Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Jany

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Live-Action unveils casts (Yamazaki Kento, Kamiki Ryunosuke, Komatsu Nana and more...)

CtbOUKHWgAAr1T7.jpg

From left to right: Iseya Yusuke, Mackenyu, Komatsu Nana, Yamazaki Kento, Kamiki Ryunosuke, Okada Masaki, Yamada Takayuki, producer Miike Takashi

Takashi Miike helms Part 4 story starring Kento Yamazaki, Ryunosuke Kamiki

TOHO and Warner Brothers announced at a press conference on Wednesday that both companies are collaborating for the first time to produce and distribute a live-action film adaptation of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable manga. The press conference lists the film as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond wa Kudakenai Dai-Ichi-ShÅ (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Chapter I).

Prolific filmmaker Takashi Miike (live-action: Terraformars, Ace Attorney, Crows Zero, Yatterman, For Love's Sake, Ichi the Killer) is directing the movie, which will open in Japan in summer 2017.

The cast includes:

• Kento Yamazaki (Orange, Your Lie in April, Heroine Shikkaku, Wolf Girl and Black Prince, live-action Death Note television) as JÅsuke Higashikata
  • Ryunosuke Kamiki (Howl's Moving Castle, The Secret World of Arrietty, Bakuman., Rurouni Kenshin Part II: Kyoto Inferno) as KÅichi Hirose
  • Nana Komatsu (Bakuman., Kin Kyori Renai, World of Kanako) as Yukako Yamagishi
  • Masaki Okada (Hana-Kimi, Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu, Otomen, MahÅ Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto, Space Brothers) as KeichÅ Nijimura
  • Mackenyu (Chihayafuru) as Okuyasu Nijimura
  • Takayuki Yamada (Bakuman., Terraformars, Crows Zero, Gantz) as AnjÅ«rÅ Katagiri
  • Yusuke Iseya (Casshern, Rurouni Kenshin Part II: Kyoto Inferno, Shinjuku Swan, Honey and Clover) as JÅtarÅ KÅ«jÅ
  • Alisa Mizuki (Doraemon: Nobita no Space Heroes) as Tomoko Higashikata
  • Jun Kunimura (Attack on Titan, Chihayafuru, The Wind Rises, Ichi the Killer) as RyÅhei Higashikata

source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-28/jojo-bizarre-adventure-manga-gets-1st-live-action-film/.106995

what a cast.....  :shock: and Warner Bros? count me in!

well of course it's Kento again  :imstupid:

and the cast though, damn. this is gonna be some juicy live-action, anticipating. 

edit: oh and Kamiki is so tiny standing next to Kento omg so cute 

Oh it's going to be diamond......I wanted to see them do Egypt for Dio and the MUDAMUDAMUDA intensify :imstupid:

6c9211c6c2b97d893c0868d88cdf2c4ace241e3e

Mackenyu is so handsome :rlytearpls:

This is gonna be an action film, correct? If so, I'm glad to see Yamazaki Kento doing something else other than rom-com. He was great in that 2-minute live action Kingdom so looking forward to this too.

Oh it's going to be diamond......I wanted to see them do Egypt for Dio and the MUDAMUDAMUDA intensify :imstupid:

6c9211c6c2b97d893c0868d88cdf2c4ace241e3e

Not that they can't just yellow-wash the cast, but Part 4 is the only part where the cast is even majority Japanese, not to mention it's set in Japan (so the sets will definitely be easier to deal with).