Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Moon Chae Won

Rate the last Korean drama that you've finished

even though there's still 2 episodes left, i knew it won't change my opinion at all

Why secretary Kim - 5/10

so overrated

i knew the story line is so overdone, but i expected some IT factor, but nooo

typical cheesy drama with no substances. 

2005 calling for their drama back

Prison Playbook - 9.5/10

I've never laughed or cried so much during a Kdrama. I would give this a 10/10 but I hated the relationship between jiho and jehyeok.

Secret Forest - 10/10 

Just watch it, you won't regret it. 

Live - 7.5/10

I absolutely hated Sangsoo. He was an arrogant, entitled, piece of shit. Aside from him I really did like the show, and how they showed us how cops really are. Watch at your own risk. 

Wok of Love

7/10

The storyline is soso. And i don't like JangHyuk being second lead. It's like... Noway JangHyuk can't be the second!

even though there's still 2 episodes left, i knew it won't change my opinion at all

Why secretary Kim - 5/10

so overrated

i knew the story line is so overdone, but i expected some IT factor, but nooo

typical cheesy drama with no substances.

2005 calling for their drama back

Couldn't agree more

Believer (movie): 6-7/10

Some stunning performances/characters I still rmb, not the content lol:))

To. Jenny - 9/10

It’s a Sunday night. I have to nothing to do or watch, so I decide to go on MyDramaList. Someone posts about special 2 part drama called “To. Jenny†starring Kim Sung Cheol (Prison Playbook) and Jung Chaeyeon of DIA (Reunited Worlds). I curiously decide to check it out because, well, there’s nothing else to watch. The plot is about a shy, young man who meets his first love (whom he still has feelings for) and they bond. She also goes through some obstacles to reach her dream. It’s a music drama. Not the most original plot, but not too many kdramas are original nowadays.

Now, I entered this drama with low expectations (no offense or anything) and it really surprised. One of my favorite things about this drama is the way it’s shot (and I guess directing, but I don’t know much about that). About 90% of it feels like a movie. And it could’ve easily been released as an indie movie; it’s roughly 2 hours long and the budget didn’t look too big, so I’m sure they might’ve been able to make profit. The production quality felt like it was on par with some of the past Asian romantic movies I’ve seen in the past.

Kim Seongcheol did an amazing job with his timid character. He can also sing, which surprised me. As for Chaeyeon, I also think she did a great job with her character. The casting was great because Chaeyeon really does have that “popular, out-of-my-league, IT GIRL†vibe and she embraced that role. The younger sister to Seongcheol’s character also did a great job, she was so sweet.

Jung Min (Seongcheol) is someone who I can really relate to. He’s an introvert and the scene where he finally talked to Na Ra (Chaeyeon) resonated with me and I really understood how one would feel when talking to your crush. He had a lot of growth throughout the movie, and I really liked that he had a great group of supporters to help him get through his shyness.

The con for me in the movie, I mean drama, was really Chaeyeon’s character. She seemed like the typical chasing for my dreams and then I get one-upped by another artist. I wish the writer just gave her character a little more depth and development because I don’t think she changed much. I didn’t really like her voice in this drama, and I would’ve suggested Sejeong (School 2017) instead, but like I pointed out, Chaeyeon just really fit the character. The ending was a bit rushed IMO and I was left scratching my head a little. Maybe an extra 10 minutes would’ve helped? But it is what it is.

PLEASE WATCH IT

Reply 1988 - 10/10. 

it's officially my new favorite drama & PBG's officially my new favorite person. 

Edited by sangria
  • Like 1

come and hug me - 9.9/10

good acting, good mellow romance. it might not for everyone since it's a bit slow and calm but i really loved it. 

A Poem A Day : 10/10

= Light, hilarious but give a lot of good messages about life as human being.

Because Its My First Life : 10/10 = same like A Poem A Day, this drama give many good messages about life, friendship, and relationship.

This drama is so funny but has touching story and melancholic sense as well.

The chemistry between 2 lead (Jung Somin and Lee Minki) so daebak, i feel connecting with them. I admired Jung Somin acting in here.

This is absolutely my Jung Somin's favorite dramas so far.

Prison Playbook : 2/10

= Worst drama that i ever seen. I don't get the story/plot till ep3, so slow, too much confusing flashback story. The man lead acting and character so stiff, no expression at all. I think this is the only one drama that i skip so many times before giveup to watching. So many time i wasted just for try to watch this trash drama. The only one TRASH drama i ever seen Huft :omgwtf:

Page Turner (special drama): 8/10

The acting and execution is still kinda weak, but bravo for a fresh script and a very inspiring story about young people. Recommend.

Edited by mon chan

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim - dropped

I tried really hard to watch its first three episodes but it's too boring. Their antics and jokes are not that funny. Park Seo Joon's role is the same with his past works like Fight My Way and Hwarang.

Park Min Young is so beautiful btw. I want to steal her closet!

Because Its My First Life 10/10 

Just a beautiful drama 

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim 8/10

Already dropped at least 9 new dramas (from 2018). Why are they so boring and filled with so many cliches? Why is there no other AWESOME drama like 'Age of Youth'?souleyesplz.png

Finished:

- Suits (8/10) - saw the original, still very good

- Welcome to Waikiki (7/10) - Korean version of the iconic 'Friends' but funny and very colourful

- What's wrong with secretary Kim (6/10)

Edited by rum muffin

Already dropped at least 9 new dramas (from 2018). Why are they so boring and filled with so many cliches? Why is there no other AWESOME drama like 'Age of Youth'?souleyesplz.png

Finished:

- Suits (8/10) - saw the original, still very good

- Welcome to Waikiki (7/10) - Korean version of the iconic 'Friends' but funny and very colourful

- What's wrong with secretary Kim (6/10)

Watch the mini drama The best moment to quit your job if you liked age of youth, it is a little tiny bit heavier but still a+

Watch the mini drama The best moment to quit your job if you liked age of youth, it is a little tiny bit heavier but still a+

Wow, thanks a lot for recommendation! I've never heard of this drama. Totally gonna watch it ilikeitplz.png

Wow, thanks a lot for recommendation! I've never heard of this drama. Totally gonna watch it ilikeitplz.png

Ahhhhh thanks for taking my recommendation, i hope you like it! chuplz.png

WHAT'S WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM - 7.0

OK! It was fun to watch especially the first half. But the drama lacks story. Good actors and actresses though. 

To. Jenny (9/10) - very sweet and cozy mini-drama, lovely characters, lots of light and music, none awkwardness

Cross from earlier this year - 7/10

Return, which I just wrapped up - 9/10

Epic from beginning to end, even with a change of main actress midway the series lol.

Cross from earlier this year - 7/10

Return, which I just wrapped up - 9/10

Epic from beginning to end, even with a change of main actress midway the series lol.

how tf did that even work? did they just look really similar or did you just have to forgive and forget as a viewer

how tf did that even work? did they just look really similar or did you just have to forgive and forget as a viewer

The latter; once you did, it was acted well enough for you to carry on and enjoy. It was a bit awkward because 1st actress was intense and you saw where it was written for her, but accepting and moving on was possible.

Edited by Guitargeekette

Secretary Kim - 1000000/10

Literally the best romcom I’ve watched since masters sun.

- 30 but 17 - 9/10 - Heart-warming drama

- Miracle we met - 10/10 - Good plot, good ending and great acting actors (even Kai is acceptable)

- Shall we live together - 8.5/10 - Good overall but some characters annoy the hell out of me.

Are You Human/Are You Human Too - 6/10

Not bad but not good either. I got really bored towards the end.