Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Ahjumma Laugh

Announcement Projects Team - Inaugural Recruitment!

Grow With Us - Apply Today!

As a team, we seek to evolve, to increase the scope and scale of our projects, and to appeal to a greater number of users.  To achieve these goals, the team has decided to make hosting events a greater priority, while still providing OneHallyu the same high level of game and contest quality that our community is accustomed.

That said, we are now accepting applications for our new Projects Team, an events sub-team.  Projects team members will work with myself and collaborate with senior team members in the creation, planning, and execution of OneHallyu.com large and small-scale events.  Projects will be executed as a team, so you will not be expected to host entire events.  

This position is specifically for events, so I would strongly encouraged those interested in hosting games to wait for a future recruitment.  However, if you live in an Asia/Pacific timezone, we are still accepting applications for the Asia Team.  We are currently interviewing applicants, but will be accepting applications for this team indefinitely.  Our first official member of Asia Team is Haru, and we hope to announce more members soon!

Sincerely,

The Events Team

Projects Team Member

Responsibilities:

1.Work with other team members on group projects.

2.Create, plan, and execute small and large events.

3.Potentially collaborate with other OneHallyu teams.

4.Spend the majority of your time collaborating on team projects.

Qualifications:

Required:

1.Experience working in groups, such as an athletic team, an organization, a club, or a work environment(revolving around team projects and goals).

2.The ability to dedicate several weeks to several months creating, planning, and executing events.

3.The ability to contribute to daily discussions with other team members.

4.A reliable internet connection.

5.Zero warning points.  However, please contact me in a PM if you believe your warning points do not warrant disqualification.  

Strongly Preferred:

1.Graphic design skills.

2.Knowledge of social media.

3.Interest or knowledge of advertising/marketing.

Traits/Characteristics:

1.Excellent communicator.

2.Enjoys working with others.

3.Understands how to be a team player.

4.Creative.

5.Able to voice opinions and contribute to discussions in a productive and positive manner.

Application Form

Username:

Time zone and location:

Occupation/Profession:

Do you have previous experience working on a website?  If so, please include: when, where, as well as your role and responsibilities.

How many hours each day/week are you on OneHallyu?

Have you ever hosted an event or game on OneHallyu?  If yes, please provide a description of the project, a link if available, what you feel went well, and what you feel could have gone better:

What are your strengths?:

What are your weaknesses?:

Tell us about, and outline, an event that you believe the team should host in the future.  We describe an event as a important or notable occasion or activity(such as a social gathering).  

Please include:

1.A brief project overview.

2.The estimated development time.

3.How the team would market the event to our userbase.

4.The event's activities.

5.Resources needed (graphics, team contributions, prizes, etc.).

Please send your completed applications in a PM, titled, "Projects Team" to Ahjumma Laugh by November 1.

• Like 5

5.Zero warning points.  However, please contact me in a PM if you believe your warning points do not warrant disqualification. 

Well. Good luck.

vLLQs78.gif

• Like 2

what does 'events' mean when they're not 'games' ?

what does 'events' mean when they're not 'games' ?

It's in the application form.

"We describe an event as a important or notable occasion or activity(such as a social gathering)."  

It's in the application form.

"We describe an event as a important or notable occasion or activity(such as a social gathering)."  

it's still very ambiguous

• Like 2

Good luck everyone! Let's make awesome events like those give aways but Europe friendly!!  :ahmagah:

Tell us about, and outline, an event that you believe the team should host in the future.  We describe an event as a important or notable occasion or activity(such as a social gathering).  

Please include:

1.A brief project overview. - OneHallyu User meetup 2017!!11@@

2.The estimated development time. - Anywhere from 1 day before to 6 months, depending on who actually develops it.

3.How the team would market the event to our userbase. - Post on OH

4.The event's activities. - Stand around awkward as fuck cause no one knows what to do.

5.Resources needed (graphics, team contributions, prizes, etc.). - Bodies.

I believe this will get you into the team 100% guaranteed.

Edited by mes
  • Like 4

Looking forward to getting my first kouhais  :rlytearpls:

I'll become a senpai now.

Try your luck and apply, we don't bite!

tumblr_nqtwsuJXU61qh7tjoo6_540.gif

it's still very ambiguous

I've linked two separate events as examples.  If you have any specific questions, please ask away.

Zero Warning Points... 99Bly23.gif99Bly23.gif99Bly23.gif

If you believe your warning points do not warrant disqualification, please PM me.

I've linked two separate events as examples.  If you have any specific questions, please ask away.

If you believe your warning points do not warrant disqualification, please PM me.

as far as I got it, it's mainly actual games but with more people and can include everyone on OH who isn't exactly interested in games (?), because I see the 1oh!1 event as a big game 

as far as I got it, it's mainly actual games but with more people and can include everyone on OH who isn't exactly interested in games (?), because I see the 1oh!1 event as a big game 

I think another explanation can be something that doesnt require strict constant overview by the host. Like per example when you host a game you need to sit there if you are hosting for the entirety of the game yet for events not necessarily 

Good luck everyone! Let's make awesome events like those give aways but Europe friendly!!  :ahmagah:

Our current European members are looking forward to making that happen!

Please include:

1.A brief project overview. - OneHallyu User meetup 2017!!11@@

2.The estimated development time. - Anywhere from 1 day before to 6 months, depending on who actually develops it.

3.How the team would market the event to our userbase. - Post on OH

4.The event's activities. - Stand around awkward as fuck cause no one knows what to do.

5.Resources needed (graphics, team contributions, prizes, etc.). - Bodies.

I believe this will get you into the team 100% guaranteed.

^

• Like 1

Activities can include games, and they will.

I think another explanation can be something that doesnt require strict constant overview by the host. Like per example when you host a game you need to sit there if you are hosting for the entirety of the game yet for events not necessarily 

This.

ah I got it. One last question, if someone applies for this team, will they only be entitled for events or will they be able to host games ?

Looking forward to getting my first kouhais  :rlytearpls:

I'll become a senpai now.

Try your luck and apply, we don't bite!

tumblr_nqtwsuJXU61qh7tjoo6_540.gif

The thought of you being a senpai... yikes qcACLcg.gif

I'll buy 6MUSES' next album if you let me join. fhauhMe.gif

The thought of you being a senpai... yikes qcACLcg.gif

Welp.. senpais have to be respected either way.

tumblr_ntax07BxFQ1shnugto2_400.gif

ah I got it. One last question, if someone applies for this team, will they only be entitled for events or will they be able to host games ?

Only events.  There's potential for hosting games in the future, but I can't give a time frame on if and when that would happen.

I'll buy 6MUSES' next album if you let me join. fhauhMe.gif

:lol: you know me too well.  Now you're making me curious about those warning points.

good luck to all the applicants

You'll neva get respekt! 7RMz2bX.gif

crying+eripon.gif

Good luck, everyone.

Sounds fun but I'm hardly ever on for events now ;;

So the project team, not the events team is in charge of events. But the project team can do events but not games because they're not part of the events team...

lV3IwgY.gif

it's a little confusing but good luck to applicant nonetheless :lol: