Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Qiu

The Official �Yang Yang� �洋 Thread

Mc4ToC5.gif

LPVW4s3.jpg

BOLqx7j.jpg

LPVW4s3.jpg

SqJdRHI.jpg

DI1k5eo.jpg

LPVW4s3.jpg

n8UxDyb.jpg

PPEtdnv.jpg

Edited by Lamisa
  • Like 1

wow I'm surprised there wasn't one already

same!  :lol:

i'm on ep 16 of love O2O and he makes my heart flutter everytime  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

FINALLY....There's a Yang Yang thread. We can all be his "Wool" together (his fans named themselves wool, because his name sounds like sheep x2). I hope we can get updates on here, it's tiring to Google translate news about him. 

Watch his new movie, "I Belonged to You" - video features his new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to_idPIgv10

They are promoting the movie on Happy Camp which airs this weekend

This was the scene when he showed up at a university in Wuhan to promote the movie - the power of Xiao Nai

d2044648.gif

P.S. I don't think you should put Cocoon Town Legend as a recent work, because that drama will never see the light of day, it's already in the dumpster.

Edited by waycrispy1

FINALLY....There's a Yang Yang thread. We can all be his "Wool" together (his fans named themselves wool, because his name sounds like sheep x2). I hope we can get updates on here, it's tiring to Google translate news about him. 

Watch his new movie, "I Belonged to You" - video features his new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to_idPIgv10

They are promoting the movie on Happy Camp which airs this weekend

This was the scene when he showed up at a university in Wuhan to promote the movie - the power of Xiao Nai

d2044648.gif

omfg all those people running, his popularity is no joke

also i cant believe how he's such a full package, visuals, acting and a sweet voice too  :rlytearpls:

Just found the cutest video, hope it will brighten up your day!!! 

I'm all for cool guy roles like Xiao Nai, but I'm dying to see him in roles closer to his real life personality...this precious ball of sunshine

• Like 1

Just found the cutest video, hope it will brighten up your day!!! 

I'm all for cool guy roles like Xiao Nai, but I'm dying to see him in roles closer to his real life personality...this precious ball of sunshine

his smile is so beautiful ;-;

do u recommend any romcoms he acted in where he acts as a sweet guy?

his smile is so beautiful ;-;

do u recommend any romcoms he acted in where he acts as a sweet guy?

If you are looking for a romcom, you're out of luck. I would say his only other romcom is his new movie"I Belonged to You" which is out soon. The only other things I've watched him in is The Lost Tomb drama and Left Ear movie. He hasn't really done many sweet guy roles. People have recommended Whirlwind Girl (1st, not 2nd), but he also plays a non-talkative character there.

I was first introduced to him in the variety show Divas Hit the Road 2, unfortunately I think only a few segments are subbed on Youtube, not sure if the whole thing is subbed somewhere else. He was on there with Zheng Shuang, but it didn't exactly show them getting along. Plus the show edited it to look like him and Ivy Chen were a couple while Zheng Shuang and Jing Boran were a couple. He's super adorable being himself in there. There might also be a few subbed varieties like Happy Camp. 

If you are looking for a romcom, you're out of luck. I would say his only other romcom is his new movie"I Belonged to You" which is out soon. The only other things I've watched him in is The Lost Tomb drama and Left Ear movie. He hasn't really done many sweet guy roles. People have recommended Whirlwind Girl (1st, not 2nd), but he also plays a non-talkative character there.

I was first introduced to him in the variety show Divas Hit the Road 2, unfortunately I think only a few segments are subbed on Youtube, not sure if the whole thing is subbed somewhere else. He was on there with Zheng Shuang, but it didn't exactly show them getting along. Plus the show edited it to look like him and Ivy Chen were a couple while Zheng Shuang and Jing Boran were a couple. He's super adorable being himself in there. There might also be a few subbed varieties like Happy Camp. 

what are ur fav dramas/movies of him? doesnt need to be a romcom

what are ur fav dramas/movies of him? doesnt need to be a romcom

Well I only watched the two that I mentioned. The Lost Tomb is based on the same book that Luhan's movie Time Raiders is and Lay's recent drama Mystic Nine is a prequel of. If you are interested in tomb raiding and seeing him in action, it's worth a watch, although they cut a lot of his scenes out, because he left his agency which produced the drama.

tumblr_nskf9o8SJ91qij3qwo1_400.gif

In Left Ear, he's not the lead and the movie was honestly a little uncomfortable for me to watch, but definitely interesting. He was so angelic in the beginning, but kind of takes a turn for the worst later on so be warned.

tumblr_inline_nnkewd0RdO1qaffe8_500.jpg

Whirlwind Girl might be closest to LoveO2O. I haven't watched it yet, but plan to. The girl who plays Er Xi's real life bf is in it too.

Yang_Yang.jpg

Clips from yesterday's Happy Camp...what a tease

What a good looking pair. If I were to cast Bei Wei Wei, my choice would go to Zhang Tian Ai instead of Zheng Shuang, because she has more of the physical attributes that Bei Wei Wei is supposed to have and the kissing scenes would be amazing. Hope these two play a couple in a future project. 

Edited by waycrispy1

Clips from yesterday's Happy Camp...what a tease

What a good looking pair. If I were to cast Bei Wei Wei, my choice would go to Zhang Tian Ai instead of Zheng Shuang, because she has more of the physical attributes that Bei Wei Wei is supposed to have and the kissing scenes would be amazing. Hope these two play a couple in a future project. 

I read the book for Love O2O and honestly Bei Wei Wei never really reciprocates the kisses because Xiao Nai is always the one that brings on the hot tension rather than her. It's understandable too cause I mean Xiao Nai is one amazing kisser for never having dated/have a gf before whereas Wei Wei herself is adorably awkward. So she followed her book character well - however, I do think the kisses could have been improved in the later kiss scenes. THey did get better but I think Yang Yang just kissed so well that it opened up a large contrast between him and ZS. ZS herself doesn't really do well on kissing scenes so that may be part of it as well - but for the most part Bei Wei Wei is the more shy/conserved of the two in terms of passion.

I watched the last ep of Diva HIt the Road 2 and watched the scene where ZS opened up to YY about herself and their misunderstandings - so I feel for her kinda. She's really been independent her entire life, and while YY is similar - they both deal with that in different ways. ZS deals with it to where she doesn't want to depend on anyone else and closes herself up emotionally, whereas YY becomes a huge ball of sunshine after being by himself in his dance academy for a while. Plus ZS dated that Zheng Han guy for 2 years? SHe didn't act during that time either and I think that really took a toll on her skills and I assume it must have been hard on her - depending on someone for that long and then being alone again isn't an easy transition for a girl who is usually independent. So I understood her more there - and I hope that ZS really became friends with YY through Love O2O because she never really mentioned having friends before :( Jing Boran seems to care for her a lot too.

Well I only watched the two that I mentioned. The Lost Tomb is based on the same book that Luhan's movie Time Raiders is and Lay's recent drama Mystic Nine is a prequel of. If you are interested in tomb raiding and seeing him in action, it's worth a watch, although they cut a lot of his scenes out, because he left his agency which produced the drama.

tumblr_nskf9o8SJ91qij3qwo1_400.gif

In Left Ear, he's not the lead and the movie was honestly a little uncomfortable for me to watch, but definitely interesting. He was so angelic in the beginning, but kind of takes a turn for the worst later on so be warned.

tumblr_inline_nnkewd0RdO1qaffe8_500.jpg

Whirlwind Girl might be closest to LoveO2O. I haven't watched it yet, but plan to. The girl who plays Er Xi's real life bf is in it too.

Yang_Yang.jpg

Whirlwind Girl is a mess honestly. I would watch it if you are open to open endings or just for Yang Yang but don't watch Season 2 because I've heard that it was a huge waste of time and huge waste of Ji Chang Wook and the new Bao Ca's acting talents (and it ends horribly too cause I think they want to do a Season 3 with Yang Yang which doesn't make sense if you know the original story).

Did y'all watch that advertisement that had Lay and YY in it though? That was a visual blessing to the eyes :>

• Like 1

hello everyone

i started watching love o2o 2-3 days ago and im closing to finising....kinda sad he doesnt have many shows/movies

Did y'all watch that advertisement that had Lay and YY in it though? That was a visual blessing to the eyes :>

he has a cf with lay???  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

Edited by layixings_

hello everyone

i started watching love o2o 2-3 days ago and im closing to finising....kinda sad he doesnt have many shows/movies

he has a cf with lay???  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:

Actually he does have quite a lot, he's been acting for 7-8 years now. Just that he wasn't the lead in his earliest works, there are no subs and he was way too young so it's not worth watching.

There are quite a few Happy Camp episodes he is on, he's kind of a regular. I think most of them are subbed, not sure though. You can check those out.

Edited by waycrispy1

hello everyone

yes!

I read the book for Love O2O and honestly Bei Wei Wei never really reciprocates the kisses because Xiao Nai is always the one that brings on the hot tension rather than her. It's understandable too cause I mean Xiao Nai is one amazing kisser for never having dated/have a gf before whereas Wei Wei herself is adorably awkward. So she followed her book character well - however, I do think the kisses could have been improved in the later kiss scenes. THey did get better but I think Yang Yang just kissed so well that it opened up a large contrast between him and ZS. ZS herself doesn't really do well on kissing scenes so that may be part of it as well - but for the most part Bei Wei Wei is the more shy/conserved of the two in terms of passion.

I watched the last ep of Diva HIt the Road 2 and watched the scene where ZS opened up to YY about herself and their misunderstandings - so I feel for her kinda. She's really been independent her entire life, and while YY is similar - they both deal with that in different ways. ZS deals with it to where she doesn't want to depend on anyone else and closes herself up emotionally, whereas YY becomes a huge ball of sunshine after being by himself in his dance academy for a while. Plus ZS dated that Zheng Han guy for 2 years? SHe didn't act during that time either and I think that really took a toll on her skills and I assume it must have been hard on her - depending on someone for that long and then being alone again isn't an easy transition for a girl who is usually independent. So I understood her more there - and I hope that ZS really became friends with YY through Love O2O because she never really mentioned having friends before :( Jing Boran seems to care for her a lot too.

Whirlwind Girl is a mess honestly. I would watch it if you are open to open endings or just for Yang Yang but don't watch Season 2 because I've heard that it was a huge waste of time and huge waste of Ji Chang Wook and the new Bao Ca's acting talents (and it ends horribly too cause I think they want to do a Season 3 with Yang Yang which doesn't make sense if you know the original story).

I first saw Yang Yang in Divas Hit the Road 2 and loved his personality. Was never a fan of Zheng Shuang's acting and she tops many of China's worst kisser lists so I was not motivated to watch LoveO2O at first. I'm glad I finally gave in, but knowing how their real life personalities are and seeing them interact, it was a little difficult for me to see them in character from time to time, but I got over it and fell in love with Xiao Nai and Wei Wei's relationship. I noticed that during the later kisses, the camera either focuses on him, blocking the view of her mouth or pans out so we don't notice as much as in the beginning. I don't understand why she gets casted in so many of these lovey dovey roles when she always kisses like a dead log. I do think she has a lot of female fans because her insecurities make her more relatable. Some people after watching want them to be real, but I honestly think their personalities are  so different. I see Yang Yang with someone who showers him with affection and Zheng Shuang definitely needs to be with someone that truly understands her. I think it's hard because she's such a hard nut to crack. I liked JBR for her, but he's with Ni Ni and heard she's back together with Anson Hu anyway. Hope he treats her well. 

As for Whirlwind Girl, I did hear those things so never got the motivation to watch it. Might just skip to scenes of him fighting and stuff. Xiao Nai's role really did wonders for Yang Yang. I heard that his going rate before shooting  this was around 2 million usd and went up to 13 million usd even before LoveO2O aired. Who knows how much it is now, he must be getting crazy endorsements though. Ratings for Happy Camp were very good too, I think a lot of new Yang Yang fans contributed. I'm just waiting eagerly to watch his new movie, he looks so adorkable in it. 

Actually he does have quite a lot, he's been acting for 7-8 years now. Just that he wasn't the lead in his earliest works, there are no subs and he was way too young so it's not worth watching.

ohhhh I see. i was thinking of watching the whirlwind girl after i finish love o2o, but i wonder if it's worth it. 

yes!

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  visual slayage

I first saw Yang Yang in Divas Hit the Road 2 and loved his personality. Was never a fan of Zheng Shuang's acting and she tops many of China's worst kisser lists so I was not motivated to watch LoveO2O at first. I'm glad I finally gave in, but knowing how their real life personalities are and seeing them interact, it was a little difficult for me to see them in character from time to time, but I got over it and fell in love with Xiao Nai and Wei Wei's relationship. I noticed that during the later kisses, the camera either focuses on him, blocking the view of her mouth or pans out so we don't notice as much as in the beginning. I don't understand why she gets casted in so many of these lovey dovey roles when she always kisses like a dead log. I do think she has a lot of female fans because her insecurities make her more relatable. Some people after watching want them to be real, but I honestly think their personalities are  so different. I see Yang Yang with someone who showers him with affection and Zheng Shuang definitely needs to be with someone that truly understands her. I think it's hard because she's such a hard nut to crack. I liked JBR for her, but he's with Ni Ni and heard she's back together with Anson Hu anyway. Hope he treats her well. 

As for Whirlwind Girl, I did hear those things so never got  motivation to watch it. Might just skip to scenes of him fighting and stuff. Xiao Nai's role really did wonders for Yang Yang. I heard that his going rate before shooting  this was around 2 million usd and went up to 13 million usd even before LoveO2O aired. Who knows how much it is now, he must be getting crazy endorsements though. Ratings for Happy Camp were very good too, I think a lot of new Yang Yang fans contributed. I'm just waiting eagerly to watch his new movie, he looks so adorkable in it. 

I agree. He loves the mirror so much but at the same time he's like a little kid and I can't help but love him LOL. This is my first C-drama that I"ve ever followed through end to end without skipping anything (I tend to skip through a lot of dramas - kinda like whirlwind girl) so I'm not toooo familiar with ZS but I'm honestly wondering too. I mean she's really pretty I"ll give her that (personally really liked her pre-surgery though). I only watched Love O2O because of Dramafever's constant advertising so I'm glad I decided to go for it! I've been rewatching the episodes over and over just because it really fills the fluffy side of dramas that I always beg for writers to make more scenes of. Plus, parents actually approving of the relationship without money being involved? A couple that actually TRUSTS and TALKS to each other FIRST before misunderstanding and trusting others who are proven they can't be trusted? I wish there was more of that in regular dramas. Even the villains in the drama weren't bad - petty and one sided, but easy to overcome. Honestly, Mi Ran and Enchantress weren't even horribly evil - it was more of their toxic friend group than anything.

I agree with your point about the kisses though - I think that's why I say the later kisses are better because that wedding scene kiss was all focused towards him. Honestly I felt super awkward when I watched their second? kiss where she visited his house for the first time. Like I can understand their first kiss being awkward because he just went at it and gave her no time to adjust to everything, but that house kiss scene had me going :S.

I agree too. Although I'm all for couples that bring out different sides to each other or total opposite couples, I don't see them dating personally - but not like I'd be against it if they were. Only issue with Yang Yang is his fandom can be so toxic - like the rumors of him and Victoria have been crazy and it's scary how attached some of his female fans are. I get he's popular but, god, is he ever gonna be able to date peacefully or to where his future girl would be safe from harm? I could honestly see him with an older woman who takes care of him but dotes on him just the same, but at the same time, I loved seeing him in DHTR2 because he looked after people so well and I feel like he'd be a great energy boost to those who are more reserved. Yeah, I saw the news of ZS and I personally liked her with Jing Boran too, but I hope all the respective couples are happy and last long! Lol, I watched the movie version of Love O2O too and I always found it funny they casted Jing Boran there and the same Cao Guang - maybe if I watched the movie first I would have liked it more, but the movie was still nice for the short time it was allotted.

Oh yes Love O2O definitely surprised me with how popular it's been - I'm so glad for it because it really was a good fluffy drama, although I suppose those who want a more complex plot won't enjoy it since it's pretty laidback overall. He'll be even busier I'm sure! Whirlwind Girl has its good moments, but I'm never a fan of open endings personally unless it's clear that that was where the drama was headed in the first place or it wouldn't have made sense for it to end with a bow on top, but Whirlwind girl I think could have just ended with Season 1 and they should have moved it along more much faster and ended it nicely without having to drag it out for possibly 3 seasons worth because idk how they'll continue after the mess they made out of Season 2 T_T I heard they're aiming to get Yang Yang back but they'll need a LOT of money to be able to do that now and I do hope he'll only take it back on if the storyline is worth it.

ohhhh I see. i was thinking of watching the whirlwind girl after i finish love o2o, but i wonder if it's worth it. 

:rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  :rlytearpls:  visual slayage

I would maybe just watch Yang Yang scenes. I sped through the first season myself and though I liked it at first, I definitely think adding several seasons of something can be death - which is evidenced by how horribly Season 2 went and I'm not following the possible season 3. Yang Yang's not even in Season 2 despite his character's popularity (and honestly that was a good move on his part because the plot got lost after a while)

I would maybe just watch Yang Yang scenes. I sped through the first season myself and though I liked it at first, I definitely think adding several seasons of something can be death - which is evidenced by how horribly Season 2 went and I'm not following the possible season 3. Yang Yang's not even in Season 2 despite his character's popularity (and honestly that was a good move on his part because the plot got lost after a while)

I might just watch the first episodes to see if it's worth it or not. Since I'm not updated on him, do you know what his upcoming projects are? 

Edited by layixings_

I might just watch the first episodes to see if it's worth it or not. Since I'm not updated on him, do you know what his upcoming projects are? 

he has a film with Liu Yifei that's also based on a book I believe and that's personally the one I'm waiting for and it seems that one is one that's going to be highly anticipated. it's a mix of fantasy and real life as well and it's set to be released in 2017 - called Once Upon a TIme

also I think he's in a drama with Victoria and that's possibly releasing this year? Cocoon Town Legend (maybe it already released I'm not sure. I haven't followed it for any updates)

and of course his soon to be released movie(?) I belonged to you --> waiting for this one to come since he looks adorkable in the teasers