Photo
Announcement

Now Accepting Junior Moderator Applications (Due September 5th, 11:59PM PST) - APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
119 replies to this topic

#21 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,235 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:27 AM (Edited by Hemlock, 16 August 2016 - 12:28 AM.)

Do i qualify if i was previously fired from a modding position for inappropriate behavior and lewd comments towards other staff members? I've changed! 

#22 CareBear08

CareBear08

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

Good luck to those applying.

#23 Sailor Mars

Sailor Mars

I did it for the people

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,333 posts
  • LocationFeeling the vibe

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:28 AM

When I get busy with school is when y'all actually open the applications up.... Story of my life, anyway good luck to all applicants!

#24 Mog

Mog

✧✧✧

• Hall OH Fame
  • 8,733 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

Good luck to any that apply! Moderating is not easy but it's rewarding. If you love helping others, have a good sense of understanding, find it easy to work as a team, and value working towards creating and maintaining a strong community, it's a great position to go for!

But because your current roster of moderators are far too nice to say it, I'm going to be the one who does it; honestly reconsider applying if:

• You're incapable of volunteering your time to the site. People love being stamp holders on this site and care more about the title than giving effort. No one needs you on the team.
  • You do not have the passion for this site and community. You do not get paid for this "job"; it is strictly volunteer and to do it well you will need to love it. Anything you face will rely on your love for OneHallyu and its thriving community to help you get through it. Trust me.
  • You aren't good at working with a team. You may be able to organize threads and sure, you know how to read and comprehend rules, but if you don't know how to talk with the rest of your moderating team and instead love taking the backseat when it comes to discussions, meetings, giving input, and bouncing feedback off other people, then you won't be a good addition to the team. It is what it is.
  • You get offended easily. Moderating is not easy. You will be accused of many things - things that are false and go against your true character. Your feelings must become steel. Your favs will be dragged to hell and back all over the forum and you will be responsible for remaining composed, professional, and absolutely capable of functioning and doing your job fairly despite it all. If you can't work under that kind of pressure then please don't try to put yourself in it.
  • You don't know how to make a decision. You will be uncertain of yourself at first while you learn and that is okay, but if you are never confident in your decisions and handling a situation on your own, then you will find this position just isn't for you.

A lot of people apply and go into this with the mindset of "Oh, I post on here! I could do this job!" without realizing the full responsibility that comes with it. Realize that moderating is not easy. Many days it will be hard. You will be hated by someone on this site no matter what it is you do or how fair and just you handle a situation. 

But it feels good to be a part of something that is great; it feels good to contribute to something you believe in. Working in a team and developing close relationships among others you'll grow to value is fulfilling. Seeing first hand a positive impact you create on others within this site is rewarding. Yes, moderating is not easy, but it is so very worth it.

If this post sounds serious, it's because it is. I genuinely hope those who apply are willing and ready to put in the time and effort. That is the only thing that OneHallyu and its users deserve.

Have fun and good luck.~xo

#25 Darkchao45

Darkchao45

Saving The Digital World

• Warrior of Love
  • 7,936 posts
  • LocationWaiting for a BlackPink album...

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

Do i qualify if i was previously fired from a modding position for inappropriate behavior and lewd comments towards other staff members? I've changed! 

Welcome back, my son.

#26 Hemlock

Hemlock

Xia♥Lock

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,235 posts
  • LocationNever running from a real fight. She's the one named Sailor Moon!

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Welcome back, my son.

Now this is inappropriate.  :omg:

#27 Darkchao45

Darkchao45

Saving The Digital World

• Warrior of Love
  • 7,936 posts
  • LocationWaiting for a BlackPink album...

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:56 AM

Now this is inappropriate.  :omg:

:hurr:

#28 miaissocoollike

miaissocoollike

Noticed by Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationLalaland

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:58 AM

Welp, I guess I'm out. Asia time zone right here

#29 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationSkiing with Her Hyoliness

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:04 AM

Hopefully this is not a precursor to another round of mod departures.
Also, whilst more is good (necessary, even), quality over quantity please.

Good luck to all those prepared to step out and volunteer to serve.

#30 SAUCY

SAUCY

YNWA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,605 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:08 AM

Hopefully this is not a precursor to another round of mod departures.
Also, whilst more is good (necessary, even), quality over quantity please.

Good luck to all those prepared to step out and volunteer to serve.

you should apply

plsssss

#31 Ogre Shrek

Ogre Shrek

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  • LocationSkiing with Her Hyoliness

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:13 AM (Edited by Ogre Shrek, 16 August 2016 - 02:15 AM.)

you should apply

plsssss

Spoiler

#32 SAUCY

SAUCY

YNWA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,605 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:17 AM

Spoiler

;_; 

you're the hero this forum needs 

#33 ember

ember

⌜♡⌟

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts
  • Location✧✦ 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:19 AM (Edited by jendeuk ☾, 16 August 2016 - 02:30 AM.)

I've helped mod another site before so I would try out, but it's been a while. 

Rip anyway, I'm not in European time zone  :rlytearpls: I can do pacific 11AM tho... 

Plus I'm a nugu user, lawl

#34 Nani.

Nani.

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:02 AM

I live in Germany and the time is actually perfect for me. I'll think about it  :raep:

#35 sυmmer

sυmmer

Idol

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:08 AM

All applicants must have the time, communication skills, and motivation necessary to effectively moderator the forum (At least 2 hours per day).

#36 oberyn

oberyn

whoa kemosabe

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,707 posts
  • LocationSlipping into the diamond life

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

(This includes having no previous infractions or disciplinary actions taken against your account).

Well

Tfw you meet all the other requirements except this one

wx16vXo.gif

#37 lyly11

lyly11

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,105 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

good luck to all applicants!

#38 no sleep

no sleep

I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim.

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationDONT TALK TO ME UGLY

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

This includes having no previous infractions or disciplinary actions taken against your account

what is dis?! god why?! I've learned my lesson already. i have reflected.  :rlytearpls: 

189bbdde.gif

d1eef220.gif

016.gif

0eeeff42.gif

#39 Bella Strand

Bella Strand

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:02 AM (Edited by Bella Strand, 16 August 2016 - 05:05 AM.)

The times we are looking for have in the past been covered by those in European time zones, because they are well suited timing wise. We do also say "we will give consideration to those that are able/willing to actively moderate from 11 AM PST to 3PM PST, and 3 PM PST to 7 PM PST."

So it's between 3AM KST to 7AM KST and another time-frame 7AM KST to 11AM KST... right?

*A suggestion: In future... in if possible... can the time also be shared in KST? Since I think every1 all over the world

in OH already accustomed to relate their current time vs KST.

My 2¢

#40 sadface

sadface

let's not fall in love

• sad = server.always.down
  • 1,958 posts
  • Locationfacepalming myself reading your post

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:07 AM

Good luck to any that apply! Moderating is not easy but it's rewarding. If you love helping others, have a good sense of understanding, find it easy to work as a team, and value working towards creating and maintaining a strong community, it's a great position to go for!

But because your current roster of moderators are far too nice to say it, I'm going to be the one who does it; honestly reconsider applying if:

• You're incapable of volunteering your time to the site. People love being stamp holders on this site and care more about the title than giving effort. No one needs you on the team.
  • You do not have the passion for this site and community. You do not get paid for this "job"; it is strictly volunteer and to do it well you will need to love it. Anything you face will rely on your love for OneHallyu and its thriving community to help you get through it. Trust me.
  • You aren't good at working with a team. You may be able to organize threads and sure, you know how to read and comprehend rules, but if you don't know how to talk with the rest of your moderating team and instead love taking the backseat when it comes to discussions, meetings, giving input, and bouncing feedback off other people, then you won't be a good addition to the team. It is what it is.
  • You get offended easily. Moderating is not easy. You will be accused of many things - things that are false and go against your true character. Your feelings must become steel. Your favs will be dragged to hell and back all over the forum and you will be responsible for remaining composed, professional, and absolutely capable of functioning and doing your job fairly despite it all. If you can't work under that kind of pressure then please don't try to put yourself in it.
  • You don't know how to make a decision. You will be uncertain of yourself at first while you learn and that is okay, but if you are never confident in your decisions and handling a situation on your own, then you will find this position just isn't for you.

A lot of people apply and go into this with the mindset of "Oh, I post on here! I could do this job!" without realizing the full responsibility that comes with it. Realize that moderating is not easy. Many days it will be hard. You will be hated by someone on this site no matter what it is you do or how fair and just you handle a situation. 

But it feels good to be a part of something that is great; it feels good to contribute to something you believe in. Working in a team and developing close relationships among others you'll grow to value is fulfilling. Seeing first hand a positive impact you create on others within this site is rewarding. Yes, moderating is not easy, but it is so very worth it.

If this post sounds serious, it's because it is. I genuinely hope those who apply are willing and ready to put in the time and effort. That is the only thing that OneHallyu and its users deserve.

Have fun and good luck.~xo

GDI this is why i can't be a mod.

Good luck for all the applicants!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement

Up, Up and Away!