Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Moon Chae Won

Rate the last Korean drama that you've finished

Grand Prince: 8.5/10

The writing wasn’t the best and there were times where you’d scratched your head and say why? But at least she does stay consistent. The chemistry between Jin Se-yeon and Yoon Shi Yoon was amazing and they shot their way up my OTP list. HyunHwi forever! But not just the leads, Joo Sang Wook showed his experience as a veteran actor in his role as Lee Kang. I was also surprised by Jihyun who used to be the leader of 4Minute, she did a good job IMO.

Didn’t pay much attention to this drama when it first aired but I binged it in 3 days sooo hehehe.

those kiss scenes between JSY and YSY ahmahgah,,,, open mouth and everything

A Korean Odyssey, 7.5/10, the episodes are so long 1h+, acting is great and so are the scenes and setup, but it lacks a little excitement or a boost or smth. 

The Great Seducer - 5/10

It was bad. I am glad I finished it already. The story is already bad plus some actors that didn't do well. I know Kim Minjae and Woo Do Hwan can do better than this. I hope they can pick better projects next time. 

My Golden Life - A by the numbers, longer drama with the usual drag when dealing with series that are on the longer side. Thought we were gonna go atypical because it felt like major plots points were resolving pretty quick. Then it slogged right down to typical family drama fare that is common for this type of show. A decent watch if you've nothing else to see. (7/10)

Mother (Korean Version) - The framework from the Japanese version was there. They took what was great about the J version and made it even better. Ends way better as the J version I believe ended quite ambiguous. Some absolutely heart rending scenes as well. Changed a couple of the characters back stories a bit, but that ended up being a positive in my opinion. While I was watching this, I was actively comparing it to what I had known and seen from the J version. I liked this version more. (10/10)

Edited by atreyuavenged

Tunnel:8/10

I was hesitating to watch this at first because it seemed too similar to Signal (my favorite kdrama). I didn’t watch a carbon copy but I was wrong! It goes on a different path and even though it was predictable at times, it was a really fun drama. I wanted to keep watching it and wished it was longer than 16 episodes.

Tunnel:8/10

I was hesitating to watch this at first because it seemed too similar to Signal (my favorite kdrama). I didn’t watch a carbon copy but I was wrong! It goes on a different path and even though it was predictable at times, it was a really fun drama. I wanted to keep watching it and wished it was longer than 16 episodes.

the last kdrama that i had finished was A korean odyssey and tempted the great seducer i will give them 10/10

Welcome to Waikiki 8/10 - very funny and entertaining, but I got bored at the last few episodes, maybe they should stick with 16 eps

Go Back Couple 8/10 - Idk why but I always like watch modern movie/drama that set in the past (like reply series, sunny, signal, etc.) that's the reason I watch this.. storywise, it's not that good but not bad either

Live 9/10 - This is my favorite drama in 2018 so far! the cast, the story, and the soundtrack is sooo good. I got skeptical at first because the police theme and almost dropped it at second ep but the story got better and better... this drama is really heartwarming

Radio Romance - 4/10

Bad plot but good cast. I find male lead's acting awkward. Main leads doesn't have chemistry.

But props to Girls Day's Yura acting! She's good!

Edit: changed "male" to "main"

Edited by byutoful
  • Like 1

Go back couple

9.5/10 

I seriously love everything about this drama. I've been eyeing the male lead since I saw him in death bell but he didn't have any much drama back then. This was my first kdrama of him and he did really well with Jang Nara. This drama will make you laugh and cry. You will also learn a lot of things. I understood why many middle-aged women liked this drama. They probably could relate to the struggles of marriage. I highly recommend this one. Anyone will probably enjoy this drama because it's in a college/university setting while showing their marriage life in the future in some scenes (mostly at the beginning). 

Prison Playbook: 9/10

Heart warming plot. Great cast. I never got bored while watching.

The episodes are too long (1.5 hours) but it's understandable since every scene is needed (no filler).

Highly recommended!

I’m not exactly sure where to put this but I’m leaving it here.

Forgotten (2017), starring Kang Ha-neul and Kim Moo-yeol - 9.5

Such an amazing movie with some mindfuckingness mixed in there. The narrative is kind of convoluted because of perspective you watch it from but once everything is laid out, that’s when it hits you. The director and writer IMO did a good job with this movie and the story wasn’t soooo complex that they dug themselves in a hole. I think this is a great flick to watch with a companion you guys can get mindfucked together, plus it’s available on Netflix too.

Edited by Map_Linh

Riders, Catch Tomorrow

Starting very interesting with cool main characters and their plotlines slowly intertwining (with love interests) and a special theme that you don't see often (bikes) and i was very into it from episode 2 till 8 but near the final episodes it couldn't keep my attention. Story didn't really go anywhere anymore and the ending was just kinda there for it to end.

i'd rate it a 6 / 10.

Edited by Miyami

A Poem A Day - 7/10 

I enjoyed the poems. Acting is not bad though the story is not too engaging plus I don't feel any chemistry also between the two characters that ended up together. 

Something in the Rain - 8/10

The first half was really really nice. I feel like I want to fall in love again and find someone like Hae Jin's character after watching. But I got a little bored in the other half. Maybe because of the lack of story? 

Live - 9.5/10

Everything about this show is perfect. Great actors and great story. This drama made me realize that there are still good cops out there. The only thing that hesitate me to give it a ten is how come Jung Oh easily move from one man to another. lol Anyways, big ensemble but each character has interesting story. I want a season 2, tbh. 

Just Between Lovers - 10/10

What a roller coaster this drama was! I'm going to miss Gangdoo and Moonsoo a lot.

Something in the Rain - 6/10

The main leads saved the drama. The chemistry between them is so powerful. I love how they tackle the issue of sexual harrasment in offices.

I got bored from Episode 6 - onwards. I pushed myself from episode 14 to 16 just to finish this drama.

The Best Moment To Quit Your Job - 9/10

Slife of life genre. Relatable especially to millenials who struggles to live and work. Web drama which consists of 8 episodes (45 minutes max).

SUITS - 9/10

I enjoyed the show. I didn't watch the original version so I think I really enjoyed it without the comparison to the original one. Park Hyung Sik really did a good job in the drama. Just the right amount of 'bromance' with Jang Dong Gun and I love the Rabbit Couple. 

YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY - 8.0

I have low expectation since it's just a drama special (4 episodes - 30mins each). But tbh, this is better than the other dramas out there. I enjoyed it and those drawings are nice. Glad to see Kim Sunho receiving more acting gigs. 

movie

The Piper; 4/10

About Time 7.0/10

The story is ok but the show isn't that engaging to watch. Some parts are so-so to boring.