Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Messica

[ASIAN USERS HELP]Can you guys help one gauge Korea's impact in other asian countries (east and south east)?

I want to know for a research im doing for my korean studies minor presentation. I am born in an asian country but ive been living in australia for a long ass time so i dont know.

I want to know 4 questions.

1. Has Korean dramas shaped domestic drama production in other asian countries in some way?

2. Are Korea products considered higher end products in other asian countries?

3. Have most households or at least one person in asian countries watched korean dramas once or even in a decently regular basis? (i see this a lot in SEA parody videos)

4. How does the general population's mindsets compare between korean and japanese made products in general.

Ive got a special one for filipino users

1. Has korean culture shifted beauty attitudes in anyway from a caucasian/mestizo look to a more asiatic look?

1.it has

2.yes

3.yes.The popularity of Train to Busan is the testament of that

4.next or on par with japanese product 

:)

1.it has

2.yes

basically this

1.it has

2.yes

basically this

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

1. Yes, domestics dramas for the young now all have similar plots to Korean ones, and they are considered relevant.

2.  Yes

3. Yes, even my mom in her 60s watches Korean drama (they are aired in all channels, men don't watch it but most wives do)

4. Cosmetics for example, Korean stuff are cheaper, more trendy, suit the young more, rich old ladies stick to Japanese ones.