Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Kami

[UPDATED] The End of Kpop is near. China BANS korean Entertainment!!

Oh,you're right!

Jolin is considered trash there though. China is all about that vocal and Jolin's vocal is...questionable.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

Well back to Japan and America it is then

giphy.gif

• Like 15

So what would this affect? Variety appearances? Drama roles? Fan meetings/concerts?

idk if this will happen but I do think some people are tired of korean celebs getting preferential treatment in China. A lot of kcelebs are filming in China just for $$ (even my faves  :rlytearpls: ) and it does affect the quality of the drama. Imagine filming an emotional scene but you cant really understand the other person bc they dont speak the language. Honestly speaking we don't see people branching into Korea without being able to speak the language. So it should be the same the other way around. 

^^^^^ Pretty much. When they don't bother to learn the language and only rely on dubbing...it gets frustrating for the viewer

• Like 2

So what would this affect? Variety appearances? Drama roles? Fan meetings/concerts?

If this goes through, no more variety appearances, no more drama roles, no more CFs.

No more Korean performances on TV.

Hunan TV's "Happy Camp" would give Korean stars' fans front row seats while shafting Chinese stars' fans.

From shows I have seen they centered the episode around the Korean celebrity, which is preferential treatment while the Chinese celebs are more side lined. I have seen fans get upset over stuff like that over and over again. I usually watch the shows for the Korean celebrity but I understand that fans of the other actors/actress get upset with this, especially when their favorites are actually more popular in China.

For real? That's just crossing the lines. I understand why people would be pissed :/

• Like 5

Yall are stupid if you think this is because of oppa and unnie.

The translation conveniently left out the part where is says that the boycott will last until the issue regarding the deployment of THAAD is resolved.

Educate yourselves:

http://thediplomat.com/2016/07/thaad-deployment-south-koreas-alliance-dilemma/

Either way BTS never actively promoted in China so all is well :)

Edited by glasses
  • Like 10
  • Dislike 8

Yall are stupid if you think this is because of oppa and unnie.

The translation conveniently left out the part where is says that the boycott will last until the issue regarding the deployment of THAAD is resolved.

Educate yourselves:

http://thediplomat.com/2016/07/thaad-deployment-south-koreas-alliance-dilemma/

Either way BTS never actively promoted in China so all is well :)

Well why can't it be both?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I wish my government would ban Chinese products in my country too. Let embrace nationalism over globalism . I sound so much like Trump right now lol.

Edited by MusicL
  • Like 12
  • Dislike 17

Sorry for this stupid question but who will likely suffer most? China or korea?

Korea.

This is beneficial for Chinese artists, more room for them. 

Tbh who wouldn't want China's money... I bet idols never see money like this for their work in Korea~~

Korean stars are a lot cheaper than Chinese stars and they have somewhat of a built-in fanbase, although it's not that large in comparison. Therefore most of the dramas I've seen Korean actors in are not really top level dramas. They do get decent ratings, especially those airing on Hunan TV, because of the demographics, but none of the really influential productions will consider hiring Koreans. 

• Like 7

I am wondering how this will affect Chinese companies that have invested in Korean companies. 

Sorry for this stupid question but who will likely suffer most? China or korea?

wouldnt it be Korea, they are the ones getting money from China. Now China will be giving money to their own celebs.

Guess you can't understand the unseriousness and sarcasm

well it's hard to tell when someone's being sarcastic on the internet. :donthinkso:  

but sorry i guess  :rlytearpls:

Edited by BEAST OT6

idk if this will happen but I do think some people are tired of korean celebs getting preferential treatment in China. A lot of kcelebs are filming in China just for $$ (even my faves  :rlytearpls: ) and it does affect the quality of the drama. Imagine filming an emotional scene but you cant really understand the other person bc they dont speak the language. Honestly speaking we don't see people branching into Korea without being able to speak the language. So it should be the same the other way around. 

You've been brainwashed by korean news who only post positive things about korean idols. The large majority of Chinese hate koreans appearing in Chinese costumes. It even addresses this on the second article I linked

yUwyIAM.gif

well put like this i can understandthe frustration from chinese actors/singers, especially about the traditional costumes. i doubt koreans would accept foreigners wearing their traditional garb that has historical meaning and play historical figures in their dramas

and since both countries have kind of used both entertainment industries as imperialistic tools (just like the US mind you), no wonder everyone's affected by political agendas

let's hope everyone calms the hell down and all settles after a few months.  

Edited by CronenQ
  • Like 1

All because of THAAD lmfaoo, China being petty as usual, yuck.

:lol: SK have right to buy THAAD and China also have right didn't buy K-pop. Fair?

• Like 11
  • Dislike 1

Well why can't it be both?

you really think the government would take measures like this over which celeb sits on the front row on Happy Camp?

Korean celebs sell and get CFs and the government has no problem with that.

Plus, it says so on the screenshot OP posted, in Chinese that is.

Edited by glasses
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 6

Lol at op that only quoting the reply with yoona name in it.

Kpop is declining everywhere tho. Not only in china. But south korea did the same thing back before 2002 right?

From shows I have seen they centered the episode around the Korean celebrity, which is preferential treatment while the Chinese celebs are more side lined. I have seen fans get upset over stuff like that over and over again. I usually watch the shows for the Korean celebrity but I understand that fans of the other actors/actress get upset with this, especially when their favorites are actually more popular in China. 

This actually happened very recently.. last Saturday's Happy Camp had William Chan, Jessica and Zhao Liying as guests. Both girls have a "CP" with William but they focused more on Jessica/William so Zhao Liying's fans are very angry. (To clear this up - not Jessica's fault. I like her. The blame falls on the producers).

you really think the government would take measures like this over which celeb seats on the front row on Happy Camp?

Korean celebs sell and get CFs and the government has no problem with that.

Plus, it says so on the screenshot OP posted, in Chinese that is.

It is a combination of both.

Because if you go on Baidu bars, plenty of fans are pissed at Hunan TV promoting Korean stars rather than their favs RIGHT after the episodes airs.

So yes to that. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

yes pretty much and it is really obvious they only care about the money. Knetz would never let them even try this in Korea.

Also when Korean celebrities go to reality shows they get preferential treatment over Chinese celebrities even really popular ones, which makes fans angry. I am honestly shocked it took this long for the government to step in. If they don't their whole entertainment industry could start getting outsourced. 

Its completely understandable, especially when you know this wouldnt even work out in SK. Foreign idols get cursed at if they cant speak korean at a fluent level. They also need it if they want to appear on shows, like no one is gonna bother hiring a translator for them so seeing this happening often in China, no wonder they are pissed. This is unfortunate timing tho, so many idols are branching out there atm. Hell YG had a partnership with Tencent just awhile ago...mess :unimpressed:

Edited by HugeBoi Minos Wife
  • Like 5