Official Yuri!!! on Ice Thread

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationWherever Krystal wants me to be.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:10 AM

It's been 2 weeks since The End and I still can't go a day without searching for their fanarts otl I miss this anime so much. With the amazing sales I do hope a season 2 is on its way.

#82 male:ko

male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

It's been 2 weeks since The End and I still can't go a day without searching for their fanarts otl I miss this anime so much. With the amazing sales I do hope a season 2 is on its way.

We'll hope in february 11 give us good news 

#83 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

Yuri on Ice BD choreography commentary translation

#84 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

MIRACLE!!! ON ICE: IZUMI HIROSE TALKS COLORS AND COSTUME

#85 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

That Hand Yuuri...  :derp: :happy: :hurr: :har:

#86 MeiTzu

MeiTzu

❤박서연❤

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,400 posts
  • Location✿♡⭐周子瑜⭐쯔위⭐Tzuyu's Home&Sosee Coffee Cafe in Tainan,Taiwan✿♡Married To Park Hyungsik&Wife of Park Hyungsik/Ahn Minhyuk's Mansion⭐AinSoft Company♡✿Nam Joo Hyuk(Jung Joon Hyung)❤Lee Sung Kyung's(Kim Bok Joo) Dorm in Haneol Sports University/YG✿Stan K.A.R.D✿

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

#87 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Yuri on Ice BD audio commentary translation - Volume 2

#88 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,726 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:16 AM (Edited by wiaraewiwiarae, 11 February 2017 - 09:16 AM.)

Victor knew Yuuri from before the banquet & was aware that Yuuri was his fan. Victor, from watching Yuuri performing, thought “oh, he’s my fan”.

From Mitsurou Kubo autograph session

#89 venus in converse ~

venus in converse ~

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts
  • LocationJBJ Investigation Center HQ

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

It's yaoi bait imo

#90 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:36 PM

It's yaoi bait imo

Yeah, right, is that make you happy.

lucille-portable.gif

#91 Ghettoe

Ghettoe

The Riddler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,996 posts
  • LocationGhettoe

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:45 PM (Edited by Ghettoe, 12 February 2017 - 06:45 PM.)

It's yaoi bait imo

It honestly is. I mean don't get me wrong. I liked it but I don't get the hype, but this also happened with Free. Like, it's good and you know fangirls are going to milk this to the heavens with fan fics, DJ, etc, but still nothing to scream home about. 

#92 Rob Lucci

Rob Lucci

That fan of The Prodigy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,790 posts
  • LocationDublin (Ireland)

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

I don't watch YoI, but I find Phichit very cute :__D

#93 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

God, this is so well done is almost like soulmates  :derp:

#94 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • LocationWherever Krystal wants me to be.

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

It honestly is. I mean don't get me wrong. I liked it but I don't get the hype, but this also happened with Free. Like, it's good and you know fangirls are going to milk this to the heavens with fan fics, DJ, etc, but still nothing to scream home about. 

How is Yuri on ice yaoi bait if it has actual homosexual relationship in it? It's not tagged yaoi because it's first and foremost a sports anime, with love and not necessarily love in the romantic sense either as the thing that motivates the main character. Literally every other sports anime ever has had queerbaiting but YoI actually delivered a full-on gay love and somehow it's still queerbaiting? I don't get you people. Fujoshis like everything boy on boy but Yuri on Ice actually has content that's more than just that. That's why you see skaters everywhere raving about it. 

#95 Ghettoe

Ghettoe

The Riddler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,996 posts
  • LocationGhettoe

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:29 AM (Edited by Ghettoe, 24 February 2017 - 04:39 AM.)

How is Yuri on ice yaoi bait if it has actual homosexual relationship in it? It's not tagged yaoi because it's first and foremost a sports anime, with love and not necessarily love in the romantic sense either as the thing that motivates the main character. Literally every other sports anime ever has had queerbaiting but YoI actually delivered a full-on gay love and somehow it's still queerbaiting? I don't get you people. Fujoshis like everything boy on boy but Yuri on Ice actually has content that's more than just that. That's why you see skaters everywhere raving about it. 

To be honest, their relationship is very ambiguous. It's borders on romantic but they don't outright come out and say if they are lovers nor even that they are both gay. I am surprised people are outright claiming this is a homosexual relationship when they never make it clear. Heck, if this show wasn't Japanese, people would probably be offended! Like why can't they just clearly define this relationship? When did Yuri on Ice deliver a "full-on gay love?" As the most of the proposals revolve around figure skating and their mutual love for figure skating

If anything for me, their relationship is about motivating each other through a sport they both love. Viktor sees something in Yuri that spurs an inspiration in him for figure skating. Yuri on the other hand is also very inspired by Viktor and it is one of the reasons he skates. To call this a full on gay love is fucking around. 

PS. I also happened to watch YOI without really knowing anything about it other than it revolved around figure skating, so I wasn't jumping in thinking, oh gosh, gay romance. In fact, it's the internet folks that puzzle me by saying it is when it is pretty much left to interpretation. 

I think it's also getting praise in the skating community well because, is there any other anime about figure skating? I haven't seen one. It's the first of it's kind in those terms. However, I can't say I left YOI feeling like I knew everything about figure skating. As someone who knows very little about figure skating, I still have a lot of technical questions that went unanswered. However, I'm guessing people who watch figure skating did not need those technical questions answered as they are already familiar with the scoring and techniques.

In terms of other sports animations, I'm still puzzled over the hype that this one got. 

#96 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Up, Up and Away!