Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Kami

[UPDATED] The End of Kpop is near. China BANS korean Entertainment!!

2 hours ago, Kami the II. said:

Meanwhile kpop has found itself a larger market in the west & China is establishing its own idol industry with Produce101 rip-offs...

Textbook case of China's economy model in the globalization, impede the external investissors targeting their market and rip off their technology/knowledge.

• Like 8

It's been 4 years and the ban is still there and I think it will last for longer than that. China will not lift it easily. Maybe in 6 or 10 years they may lift it. Once China lift it, I doubt things will be like before. Everyone is going to be awkward. So honestly it's better to keep things the way it is or if they still want more chinese fans, korean companies should just create their own Cpop groups exclusively for chinese market like WayV, BoyStory... (win-win for both parties and less drama).

BOTH COUNTRIES (China and SKorea) ARE FINE and even got better. 

China is producing their own Cpop idols with PD101 series and releasing 30,000 episodes of TV dramas every year since they have a huge population.

Korea have BTS, TWICE, BLACKPINK. Those 3 groups are bringing many Kpop fans worldwide (breaking records for album sales, youtube views, sns trending.....) as long as there are lots of Kpop groups ready to work hard, they can succeed. I see potential in NCT 127, Stray Kids, TXT,Itzy, Ateez, G(iddle)...

For Kdramas, we have NETFLIX (worldwide audience) buying more and more Kdrams and creating their own Netflix Kdrama original series like Kingdom (I watched it 20 times all 6 ep in 1 month)...Netflix is giving more korean contents like thriller, action .... 

I'm glad since 2016, we've seen lots of japanese idols in Kpop....like  in IZONE, Cherry Bullet, Yuta, or YG with TREASURES, JYP with NIZI. 

This ban is good for SM because it will stop SM for being obsessed with China. I'm fed up with SM and their obsession with China. We had SujuM didn't work, EXO-M didn't work, NCT M (I mean WayV)... It's time for SM to reflect on their mistakes and focus on themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Clown 1
  • Dislike 1
  • WTF 1

On 5/8/2020 at 2:32 AM, Nero_Kpop said:

Textbook case of China's economy model in the globalization, impede the external investissors targeting their market and rip off their technology/knowledge.

True lol

53 minutes ago, lighterxx said:

Who pulled this thread up again lol

right omg i was so shook LOL i thought this was some recent development

44 minutes ago, canis lupus said:

right omg i was so shook LOL i thought this was some recent development

Same i saw title and went "AGAIN???" luckily i also saw thread poster is Kami otherwise i would seriously think and worry lol

On 5/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, Miaou00 said:

This ban is good for SM because it will stop SM for being obsessed with China. I'm fed up with SM and their obsession with China. We had SujuM didn't work, EXO-M didn't work, NCT M (I mean WayV)... It's time for SM to reflect on their mistakes and focus on themselves. 

I actually think the ban was good, but for a different reason. The ban forced SM to make WayV an all-Chinese group, with Chinese members and original Chinese music, and a focus on the Chinese music market. WayV should not be included in the list of projects that "didn't work", they have promise and they are fairly new. I have faith in them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought this was new 

Edited by SiIverFox
Typo

3 hours ago, jeong jaehyuns boyfriend said:

I actually think the ban was good, but for a different reason. The ban forced SM to make WayV an all-Chinese group, with Chinese members and original Chinese music, and a focus on the Chinese music market. WayV should not be included in the list of projects that "didn't work", they have promise and they are fairly new. I have faith in them.

It will be complicated bc chinese competence in cpop is big but they have quality music in their favor

20 minutes ago, Drama Drama Drama said:

It will be complicated bc chinese competence in cpop is big but they have quality music in their favor

If SM/Label V plays their cards right, they could seize this new wave of rising C-pop groups in the young Chinese idol industry and find a niche for themselves. The biggest problem is SuperM... it limits their schedule so much, because Lucas and Ten constantly have to split their time between two groups, and it's not exactly possible to promote as WayV without their center/face of the group and main dancer/lead vocalist. The most important thing right now is increasing the visibility of the members to the general public, by making sure Lucas keeps his position on Keep Running and giving WinWin another fixed variety show or even a role in a drama since he wants to act anyway. Or, I don't know. Send one of the boys like Ten to be a dancing judge on an idol production show, kind of like how Lisa was. 

On 5/31/2020 at 2:10 AM, jeong jaehyuns boyfriend said:

Yeah but I wanted WayV to be completly independant from SM control. I wanted to believe that Label V will do a different (maybe) better job than what SM did to their chinese sub-unit. SM seems to want to put one foot in China and still have another in Korea. They were kinda scared to go mainly for the chinese market. 

So yeah, it's good that WayV have full chinese members (Ten have some chinese genes). They will know the chinese market better (the rules, the music, the singers...the trends...) which is a good start and experiment for SM for their future chinese groups.