Photo
Announcement

Now Accepting Junior Moderator Applications (Due September 5th, 11:59PM PST) - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#41 Lunacy

Lunacy

Grrr ~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts
  • Locationʕ ˵◕ ᴥ ◕ ˵ʔ

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:00 AM (Edited by Lunacy, 16 August 2016 - 06:00 AM.)

Good luck everyone, and if chosen, stay strong and do your best!

Moderating is very difficult but I'm sure you will do great <3

Also I really hope that lessons were learned from the past and the old mistakes won't be repeated again.

#42 Want me

Want me

VISUAL OF SONE FANDOM

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  • Location제자리걸음 너에게로 혼자 웃고 또 나 울고 있어요 이렇게 난 그늘 속 슬픈 해바라기 그래요 난 너 하나만 그리죠

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:15 AM

Can i be mod? 

tumblr_obntli0KFA1u6n38po1_250.gif

#43 oberyn

oberyn

whoa kemosabe

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts
  • LocationSlipping into the diamond life

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:19 AM

Ugh I'm lowkey salty @ the infractions thing because I got infractions for some dumb things (some of which were my fault, admittedly)....

#44 GigoloNation

GigoloNation

These Hoes Ain't Loyal

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationSome place near you or behind you or ......inside you :)

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:27 AM (Edited by I LIKE YOU TOO, 16 August 2016 - 07:28 AM.)

I want to send in an application but the standards are too one sided and pretty judgemental to be honest.
What if you actually want to become a mod and get rejected solely because you've got a 'record'? Doesn't make sense since you're not even encouraging change.

#45 Paper Ice Cream

Paper Ice Cream

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓨𝓸𝓾, 𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓜𝓮

• 19,830 posts
  • Location𝔹𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕓 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕟

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:31 AM

Good luck to any that apply! Moderating is not easy but it's rewarding. If you love helping others, have a good sense of understanding, find it easy to work as a team, and value working towards creating and maintaining a strong community, it's a great position to go for!

But because your current roster of moderators are far too nice to say it, I'm going to be the one who does it; honestly reconsider applying if:

• You're incapable of volunteering your time to the site. People love being stamp holders on this site and care more about the title than giving effort. No one needs you on the team.
  • You do not have the passion for this site and community. You do not get paid for this "job"; it is strictly volunteer and to do it well you will need to love it. Anything you face will rely on your love for OneHallyu and its thriving community to help you get through it. Trust me.
  • You aren't good at working with a team. You may be able to organize threads and sure, you know how to read and comprehend rules, but if you don't know how to talk with the rest of your moderating team and instead love taking the backseat when it comes to discussions, meetings, giving input, and bouncing feedback off other people, then you won't be a good addition to the team. It is what it is.
  • You get offended easily. Moderating is not easy. You will be accused of many things - things that are false and go against your true character. Your feelings must become steel. Your favs will be dragged to hell and back all over the forum and you will be responsible for remaining composed, professional, and absolutely capable of functioning and doing your job fairly despite it all. If you can't work under that kind of pressure then please don't try to put yourself in it.
  • You don't know how to make a decision. You will be uncertain of yourself at first while you learn and that is okay, but if you are never confident in your decisions and handling a situation on your own, then you will find this position just isn't for you.

A lot of people apply and go into this with the mindset of "Oh, I post on here! I could do this job!" without realizing the full responsibility that comes with it. Realize that moderating is not easy. Many days it will be hard. You will be hated by someone on this site no matter what it is you do or how fair and just you handle a situation. 

But it feels good to be a part of something that is great; it feels good to contribute to something you believe in. Working in a team and developing close relationships among others you'll grow to value is fulfilling. Seeing first hand a positive impact you create on others within this site is rewarding. Yes, moderating is not easy, but it is so very worth it.

If this post sounds serious, it's because it is. I genuinely hope those who apply are willing and ready to put in the time and effort. That is the only thing that OneHallyu and its users deserve.

Have fun and good luck.~xo

I'm speechless.  :ohbi:

Good luck to everyone applying!

#46 PinkPrincessJin

PinkPrincessJin

• PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:35 AM

Good luck everyone <3

#47 sillysone

sillysone

Intellectual wannabe

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,335 posts
  • LocationWalking the many and unknowable paths, I follow a dim light. It's something we'll do together to the end, into the new world.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

Wishing good luck to all applicants!

tumblr_n4asq3HtLF1qkuzifo1_500.gif

#48 Jinni

Jinni

♡ JinMi ♡

• Awards Team
  • 6,149 posts
  • LocationXiumin's thighs

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:42 AM

Good luck to everyone applying! vIzXlJT.gif

#49 Belle.

Belle.

♡ Beast Girl ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

good luck everyone 

#50 ellectrified

ellectrified

f(mamamoo)

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Location4-Dimensional Radish Field

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:36 AM

I just applied so good luck for me and others too!

latest?cb=20140317220532

#51 dbellvm

dbellvm

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • Locationdepths of the internet

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

good luck all who are thinking to apply. hope to get nice new moderators  :lol:

#52 HepHapSwegg

HepHapSwegg

♕ CRAZY DOG ♕

• PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationNuzzling Yezi's melons---Currently residing in the slums of haterville.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:15 AM (Edited by HepHapSwegg, 16 August 2016 - 09:15 AM.)

Lol great. As if there isn't enough of you sheep. 

#53 Paper Ice Cream

Paper Ice Cream

𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓨𝓸𝓾, 𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓜𝓮

• 19,830 posts
  • Location𝔹𝕒𝕝𝕒𝕞𝕓 𝔾𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕖𝕟

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

I want to send in an application but the standards are too one sided and pretty judgemental to be honest.
What if you actually want to become a mod and get rejected solely because you've got a 'record'? Doesn't make sense since you're not even encouraging change.

You can still try to apply!

To be an effective mod, a user is expected to follow the rules as well and that includes having no infractions as setting an example is needed.

#54 Aliza

Aliza

Youngjae's Sugarplum

• PipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:32 AM

Good luck to anyone who applies  :ohbi: 

#55 PaboWasseo✩

PaboWasseo✩

❀ ✧ X I A O S U S ✧ ❀

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,291 posts
  • LocationResidin in the magical cosmic houseu ✨

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:57 AM

I have previous infractions but I'm gonna send in the best application ever that you just have to accept me. UW8b6p2.gif

#56 Sam

Sam

종인과 태일 사이

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts
  • Locationfrom yours and truly the only loyal kai stan in the upper hemisphere

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

Lol great. As if there isn't enough of you sheep. 

wtf ?

#57 Moonsus

Moonsus

Moon Hyuna's Shrine Priest

• PipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts
  • LocationFeeding Hoya and Moya

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:46 AM (Edited by Moonsus, 16 August 2016 - 10:47 AM.)

Can I apply if I only use OH on mobile
I can help the other mobile users and stuff

#58 Virgin

Virgin

like a rabbit in headlights

• PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

Nice try but we all know who's getting hired:)

2NsM80b.png

#59 ñyan

ñyan

Queen Claudia

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,257 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Nice try but we all know who's getting hired:)
http://i.imgur.com/2NsM80b.png...

You wrote his name wrong on purpose lmao

#60 pimo

pimo

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚔𝚊𝚐𝚎

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

I just want the blue banner

good luck to all applying!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement

Up, Up and Away!