Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Konjo

[MBC Drama] "The King Loves" / Siwan, Yoona & Hong Jonghyun

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which team are you on?

• Team Won x San (WonSan)
    • Team Rin x San (RinSan)
    • Can't decide!

^ Follow this topic   za5g21G.png

The King Loves

The_King_Loves.jpg

Title: The King Loves

Hangul: ì™•ì€ 사랑한다

Genre: Historical, Fusion, Melodrama, Romance

Episodes: 20

Release Date: July 17th 2017

Airing: Mondays-Tuesdays

Director: Kim Sanghyup

Novel Writer: Kim Yiryung

Writers: Park Chankyung & No Sunjae

Production Company: U-Story9

Network: MBC

Asianwiki / Dramawiki / MyDramaList

Extra Details:

Pre-produced

Investment by Chinese company, Tencent.

Filming starts: November 2016

To air simultaneously in Korea & China.

Based off the historical fiction novel written by Kim Yiryung

Set during the Goryeo dynasty 

Synopsis

Set in the Goryeo dynasty, it tells the story of a young and ambitious monarch Won (Im Siwan) with a desire to conquer, and two people who shape his destiny; childhood friend Rin (Hong Jonghyun) and a beautiful woman named San (Im Yoona). A tragic romance involving love and ambition ensues between the three characters.

Main Cast

Im Siwan - Wang Won

Im Yoona - Eun San

Hong Jonghyun - Wang Lin/Rin

Character Descriptions

Wang Won - The Crown Prince of Goryeo; strikingly beautiful young man, but that beauty and virtue on the outside hides a twisted thirst for conquest underneath. He’s described as having the wisdom of a snake, a shocking temperament, and an eloquence that makes him especially good at drawing people to his side.

Eun San - Yoon-ah will play the beautiful San, a woman of deadly charm who is loved by two men, described as the Goryeo-era Scarlett O’Hara. She’s the only daughter of the wealthiest man in the nation—her father comes from the royal line and does anything if it means amassing more wealth.

Wang Lin/Ryn - A man of royal descent named Ryn, described as elegant, refined, and upright in character. Won's childhood friend and bodyguard.

Main Cast

Im Siwan as Won

Yoon Chanyoung as young Won

Im Yoonah as Eun San

Lee Seoyun as young Eun San

Hong Jonghyun as Rin

Nam Dareum as young Rin

Extended Cast

Oh Min Suk as Song In

Choo Soo Hyun as Ok Boo Yong

Park Hwan Hee as Dan

Jung Bo Suk as King Chungnyeol

Jang Young Nam as Queen Jangmok

Edited by Konjo
  • Like 18

Scarlett O'Hara personality

Scarlett O'Hara is an atypical protagonist, especially as a female romantic lead in fiction. When the novel opens, Scarlett is sixteen. She is vain, self-centered, and very spoiled by her wealthy parents. She can also be insecure; but is very intelligent, despite her fashionable Southern-belle pretense at ignorance and helplessness around men. She is somewhat unique among Southern women, whom society preferred to act as dainty creatures who needed protection from their men. Scarlett is aware that she is only acting empty-headed, and resents the fashionable "necessity" of it, unlike most of her typical party-going Southern belles social set.

I am ready for this acting Yoona will be playing.

Edited by UNNIE
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

What is Scarlett O'Hara like?

She's a strong independent woman - she's wealthy, self centered with an attitude  :stud:

*follows thread*

tumblr_inline_n8a9rcW8Ir1qgw1g0.gif

welcome~~

tumblr_inline_n8a9rcW8Ir1qgw1g0.gif

I never thought I'd be following 3 drama threads at the same time  :lol:

and 2 didn't even start

:lol: same, I'm following this, K2 & Moonlight.

As expected....you're the best  :chu:

tumblr_inline_n85npryZPL1sb83rk.gif

:chu:  :chu:  Let's make this thread awesome!!  

Edited by Konjo
  • Like 2

Scarlett O'Hara is an atypical protagonist, especially as a female romantic lead in fiction. When the novel opens, Scarlett is sixteen. She is vain, self-centered, and very spoiled by her wealthy parents. She can also be insecure; but is very intelligent, despite her fashionable Southern-belle pretense at ignorance and helplessness around men. She is somewhat unique among Southern women, whom society preferred to act as dainty creatures who needed protection from their men. Scarlett is aware that she is only acting empty-headed, and resents the fashionable "necessity" of it, unlike most of her typical party-going Southern belles social set.

Oh my! Thank you so much for the detailed info!  :ahmagah:

if she's gonna start by november, then that means she's not gonna appear much on k2?

Yoona is the main female lead along side Song Yoona, she will appear a lot. 

THE K2 finishes airing 12th November. Filming will most likely finish early November/late October.

So she'll jump into this drama right after she's done. 

Edited by Konjo

if she's gonna start by november, then that means she's not gonna appear much on k2?

She is. She is one of the main female leads of k2

Filming for this drama starts after The K2 ends from what i understand 

Cs1k0A0VIAAEFyd.jpg

==================================================================

Thread followed btw  :chu:

Edited by Sweety You
  • Like 1

did western culture already exist in goryeo? curious about this one drama :smile: (actually i'm curious about all her drama :hurr: )

Filming for this drama starts after The K2 filming ends from what i understand 

Cs1k0A0VIAAEFyd.jpg

==================================================================

Thread followed btw  :chu:

Love seeing familar faces (usernames  :hehe: )

Im Siwan and Yoona cast in upcoming historical drama 'The King Loves'

htm_2016092165940981493_99_2016092107000

1. [+1189, -130] Hul.. Totally looking forward to Im Siwan!!

2. [+1106, -199] Wow, daebak visuals ã„·ã„·

3. [+933, -183] They both resemble deers so their visuals match ã…‹ã…‹ Looking forward to it~

4. [+1052, -245] Looking forward to Im Siwan and Yoona ã…‹ã…‹ Handsome and pretty.

5. [+574, -87] Im Siwan in a historical genre!!! His first after his role as Heo Yeom in 'The Moon Embracing the Sun'! So excited ã… ã… ã… ã… ã…  My eyes will be happy.

6. [+165, -24] Production media play. No manners.. What are they doing to Yoona when her drama hasn't even aired yet. There's also no clear statement from the staff either... I bet it's media play.

7. [+200, -41] Yoona's appearing in a new drama soon so why is SM pushing for this. This isn't right. At least announce it later.

8. [+119, -17] Who's the writer and director though? Watching 'Scarlet Heart', I realized no matter how good the original is, the writer needs to be good to give the original justice... Maybe this is just an unfounded article?

9. [+76, -6] The press conference for 'The K2' was just yesterday so I was like why is she starring in two dramas at once but I guess it's airing after

10. [+44, -6] I bet an article will be posted later: "Casting not confirmed"

http://knetizone.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/im-siwan-and-yoona-cast-in-upcoming.html

did western culture already exist in goryeo? curious about this one drama :smile: (actually i'm curious about all her drama :hurr: )

No XD I'm assuming they mean her character will be a lot like Scarlett, no?  EXCITEDDDD

MORE DETAILS!!

Wang Won (Siwan) : the king, Chung Sun

Wang San (Yoona): the only daughter of the richest man in the region

Wang Lin (?): Won's best friend

Both Won and Lin love San.

Apparently, San loves Lin and Won's love doesn't work out in the original story.

credit: https://twitter.com/crucial_gg/status/778389211095400448

did western culture already exist in goryeo? curious about this one drama[emoji2](actually i'm curious about all her drama :hurr: )

I don't think its more of a western culture more of just a random personality they wanted for the lead

Most of the non mainstream historical dramas have been 50 episodes, this is guessing that this isn't some quick sappy romance type drama but really hard hiting in the sense of script and production. I hope this is the case

Edited by UNNIE

Oh my! Thank you so much for the detailed info!  :ahmagah:

Yoona is the main female lead along side Song Yoona, she will appear a lot. 

THE K2 finishes airing 12th November. Filming will most likely finish early November/late October.

So she'll jump into this drama right after she's done. 

it'll be 16 ep for k2 then? kinda wonder why recent drama mostly end with 16 eps.

MORE DETAILS!!

Apparently, San loves Lin and Won's love doesn't work out in the original story.

"both won n lin love san". if yoona is san then add me there too tho :hurr:

MORE DETAILS!!

oohhh excited for the second male lead, i wonder who that is, hoping for another hot young male star  :hurr:

• Like 1

MORE DETAILS!!

wow i feel like wanting the drama to follow the original's storyline. it's rare for kdramas to have happy endings. 

Love seeing familar faces (usernames  :hehe: )

Im Siwan and Yoona cast in upcoming historical drama 'The King Loves'

htm_2016092165940981493_99_2016092107000

1. [+1189, -130] Hul.. Totally looking forward to Im Siwan!!

2. [+1106, -199] Wow, daebak visuals ã„·ã„·

3. [+933, -183] They both resemble deers so their visuals match ã…‹ã…‹ Looking forward to it~

4. [+1052, -245] Looking forward to Im Siwan and Yoona ã…‹ã…‹ Handsome and pretty.

5. [+574, -87] Im Siwan in a historical genre!!! His first after his role as Heo Yeom in 'The Moon Embracing the Sun'! So excited ã… ã… ã… ã… ã…  My eyes will be happy.

6. [+165, -24] Production media play. No manners.. What are they doing to Yoona when her drama hasn't even aired yet. There's also no clear statement from the staff either... I bet it's media play.

7. [+200, -41] Yoona's appearing in a new drama soon so why is SM pushing for this. This isn't right. At least announce it later.

8. [+119, -17] Who's the writer and director though? Watching 'Scarlet Heart', I realized no matter how good the original is, the writer needs to be good to give the original justice... Maybe this is just an unfounded article?

9. [+76, -6] The press conference for 'The K2' was just yesterday so I was like why is she starring in two dramas at once but I guess it's airing after

10. [+44, -6] I bet an article will be posted later: "Casting not confirmed"

http://knetizone.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/im-siwan-and-yoona-cast-in-upcoming.html

No XD I'm assuming they mean her character will be a lot like Scarlett, no?  EXCITEDDDD

I don't think its more of a western culture more of just a random personality they wanted for the lead

Most of the non mainstream historical dramas have been 50 episodes, this is guessing that this isn't some quick sappy romance type drama but really hard hiting in the sense of script and production. I hope this is the case

oh, i thought it's like classic western clothes. looking forward to how she play it :smile:

but i don't think it'll reach 50 eps, looking that yoona n siwan will be the cast (kinda hard for idols to have that long project for drama as main/lead cast). max i think it'll be 24 eps at max. but i don't really know either tho.

• Like 1

Wow..this time Yoona get a good partner for the drama(no more old man)..first Ji Chang Wook and now I'm Siwan...looking forward!