Official Yuri!!! on Ice Thread

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#41 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationWherever Krystal wants me to be.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

Episode 5 is a blessing. At this rate, every episode is gonna keep me on my toes. I love love love how rational both of them are and how they accept their faults when they were called out, like when Viktor said he was disappointed in Yuuri for acting like that to Minami, and how Viktor notices the similarity of Yuuri going against him like how he used to go against Yakov. Beautiful, really.

And of course, Katsudon that enthralls men :))

Minami is so precious! The hair is somewhat funny to me but he's a dear. Loved his skate, it fits him so well. And I love his reaction to Yuuri lol. A very charming character.

I'm waiting for Phichit to show us what he's got. Maybe they'll introduce another skater too next episode. The instagram update though... Phichit is us.

TL;DR I LOVE THIS EPISODE

#42 sugar101

sugar101

Idol

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

i've only caught up to ep2 so far but i'm loving this too!

i'm not good and handling BL or yaoi but i love figure skating, i like the music, animation, story, characters, and especially the humour.

i haven't liked an ED this much in a long time.

#43 male:ko

male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:09 PM

OMG MAPPA I LOVE YOU!!! They did it they f*c* Did it  :ahmagah: :chu:  

#44 Lee Minhyuk

Lee Minhyuk

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • LocationThank you, Vokkie~

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:36 PM

Okay everyone's freaking out about you-know-what from the most recent episode but I gotta say what got me screaming more loudly was Yuri purposely dropping his tissue so he could poke and pat Victor on the head :chu:

#45 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

Ep 7 friiiiiiiick :cry:

I didn't get to comment on ep 6 because I was too busy but I did watch it and it was A+. And this actually tops it.... what even.

Skating wise, I can see improvements and the animations look prettier. There's some long-neck moments with Georgi but oh well. It kinda bums me that the Kissss overshadowed Phichit winning #1 in the cup and Leo's loss even though he won #1 before. Guanghong too. My little kiddies ;A;

And Yuuri, of course. Little did we know he has also been keeping the pressure of having Viktor as his coach and the substance to prove that he deserves him as a coach. I was so sad for Yuuri when Viktor said the Thing. Yuuri had once crushed under pressure, and honestly pressuring him even more is just cruel. He's fighting his demons and Viktor is just casually (or maybe just out of ideas) offering a kiss instead of trust in Yuuri's abilities. I can imagine why that broke Yuuri.

Still, I hope I'm not the only who loved the short programs more than the free skates. Feel like they got more daring for the short one lol. Phichit did awesome. Georgi is as dramatic as ever. Guanghong's little action drama is A+. Yuuri trying to implement Viktor's flip has me wheezing. And the kiss is just, it makes me feel gooey. Their relationship is just so... beautiful. Lord.

I can't wait to write more essays for next ep lmao and Yuriooooooo my booooy

#46 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:11 PM (Edited by male:ko, 16 November 2016 - 07:17 PM.)

Okay everyone's freaking out about you-know-what from the most recent episode but I gotta say what got me screaming more loudly was Yuri purposely dropping his tissue so he could poke and pat Victor on the head :chu:

Yeah that was really sweet moment of this couple.

I just want to said:

Thank you MAPPA, thank you Sayo Yamamoto, thank you Mitsurō Kubo, for not just stay in the label of “Queerbating”. Thank you for make one of the best development relationship in anime history!!!

EDIT:

And we need to talk about yuuri's mom I think she ship it too xD... The sister not so much

Cxa_v6fXgAAgNJw.jpg

#47 yumenoriver

yumenoriver

Trainee

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 November 2016 - 07:30 PM

Finally an anime about a gay pair who doesn't focus on them being gay, and doesn't queerbait. Finally.

Thank you MAPPA, thank you Sayo Yamamoto, thank you Mitsurō Kubo, for not just stay in the label of “Queerbating”. Thank you for make one of the best development relationship in anime history!!!

^^^^

#48 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

#49 skythatpourslight 🌷

skythatpourslight 🌷

G🌟LDEN S💗NE

• PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Locationtattooed to soshi's hearts 💗⚓

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:10 PM

I didn't know there is an official thread oh my god. The latest episode had me Deceased™ 

#50 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Thank you for this fandom:  :derp:  :ahmagah:

tumblr_ogrhpzO38X1u3c50yo2_400.jpg

source

tumblr_ogrl9iErUH1qcihmvo2_500.png

tumblr_ogrl9iErUH1qcihmvo1_500.png

tumblr_ogrl9iErUH1qcihmvo3_r1_500.png

source

#51 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:40 PM (Edited by male:ko, 18 November 2016 - 05:40 PM.)

Yeah! An uncensored one  :ahmagah:

#52 Lee Minhyuk

Lee Minhyuk

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

OMG, the kiss I'm pretty sure has basically been confirmed by Matsurou Kubo (the creator of YOI)

on her twitter:

Which roughly 'Is it just me or is something synchronized with Nigehaji this week?' And apparently the two main characters of Nigehaji just shared their first kiss. IF THAT AIN'T CONFIRMATION I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS. :ahmagah: :ahmagah: :ahmagah:

I know basically everyone here on OH totally believed the kiss, but this tweet basically just seals the deal for those who still wasn't sure TBH

#53 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:52 PM (Edited by male:ko, 23 November 2016 - 09:06 PM.)

Noooooooo, I don't want to believe the teories about Makkachin dying  :cry: . Please don't be true episode 9.

tumblr_ogekwuQRWm1s985slo1_500.gif

tumblr_oeum0aqhPv1vi129zo8_r1_540.gif

tumblr_ofdkabtSGG1ql2sjoo8_250.gif

#54 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:26 PM

I've finally see the light and I'm loving Yuri On Ice! It's great and not overtly to superficial. Great messages too. I'm just hoping this isn't a bait. 

#55 Orion Is Here

Orion Is Here

❀ 수정의 해바라기 ❀

• PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:32 PM

Noooooooo, I don't want to believe the teories about Makkachin dying :cry: . Please don't be true episode 9.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/f675c78d399a7...

http://66.media.tumblr.com/d78d91fe5f13c...

http://66.media.tumblr.com/e4ec03d2b4190...

Makkachin is too precious :cry: I predicted the choking on wrappers thing but I didn't think it would be canon lmao.

Episode 8 thoughts:
Spoiler

#56 Lee Minhyuk

Lee Minhyuk

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

I can't believe OH wasn't up when VICTOR AND YURI TOTALLY GOT ENGAGED.

It was all just so damn much. 

#57 male:ko

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

I can't believe OH wasn't up when VICTOR AND YURI TOTALLY GOT ENGAGED.

It was all just so damn much. 

I want to believe in Kubo-sensei and I hope we have a happy final episode   :rlytearpls: . Please Yuuri, don't leave Viktor.

#58 Lee Minhyuk

Lee Minhyuk

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

I want to believe in Kubo-sensei and I hope we have a happy final episode   :rlytearpls: . Please Yuuri, don't leave Viktor.

I knooooow. My brain is telling me 'Yuri is just insecure bc he thinks Victor wants to skate again and not be his coach anymore' but my heart keeps panicking thinking 'OH GOD YURI IS GOING TO BREAK UP WITH HIM.'

The only thing keeping my hopes up was Kubo-sensei laughing at the reactions which makes me think things are gonna be okay  i hope  :rlytearpls:

#59 Dolores Haze

Dolores Haze

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:13 AM

the ending of episode 10 is amazing lol

#60 wiaraewiwiarae

wiaraewiwiarae

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts