Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Konjo

[MBC Drama] "The King Loves" / Siwan, Yoona & Hong Jonghyun

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Team Won x San (WonSan)
    • Team Rin x San (RinSan)
    • Can't decide!

I feel you omg this drama really is perfection. I've watched the episode through clips on Instagram but boy oh boy we are really in for something these coming episodes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using OneHallyu mobile app

omg which insta account do you follow that shares such snippets of the show? I would love to follow and rewatch scenes here and there when I am bored too! ^^

Let me spazz along with you!! :D

I have watched a lot of drama/film with love triangle theme in it but I have never loved all three characters at the same time. I always have my bias couple but this drama, omg I love them all equally! I also love Dan. She is just so pure and innocent.

I hate to see anyone gets hurt even though I should anticipate it. Their friendship is just too precious.

By the way, allow me to fangirl a little bit about our two heroes. Won is just too cute...his height matches his face and I truly meant that as a compliment. Even though he is not that tall, his presence is still powerful. As a crown prince, he tried his best to exude that aura and to me, he was okay.

Whenever Rin came out on screen, my heart beats faster. He is very handsome in this drama. I think Saeguk (not sure about the spelling, too lazy to google) suits him. I can't help but falling for him.

I can't wait for tonight! I hope my heart can contain the feels.

YES Dan is such a pure and sweet character that I can't help but to wish the crown prince will love her back too one day (but we know that's not possible sobs) but on a side note, the prince's bodyguard and her are just so cute together as well hehehe.

I can't wait for tonight either haha!! Barely 3 more hours to the next episode and I am making sure I reach home early to catch the show. HEHE spazz again after tonight's episode!! :D

omg which insta account do you follow that shares such snippets of the show? I would love to follow and rewatch scenes here and there when I am bored too! ^^

YES Dan is such a pure and sweet character that I can't help but to wish the crown prince will love her back too one day (but we know that's not possible sobs) but on a side note, the prince's bodyguard and her are just so cute together as well hehehe.

I can't wait for tonight either haha!! Barely 3 more hours to the next episode and I am making sure I reach home early to catch the show. HEHE spazz again after tonight's episode!! :D

I don't have a specific account tbh lol, I just search up the tag #thekingloves or #thekinginlove and people from various different accounts post the scenes from the episodes. I usually check the tag after the episode finishes airing sometimes right after and sometimes like an hour later. There aren't any subs for the episodes but I make do with what the scenes showcase honestly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using OneHallyu mobile app

Omg before voting, i thought teamWonSan would outnumber teamRinSan but it's the other way round lol.

#TeamRinSan til the end!!!!!

My question about ep18's ending

why San doesn't want Won to choose her? Is it because of saving Dan and not letting the queen send Rin away?

San said she doesn't want to destroy Rin and Won's friendship at all cost. And probably also to save Rin/Dan.

What I don't get though did she forget that She and her father will be punished if Won doesn't choose her or does she not care?...

Yesterday's episode got me right in the feels. RinSan is breaking my heart. I think this episode almost confirmed that she has more romantic feelings for Rin. Could it be really possible that they end up together? Even if they end up together in the novel I still always believed it won't happen because Siwan is the 1st male lead. But many things can change in 11 episodes though and San's feelings could change. Anyway my heart is breaking for all the characters. Poor Won, Dan, Rin and San. Poor everyone. rlytearpls.png  Also idk how to feel about Biyeon and Moosuk...

I put my thoughts about the episode under spoiler. Do we always have to put it under spoiler if we talk about a new episode? I've never hang out in a drama thread so Idk the rules lol laugh.png

Btw am I the only one who is waiting for this OST song to be released? rlytearpls.png
At 2:14

I think it's also the opening song. Can they just finally release it!!

San said she doesn't want to destroy Rin and Won's friendship at all cost. And probably also to save Rin/Dan.

What I don't get though did she forget that She and her father will be punished if Won doesn't choose her or does she not care?...

Yesterday's episode got me right in the feels. RinSan is breaking my heart. I think this episode almost confirmed that she has more romantic feelings for Rin. Could it be really possible that they end up together? Even if they end up together in the novel I still always believed it won't happen because Siwan is the 1st male lead. But many things can change in 11 episodes though and San's feelings could change. Anyway my heart is breaking for all the characters. Poor Won, Dan, Rin and San. Poor everyone. rlytearpls.png  Also idk how to feel about Biyeon and Moosuk...

I put my thoughts about the episode under spoiler. Do we always have to put it under spoiler if we talk about a new episode? I've never hang out in a drama thread so Idk the rules lol laugh.png

Btw am I the only one who is waiting for this OST song to be released? rlytearpls.png
At 2:14

I think it's also the opening song. Can they just finally release it!!

ME TOO. At first I thought Davichi Lee Hae Ri was the one who sang the OST, but later it was announced that she sang BUT.

Anyway this article perfectly describes what I think about RinSan's chemistry

"Yoona and Hong Jong Hyun have so much simmering, slow-burn chemistry that they look as if they would implode with if push comes to shove between Rin and San" rlytearpls.png 

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2017/08/14/when-a-woman-loves/amp/

ME TOO. At first I thought Davichi Lee Hae Ri was the one who sang the OST, but later it was announced that she sang BUT.

"Yoona and Hong Jong Hyun have so much simmering, slow-burn chemistry that they look as if they would implode with if push comes to shove between Rin and San" rlytearpls.png

Thank you for sharing the article. It was beautifully explained :") with that said, omg can someone just make that 'push' now so that RinSan's chemistry goes off the charts haha

ME TOO. At first I thought Davichi Lee Hae Ri was the one who sang the OST, but later it was announced that she sang BUT.

Let's just hope they release it soon meowfaceplz.png

Thanks for sharing this article. Damn this sentence is so on point deepstareplz.png

Edit: btw this article reminded me about Yoona having a rooftop scene again with a male actor like in The K2 (I loved this drama) Really funny laugh.png

Edited by Chae Hyungwon

Thank you for sharing the article. It was beautifully explained :") with that said, omg can someone just make that 'push' now so that RinSan's chemistry goes off the charts haha

My pleasure smile.png I'm impatiently waiting for today's ep rlytearpls.png 

im so in love with this drama and #RinSan ftw 😭😂

why San doesn't want Won to choose her? Is it because of saving Dan and not letting the queen send Rin away?

My take on this:

If you watched it carefully in Episode 9 when Rin was pushing San to tell Won her true identity, during San's voice over while opening the door. She said "there is only one thing i must do. To ensure that they stay beside each other. It would make me feel lonely but it is my friendship." So that means her choice was for WonRin to stay close. Maybe thats why she asked Won to not choose her. If he choose Dan, lin will not go and they will stay close together. But she will be lonely because she wont get to be with Won. 💔

This drama is killing me! Its sooo fucking good! 😭😭

• Like 2

ok so i only just finished watching episode 9, which i think is ep 18 in korea and i dont think that san has more feelings for rin or less for won because

when won said that his crown princess was dan she was tearing up and she seemed heartbroken..

i get why san asked won to ignore her but at the same time i really dont cause it would have solved all her problems!!

ah this drama

i am now patiently waiting for ep10/19 to be subbed.... eeek

Omg before voting, i thought teamWonSan would outnumber teamRinSan but it's the other way round lol.

#TeamRinSan til the end!!!!!

I think the main reason is guilt. She knows how much Rin and Won love each other and doesn't want to be the reason why they separate. As a result, she chooses not to marry--sacrificing her families safety--so that she can protect the friendship Won and Rin have.

Episode 19-20 spoilers

Won's proclamation to seek out power regardless of the cost to protect the ones he loves and his request for Rin to serve as a lighthouse of sort so that he doesn't become lost on his venture for power was such a huge moment for this drama. Really gives me hope for a happy ending for Won, San, and Rin.

Please let it be a happy ending >.<~~!!

Episode 19-20 spoilers

Won's proclamation to seek out power regardless of the cost to protect the ones he loves and his request for Rin to serve as a lighthouse of sort so that he doesn't become lost on his venture for power was such a huge moment for this drama. Really gives me hope for a happy ending for Won, San, and Rin.

That's what I have been hoping for too. For them to still be happy regardless with whom they ended up with. The only 'ship' that I am most concerned about is their friendship.

Is it bad that I started to like the queen as well? I mean she only has the best interest for her son. It's like her sole reason is to make sure his son gets it all. And I do like Won.

The king, on the other hand, deserves all the hate. Such coward, confused human being.

p/s Sorry eMopRiNc3ss69x, I was supposed to quote you but I deleted the top part and I have no idea how to get it back T_T

Edited by notthatkindofgirl

Episode 19-20 spoilers

That's what I have been hoping for too. For them to still be happy regardless with whom they ended up with. The only 'ship' that I am most concerned about is their friendship.

Is it bad that I started to like the queen as well? I mean she only has the best interest for her son. It's like her sole reason is to make sure his son gets it all. And I do like Won.

The king, on the other hand, deserves all the hate. Such coward, confused human being.

p/s Sorry eMopRiNc3ss69x, I was supposed to quote you but I deleted the top part and I have no idea how to get it back T_T

I'm starting to like the queen too. 

I always hated the king but now I hate him even more.He's dumb and paranoid  fyeahplz.png

Ep 10 was soo good. How am I supposed to wait 6 days? Also Won is too pure I refuse to believe he will become evilrlytearpls.png

I'm starting to like the queen too. 

I always hated the king but now I hate him even more.He's dumb and paranoid  fyeahplz.png

Ep 10 was soo good. How am I supposed to wait 6 days? Also Won is too pure I refuse to believe he will become evilrlytearpls.png

I know...the wait is killing me. I never thought I would say "I can't wait for Monday" but I have been saying it every week now since the drama began.

I think the fact that Won asked Rin to be his pillar is sort of comforting in the sense that, in case he went too far Rin will be there to remind him. I like that scene a lot. It shows how strong their friendship is. *Even though Rin did not say yes or no to Won's request, I assumed he's ok with that coz we all know how Rin is*

I ship Rinsan so hard. Although I have a soft spot for won too. But every time Rin and San have interactions my heart swoons lol.

I've been lurking on this thread for awhile and finally decide to post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OneHallyu mobile app

• Like 3

I just started watching! I'm not a drama (even anime/series) person since I get really emotional. But I started to watch this for Yoona and it's really good. The story progresses fast enough for my short attention span and the scenes don't feel too heavy! ahmagahplz.png

I envy the romance and the bromance. Heck, I don't know who I want to replace given the chance. San's just damn too pretty and endearing, Won's smile is heart-fluttering, and Rin makes me question my sexuality. warstarplz.png  

• Like 2

I love all three leads so much (yes, I'm one of those who picked 'can't decide!' up there) but I have such a soft spot for all the supporting characters? Like Won's two bodyguards and Biyeon and Dan, I just love seeing them appear here and there.

Episode 20 spoilers:

Also now I'm super invested in this awesome budding romance between Biyeon and that mysterious black-clad dude LOL. Give me more!

• Like 1

Just updated the PM groups for the book summaries! Please let me know if you want to join or if I left you out by quoting this post~

btw i ship biyeon x san x dan. they're so cute! >.<

Hi,can you add me too please?thanks ^^