can play 'Mamamoo games' ? Or is there any other part of the forum where you do that kind of stuff? Thanks in advance.

http://onehallyu.com/forum/17-forum-games/

Here you go!

Chances are they've been cleared of fractures in hospital so they've been affected it's most likely soft tissue such as muscle spasms. Even muscle spasms shouldn't be treated lightly but maybe not dancing was their way of getting around the problem.

On a lighter note what show or variety would be best to watch to get to know them?

Go to their youtube channel and watch ALL their Mamamoo TV episodes. They're hilarious. After that, you might as well watch their Showtime with GFriend, since that just recently wrapped up. 

You can find English subs for all of them here http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/on their video index. Plenty of links to their other varieties as well. 

If you want to know their talents, then just watch them on Immortal Song 2. Also in the video index and easily found on youtube.

• Like 2

http://onehallyu.com/forum/17-forum-games/

Here you go!

Go to their youtube channel and watch ALL their Mamamoo TV episodes. They're hilarious. After that, you might as well watch their Showtime with GFriend, since that just recently wrapped up. 

You can find English subs for all of them here http://www.mamamoo-trans.com/on their video index. Plenty of links to their other varieties as well. 

If you want to know their talents, then just watch them on Immortal Song 2. Also in the video index and easily found on youtube.

this would include variety shores that they've appeared in right? The little clips of their archery not only showed off different skills but was comedy gold.

Hate to drag the topic on and on, but I've gotta vent a bit.

Frankly, the fact that Mamamoo is getting paid puts them in the top tier of idol treatment by companies. Which is why my wish was for RBW to leverage their popularity for more expensive gigs. Quality over quantity is key.

A k-moomoo made a post about their feelings and I have to admit I feel like this

I wish Mamamoo could know that the fan anger is not directed at them, and it's not their fault for being tired/sick/hurt at all. It's just a really frustrating feeling.

I guess we also have to consider that they've already filmed a MV for the comeback and they may be practicing choreo for music show stages.

So any injuries may not be related to the car accident but rehearsal instead. Remember when Solar got randomly injured during Moosical rehearsals and showed up to the Showtime press conference in a cast?

On any given day, I worry the most about vocal strain. Unlike broadway singers or etc., Mamamoo can't take a day off and have understudies take over. And I have my doubts on whether RBW has hired a vocal coach to help them manage their voices through all these schedules. Plus if they're dieting, that's also a strain.

• Like 13

Meanwhile I'm sitting here waiting for my Mamamoo tattoo touch up appointment

8370CADC-7AB4-4105-BA3C-A673649D289B_zps

• Like 5

this would include variety shores that they've appeared in right? The little clips of their archery not only showed off different skills but was comedy gold.

Indeed. The index has virtually every video produced featuring Mamamoo. You'll find a lot of great stuff there.

First and last thing I'll say on this, since I'm not at work and not raging at competitive Overwatch. YamaRant coming. You've been warned.

While I'm disappointed in RBW, I don't suddenly think they're a shitty company. They have incredible staff that I've been fortunate enough to interact with at least once, and they're one of the best run companies literally in South Korea, not even just K-Pop. I also think the CEOs "get it" and see Mamamoo as more than just an asset to the company. 

Obviously there's a business side to it too, but Kim Do Hoon said the first thing he looked for when forming Mamamoo was for girls that know how to have fun and enjoy the stage, and he also said they rarely ever have conversations or meetings with a serious, formal tone.

All that is to say RBW, at least with me, has enough credibility and a fantastic body of work in a short amount of time, that I won't get out the torches and pitchforks over them stumbling over this one issue. We don't really know how anything went down behind the scenes.

We also have to keep in mind that Mamamoo is a group of workaholics. They've each said how much they hate being bored and not having schedules, so maybe there have been times where RBW has asked them "Is this too much for you to handle?" and the girls may have answered "No, let's do it", especially in the case of Solar. She is both hard-working and self-sacrificing. 

As fans, we're going to have to hope for the best and that they get plenty of rest, but we have to live with the fact. They love what they're doing and intend to do it as much as possible. 

They're about to have another comeback. Their schedule is going to get even busier. So let's find a way to be supportive and constructive at least, so Solar doesn't feel obligated to post more completely unwarranted apologies. 

With the way K-pop idol schedules are, this is one of the prices of popularity unfortunately, and while I also think it sucks when they're pushing themselves to their limits, I know Mamamoo wouldn't have it any other way, so I have to trust them when they say they do find ways to get rest in between schedules. 

But really, moomoos, we have a lot of great new music, videos, outfits, hairstyles and performances right around the corner. There needs to be more positive vibes in this thread. Too much tension in the radish fields lately! We know they read this thread from time to time. Let's remain a happy radish farm, especially since there were no major or even minor injuries from the accident. 

They do!? I hope they haven't seen my cringey posts then...  :._.:

Hate to drag the topic on and on, but I've gotta vent a bit.Frankly, the fact that Mamamoo is getting paid puts them in the top tier of idol treatment by companies. Which is why my wish was for RBW to leverage their popularity for more expensive gigs. Quality over quantity is key.A k-moomoo made a post about their feelings and I have to admit I feel like this

I wish Mamamoo could know that the fan anger is not directed at them, and it's not their fault for being tired/sick/hurt at all. It's just a really frustrating feeling.I guess we also have to consider that they've already filmed a MV for the comeback and they may be practicing choreo for music show stages.So any injuries may not be related to the car accident but rehearsal instead. Remember when Solar got randomly injured during Moosical rehearsals and showed up to the Showtime press conference in a cast?On any given day, I worry the most about vocal strain. Unlike broadway singers or etc., Mamamoo can't take a day off and have understudies take over. And I have my doubts on whether RBW has hired a vocal coach to help them manage their voices through all these schedules. Plus if they're dieting, that's also a strain.

This is a great post tbh.

I understand that moomoos feelings....

I hope mmm dont pretend theyre okay if theyre not.

to sum up the drama on twitter right now

k-moomoos are raging because of RBW's late response about the event cancellation (and the way RBW kept quiet about Mamamoo's current state at the time).

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu mobile app

Wow, I'm really late to this. But I'm just glad they went to the hospital and are alright. That is all. 

I have to agree with Lene on the vocal strain. Not only the events and concerts they have to attend, but the working behind the scenes they did (their own stuffs and featurings Wheesa get on frequent basis). I can just hope they rest their voice whenever they have a mini break (no schedule for work ANYWHERE).

Sigh. Let's stop talking about this since the Twitter atmosphere stresses me out.

So guys, what do you think of the new song list Mamamoo did for their live stages? I personally love it so much.

Here's the list:

Hihihaheho

Don't Be Happy

Girl Crush

I Miss You

Words Don't Come Easy

New York

UOAY

While it seems a lot (and also worried me bcs that means they sing longer than usual), I'm glad they perform a new list so that people knows about their side-tracks :)

• Like 5

I have to agree with Lene on the vocal strain. Not only the events and concerts they have to attend, but the working behind the scenes they did (their own stuffs and featurings Wheesa get on frequent basis). I can just hope they rest their voice whenever they have a mini break (no schedule for work ANYWHERE).

Sigh. Let's stop talking about this since the Twitter atmosphere stresses me out.

So guys, what do you think of the new song list Mamamoo did for their live stages? I personally love it so much.

Here's the list:

Hihihaheho

Don't Be Happy

Girl Crush

I Miss You

Words Don't Come Easy

New York

UOAY

While it seems a lot (and also worried me bcs that means they sing longer than usual), I'm glad they perform a new list so that people knows about their side-tracks :)

I like the different setlist they have. Not only does it help them rest a bit because they're not dancing, it also helps their vocals.