Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Kami

[UPDATED] The End of Kpop is near. China BANS korean Entertainment!!

idk if this will happen but I do think some people are tired of korean celebs getting preferential treatment in China. A lot of kcelebs are filming in China just for $$ (even my faves  :rlytearpls: ) and it does affect the quality of the drama. Imagine filming an emotional scene but you cant really understand the other person bc they dont speak the language. Honestly speaking we don't see people branching into Korea without being able to speak the language. So it should be the same the other way around. 

Yeah it definitely makes sense. I mean knetz are always so harsh when it comes to foreigners and their pronounciation, imagine shooting an entire movie or long drama without even speaking the language, while still making $. I can understand the outrage from this POV.

Honestly.. It's one of the most annoying things to me. I wish it wasn't like that but am I shocked nope.

Apparently both are tightly linked so this might explain why. I still think such things should be separated.

Edited by HugeBoi Minos Wife
  • Dislike 1

idk if this will happen but I do think some people are tired of korean celebs getting preferential treatment in China. A lot of kcelebs are filming in China just for $$ (even my faves  :rlytearpls: ) and it does affect the quality of the drama. Imagine filming an emotional scene but you cant really understand the other person bc they dont speak the language. Honestly speaking we don't see people branching into Korea without being able to speak the language. So it should be the same the other way around. 

This is why I find it weird when Knetz judge Chinese Kpop/foreign idol for their accents and stuff. Even if they are not perfect, they at least have to try and be at a certain level of fluency to debut. No foreign idol can even attempt to debut in Korea with out undergoing the rigorous kpop training system. Compare that to the fact that SNSD was able to become one of the biggest groups in Japan at one point and not even 1/3 of them can speak Japanese at a conversational level. 

Edited by PinkCalculator
  • Like 31
  • Dislike 2

oh really?? i didn't know??? i am not a korea and i don't live in china or in korea so i don't know.. but thanks... so how about treatment of korean idols in korea??? if they hated by chinese why they still get lead roles in a chinese dramas?? 

One word SM. SM as a kpop company pushes their idols in China to make more money and expand kpop There have been many Korean China co operation for the past year from TV or movies and SM even had deals to get their artists on the HunanTV station but Chinese companies are having no more of it.

oFz2Lnb.gif

Edited by Kami Truth
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 3

well China's never been fond of Korean advancement. This ain't even the start of it. My relatives there see anti-Korea 'demonstrations' with LG and Hyundai products lol

• Like 1

There like 1 billion people in China but kpop fans there might already reach more than 100 million people so it hard to stopped kpop there. Lol.

???? Lmfao where are you getting that number.

oh really?? i didn't know??? i am not a korea and i don't live in china or in korea so i don't know.. but thanks... so how about treatment of korean idols in korea??? if they hated by chinese why they still get lead roles in a chinese dramas?? 

Short answer: because producers are also susceptible to the mediaplay from Korea/Korean companies and they think the fanbases online will directly translate to sales/viewership. In reality, casting Korean leads for Chinese productions does nothing for the production and most of the time subtracts from it.

----

This article is a bit dramatic and I doubt they will ban every single Korean. But it does get frustrating for Chinese actors to see jobs for them taken by people who don't even bother to learn the language.

• Like 23
  • Dislike 5

One word SM. SM as a kpop company pushes their idols in China to make more money and expand kpop There have been many Korean China co operation for the past year from TV or movies and SM even had deals to get their artists on the HunanTV station but Chinese companies are having no more of it.

oFz2Lnb.gif

oh okay,. wonder why hallyu wave is dying in china//

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

The End of kpop T-ARA is near. China to BOYCOTT korean Entertainment!

Let me fix this

Edited by 섀드킨그
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Yeah it definitely makes sense. I mean knetz are alwaysso harsh when it comes to foreigners and their pronounciation, imagine shooting an entire movie or long drama without even speaking the language, while still making $. I can understand the outrage from this POV.

Apparently both are tightly linked so this might explain why. I still think such things should be separated.

yes pretty much and it is really obvious they only care about the money. Knetz would never let them even try this in Korea.

Also when Korean celebrities go to reality shows they get preferential treatment over Chinese celebrities even really popular ones, which makes fans angry. I am honestly shocked it took this long for the government to step in. If they don't their whole entertainment industry could start getting outsourced. 

• Like 13
  • Dislike 1

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was true! China has always been salty about everything! And Japan has restricted korean content a long time ago too! IU's popularity was starting to bloom :rlytearpls:

Why is China always ruining it for everybody?

EDIT: now that I think of it it actually makes sense? I always wondered why China kept hiring korean celebrities who can't even speak chinese for their movies/dramas and looking at how korean netizens slam foreign celebrities for their poor korean sometimes, why wouldn't China be salty as well? 

Edited by reVel
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Is this real?? 

yes, the articles are real. why is everyone so reluctant to believe it  :unimpressed:

• Like 1

???? Lmfao where are you getting that number.

Short answer: because producers are also susceptible to the mediaplay from Korea/Korean companies and they think the fanbases online will directly translate to sales/viewership. In reality, casting Korean leads for Chinese productions does nothing for the production and most of the time subtracts from it.

----

This article is a bit dramatic and I doubt they will ban every single Korean. But it does get frustrating for Chinese actors to see jobs for them taken by people who don't even bother to learn the language.

I can see how that is fustrating. I think it's important to learn the language. I see this article as dramatic too but I'm not shocked. I think it should be if you want to do film be a decent actor and know the language...

yes pretty much and it is really obvious they only care about the money. Knetz would never let them even try this in Korea.

Also when Korean celebrities go to reality shows they get preferential treatment over Chinese celebrities even really popular ones, which makes fans angry. I am honestly shocked it took this long for the government to step in. If they don't their whole entertainment industry could start getting outsourced.

What kind of treatment?

The hallyu wave's been slowly dying in China for a while. If what your saying is true, then this will result in a loss of sales. I will never understand why people bring politics into pop music.

Something intelligent...THANK YOU. I just came back from staying in china for about 3 months yesterday and I am also a lover of kpop and Kdrama

1. The general public does not LOVE kpop in China- They have the biggest fanbases but they do not play Kpop on the radio, maybe on the streets like I heard Big Bang, EXO and BTS from time to time. They have their own music to listen to in their own language  Most people do not know a groups name unless it is BB or GG, not even EXO. Not even EXO's pull is strong there (tbh no one outside of Kpop really knowns or cares about EXO, luhan, Tao and Kris are X100 more popular there)

2.I was surprised how many ads their were though. A lot of actors and Girls day have ads for clothes and such. Kdrama is more popular than Kpop tbh. 

3. If kpop was very popular in among the general public in China then it is gone now. People only know older groups like Big Bang, SNSD and Suju. The rest are irrelevant. This is everywhere.

Kpop fanbases are growing but general interest in Kpop is declining. So in a way kpop will not be hurt because more people are getting into it but if China really wanted to ban kpop they could get away with it because lack of general public interest.

• Like 19
  • Dislike 2

Uhh...Korean celebs on Chinese variety shows are the worst. Everything is done through a translator which they try to edit out, but it just messes with the whole flow of the show and feels completely disjointed. 

• Like 11

What kind of treatment?

Hunan TV's "Happy Camp" would give Korean stars' fans front row seats while shafting Chinese stars' fans. 

Well back to Japan and America it is then

Japan don't want them either.
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was true! China has always been salty about everything! And Japan has restricted korean content a long time ago too! IU's popularity was starting to bloom :rlytearpls:

Why is China always ruining it for everybody?

EDIT: now that I think of it it actually makes sense? I always wondered why China kept hiring korean celebrities who can't even speak chinese for their movies/dramas and looking at how korean netizens slam foreign celebrities for their poor korean sometimes, why wouldn't China be salty as well? 

from what I remember, koreans are cheaper than chinese actors and a lot of times they dub the voices over (even the chinese actors). So it really doesn't matter if you can speak the language as long as your mouth moves in a believable way. I think Liam Neeson was in a chinese movie.

I'm surprised it took China this long tbh. I know the chinese government favors chinese companies over international ones to promote home grown companies. This would have happened regardless of the 9 dash line/THAAD or not

edit: someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't watch chinese cinema and read it online.

Edited by midnightdreams
  • Like 5

What kind of treatment?

From shows I have seen they centered the episode around the Korean celebrity, which is preferential treatment while the Chinese celebs are more side lined. I have seen fans get upset over stuff like that over and over again. I usually watch the shows for the Korean celebrity but I understand that fans of the other actors/actress get upset with this, especially when their favorites are actually more popular in China.