Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Ahjumma Laugh

Announcement Events Asia Team - Apply Today!

S012ECV.png

OneHallyu is a global community, and we do our best to serve and provide the best experience for all users by evolving to meet the wants and needs of our community.  Therefore, we now open recruitment for the Events Asia Team.  To be clear, this is a sub-team and is not separate from the current events team.  All new recruits will join current team members in providing games and events solely for the OH users living in Asian and Pacific communities.  

Do you fit what we are looking for?  Read below and good luck!

Responsibilities:

1.Provide games and events during the peak times for Asia/Pacific community users.

2.Be part of the events team’s creative process and participate in group discussions.

3.Collaborate with the team on both small and large events.

4.Represent OneHallyu and the events team as a model member of the community.

5.Answer user questions during and outside of hosted events.

6.Participate in meetings held by coordinators.

7.Read updates made by coordinators in the events sub forum and team PM's as necessary.

8.Help promote upcoming events via Twitter and announcement threads on OneHallyu.

9.Be proactive with suggestions and ideas.

10.Be in communication with your team at least once every 24 hours.

Qualifications:

Preferred:

1.Game hosting experience.  Those without experience will be given an opportunity to develop and host a project during their probationary period.

2.Basic knowledge of graphic design.

3.Interest in group projects.

Required:

1.Live in an Asia/Pacific time zone.

2.Be available for daily communication.

3.Willingness to work on both group and solo projects.

4.Reliable internet access.

5.Must not have any warning points.

Application Form:

Username:

Time zone and location:

Occupation/Profession:

Do you have previous experience working on a website?  If so, please include: when, where, as well as your role and responsibilities.  

How many hours each day/week are you on OneHallyu?

Have you ever hosted a game on OneHallyu?  If yes, please provide a description of the game, a link if available, what you feel went well, and what you feel could have gone better:

What are your strengths?:

What are your weaknesses?:

Create a mock OP of a game/event you would like to host as part of our team. Here's an example OP. Graphics not required:

Please send completed applications in a PM to Ahjumma Laugh, titled, “Asia Team.â€

We are accepting applications indefinitely.  Please PM me if you have any questions!

• Like 8

I thought recruitements for Asian/Pacific regions were the ones that were previously and that the new ones will be of European people

does this mean everyone who doesn't live in Pacific regions can't apply, right ?

I thought recruitements for Asian/Pacific regions were the ones that were previously and that the new ones will be of European people

does this mean everyone who doesn't live in Pacific regions can't apply, right ?

yes we now made it a requirement to live in asia/pacific timezone, so that all the new people that are recruited provide games for those times

yes we now made it a requirement to live in asia/pacific timezone, so that all the new people that are recruited provide games for those times

that's the main requirement right ? so if someone doesn't live in a Pacific region they shouldnt try their luck and apply, right ?

that's the main requirement right ? so if someone doesn't live in a Pacific region they shouldnt try their luck and apply, right ?

thats not the main just part of it, under the spoiler in qualification you can find out what is required

thats not the main just part of it, under the spoiler in qualification you can find out what is required

you aren't getting my point.

If someone finds himself eligible for all the requirements to join the team i.e (experience,hosting,communication etc etc etc)

but doesn't live in a Pacific region nor can host in such times

does he have a chance to get accepted ?

Yes and no.  Location was not previously a requirement, and after user feedback, we decided to change that and create a team specifically for the Asian/Pacific users.   

This, of course, is not necessarily the final time we will recruit this year.

Yes and no.  Location was not previously a requirement, and after user feedback, we decided to change that and create a team specifically for the Asian/Pacific users.   

This, of course, is not necessarily the final time we will recruit this year.

thanks, so in short location/timezone comes first in requirements, thanks~

you aren't getting my point.

If someone finds himself eligible for all the requirements to join the team i.e (experience,hosting,communication etc etc etc)

but doesn't live in a Pacific region nor can host in such times

does he have a chance to get accepted ?

You wont be accepted in that case, this recruitment is specifically for Asia Team/Subteam so only people that live in asia/pacific times will be accepted

Edited by snsdJM

You wont be accepted in that case, this recruitment is specifically for Asia Team/Subteam so only people that live in asia/pacific times will be accepted

thanks!

i am planning to study abroad in sydney, australia in january of 2017, i would assume that is too far away to be considered, right? :')

i am planning to study abroad in sydney, australia in january of 2017, i would assume that is too far away to be considered, right? :')

Yes, but there's always a chance that we will be recruiting after your move!

Yes, but there's always a chance that we will be recruiting after your move!

cool! i'll look out for your next recruitment :)

• Like 2

I'm confused.

Last time when I applied (to the same Asia timezone) i was told that August-spetember hiring would be for est/edt. Yet here I see Asia time again.

What was the point in hiring Asia time zone people last time, if they are gonna continue to host edt/est times?

I'm confused.

Last time when I applied (to the same Asia timezone) i was told that August-spetember hiring would be for est/edt. Yet here I see Asia time again.

What was the point in hiring Asia time zone people last time, if they are gonna continue to host edt/est times?

This isnt necesarilly, recruitment for the main team. Yes the people that are picked for this would be part of our main team but they will also be part of a new subteam called Asia Team. This team will cater games for the Asia/Pacific timezone

As Ahjumma stated above this isnt the last time the team might recruit this year but this time we are only recruiting for a new team dedicated to the asia/pacific time.

Edited by snsdJM

I'm confused.

During the last recruitment we preferred applicants being available to host during Asia/Pacific peak times.  This time location and hosting availability is required.  

Why the change?  While we did make new hires which broadened the team's presence globally, we still don't feel comfortable with our overall presence in the Asian/Pacific communities.  This is partially based on the user feedback we've received.

And as stated above, this isn't necessarily the last recruitment for the year.  

Good luck applicants, looking forward to working with you in our newly formed Asia sub team!

Good luck to everyone who applies!

tumblr_n4asq3HtLF1qkuzifo1_500.gif

goodluck to all applicants

I would like to apply seeing as I will be moving continents but unfortunately I have 1 wp