Thread rules and guidelines.
Our goal is to make this thread a healthy and welcoming community. An enjoyable place for BTS fans, multi-fandoms and anyone curious about BTS. We need everyone's cooperation and trust the users of this thread to make good use of these guidelines.
1. Hostility towards other users is strongly discouraged. Try to work things out but if progress is not made in a reasonable time frame, users need to make use of Private Messaging or the ignore function. Multiple repetitive hostile responses to users (also known as dog-piling) make people feel ganged up on and escalate conflict so please help us keep this to a minimum. Backreading/backtracking or refreshing your browser before responding to a controversial comment to check if someone else has already replied can help.
2. Bashing of other groups or fandoms and users is prohibited and will be reported to the moderators.
3. Shutting down users' opinions is discouraged. Serious conversations, debates and criticism are allowed but should come with a warning (ex. serious convo, criticism, rant etc.) and spoilers should be used.
4. Prolonged criticism belongs in the unpopular opinions, ranting, and bashing threads.
5. Prolonged concerns about individual members belong in individual threads.
Notably matters of line and screen time distribution (this is always an issue and this our solution).
6. Prolonged sales talk belongs in the sales thread.
7. Potentially offensive/inappropriate sexual comments belong in the 18+ thread. Use your own discretion.
8. Updates, especially when potentially anxiety-inducing, require reliable sources and need to be stated openly. Anxiety-producing rumors and drama should be kept to a bare minimum unless disclosing them is required for the good of the fandom.
9. We discourage users from bringing up the Bashing Thread, trolling, and anti behavior in the Main Thread. An exception to the rule might be a case where BTS has been directly affected, for example.
10. This is a group thread so all 7 members need to be respected here.
11. When posting long comments or multiple pictures, please use spoilers out of consideration for others.
12. You can use the downvote / upvote function at your own discretion and this is not a rule that can be enforced but we discourage users from downvoting other users for having differing opinions.
13. Off-topic conversations are allowed as long as spoilers are used and the user who's initiating the conversation states explicitly at the beginning of their post that the conversation is off topic (OT).
14. Feel free to direct questions, concerns, and suggestions regarding the Main Thread to DOOLY and Akpheart in the thread or over PM.
For anything that isn't in our power you can contact the moderators in The Ask A Mod Thread
or read One Hallyu's Rules Book and Warning Manual.
You can also refer to this and this post to get a more in depth view about the OPs thoughts about the guidelines.
Thanks for understanding. We hope you will enjoy your stay in The BTS Official Thread