Photo

OH's 2nd Annual Writers Contest

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#1 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:49 AM (Edited by FREE MY NIGGA EFFY, 05 January 2014 - 04:33 PM.)

OH's 2nd Annual Writers Contest | Start Date DEC 21 2013 | End Date JAN 15 2014

To celebrate the new year to come, myself and the WC Staff are hosting the second Writers Contest for Onehallyu members.

Any and everyone can join. New rules have been added.

THEME

Christmas or the New Years holiday

or both

RULES
Be original. Being cliche is one thing, but stealing someone's idea is triffling.
We encourage that you try winning based on your own creativity or you will be disqualified.

Story must include no more than 2500 words.

Story must include [CONTEST] before the title

Story must include theme.

Story must be submitted before the the due date unless a waiver is submitted.

Story can be posted as a separate thread or within this thread.

Questions You Might Ask

Is smut allowed? Yes, we do not want to limit a writer in any way so if your style is writing slashy fics, then by all means.

Is Yaoi or Yuri allowed? This is a Writers Contest, not a anime/manga contest. If you want to write male on male or female on female, or both, that's ok. Yaoi and Yuri are one of the biggest misconceptions in the fanfic world because it's only for Japanese art but fans love to use the terms.

Am I limited to only writing about kpop idols? No. You could write about Tyler Perry if you wanted.

Does my story have to be srs? I'm ok with silly submissions, however I don't like borderline trolling. As long as you have good intentions then it's ok.

Your timezone is really weird.... Yes, I know, which is why waivers can be put into place just in case someone is not able to submit their fic on time or perhaps the judging process may get delayed due to different time zones.

How will my story be judged? Myself and three other anonymous judges will go over the submissions and share our thoughts with each other.

Prizes

1st Place - Unique Badge

this was actually a bit hard to come by because in order for WC to provide this prize i have to give up my own unique badge because the mods are stingy motherfuckers like that so be grateful because my badge is iconic and more relevant than your plastic faves

2nd Place - 500,000 WON

3rd Place - 250,000 WON

#2 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

lol @ tbh in 3rd place

editing...

#3 Vaelin

Vaelin

Based

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:54 AM (Edited by YING YING, 21 December 2013 - 10:57 AM.)

lol @ tbh in 3rd place

editing...

Thought it was intentional  :lol:

Do you have to sign up or just send something before deadline if muse allows.

#4 Chunface

Chunface

Married to CraZy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

can we write about OH members 

#5 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

can we write about OH members 

Yes.

#6 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Do you have to sign up or just send something before deadline if muse allows.

There's no signing up, as long as we see your thread with you submission with everything that needs to be included, it will be counted. You can also post in the thread saying that it's been submitted once you do.

#7 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh! Press
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

I might join, but if the deadline is before the end of this year, I don't think I'll have time.

#8 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

I might join, but if the deadline is before the end of this year, I don't think I'll have time.

I'm thinking a week or two after the holidays, maybe around the 5th of January, but I'm still coordinating that.

#9 Pallala

Pallala

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

hello I'm Pallala :)

Where are we supposed to post our stories ? :)

And can you assure a great protection of my stories and hire bodyguards for me , because i'm afraid someone with bad intentions towards human beings would steal my work :._.:

#10 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

hello I'm Pallala :)

Where are we supposed to post our stories ? :)

And can you assure a great protection of my stories and hire bodyguards for me , because i'm afraid someone with bad intentions towards human beings would steal my work :._.:

girl...

tumblr_mulzh6zJy71rqdlf6o2_250.gif

#11 DomoMeg

DomoMeg

T-A-N-A-K-A

• PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I can give up one of my unique awards instead if you want mane

#12 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh! Press
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm thinking a week or two after the holidays, maybe around the 5th of January, but I'm still coordinating that.

That's two weeks to write from now...  tumblr_inline_mmzo1mOXb21qz4rgp.gif  If my writing block doesn't continue then I might attempt to write something.  Also what time zone are you in?  

#13 Someone actually

Someone actually

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

ooh this sounds fun, I think I might participate.

#14 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

I can give up one of my unique awards instead if you want mane

...UWHAA?

What is your unique badge?

That's two weeks to write from now...  http://media.tumblr.com/fe7e12aad59eb565...  If my writing block doesn't continue then I might attempt to write something.  Also what time zone are you in?  

It may get extended, however, my schedule in January after the 15th is very iffy because I will be traveling a lot and I won't have internet for a long period of time but we shall see.

#15 Pallala

Pallala

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

i'm serious :)

where are we supposed to post our stories ? Do we have to post it on this thread ? :)

I'm Pallala by the way , not pololo but Pallala :)

#16 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

i'm serious :)

where are we supposed to post our stories ? Do we have to post it on this thread ? :)

I'm Pallala by the way , not pololo but Pallala :)

You post your own thread in the fanfic section

#17 DomoMeg

DomoMeg

T-A-N-A-K-A

• PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

...UWHAA?

It may get extended, however, my schedule in January after the 15th is very iffy because I will be traveling a lot and I won't have internet for a long period of time but we shall see.

i have 2 

da top left n the right bottom, n im fine without one of them since i rarely post

#18 Alisonn

Alisonn

(。◕‿◕。) ✿ ♥

• Oh! Press
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

...UWHAA?

Ahh... I see.  I don't think I'll win anyway, but it would be nice if we could do the same as last year, although it sort of failed last year because of Hallyu8 crashing and make fanfic posters too, but that is too much to ask.  Thank you for hosting it.  tumblr_inline_mg15qnUpxW1qdlkyg.gif

#19 Pallala

Pallala

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

You post your own thread in the fanfic section

oh i see thank you !

i can't wait to own your unique badge  , i hope it's really really really unique . Is there an animal on that badge  ? :)  If there's an alpaca please change it because i don't want a badge with an alapaca on it :)

#20 MILKSHAKE

MILKSHAKE

OT?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

i have 2 

da top left n the right bottom, n im fine without one of them since i rarely post

I don't really think the I <3 Punkass Sadface badge is interchangable but I can't take either anyhow

My badge is dated anyway, it's time to move on and get a lax badge

Ahh... I see.  I don't think I'll win anyway, but it would be nice if we could do the same as last year, although it sort of failed last year because of Hallyu8 crashing and make fanfic posters too, but that is too much to ask.  Thank you for hosting it.  http://media.tumblr.com/dd0a57db367c2b1f...

Oh hallyu8 -_-

my Dr Seuss-esque fanfic was my only copy on that site. -_-

Up, Up and Away!