Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrong definition of akgae fan=Stanning or caring for the group but not caring about, or even disliking one member, Bad side: don't really care about bashing that one member at some point since that person really don't like that one member, but will continuously support the other members.

Right definition of akgae fan=Stanning ONE member of the group without caring for the rest. Bad side: some even get to the extent of bashing the other members of the group for the sake of praising their bias and only member that they care about.

I did this thread because I noticed some group fans tend to call akgae fans to those stans who cares about the whole group except one member, you got it all wrong honey, akgae fans is only used for individual stans a.k.a: People who only stan one member of the group without caring about the rest.

Liking the whole group except for one member isn't wrong, and stanning only one member of a group isn't wrong either.

Oh, and just because that person might not like one member of the group doesn't mean they are a fake stan.

Of course, I guess one must know the limits.

im the wrong definition of akgae fan when it comes to red velvet

Preach girl preach. Ok u cleared things up. Hope no one misuses it anymore, or hate "normal" akgae fans

I was always under the impression that an akgae fan is like an individual fan but instead of being indifferent to the rest of the group, is resentful to them

I dislike a few members of my bias groups and people always call me an akgae/fake fan

5vfTamn.gif

I was always under the impression that an akgae fan is like an individual fan but instead of being indifferent to the rest of the group, is resentful to them

yes this is more of the correct definition of an akgae fan

an akgae fan is not an individual fan who doesn't care about/is indifferent to other members...an akgae fan is an individual member fan who is blatantly malicious to other members and hates them

I dislike a few members of my bias groups and people always call me an akgae/fake fan

5vfTamn.gif

Few? More all of em except 1.

You're the epitome of akgaeness~

Love your DP! :ahmagah: 

Thankss  :ahmagah:

Are you an akgae fan?

I'm the wrong definition of akgae fan  :derp:

Yeah, that's the definition of akgae fan, but as time passed by it turned into a more general term to refer to individual stans (Between the intl fandom)

Is your definition correct? Because I saw a lot of K-fans complained about akgae fan for their hate towards other members in the group.

I mean akgae fan is a bad word and there is no normal akgae fan.

Is your definition correct? Because I saw a lot of K-fans complained about akgae fan for their hate towards other members in the group.

I mean akgae fan is a bad word and there is no normal akgae fan.

Yeah, that's the definition of akgae fan, but as time passed by it turned into a more general term to refer to individual stans (Between the intl fandom)

what is the definition of fans who dislike one member only and keep bashing that member also under the illusion that if they hate him/her = their bias hates him/her too?

I know about akgaes too but most of them like being fakes. Pretend to support others and use them to hate on the person they dislike

LLs5qYi.gif

Akgae fans doesn't buy group album and they are the reason internal fanwar exist

yeah thats just individual stan. tbh i dont think there's a reason intl fandom should have their own separate definition for akgae fan. doesn't that mean like bad something..? bad fan? or thats the image it gives off. individual fan isn't really bad thing, some go the bad way with it like trolling and stuff but most just really like that member but dont tend to likes the rest. i'm that way with several groups. i think akgae is more akin to, thinking of a recently example, when fans burned pictures of hyunseung and smashed CDs iirc, like those are akgae ot5 fans. but there are prolly beast fans that also like (for lack of better word) hyunseung out because it's better for both parties since there was obvious straining of relationships. it's not really bad to not like one member or inverse, to just like one member. i think when it gets bad is they start flaming the members and being destructive

I think individual stans are kind of harmless, meanwhile akgaes are like the opposite.  :unsure:

But akgae is a Korean term. Messing up the term gonna make people misunderstand translator's work when an article about akgae gets translated.

For example:

Recently there is an article criticsing Baekhyun's akgae fandom. If the article get translated, with the definition you provided, people will get confused.

I still prefer Korean term with Korean meaning.

Few? More all of em except 1.

You're the epitome of akgaeness~

Reported for exposing

6P3x246.gif

but thats how i stanning amber.

anyway i still didnt hate another members. 

Thankss  :ahmagah:

I'm the wrong definition of akgae fan  :derp:

I think the way some ifans use it comes from a misunderstanding of the word, but since calling someone an akgae fan is basiclly caling them an evil dog theres no way to spin that to make it normal, its most likely best for some to learn the og meaning

Reported for exposing

6P3x246.gif

Reported for making 4 threads within a 1 hour time frame OdxJXgt.gif

I think the way some ifans use it comes from a misunderstanding of the word, but since calling someone an akgae fan is basiclly caling them an evil dog theres no way to spin that to make it nornmal, its most likely best for some to learn the og meaning

Exactly. People should know the exact meaning and stop misunderstanding the word. it's a bad word.

Reported for making 4 threads within a 1 hour time frame OdxJXgt.gif

Reported for creativity opression

When I have a thread idea I need to make it right away or I will forget

PQqhowQ.gif