OneHallyu

Was this a mistake by the company of Oh My Girl?

Bosnia_HyunaLover <3

To release Closer so early?

That song is blessing to the ears.. No matter how many times I listen to the song or watch the MV is still goosebumps!

Everything about this era is flawless ^^

But fact is that Oh My Girl was at the beginning at that period and people were just discovering them

Closer has 50k downloads on Gaon while songs like Liar Liar, Windy Day, Aing have way more which are also amazing songs but imo Closer was their peak and it will be hard reached tbfh

It was released during autumn when the nature is starting so sleep and everything gets slower and the MV was perfectly made

On the one hand I'm hoping for OMG to finally get some rest, on the other I'm hoping to get a Closer 2.0 in October/November which would made them definitely my #1 new generation gg!

The sales are doing so good the last few months and it makes me so proud to see a future in front of them ^^

#stanOhMyGirl2k16

-MV-OH-MY-GIRL-_-CLOSER-oh-my-girl-38934

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5sw5bo52h90c

omg_shootingstar.gif

Closer even if the song didn't chart well or sell a lot, brought to Oh My Girl a lot of attention from Korean & Int.

and showed how talented they are, & a part of the potential. 

And they can certainly comeback with a dreamy song like this one one day, but people should open to all they do and not focus too much on Closer :)

From a business perspective, Yooa got a number of CF deals because of this, which allowed the company to finance more MVs, effectively keeping the group in existence. It saved them by not letting them fall in obscurity like it has happened to many other nugu girl groups. They work non-stop, but with every MV they release, they get more and more noticed by CF companies, and have even had some TV appearances. This is a larger reward than from the average nugu group.

From a business perspective, Yooa got a number of CF deals because of this, which allowed the company to finance more MVs, effectively keeping the group in existence. It saved them by not letting them fall in obscurity like it has happened to many other nugu girl groups. They work non-stop, but with every MV they release, they get more and more noticed by CF companies, and have even had some TV appearances. This is a larger reward than from the average nugu group.

Omg really??? I didn't even knew about any of the CFs lol

Closer was the song that made me sit up and take notice of OMG more carefully. If they had released Liar Liar as their first come back I would've neglected them thinking they're another bright colored kpop girl group.

And seeing the response from others I think Closer achieved a goodly amount of attention escalating them forward. I get the feeling the girls actually have some minor say in how they want to do their concepts after watch Seunghee's 3 stages on Girl Spirit. These 3 stages had the OMG uniqueness to them. Cute yet bold, soft yet powerful. Definitely something I expect from OMG.

Every episode of Girl Spirit shows me a little of OMG and how they were able to pull off Closer so amazingly.

I think there were 2 major mistakes.

1. Using One Step, Two Steps as a pre-single, instead of saving it for an actual comeback.

2. Fcuking up their momentum with releasing an album with remakes. After LL and Windy Day all they needed was a big-ass hit tailored for Korean audience and instead they delivered a good song, but without any WOW effect...

Let's hope they do better in the future.

I don't think it's a mistake because it gained them a lot of new fans.. I also started noticing OMG because of Closer :rlytearpls: To me OMG's Closer is like Monsta X's Hero.. the song is so good and might have been THE break out song but if the company didn't release the song when they did they wouldn't have the fanbase they have today. One Step Two Steps and Windy Day are really good songs too so I don't doubt WM will release a song that tops Closer in the near future.

Archived