Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Official Zhao Li Ying 赵丽颖 Thread

zhao liying zhao zanilia legend of chusen The Mystic Nine chinese dramas rookie agent rouge princess agents zhao li ying 72 floors of mystery

617 replies to this topic

Poll: Official Zhao Li Ying 赵丽颖 Thread (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite drama with ZLY?

1. Legend of LuZhen (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

2. Boss & Me (11 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

3. Journey of Flower (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. The Mystic Nine (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

5. Best Get Going (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Rookie Agent Rouge (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

7. Legend of Chusen (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Princess Agents (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

What future project are you most excited about?

1. Eternal Wave (~2017) (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

2. Monkey King 3 (2018) (3 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

3. Legend of MingLan (2018) (13 votes [41.94%])

Percentage of vote: 41.94%

4. Our Glamorous Time (2018) (10 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

Yay!!! Thank you so much for creating this thread, now there is a place to go to in order to keep updated on her long list of projects. I'm also glad to see her growing popularity among international fans. 

When did all of you start liking Zhao Liying? 

For me, I ignored her and all of her dramas for the longest time. She seemed like the typical cute bubbly girl that I can't stand. Then I watched bits and pieces of the variety show Up Idol with her and a bunch of other female celebrities and she definitely stood out the most. She has quite a strong personality and persevered after years of criticism to become one of the most popular actresses. She did not graduate from a prestigious film school, instead started from the very bottom by winning a talent show and working her way up. It's been quite a journey from people telling her to get the hell out of the entertainment industry to all her achievements now. 

That bunny really depicts Zhao Liying perfectly. I love that she stands up for herself and is not afraid to speak her mind. I honestly feel really really bad for girls like Guli Nazha or Zheng Shuang who become too affected by the criticism they receive. I can't even bare to look at Zheng Shuang in LoveO2O because she's just skin and bones now, and Nazha looks like she's constantly afraid to say or do the wrong things. Zhao Liying received more than her fair share of hate, but she seems to manage it so well that now even haters are liking her more and more. 

yes YAY! for more international fans ^^

I first saw ZLY in Legend of LuZhen and I liked the drama and the otp so I looked up her movie with him and was super impressed with her acting. You don't usually see actresses go from cute/nice to backstabbing *itch. And when you look as cute as her, it is even harder to pull it off. Also, the movie had a lot of sex scenes and I was shocked she was willing to do everything. I was impressed by her action and started following her works. I saw some of her works here and there, loved most of them, but I didn't follow her closely until recently. 

I really like how she is so honest in her answers. It gets her in trouble, but she can't help but be frank. She talks before thinking if she should or shouldn't say something, which is very refreshing to see in the entertainment world where everything is so calculated. I also think I do that more than I would like to so I feel for her when it gets her into trouble. 

Yeah, ZLY has gotten a lot of hate. She still has a lot of haters, but at least now she is really popular so it is harder for them to drag her down. I even saw that she got hate for being from the country and not having a good education. She really worked herself from the bottom up. Most of her roles are small roles here and there for like 5 years before she started getting supporting roles. I am really happy she is now a top star, truly an inspirational story of working hard for your dreams. 

#42 pgm.

pgm.

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationOn a Hellevator

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

yes YAY! for more international fans ^^

I first saw ZLY in Legend of LuZhen and I liked the drama and the otp so I looked up her movie with him and was super impressed with her acting. You don't usually see actresses go from cute/nice to backstabbing *itch. And when you look as cute as her, it is even harder to pull it off. Also, the movie had a lot of sex scenes and I was shocked she was willing to do everything. I was impressed by her action and started following her works. I saw some of her works here and there, loved most of them, but I didn't follow her closely until recently. 

I really like how she is so honest in her answers. It gets her in trouble, but she can't help but be frank. She talks before thinking if she should or shouldn't say something, which is very refreshing to see in the entertainment world where everything is so calculated. I also think I do that more than I would like to so I feel for her when it gets her into trouble. 

Yeah, ZLY has gotten a lot of hate. She still has a lot of haters, but at least now she is really popular so it is harder for them to drag her down. I even saw that she got hate for being from the country and not having a good education. She really worked herself from the bottom up. Most of her roles are small roles here and there for like 5 years before she started getting supporting roles. I am really happy she is now a top star, truly an inspirational story of working hard for your dreams. 

My case is kind of similar to yours. I was bored one day and decided to watch Legend of Lu Zhen not expecting much but then I ended marathon-ing it within a week back in 2013. I thought she was so cute with Chen Xiao and tried to find more content with the two so I watched The Palace. She gave me a good impression back then but not so much to follow her.

I tried watching Boss and Me a year later but I couldn't get into it because I thought it was a bit fluffy.

Then fast forward to 2016, I was bored again one day and saw that Boss and Me had just high ratings so I gave it another go and I actually ended up enjoying it haha I thought she was so adorable with Zhang Han. And so I went on to watch The Rise of a Tomboy and little did I know, I was craving for more Zhao Li Ying dramas to watch. So I watched Journey of Flower and that was it, I became a huge fan of hers without even realising.  :derp:

#43 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:45 PM

006kHJh2gw1f7eh6kf6b9j30en0g8js6.jpg

1472699909141.jpg

My case is kind of similar to yours. I was bored one day and decided to watch Legend of Lu Zhen not expecting much but then I ended marathon-ing it within a week back in 2013. I thought she was so cute with Chen Xiao and tried to find more content with the two so I watched The Palace. She gave me a good impression back then but not so much to follow her.

I tried watching Boss and Me a year later but I couldn't get into it because I thought it was a bit fluffy.

Then fast forward to 2016, I was bored again one day and saw that Boss and Me had just high ratings so I gave it another go and I actually ended up enjoying it haha I thought she was so adorable with Zhang Han. And so I went on to watch The Rise of a Tomboy and little did I know, I was craving for more Zhao Li Ying dramas to watch. So I watched Journey of Flower and that was it, I became a huge fan of hers without even realising.  :derp:

hahaha yeah pretty similar 

I think Journey of Flower confirmed it for most of us here ^^

#44 ScarletWhimsy

ScarletWhimsy

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts
  • LocationKiku's Pub

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

Oh my gosh, this thread's existence. YAS.

#45 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:22 AM (Edited by waycrispy1, 02 September 2016 - 07:23 AM.)

I've been watching LoveO2O and it's been enjoyable, and since the same author wrote Boos & Me, I finally gave in and started watching it. I couldn't do it for the longest time, because I'm allergic to Zhang Han, but I just had to for Zhao Liying's cute oversized sweaters and hair bun. Once again, she really embodies her character so well. I can't help but compare her acting to Zheng Shuang. I've never been a fan of Zheng Shuang's acting, but watching these two simultaneously really emphasized the huge difference in their acting ability. 

Watching her in dramas really does make you crave for more...I petition for her new drama to be with Yang Yang, that would be cuteness overload.

#46 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

ZLY reached 40 Million followers on weibo 

b7cd1d6egw1f7f7t9offsj20ps0ccmyt.jpg

Oh my gosh, this thread's existence. YAS.

Come join us  :happy:

I've been watching LoveO2O and it's been enjoyable, and since the same author wrote Boos & Me, I finally gave in and started watching it. I couldn't do it for the longest time, because I'm allergic to Zhang Han, but I just had to for Zhao Liying's cute oversized sweaters and hair bun. Once again, she really embodies her character so well. I can't help but compare her acting to Zheng Shuang. I've never been a fan of Zheng Shuang's acting, but watching these two simultaneously really emphasized the huge difference in their acting ability. 

Watching her in dramas really does make you crave for more...I petition for her new drama to be with Yang Yang, that would be cuteness overload.

I have never seen her, but I havent seen good reviews about her acting. However, most people seem to think she is doing a better job on this drama. I will check out the drama once I finish one of my current dramas. It will finish airing this week probably.

A lot of people want ZLY to do a drama with YangYang, I have seen a few FMVs. I want her to do a drama with HuGe. It would probably be a more serious drama, but I would love for her to start working with more established actors. 

Talking about acting I think I saw somewhere that SunLi and ZLY are managed by the same company. This is interesting to me since I think SunLi and Zhao Liying are probably my top chinese actresses acting wise. 

#47 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:40 AM

ZLY reached 40 Million followers on weibo 

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/b7cd1d6egw1f...

Come join us  :happy:

I have never seen her, but I havent seen good reviews about her acting. However, most people seem to think she is doing a better job on this drama. I will check out the drama once I finish one of my current dramas. It will finish airing this week probably.

A lot of people want ZLY to do a drama with YangYang, I have seen a few FMVs. I want her to do a drama with HuGe. It would probably be a more serious drama, but I would love for her to start working with more established actors. 

Talking about acting I think I saw somewhere that SunLi and ZLY are managed by the same company. This is interesting to me since I think SunLi and Zhao Liying are probably my top chinese actresses acting wise. 

I lot of people like LoveO2O despite the cheesiness, I have a soft spot for Yang Yang and college love romance. Just be prepared for Zheng Shuang's deer in headlights expressions, her way too thin frame (I think she filmed this during the time of her breakup?) and the ridiculous amount of product placement (if I got a dollar for each time I saw a product, I'd be so rich).

I forgot about Hu Ge, that would be a wonderful choice. He really did hit the jackpot with Nirvana. I never thought he would be able to break out from his pigeon-holed roles of the past and was worried especially since he's getting older now, but that drama did wonders for his career and really showcased his acting. I really do hope Zhao Liying goes in the same direction. Seems like she already is, working with actors like Lu Yi and not your typical little fresh meat. 

That would be great if they had the same management. I really wish she'd be able to explore more diverse and challenging roles like Sun Li has, but that cute baby face of hers is a tough sell for the roles I want to see her doing.

#48 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

I lot of people like LoveO2O despite the cheesiness, I have a soft spot for Yang Yang and college love romance. Just be prepared for Zheng Shuang's deer in headlights expressions, her way too thin frame (I think she filmed this during the time of her breakup?) and the ridiculous amount of product placement (if I got a dollar for each time I saw a product, I'd be so rich).

I forgot about Hu Ge, that would be a wonderful choice. He really did hit the jackpot with Nirvana. I never thought he would be able to break out from his pigeon-holed roles of the past and was worried especially since he's getting older now, but that drama did wonders for his career and really showcased his acting. I really do hope Zhao Liying goes in the same direction. Seems like she already is, working with actors like Lu Yi and not your typical little fresh meat. 

That would be great if they had the same management. I really wish she'd be able to explore more diverse and challenging roles like Sun Li has, but that cute baby face of hers is a tough sell for the roles I want to see her doing.

deer in headlights  :._.:  Ugh with the product placements, I have been seeing them in Chusen too and it annoys me so much 

Yeah, Nirvana and The Disguiser really changed his career. I tried watching one of his older dramas and his acting improved so much, he used to be really cringy. 

I also want ZLY to move away from idol dramas. I think she has been trying to expand her roles. Rookie Agent with LuYi will be interesting. Also, her upcoming movie New Eternal Wave.

I also want her to take more diverse and challenging roles but her looks really do hurt her. That being said she has played evil characters before and I think she pulled them off. Now she will be playing badass female characters back to back with Rookie Agent, New Eternal Wave, and Princess Agents. 

#49 ScarletWhimsy

ScarletWhimsy

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts
  • LocationKiku's Pub

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

My absolute favourite role of hers was Lu Zhen. Fell in love with both her as an actress, as well as my fave female main in a Chinese historical drama.

#50 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:56 PM

My absolute favourite role of hers was Lu Zhen. Fell in love with both her as an actress, as well as my fave female main in a Chinese historical drama.

I liked her in LuZhen a lot <3 She hasnt done a historical drama since. I don't know if Princess Agents will count. I want her to do another palace drama in the future. 

#51 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:26 AM

BTS from Chusen 

Actors/Crew were saying really nice things about her work ethic and dedication

40ab4f4cgw1f7gomcc2dpg20ar067kjn.gif

40ab4f4cgw1f7gonh2pahg20ar0674qt.gif

40ab4f4cgw1f7gonr0srdg20ar067npg.gif

40ab4f4cgw1f7goonlm0mg20ar067e87.gif

Endorsement 

6f12ad58gw1f7gaspofi6j20n20n2799.jpg

6f12ad58gw1f7gasxq8w6j20n20n2q8i.jpg

6f12ad58gw1f7gat11zvqj20n20n20xn.jpg

Weekly rankings 

Sina star rankings: ZLY only girl in the top 10

Spoiler

Our Decade has made 17 million yuan so far, pretty decent for not doing any promos and being a two year old indie film. 

btw I think I once saw somewhere that ZLY said her favorite role so far has been LuZhen

#52 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:27 PM

So ZLY did a million things today 

Event for Chando

005D0pgejw1f7j3l6qf0jj31dc2i01kx.jpg

005D0pgejw1f7izisg88ij30v80ng1kx.jpg

Spoiler

love this dress

for those Mystic Nine OTP fans 

a38f79a8gw1f7j4irdj9gg208305mhdt.gif

An earlier event for Chando too 

#53 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:29 PM (Edited by nutella, 05 September 2016 - 04:32 PM.)

6f12ad58gw1f7j2nz1vonj21kw2db7kv.jpg

005D0pgejw1f7ix9vxzcuj30m80fkmyk.jpg

Spoiler

I like this dress even more, she looks like a fairy

With the Diving Team 

618b6211gw1f7j1q6qcr7j20zk0qo4qp.jpg

Spoiler

#54 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:00 PM (Edited by nutella, 05 September 2016 - 05:53 PM.)

4b0c804ajw1f7iv8fpwfwg20c80c8u0x.gif

40ab4f4cgw1f7imfrc7kqg20b40694qp.gif

Spoiler

#55 Grim Reaper's Wife

Grim Reaper's Wife

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationGirls' Generation of the House SM, the First of Their Names, The Savages, Queens of Asia, Queens of Derp, Protector of the Earth, Indisputable Queens of Girl Groups, Breakers of Records and Mothers of Variety

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:40 PM

So ZLY did a million things today

Event for Chando

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005D0pgejw...

http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/005D0pgejw1...

love this dress

for those Mystic Nine OTP fans
http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/a38f79a8gw1f...

An earlier event for Chando too

i love that dress on her, she looks so radiant! and holy shit that kiss!! is it going to air or is it aired?

#56 pgm.

pgm.

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationOn a Hellevator

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:43 AM

oh wow she's looking so beautiful. I love her dress choices at events

#57 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:53 AM

For those of you curious about her dresses like I was

80e3e3d0jw1f7joj3p93yj20m80xd791.jpg

80e3e3d0jw1f7joj34xlaj20m80xdwiz.jpg

I looked this one up bc I really like it and it is over $500  :rlytearpls:

Spoiler

i love that dress on her, she looks so radiant! and holy shit that kiss!! is it going to air or is it aired?

I love the dress so much. 

We better get that kiss and not some PG version of it, like I have been seeing  :donthinkso:

006rrp5Vjw1f7ixtvl69aj30hs0bnt9e.jpg

oh wow she's looking so beautiful. I love her dress choices at events

The dresses are so pretty. She recently changed her styling team and I think they are really stepping up their game. Can't wait to see her dress during the Bazaar event. 

#58 Grim Reaper's Wife

Grim Reaper's Wife

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationGirls' Generation of the House SM, the First of Their Names, The Savages, Queens of Asia, Queens of Derp, Protector of the Earth, Indisputable Queens of Girl Groups, Breakers of Records and Mothers of Variety

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

i wouldn't say she looks ever so young but she's definitely ageing gracefully as days goes by. i dont regret becoming her fan!! :)

#59 nutella

nutella

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,100 posts
  • Location1004

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:21 PM

this looks comical  :lol:

005D0pgegw1f7kstxry8rj34ez2rdx6s.jpg

she looks super tiny here 

i wouldn't say she looks ever so young but she's definitely ageing gracefully as days goes by. i dont regret becoming her fan!! :)

she is 28 and I do think she looks more mature now since she is so skinny and her face doesnt look as full as usual

still as pretty as always ^^

#60 Seulchu

Seulchu

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,260 posts
  • Locationᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:27 AM

*following*

Up, Up and Away!